christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

weirdest baby name, sorry andy lol

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

ayin jade

ayin jade

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,039 posts

http://www.abc15.com...-baby-name-ever

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,896 posts

I think it is a kindful act to name your child something that people will not harrass them with.That child has to live with that name the rest of their life. :unsure:

nebula

nebula

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56,992 posts

I completely agree Bo.

Unique is cool - but let not the uniqueness be corny or difficult for the general population to pronounce.

ayin jade

ayin jade

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,039 posts

My real name is not too unique but it is uncommon. I am a shy person and that name was horrible for me to live with, especially with a rare and bizarre last name. I would never give any child something too out there for a name. 

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,896 posts

"A Boy Named Sue" Johnny Cash..

LadyC

LadyC

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,978 posts

great song by the man in black, bopeep!

i've driven past zzyzx many times going from vegas to california. there's also a street in vegas by that name, in the ritzy west side of town. it took me nearly ten years to figure out how to pronounce it, then i read this thread and discover i was still saying it wrong! arrrrrgh!

weird name for a kid though. but then, it seems like the older i get, the more weird names i hear.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,896 posts

I always tried to name my kids the names I thought they would love.They all like their names.I am happy for that.

Willa

Willa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,406 posts
I had one neighbor named Zella and another named Ngaire. It took me 5 years to remember the latter.

1x1is1

1x1is1

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

great song by the man in black, bopeep!

i've driven past zzyzx many times going from vegas to california. there's also a street in vegas by that name, in the ritzy west side of town. it took me nearly ten years to figure out how to pronounce it, then i read this thread and discover i was still saying it wrong! arrrrrgh!

weird name for a kid though. but then, it seems like the older i get, the more weird names i hear.

Yes LadyC, that road is just an overpass with an on and off ramp on both sides.  If you ever decide to stop there, do not get out of your car, it is used by truckers for a brief 2 minute stop (if you know what I mean).  :clap:

LadyC

LadyC

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,978 posts

LOL, good to know! 

LadyC

LadyC

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,978 posts

I had one neighbor named Zella and another named Ngaire. It took me 5 years to remember the latter.

would have taken me that long to figure out how to pronounce it...

coheir

coheir

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

I searched to find how that could be as I've never heard Y sound like A

I could not find one instance where Y has a sound of A. I thought is may 

be a Spanish sound ; it does not appear to be. could this have just been

made up use or sound of Y being A. In every case the Y is either I sound

or E sound that I found.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,012 posts

when you are picking names, I think you can sort of do whatever you want.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,896 posts

when you are picking names, I think you can sort of do whatever you want.

Yes,but you need to think of the child and that they are the one who has to live with that name.

coffeespiller87

coffeespiller87

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

that actually sounds really cool. I like that name.  i dont know anyone with that name never heard of it before in fact. Thanks jade for sharing.

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,512 posts

Blessings Jade

Why would anyone want to name their child"last place on earth?"....These kids names are beginning to look & sound like text messages,by the time they are an adult they may be common....like the years of the Marys & Anns,then came the Kathys,the Heathers,Ashleys & Haileys??????Names seem to go in trends......................

With love-Kwik

enoob57

enoob57

Royal Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,310 posts
hatmadpeabrain.jpgand Ya'll thought I was deranged :24:

Qnts2

Qnts2

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Ok, I have to add two people I knew in college.

Shandra Leir

Penny Candy (I know with inflation there is no longer candy which only costs a penny, but her name was quite unique back when there actually was penny candy)  

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network