christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

In gods eye who is the better person

* * * * * 1 votes god morals

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

ziongite

ziongite
  • Seeker
  • 1 posts

Alright now I am not strictly a Christian and have always had my own ideas about what is right and wrong and seemingly enough quite a lot of what I have realized myself to be wrong through common sense is very similar to what Christians believe to be wrong.

Now I first of all believe that abortion is immoral and killing life and just because the legal system allows women to do it doesn't make it and less moral. When a man attacks a pregnant woman and the baby inside her dies he gets charged with homicide yet if it's the woman killing her own baby according to the law makers then that's alright. I find that totally wrong. 

I also believe that things like promoting homosexuality like the media does is immoral also. While I don't hate a homosexual person I don't think it should be portrayed as a positive thing because the reality is that it's harmful to your health and the health of the human species. Also I don't believe homosexual people are born gay. That is just an excuse. Whether you are a person who is gay or who only likes a certain race of person or some sick idiot that has sex with animals then it's all a result of your upbringing and life experiences up until that point.

Now I have no problem in hurting someones feelings if they are doing the wrong thing or supporting immoral things. For instance I will openly call someone an idiot if they are being an idiot.

My mother claims she is more moral than me and claims that hurting peoples feelings means you go to hell. She just tolerates everything and anyone which I think is a destructive thing not a good thing. She supports abortion and also supports homosexuality and thinks homosexuality is a positive thing. She always makes excuses for people that do bad things. She is a feminist which I also think is destructive to humans as a whole. 

So while I am not a Christian, Who do you think is the better person out of me and my mom. My mom uses saying like "treat others how you would want to be treated yourself" and I fully agree with that but feel that you can't just say that to everything. I think that saying is only useful if the other person is a normal level headed human being like yourself. 

No one wants to get punched right. Does that mean if someones attacking you that you think oh treat others how you would want to be treated. Better not punch him back or defend myself because if I was him I wouldn't want that. lol that is stupid. My mom uses that saying to excuse people for bad behavior. 

Also if a person were to attack and try to kill me then I would defend myself and if they died in the process I can't say I would feel too bad because they were trying to kill me. Self defense isn't immoral. I am not saying though if they try to kill you and you can easily stop them that you should then kill them. I am saying in a case where it's unavoidable, For instance they run at you with a knife and you shoot them.

I have no idea what the bible says about this but that is the way I feel about it. 

Something my mom being a feminist also seems to do is give excuses for bad female behavior. For instance "Oh she probably cheated on her husband because he wasn't good enough for her" or "Oh that husband hit the wife so he deserved to have a hitman hired to kill him".

ayin jade

ayin jade

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,355 posts

What I think doesnt matter. It is what God thinks that matters. How any of us stand before Him is what matters. 

alien224

alien224

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
Welcome

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts

Blessings ziongite

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums......................Your title asks..."Who is better in Gods eyes",God is not a respecter of persons & we all fall short of the Glory of God,He loves us all so very much .....So much that He sent His Only Begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life

Since this is the welcome thread,when you have just 5 posts you can start a thread & post it in an appropriate forum and we can have a nice discussion about all the things you spoke of & you will get lots of replies.................for now I will just say,I don't know you or your mom & I probably would never think of either of you as being "better" than the other.........just two different people,God Bless you both

With love-in Christ,Kwik

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,014 posts

Welcome to Worthy. 

Willamina

Willamina

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts
Glad to have you join us.
According to Jesus the only thing your mom was right about is that saying "you idiot" makes you guilty of hell fire. Since I have been guilty of muttering that at dangerous drivers, I can't say much.
The point that Jesus made is that no one is righteous and everyone is going to hell. The only escape is to receive the blood that Jesus provided on the cross as payment for your sins and imperfections. That is the only way to have friendship and peace with God the Father. Jesus arose from the dead some 2000 years ago today so we Christians proclaim today: He is risen! Hallelujah!
Blessings,
Willa

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,048 posts

Welcome~!

~

... always had my own ideas about what is right....I have realized myself to be wrong through common sense is very similar to what Christians believe to be wrong.....

:thumbsup:

Christian

And God spake all these words, saying, I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Exodus 20:1-4

Common

Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: Romans 5:12

Sense

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23

~

Common

The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee. Jeremiah 31:3

Sense

Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. Isaiah 1:18

Christians

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

19Duggarfan

19Duggarfan

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Hello Ziongite and welcome to Worthy.

Harmone

Harmone
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Welcome. You can ask questions at Questions and Answers forum.

Jerry1023

Jerry1023

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
Welcome to worthy!

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,470 posts
Welcome to Worth!! The problem with having your own ideas of what is right and wrong is that they do not meet God's right and wrong and His is what matters to all of us all the time. It is never what I think it is always what does God think!!

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,142 posts

Welcome to Worthy.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

Welcome to Worthy ziongite.It is nice to have you with us.Littlelamb has it right.It does not matter what we think.It is what is right with God.

Organic Medicine

Organic Medicine

• PipPip
  • 103 posts
Well I am not American ,nor am I from a fundamentalist background. No one can try to put themselves in God' shoes as it were,but He does teach us how to discriminate between attitudes and actions which pleas Him,and which allows the Holy Spirit to dwell in us .Another thing that I think is important is to educate yourself about history,societies,and the conséquences long term of breaking God's laws;Without this backgrouund one is not much use in discussion with educated people who ask questions .Jesus came to earth 2000 years ago and while His basic teachings never change ,the circumstances of society and individuals,and scientific knowledge has .
I do not agree with the people here who do not dare to answer your questions,so I wil attempt to answer in part. I think although you say you are not a christian,you have the Holy Spirit guiding you already,as had many people whom Jesus met when He was on earth,before they became chrstians,because although they had not yet met Him,they were good in their hearts,and God enlightens them with the truth .Many people who say they are christians do not have the Holy Spirit in dwelling,but are only so in name and habit .

As for your mother ,it seems that her head is confused with thinking that love is a feeling,but in fact it is more of a caring for the truth eg.if someone is killing themselves with drugs or alcohol,fast driving you would be a friend to help them to stop,you would not be a friend if you encouraged them to kill themselves,as people who encourage the normalisation of homosexual relations. Of course we hould do it in a loving but courageous way,but we should try to do it,if we know them.

Some people because of expériences with negative chrstians have turned away from God and the bible,but I would council you to try to see the latest Son of God film,which is excellent in it's straightforward teaching style .
It was on this weekend after a series on the Old Testament,and together they have I am very sure,made a huge contribution to converting this bible deprived country France.
It made this Easter the best for me in a many years,and I wish to thank those who made it with al my heart,for it is sorely needed.

Edited by Organic Medicine, 21 April 2014 - 06:01 PM.

Rustyangel

Rustyangel

Royal Member

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,304 posts

Welcome to Worth!! The problem with having your own ideas of what is right and wrong is that they do not meet God's right and wrong and His is what matters to all of us all the time. It is never what I think it is always what does God think!!

Littlelambseativy  Is  right on target.  What we think is right and what God thinks are two different things.  Someone said it,... God's ways are not our ways, but I love His ways.  In my walk with God I have found that out.  This is where our trust comes into play.  It's  not always easy but when you follow God it will never be a  mistake.  

Because He Lives!  Rustyangel

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,096 posts

Alright now I am not strictly a Christian and have always had my own ideas about what is right and wrong and seemingly enough quite a lot of what I have realized myself to be wrong through common sense is very similar to what Christians believe to be wrong.

Now I first of all believe that abortion is immoral and killing life and just because the legal system allows women to do it doesn't make it and less moral. When a man attacks a pregnant woman and the baby inside her dies he gets charged with homicide yet if it's the woman killing her own baby according to the law makers then that's alright. I find that totally wrong. 

I also believe that things like promoting homosexuality like the media does is immoral also. While I don't hate a homosexual person I don't think it should be portrayed as a positive thing because the reality is that it's harmful to your health and the health of the human species. Also I don't believe homosexual people are born gay. That is just an excuse. Whether you are a person who is gay or who only likes a certain race of person or some sick idiot that has sex with animals then it's all a result of your upbringing and life experiences up until that point.

Now I have no problem in hurting someones feelings if they are doing the wrong thing or supporting immoral things. For instance I will openly call someone an idiot if they are being an idiot.

My mother claims she is more moral than me and claims that hurting peoples feelings means you go to hell. She just tolerates everything and anyone which I think is a destructive thing not a good thing. She supports abortion and also supports homosexuality and thinks homosexuality is a positive thing. She always makes excuses for people that do bad things. She is a feminist which I also think is destructive to humans as a whole. 

So while I am not a Christian, Who do you think is the better person out of me and my mom. My mom uses saying like "treat others how you would want to be treated yourself" and I fully agree with that but feel that you can't just say that to everything. I think that saying is only useful if the other person is a normal level headed human being like yourself. 

No one wants to get punched right. Does that mean if someones attacking you that you think oh treat others how you would want to be treated. Better not punch him back or defend myself because if I was him I wouldn't want that. lol that is stupid. My mom uses that saying to excuse people for bad behavior. 

Also if a person were to attack and try to kill me then I would defend myself and if they died in the process I can't say I would feel too bad because they were trying to kill me. Self defense isn't immoral. I am not saying though if they try to kill you and you can easily stop them that you should then kill them. I am saying in a case where it's unavoidable, For instance they run at you with a knife and you shoot them.

I have no idea what the bible says about this but that is the way I feel about it. 

Something my mom being a feminist also seems to do is give excuses for bad female behavior. For instance "Oh she probably cheated on her husband because he wasn't good enough for her" or "Oh that husband hit the wife so he deserved to have a hitman hired to kill him".

Well, concerning your mother's idea about calling someone an idiot.....   I think it might depend on your definition of an idiot, for the Bible does say that to call someone a fool is putting one in danger of hell fire.....   so your mom isn't really that far off.   If our definition of an idiot would be the same as a fool then your mother might be right.

On that thought what good comes from telling someone they are an idiot...    If you are trying to get them to recognize some action as not a good thing, about all you accomplish is to offend them and they will shut down and pay little or no attention to them.......   if you are trying to belittle them with the comment, it's flat out wrong to do so....

If someone is attacking you and you defend yourself and they die, it surprises me that you would not feel sorry for that person....   it's unlikely a Christian would do that to you and in killing them, you possibly could condemn them to hell for eternity......   and no matter what the reason, that's a serious thing to ponder.....   I would think that would make anyone sad.

As to who is a better person, I would be hard  for just those few things are not that big of a deal......    and you didn't say what your mom's thoughts on abortion and homosexuality are...

however if you pushed it to a vote, I'm voting for mom....

LadyC

LadyC

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,367 posts

welcome to worthy. ya know, in God's eyes, nobody is the better person. we're all as filthy as rags. without the blood covering of Jesus Christ, we wouldn't even be able to stand before Him. i hope that you and your mother will give that some serious thought! there is no morality apart from God.

PrairWarur

PrairWarur

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

A Worthy welcome to you!

Shalom, PrairWarur

Atwood

Atwood

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
Greetings and welcome

I found your post interesting as it seems to indicate that your relationship with your mother is important to you.

I don't know how I could judge who is the better or worse person. Only God knows hearts.

To be righteous comes by faith in the Lord Jesus, not by works, though works do provide a standard for judgment. But when you trust the Lord Jesus as Savior, His righteousness is put to your account; you are transformed from an Adamic sinner to a Child of God. I commend that you read Romans 5 to find out why a man is to be deemed a sinner or to be deemed righteous.

I append Romans 5 for your digestion:

"Being therefore justified by faith, let us have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ; through whom also we have had our access by faith into this grace wherein we stand; and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only so, but we also rejoice in our tribulations: knowing that tribulation works stedfastness; and stedfastness, approvedness; and approvedness, hope: and hope does not put to shame; because the love of God has been shed abroad in our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us. For while we were yet weak, in due season Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: for peradventure for the good man some one would even dare to die. But God commends his own love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through him. For if, while we were enemies, we were reconciled to God through the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life; and not only so, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation.

"Therefore, as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin; and so death passed unto all men, for that all sinned:—
for until the law sin was in the world; but sin is not imputed when there is no law. Nevertheless death reigned from Adam until Moses, even over them who had not sinned after the likeness of Adam’s transgression, who is a figure of him who was to come.

"But not as the trespass, so also is the free gift. For if by the trespass of the one [Adam] the many died, much more did the grace of God, and the gift by the grace of the one man, Jesus Christ, abound to the many. And not as through one [Adam] who sinned, so is the gift.
For the judgment came of one to condemnation, but the free gift came of many trespasses to justification. For if, by the trespass of the one [Adam], death reigned through the one [Adam]; much more shall they who receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one, even Jesus Christ. So then
as through one trespass the judgment came to all men to condemnation;
even so through one act of righteousness the free gift came to all men to justification [righteousness] of life.
For as through the one man’s disobedience the many were made sinners,
even so through the obedience of the one the many shall be made righteous.
And the law came in besides, that the trespass might abound;
but where sin abounded, grace did abound more exceedingly:
that, as sin reigned in death,
even so might grace reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Righteousness is a gift provided by the Lord Jesus to those who will receive that gift.

Edited by Atwood, 22 April 2014 - 12:35 AM.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network