1. Christian Discussions

1. Study Group

Join our online studies! Only those part of the ministry can start topics in this forum, although anyone may reply to any topic started!

Online forum for users to post their Bible studies.

1. General

All videos are will be reviewed before being published on WCF.

1. 46.6k

Live-blogging events, posting interesting Op-Eds and tidbits, that are relevant — but not necessarily something we can publish on Worthy News.

1. Worthy Devotions

...read our Bible based daily devotions from Israel.

• Actually ,everything I believe about the king of the north,Daniel wrote in chapter 11.   Jesus spoke of the abomination of desolation and the great tribulation in the Olivet discourse ,but Daniel had written about those things .   It might be hard for you to believe the king of the north would exalt himself above all as Daniel says but he will just as both Daniel and Paul had written about him. I still don't get where you believe the Pope can destroy the middle east at the time of the end He doesn't even have any weapons to destroy anything with. Daniel 11   40 And at the time of the end shall the king of the south push at him: and the king of the north shall come against him like a whirlwind, with chariots, and with horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall enter into the countries, and shall overflow and pass over. 41 He shall enter also into the glorious land, and many countries shall be overthrown: but these shall escape out of his hand, even Edom, and Moab, and the chief of the children of Ammon. 42 He shall stretch forth his hand also upon the countries: and the land of Egypt shall not escape. 43 But he shall have power over the treasures of gold and of silver, and over all the precious things of Egypt: and the Libyans and the Ethiopians shall be at his steps. 44 But tidings out of the east and out of the north shall trouble him: therefore he shall go forth with great fury to destroy, and utterly to make away many.   And you believe this man is the Pope? Come on,be real.  
    • Astronomy Calendar of Celestial Events 2024 - Sea and Sky (seasky.org)
    • I rescued all of my cats through the years from my little street.   Initially I was just feeding some strays but took in a tiny tortoiseshell/calico kitten in 1989 I think it was. Oh, my one cat Crystal...his elderly owner died.   I had been caring for Crystal in his owner's apartment when his owner was in the hospital.   After he died the apartment manager was going to toss Crystal out!   Of course, I took him in.
    • In our travels, we somehow stopped adopting dogs years ago. Before we met my Beloved Wife and I both owned / grew up with several dogs. Shadrach (black cocker) latched onto us one July day after having been separated from his owners. The poor fellow was terrified of fireworks and apparently ran away in fright. He was covered in ticks and the Vet thought he wouldn't survive but he did for several years. It wasn't until the last few years that he stopped checking out people as they drove up in cars (we assume looking for his former masters). He was such a good boy. Moving around a lot in those days made pet ownership near impossible (and why we spent so much time volunteering at animal shelters). A tabby male we named D.C. (a feral who we fed at the park along with the ducks and geese) won our hearts and became our first cat we adopted. He and Shad got along great, but D.C. liked to tease Shad at times. When Shad passed we became strictly cat owners for many years. Fostered many mama cats and litters. D.C. went out early one morning and never came back. We searched and searched the nearby canyon in San Diego but never found him. Coyotes, we suspect. Broken hearted we vowed never to take in another... until we found Shalom (a dark brown Persian who was quarantined at the Woodward Center and who looked as if she had given up all hope to live). ← her previous owners used her as a breeder and when she was no longer able to breed they at least dumped her at the no kill animal center... but that still sucked. Despite the rules not to touch quarantined animals new to the center, I couldn't help but open her tiny cage and scoop her up into my arms. She needed encouragement to live.  We loved her a moment and returned her to the cage and drove off, but a mile or two down the road we turned back knowing despite our previous resolve never to go through the heartbreak of losing another pet we adopted the little girl (at Halloween) ← which the Center did not allow for obvious reasons, but made an exception in our case because they knew us. Shalom, so aptly named (which we renamed her from a Spanish name for traveler Via Vallarte or something like that) was the sweetest most peaceful person you'd ever want to meet. I grew up in a large family of heatherns (lol) and for lack of furniture I guess I used to sit or lay on the floor to study the Bible or watch TV (head propped up on the foot of the sofa). Shalom would sit on my stomach as I watched TV or in the small of my back as I studied the Bible. She love aerosol whipped cream and often had a white beard when she ate it. She loved the empty boxes we used to transport groceries from Costco, sometimes a whole stack at a time, which I lovingly referred to as Shalomy's hobo neighborhood. And she loved when I'd push her around in a box lid on the floor like it was her Barbie's convertible car. Next came Indiana Jones and Miss Ginger Rogers who we adopted from a litter we found on the property we lived at the time. R2D2 and Indy would sit on shoulders (one on each side) as kittens when we took them to the Vet. R2 and their sister Leah we found homes for. Indy and Ginger we almost turned over to the no kill animal center we volunteered at (Shalom's loss after her health went south was harder on us than the losses of D.C. and Shad) but we could not give up Indy and Ginger after all. Indy was the little face peaking out through the bushes where their mother had them. My Beloved Wife saw him and he melted her heart. It was from there we rescued and fostered the litter. We credited and reminded Indy often that he was special for rescuing his family. It's only been a few years since they had to be put down (poor health... their mama who was a stray we fed where we lived at the time was in poor health and had to be put down just after we found the litter she abandoned). Long story. Sad. But painfully necessary. We believe in giving people and animals every chance to live... but there comes a point when keeping them alive is a living death sentence. We found three munchkin kittens in a flower bed where their mother abandoned them soaked to the bone from a water sprinkler. Poor things. They were sick and their eyes were swollen shut. My Beloved found them on a bike ride she used to do around the neighborhood. We came to feed them and I picked up one of them and held her to my tummy. We reluctantly put them back in a dry part of the yard and the one I picked up followed after me. Even though we lived in an apartment at the time and we had our quota of pets (Indy and Ginger) we fostered the little kittens. We nursed them back to health and they ran like a team of horses back and forth in that tiny apartment. Indy and Ginger did the same thing when they were kittens. When we were about to release the munchkins to the SPCA we had second thoughts and adopted them as the LORD opened doors for us to rent a house. This was during the financial crunch and I had just returned to my Government job after ventured out into the Limo business had gone bust... but on faith we moved into the house and the LORD provided for us the home we needed to house our small version of Noah's Ark. LOL After Indy and Ginger passed was when we adopted the first dog we've had in decades. A wire terrier whose previous owners had grown too old to care for her. Schatzi (German for sweetie) was so very well trained and the politest dog. She was in the SPCA for two years. I'm not in the habit of griping about others, but several of the workers there mistreated her and they gave her the reputation of being a mean dog that hates men and doesn't get along with most dogs and who bites. After we adopted her (and renamed her Chardonnay) we found she had bruised ribs (yiped a lot from fear and pain) and her paranoia of doors closing on her made us suspect they'd closed her stall door on her at least once. Couldn't do anything about it after the fact, but God help those I catch abusing an animal!!! The SPCA admin waived all fees (wanting to get rid of Chardonnay) when we finally decided to adopt her. We tried finding her a home but failed. Took out ads in the newspaper and everything. But this little girl who they swore hated men jumped up in my lap and covered me with kisses from day one. She got along with our kitties since day one and often touches noses with them. But we since found that she doesn't trust other people or other dogs. We assume from the mistreatment  at the SPCA. Our niece got nipped when she tried to pet Chardonnay so we are very cautious about others who want to pet her. She's very pack exclusive. Then came Dakota. A large off white lab / pitbull mix who looks like Superboy's dog Krypto. We tried and tried to get her adopted. I even photoshopped her as Krypto with a cape and with a wonder woman crown on her head. She was a year and a half old and spent her entire life at the SPCA (often in a cage that was cramped and too small for her to even sit up straight.  I know... We gave in and adopted her as well. Chardonnay and she had minor issues but once the pecking order was established they got along fine ever since. Dakota loves our kitties and with the most recent adopted one (Mia, who is blind but gets around so well we often forget she can't see) will stand up on her hinds and hug Dakota's snout when she gently pokes her with it. We have to get it on video! Adorable. Mia appeared on a web page my Beloved spotted one day and fell in love with her and said we had to adopt her. I responded that we just couldn't. The ark is full. My Beloved nodded (respecting my decision, acknowledging the logic of the situation) but her expression was that of heartbreak which broke my heart and we adopted Mia. She was born with eyes that were too small and were surgically removed. The SPCA switched her from cage to cage since the other cats all picked on her and ate her food. Backed into a corner and eating from the litter box, she had it rough. She lashed out often, not knowing where the next assault from cats was coming. We brought her home and the cats we already had were not too happy. Often I stepped in to break up disputes scooping Mia up and assuring her "it's okay." I guess that's how we bonded. She's my little shadow and bunk mate now. She's been on regular cat food for years now, but when we first brought her home she'd eat pretty much whatever I ate often sharing my TV tray (meat, green beans, etc). When it's meaty enough, she will still let me know she's interested in what I'm eating, but I discourage this now since cat food is better for her. I will slip her a piece of chicken of fish every now and then. My Beloved Bride is the one who loves animals the most. She inspires me and awakened in me this love for God's creatures from the indifference I once had. And she got that from her mother who was the sweetest person I ever met in my life. Sorry I got so carried away and wrote this long post.  
  • Who's Online

95 Guests
  • Popular Contributors

• Tell a friend

Love Worthy Christian Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Christian Blogs

• Blog Entries

• Birthdays

1. alisonm328
      alisonm328
      35 years old
    2. eben4christ
      eben4christ
      39 years old
    3. Fedah
      Fedah
      59 years old