Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Rainbow halo

9 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I tried to take a photo of the "blood" moon tonight but my camera wasn't clear enough but absolutely

beautiful bright white moon with the most gorgeous rainbow halo around it - it took my breath away!!

Earlier on in the evening the clouds around the moon were tinged pink but the moon was alway bright white.

Posted · Report post

moon_zps9948ea43.jpg

That's what it looked like at my house about 2:45 AM....     out in the cold (35degrees)

The small light edge effect was from the moon moving as this was a three second exposure.  The colors looked just like this.    It was a very clear cold night with no wind here in central Oklahoma.....   so no rainbow here...

Posted · Report post

yeah...definatley some very beautiful and spectacular images being taken and they are all over the internet

We are on a mountain and the moon rises later here then it does in the valley below us

I was in the LR and my husband called me to come and see the rising moon

It was awesome...coming over the woods behind us...and there was a mist or haze appearing to be all around it...unfortuneatly, we had cloud last night and so were not

able to see the eclispe

Posted · Report post

moon_zps9948ea43.jpg

That's what it looked like at my house about 2:45 AM....     out in the cold (35degrees)

The small light edge effect was from the moon moving as this was a three second exposure.  The colors looked just like this.    It was a very clear cold night with no wind here in central Oklahoma.....   so no rainbow here...

Did you take that pic OO?

It's beautiful!!

Posted · Report post

moon_zps9948ea43.jpg

It's beautiful!!

Yes I took it last night around 2:45 CDT

Posted · Report post

moon_zps9948ea43.jpg

It's beautiful!!

Yes I took it last night around 2:45 CDT

You're very good :)

Posted · Report post

Yes, you did a great job. A beautiful photo of a beautiful creation of God. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Posted · Report post

*blushes and says*  thank you both.

Posted · Report post

That is really cool oo.Thanks for sharing.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0