christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ranking in Heaven

* * * * * 1 votes Ranking Heaven

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

jacqui

jacqui
  • 2 posts

I have been a christian for 35 years. God has always been my strength and refuge. He is my closest friend and I know Him to be loving and kind.  However, I have always battled with the concept of heaven's 'ranking' as outlined in some scriptures in the bible and taught from the pulpit.  If we are all equal in the eyes of God, why are there different rewards and levels in heaven?  On earth, I have always abhorred the idea of man-made class systems.  They are unjust and unfair and have been the cause of much conflict and sadness. Why would God sort His loved ones into a hierarcical order?  Those who were 'excellent' christians sit beside Him while those who were 'struggling' christians are lucky to just exist in heaven somewhere far from the heavenly throne. This idea unsettles me spiritually and challenges my faith.  I have prayed many times about this but the question still remains.

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,115 posts
Welcome to Worthy jacqui.

I moved your thread here, since it is your first post. As a registered member, any post or thread in the Seekers Lounge would first need to meet the Servants (administrators) approval, as your needed.

To answer your question, we are all equal in Him, yet His rewards for what we do distinguishes the crowns we will receive at the Bema Seat Judgment. According to this, we will be given different responsibilities in Him. His ways can never be compared to our ways, for His ways are far above our ways. What we struggle with in this life will not be a struggle in the next. Remember, we see through a glass darkly, or in a mirror dimly, but when we are with Him, we will know as we are known.

P_W

P_W

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

A Worthy welcome to you!

Shalom, PrairWarur

Atwood

Atwood

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
Welcome. This subject of "ranking" is a matter for searching the Bible. Those who turn many to righteousness shall shine as the stars forever (see end of Daniel). There are rewards offered to Christians called crowns (victor's wreaths) -- also judgment at the Judgment Seat of Christ.

But for all who trust Christ as SAvior: He Who spared not His own Son but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not also with Him freely give us all things! Sounds good enough for me.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,895 posts

Welcome~!

~

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. Colossians 2:8

~

I have been a christian for 35 years.

God has always been my strength and refuge.

He is my closest friend and I know Him to be loving and kind. 

However, I have always battled with the concept of heaven's 'ranking' as outlined in some scriptures in the bible and taught from the pulpit. 

If we are all equal in the eyes of God, why are there different rewards and levels in heaven? 

On earth, I have always abhorred the idea of man-made class systems. 

They are unjust and unfair and have been the cause of much conflict and sadness.

Why would God sort His loved ones into a hierarcical order? 

Those who were 'excellent' christians sit beside Him while those who were 'struggling' christians are lucky to just exist in heaven somewhere far from the heavenly throne.

This idea unsettles me spiritually and challenges my faith.  I have prayed many times about this but the question still remains.

:thumbsup:

The

For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones. Isaiah 57:15

Reward

Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. Revelation 3:12

Is

And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:

And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.

And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever. Revelation 22:3-5

Jesus

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. Psalms 42:1

RobertStone

RobertStone
  • Members
  • 12 posts

It's not really about trying to rank people, it's about what people are prepared for. The whole point of existence is for us to learn how to be like God. We are commanded to be just like Jesus and the Father. Can we be like them just by merely doing nothing? Basically, can you get a job as a CPA if you didn't follow the rules in grade school, learn your math, then go to college and get the degree and then pass the test? Can you expect to just be handed a CPA job without going through the proper preparations. Of course not, you wouldn't be able to handle it. Likewise, can you expect to be like God and His Son, to enjoy the kind of life that saved beings enjoy and have the attributes that holy beings have without making the necessary preparations by following the rules and gaining those attributes? Some people will prepare themselves, through repenting, keeping the commandments, and being the best they can be, others will not, and still others will completely rebel. And remember, none of us are going to be perfect on our own, it takes the merits of Christ to make up for what we lack. But we do need to be trying. You mention "struggling" Christians as though there may be some who just have it so easy, as if none of us have issues to overcome. We all will struggle, we all will fight to overcome whatever our issues may be, and if we are faithful, Christ will make up for what we lack.

coheir

coheir

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

It's not really about trying to rank people, it's about what people are prepared for. The whole point of existence is for us to learn how to be like God. We are commanded to be just like Jesus and the Father. Can we be like them just by merely doing nothing? Basically, can you get a job as a CPA if you didn't follow the rules in grade school, learn your math, then go to college and get the degree and then pass the test? Can you expect to just be handed a CPA job without going through the proper preparations. Of course not, you wouldn't be able to handle it. Likewise, can you expect to be like God and His Son, to enjoy the kind of life that saved beings enjoy and have the attributes that holy beings have without making the necessary preparations by following the rules and gaining those attributes? Some people will prepare themselves, through repenting, keeping the commandments, and being the best they can be, others will not, and still others will completely rebel. And remember, none of us are going to be perfect on our own, it takes the merits of Christ to make up for what we lack. But we do need to be trying. You mention "struggling" Christians as though there may be some who just have it so easy, as if none of us have issues to overcome. We all will struggle, we all will fight to overcome whatever our issues may be, and if we are faithful, Christ will make up for what we lack.

B - basic

I -  instruction

B - before

L - living

E - eternally 

take note of first word

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,895 posts

I have been a christian for 35 years. God has always been my strength and refuge. He is my closest friend and I know Him to be loving and kind.  However, I have always battled with the concept of heaven's 'ranking' as outlined in some scriptures in the bible and taught from the pulpit.  If we are all equal in the eyes of God, why are there different rewards and levels in heaven?  On earth, I have always abhorred the idea of man-made class systems.  They are unjust and unfair and have been the cause of much conflict and sadness. Why would God sort His loved ones into a hierarcical order?  Those who were 'excellent' christians sit beside Him while those who were 'struggling' christians are lucky to just exist in heaven somewhere far from the heavenly throne. This idea unsettles me spiritually and challenges my faith.  I have prayed many times about this but the question still remains.

Welcome to Worthy jacqui.It is nice to have you with us.God's Blessings to you  :mgcheerful:

2 Corinthians 12:2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago—whether in the body I do not know, or whether out of the body I do not know, God knows—such a one was caught up to the third heaven.   This may make someone think that there are three different levels in heaven.That is not Biblical.

Paul was saying that God took him to the Celestial heavens.This is the realm where God dwells.

Revelation 22:12  “And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work.    This speaks of the different rewards in heaven.These will be given to us at the "judgment seat of Christ" or the "Bema Seat" judgment.This judgment will occur at the rapture.Some will gain rewards and some will not.This is determined by what we have done while in our bodies on earth. God knows everyone's heart.

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,908 posts
Welcome to Worthy!! What my rank will be or that of others is of no consequence to me. I will do my best and leave the rest to God - as long as I am in His presence what matter where I am amongst others.

alien224

alien224

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts
Welcome!

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,895 posts

I moved your thread here, since it is your first post. As a registered member, any post or thread in the Seekers Lounge would first need to meet the Servants (administrators) approval, as your needed.

To answer your question, we are all equal in Him, yet His rewards for what we do distinguishes the crowns we will receive at the Bema Seat Judgment. According to this, we will be given different responsibilities in Him. His ways can never be compared to our ways, for His ways are far above our ways. What we struggle with in this life will not be a struggle in the next. Remember, we see through a glass darkly, or in a mirror dimly, but when we are with Him, we will know as we are known.

So depending on the crowns we will receive we may have more responsibities?Where do you get this from OneLight?

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,115 posts

So depending on the crowns we will receive we may have more responsibities?Where do you get this from OneLight?

Good question.  Why not start a new thread so we can discuss it there? 

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,895 posts

Good question.  Why not start a new thread so we can discuss it there? 

lol!! But you said " According to this, we will be given different responsibilities in Him".Where in scripture does that come from?It makes sense.A really good friend of mine today said the same thing as you.But he said he would have to check on that.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,895 posts
lol!! But you said " According to this, we will be given different responsibilities in Him". Where in scripture does that come from? It makes sense. A really good friend of mine today said the same thing as you. But he said he would have to check on that.

~

Kingdom

So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do. Luke 17:10

Economics

“Again, the Kingdom of Heaven can be illustrated by the story of a man going on a long trip. He called together his servants and entrusted his money to them while he was gone.

He gave five bags of silver to one, two bags of silver to another, and one bag of silver to the last—dividing it in proportion to their abilities. He then left on his trip.

“The servant who received the five bags of silver began to invest the money and earned five more. The servant with two bags of silver also went to work and earned two more. But the servant who received the one bag of silver dug a hole in the ground and hid the master’s money.

“After a long time their master returned from his trip and called them to give an account of how they had used his money. 

The servant to whom he had entrusted the five bags of silver came forward with five more and said, ‘Master, you gave me five bags of silver to invest, and I have earned five more.’ “The master was full of praise. ‘Well done, my good and faithful servant. You have been faithful in handling this small amount, so now I will give you many more responsibilities. Let’s celebrate together!

“The servant who had received the two bags of silver came forward and said, ‘Master, you gave me two bags of silver to invest, and I have earned two more.’ “The master said, ‘Well done, my good and faithful servant. You have been faithful in handling this small amount, so now I will give you many more responsibilities. Let’s celebrate together!’

“Then the servant with the one bag of silver came and said, ‘Master, I knew you were a harsh man, harvesting crops you didn’t plant and gathering crops you didn’t cultivate. I was afraid I would lose your money, so I hid it in the earth. Look, here is your money back.’ 

“But the master replied, ‘You wicked and lazy servant! If you knew I harvested crops I didn’t plant and gathered crops I didn’t cultivate, why didn’t you deposit my money in the bank? At least I could have gotten some interest on it.’

“Then he ordered, ‘Take the money from this servant, and give it to the one with the ten bags of silver. 

To those who use well what they are given, even more will be given, and they will have an abundance. But from those who do nothing, even what little they have will be taken away. Now throw this useless servant into outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’ Matthew 25:14-30 (NLT)

Scary Huh

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. Romans 8:15

~

Be Blessed Beloved Daughter Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Number 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

Love is alive

Love is alive

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

welcome to worthy

elkieDannsa' Air An Drochaid

elkieDannsa' Air An Drochaid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts

We who are Jesus' will each hold as much of Him as we are able and His PureLove,He is Pure Love,as much as we are able to hold!  Some more than others but each to their personal fullest !!!

(This does not compare with man's kind of fullness in any way.)

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network