christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Catholics are Christians Too

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
51 replies to this topic

bestrfcplayer

bestrfcplayer

• Nonbeliever
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts
We share the same God and read the same Bible. Just because we have differen traditions, does. It mean we are any less Christian. We believe in Christ too.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,078 posts

I agree. I think that some of the things that Catholics practise are heresies, but on the whole if you believe in Jesus Christ, you are saved - Catholic, Orthodox, Protestant, non-Denominational or whatever.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,892 posts

That is true.As long as someone believes and has repented to Jesus Christ and has given Him their life that person is saved.Why are you a nonbeliever?

bestrfcplayer

bestrfcplayer

• Nonbeliever
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

That is true.As long as something believes and has repented to Jesus Christ and has given Him their life that person is saved.Why are you a nonbeliever?

That is what your moderators have labeled me as. While I do have some unorthodox beliefs as compared to here, I still have accepted Christ as my Savior.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,078 posts

That is true.As long as something believes and has repented to Jesus Christ and has given Him their life that person is saved.Why are you a nonbeliever?

That is what your moderators have labeled me as. While I do have some unorthodox beliefs as compared to here, I still have accepted Christ as my Savior.

No man can judge you, only God. Mans' labels are nothing.

I expect that there was a reason for it.

bestrfcplayer

bestrfcplayer

• Nonbeliever
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

No man can judge you, only God. Mans' labels are nothing.
I expect that there was a reason for it.

Exactly. I'm not sure what the reason was, but if I may guess, I'd guess that I said something that they didn't agree with Scripturally.

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,286 posts

Since you are a member of Worthy,

( We have believers, nonbelievers and seekers )

Those moderators/servants you refer to, are also your moderators/servants.   :thumbsup: 

Please treat them with respect. 

(If you have any doubt as to why you were designated to , "Nonbeliver" please contact a board servant. )

Nigel. (ncn chat servant) 

gray wolf

gray wolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

I am a part time Catholic as well.  All orthodox Christians can whole-heartedly recite the Nicene Creed which codifies our beliefs.  I do not follow the Church's teaching on everything; I do not petition saints, I do not believe in Purgatory for example.  But I believe in the power and sacredness of the Eucharist on the other hand.  I received Christ as a teenager and have been associated with several churches and denominations.  I have found the Catholic church to be aggressive in alleviating suffering and reaching out to the outcasts, as I think Jesus would want us to.  I wanted to be part of that, even though I privately dissent from certain doctrines..

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,892 posts

I am a part time Catholic as well.  All orthodox Christians can whole-heartedly recite the Nicene Creed which codifies our beliefs.  I do not follow the Church's teaching on everything; I do not petition saints, I do not believe in Purgatory for example.  But I believe in the power and sacredness of the Eucharist on the other hand.  I received Christ as a teenager and have been associated with several churches and denominations.  I have found the Catholic church to be aggressive in alleviating suffering and reaching out to the outcasts, as I think Jesus would want us to.  I wanted to be part of that, even though I privately dissent from certain doctrines..

Being about to recite a creed does not make a person a believer.Just like attending a Church does not make a person a believer.

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,104 posts
If you have a question about your groupings, you should email us.

There are those who truly follow Christ in the RCC, I agree, but just because someone knows Jesus is the Son of God, or that there is one God does not make then part of the body of Christ.

Luke 4:41

And demons also came out of many, crying out and saying, “You are the Christ, the Son of God!”
And He, rebuking them, did not allow them to speak, for they knew that He was the Christ.

James 2:19

You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble!

It takes more than just believing Jesus is the Christ, it takes surrendering to Him and allowing Him to work in and through you to be a true follower.

I am sure God knows who is and is not His as He looks at every gathering. I have always said that we will be surprised as to who we will and will not see after we die. There will be those who we thought for sure would be sharing eternity with us, but didn't make it, as well as those whom we thought would never make if but are there.

gray wolf

gray wolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts
It is not really fair to lump some of these people with demons, but I see the point. I do agree that the belief in Christ must be internalized-- the person must receive Christ to be saved.

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,509 posts

Blessings best.....

Absolutely,my Brother in Christ.......................It is all about YOUR relationship with Christ,many denominations have religious traditions of men and that does not mean that is what you base your faith on ,,,,,,or even practice.John 3:16 does say"WHOSOEVER" & no one is excluded from choosing Salvation by their Faith in Christ& receiving the Grace of God!

Not every Catholic fits Donibms description & it is  very unfair to categorize everyone with such contempt,much too judgemental

With love-in Christ,Kwik

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,104 posts

This site does not allow RCC teaching, nor does it allow RCC bashing.  Discuss the issue at hand and if you want to discuss a side view or subject, start another thread, but do so with the understanding that it is to be a discussion and not a form of bashing.

I have hidden some posts that were against our verbal policy of RCC bashing.

Qnts2

Qnts2

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

We share the same God and read the same Bible. Just because we have differen traditions, does. It mean we are any less Christian. We believe in Christ too.

Perhaps the difference is in the belief of what it takes to become a Christian.

When did you become a Christian/saved?

What did you do, or was done to you which caused you to be a Christian/saved?  

LadyC

LadyC

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,964 posts

yep, i think it is rcc bashing too. but i'm also curious as to why he thinks catholics do not believe homosexual relationships are wrong.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,078 posts

Catholics do believe that homosexuality is wrong.

Guest_DRS81_*

Guest_DRS81_*
  • Guests

Best has made it obvious that he supports homosexuality if one has been following his posts.

LadyC

LadyC

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,964 posts

Best has made it obvious that he supports homosexuality if one has been following his posts.

but that's not something that the RCC supports.

Guest_DRS81_*

Guest_DRS81_*
  • Guests

but that's not something that the RCC supports.

I'm confused. What do you mean, RCC?

LadyC

LadyC

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,964 posts

roman catholic church.

you know, there are some people who claim to be christians who support homosexuality too. that doesn't mean christians support it. just individuals.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network