Here's some recommendations: (click link for full article)
1. Typically There are 3 Approaches to Finances in Marriage
A. Joint Finances or “Pool Everything” Approach
B. Joint with Separate Finances or “Middle Ground” Approach
C. Separate Finances or “Independent” Approach
It is up to each couple to determine how they will handle money. That said I’m going to assume either option A or B for rest of the post.
2. Finances need to be talked about.
3. Decide what your goals and objectives are together.
4. Create a Budget and Discuss Together.
5. Tackle Debt Head on as a Couple.
6. Agree Upon Major Purchases.
7. Agree Upon an “Allowance” for Each Spouse.
8. Schedule Follow-ups.
9. Save 10 to 15% of Your Household Income Each Month.
10. Be Honest About Finances.
What has worked for you in your marriage? How do you view finances after being married?