christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Important questions about faith,doubts and healing

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

otto

otto
  • 2 posts

Hello everyone,

I am very despaired. I have been a christian for over 10 years now. All this time I have been struggling with fears and doubts.

I struggle with questions and thoughts which usually noone else understands. I emailed with ministries, phoned with pastors. Nobody could help me.

I have anxiety and ocd. Ever since I suffered from fears and thought what if i lose my faith or what if I dont even have real faith. I suffered from this stuff

for years and years.

My only hope was that if I could only get a "breakthrough" and really experience God and hear him or feel him then my struggles with doubts would be over.

But I was never able to. I dont know why. I really wanted it. I used to just talk to God every day and tried to seek him but when nothing ever happened I became

so discouraged and frustrated. I also went to ministers for prayer I thought whatever is wrong with me maybe they can help me but they couldnt.

Over the years I more and more gave up on seeking God simply because I did not know how!

I also stopped reading in the bible pretty much cause it only discouraged me. I only got afraid when I read scary passages in the bible or I also got so many questions.

I struggle with so many questions about everything and simply cannot decide what to believe, like for example healing and stuff like that. I simply cannot decide what is

right. Some say God wants to heal others say he doesn't. And I am so unsure and dont know what is right! This is terrible.

For years my health has gotten worse. I found out I have many major things wrong with me. This made me fall into a deep depression. I then tried to generate faith for

healing. I listened to hundreds of teachings from Wommack and others about faith and healing but none of this helped me!

These faith teachings only talk about how you must believe and must not doubt or you wont get healed. But this only makes it worse! Then I feel even more hopeless.

How shall I get healed when I struggle with doubts and fears already!?

I feel like this is impossible. My faith has been totally damaged by these teachings. They only put more pressure on me.

I feel so alienated from God. How can I have faith when I feel like it all depends on me and if I dont have the faith then God's not going to do anything?

This is a terrible thought.

I also dont understand why was I never able to experience God even though I wanted to? Why? I have no clue.

Was it because I dont deserve it or because I never had enough faith or because I never searched enough?

I dont know what to do anymore. I cant even talk to God anymore. I want to and I dont know what to say anymore. I cant even express my suffering anymore.

I feel so absolutely hopeless. I have all these questions and no answers. I cannot make sense of it.

And out there are so many different teachers and teachings and I also dont know who's right and who I could learn from.

I was told things like I need a revelation about God. But how shall I get it? Advice like this dont help me at all. I have not been able to reach anything in over

10 years and now my situation has become so serious and I have become so despaired that I dont even have the strength anymore to deal with this mental torment

which I have been through for years. I have listened to so many teachings which only caused more suffering and desparation. I cant even stand to listen to them anymore

now because they make me feel so hopeless. I simply have no answers left.

The faith teachings dont help me cause they make me feel more hopeless cause of my doubts.

And the orthodox christian teachings usually say that God doesnt heal anymore or at least only rarely which also offers no hope for me.

I have christian friends who also cannot offer any comfort or hope to me. When I talk to them it's as if God plays no role and probably wont do anything and I'm on my own.

What also totally hurts is that I came across a few messages from a pastor who talks about depression and doubts and I thought maybe he can help me.

I emailed the ministry 3 times asking them for help and if it's possible to call the pastor. Nobody replied. This hurts. From the mp3s it sounded like he was okay and cared

but then how can it be that they simply dont even reply to someone asking for help?

When stuff like that happens I automatically think what if God is the same way or what if the fact that the pastor didn't help means that God has also given up on me? :(

Edited by otto, 24 April 2014 - 06:15 PM.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,500 posts

Goodness you've been through a lot.

First of all not everyone gets healed of problems.... Paul had problems and asked God over and over to heal him and God said no.....   It really wasn't in Paul's best interest to be healed for some reason....    We don't know why.

My Wife has MS and he won't heal her and when I got ugly with him about why he told me it was none of my business....

As for depression might I ask how much you sleep every day?

As to learning, I'd suggest you get a 1972 NASB bible and throw everything you have ever been taught in the trash and set down and read the Bible completely yourself.   Start with the Book of John for it explains who Jesus is, then read the new testament starting with Matthew.....then the old testament.......   Do not read Revelation until you have read the old testament completely......   you won't understand it and it will probably scare the daylights out of you.

Every time you start to read the Bible ask Jesus to send the Holy Spirit to you and show you what the Bible is telling you....   It's important to do this every time you read........    and sleep at least 7 hours a day.....   if you can't see a doctor.   Lack of sleep causes a form of depression that really messes up your thinking process.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,500 posts

.....  and don't watch television religion shows until you've read the Bible yourself....  that way you will have a much better idea of what's right and what's used to fleece you of your hard earned money.

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,675 posts

How shall I get healed when I struggle with doubts and fears already!?

I feel like this is impossible. My faith has been totally damaged by these teachings. They only put more pressure on me.

I feel so alienated from God. How can I have faith when I feel like it all depends on me and if I dont have the faith then God's not going to do anything?

This is a terrible thought.

If your car is damaged, do you take it to a mechanic or wait for God to perform a miracle and heal your car?

If the plumbing in your house bursts, do you wait for God to plug the leak, or do you call a plumber?

God is just as capable of repairing a car or fixing the plumbing as He is of healing our bodies.

The fact that God can and does perform miracles of healing does not mean we should always expect a miracle instead of seeking the help of individuals who possess the knowledge and skill to assist us.

While we seek  God's help in healing , 

we must have a clear understanding of this,

Isa 55:8  For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor your ways My ways, says Jehovah. 

Isa 55:9  For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts. 

Take me for instance, the fact that I am terminally ill , there is no way back, I was given dates , a month , six months ,a year.

I have Parkinson’s and have had it now for about fifteen years.

It is caused by the progressive loss of brain cells (neurones) in a part of the brain called the substantia nigra, which produces the chemical dopamine.

As the cells die, less dopamine is produced and transported to the striatum, the area of the brain that co-ordinates movement.

There is currently no cure for Parkinson’s disease though a medication called levodopa has proved effective in relieving some symptoms.

During the last year or so I have encountered a series of problems.

To start with my medication was not working well and even if we changed the regime many times,

nothing helped and their effect was no longer working well for me.

I also had more and more difficulty in swallowing food or liquids,

then we discovered that the saliva gland on the left hand side of my mouth had decided to give up working and had died.

The whole situation brought up the fact that it was very likely that I would need to be artificially fed.

I had always known that towards the last period of my life that this was a possibility and now the time had come to make a decision.

Back in the beginning of September I was admitted into hospital and a central catheter was inserted into me allowing it to be plugged into what is called a (TPN) infusion pump, (Total Parenteral Nutrition).

This gives you artificial substances that replace normal food.

Plans were made for a nurse who is called Carol to come twice a day to hook me up and un hook me.

Things appeared to be going well but towards the end of October they discovered that there was an infection in the central catheter and it needed to be replaced.  So, off I go back into to hospital.

This is not an easy task to have done, although infections can happen.

Unfortunately given my deterioration it only weakened me further.

During my stay in hospital we had a talk with all the team who were looking after me, my neurologist etc.

I had reached the point where some decisions had to be made.

Should I stay in hospital, be moved to a hospice or allowed to return home?

The truth is I had to decide where I was going to spend what time I had left; I was now terminally ill. 

The outlook was a few weeks, a few months, to a year.

I decided that I wished to go home and pass away in my home.

I also did not wish to be in a hospital that could perhaps not respect my wishes when it came to life support,

as I had opted never to have that done.

A palliative care plan was put into place.

I am in my home, surrounded by friends on the foundation, helped by care workers and Carol.

Still giving them all a headache and not obeying the rules, still chatting and on the boards.

I have had a good life, many blessings and I still do have a quality of life.

When HE calls me home I am ready.  :)

My faith has never been so strong , so please don't let anyone tell you that you are not healed because you lack faith. 

I have been blessed with time, time to prepare and sort out the more mundane things that one needs to do.

Never be sad for me when the time comes.  

We have to be realistic because that time will come; not immediately because I still have something’s to do.   

When it does, try and remember Nigel as someone that said no tears, rejoice and be happy.    :)

I have been blessed all my life, I have trusted in HIM and HE has never let me down.

You know our full physical healing awaits us in heaven.

In heaven, there will be no more pain, sickness, disease, suffering, or death.

We all need to be less preoccupied with our physical condition in this world and a lot more concerned with our spiritual condition..

IN doing this we can focus our hearts on heaven where we will no longer have to deal with physical problems. 

There is a true healing we should all be longing for:

Rev 21:4  

And God will wipe away all tears from their eyes. And there will be no more death, nor mourning, nor crying out, nor will there be any more pain; for the first things passed away. 

We may never understand the reasons for our particular trials this side of eternity, but one thing is clear – for those who love God, trials work for them, not against them

Rom 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. 

God will give us the strength to endure any trial.

Php 4:13  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. 

May God Bless you , (please feel free to contact me in pm any time you need to speak with some one.) 

Love Nigel. 

alien224

alien224

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts
Welcome

Love is alive

Love is alive

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Welcome to worthy ! We have alot of kind, caring and knowledgable people here who love God with all their hearts. I would say to you about the doubts that you have, every Christian in the world has at some point had doubts. Wheather it was before they became a christian or after they became christians but we have all at some time or another had doubts. There are lot of false teachings out there though, the enemy wants to destroy us and one way to do that is to that is to have wolves in sheeps clothing teaching falsely. The one way you can know for sure if you are being taught truthfully or not is to look up the scriptures when you are listening to someone teach or preach. If they are teaching according to the word of God, the Bible will show that. Personally, I read the King James version of the Bible. I know that it is hard for some people to understand that version, so maybe you could try the new king james version. It speaks in more modern day terms or the New International version, It also speaks in more modern day terms. I do however know this, that God often times allows us to hit rock bottom so that we realize that we cannot do anything without Him. It is then that we fall on our knees and reach up to God. John 3:16,17 says that God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, so that whosoever believeth in him shall not perish but have everlasting life. 17 says for God sent not his son into the world to condemn the world but so that the world through him might be saved. God never said that it would be easy, he did however say that he would never leave us. He does not give up on any of us, some of us walk away from him. Proverbs 3:5-6 says Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understandin; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.

You have to be willing to surrender all the areas of your life to Him, if you are still trying to do things on your own, then there are areas of your life that you have not fully surrendered to him. If you want to have a closer relationship with the Lord, get up early every morning and spend time in the word reading the Bible, or in bible study. Pray many times during the day, and put the Lord first in everything you do. Pray before you make decisions and ask the Lord to help you. But the most important thing I can say to you is that the enemy thrives on trying to make us doubt God and ourselves. The enemy will constantly remind you of things that you have done in the past, to try to get you to think you are not good enough and that God has forsaken you or does not care about you. That is simply not true!! When the enemy reminds you of your past, remind him of his future. When you get negative thoughts in your head pray right then and there and ask God to take them out of your mind, ask him to replace them with loving thoughts of our Lord Jesus. And when you ask for the truth about things God will show you the truth, but you have to be willing to accept the truth that he shows you. Pray before you read the Bible and ask God for understanding, wisdom and truth. Ask him to give you joy and peace in your heart. He is faithful to give us what we need, sometimes we think we need something that is not in our best interest and we don't get it because it is not what we truly need. God knows what we need, he is all knowing, all powerful, he knows what we need before we do.

As for why some people are healed and some are not, no one knows the answer to that except God.

I will be praying for you, I hope and pray that God gives you what you need to be at peace and to know Him in a personal relationship. God bless!!

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,609 posts

There is absolutely nothing more I can add, so please accept my Welcome.  God Bless!

gamnot

gamnot

• PipPip
  • 111 posts

I pray that you will find some solace here on worthy. There are some fine Christians here that you can communicate with. Be patient for the answer will come at the right time; the time of God's choosing.

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,085 posts

Blessings  Otto

A warm & loving embrace is what I have to offer(in spirit & from my heart)....Welcome to Worthy   Glory to God,no Otto....He has not given up on you...If fact ,it is only the beginning of the breakthrough you have long awaited,,,,,,Our Loving Father has lead you here to His little flock because He loves you & wants to fill the desires of your heart,,,,,The Word of God tells us that if we want to find Him we can follow the footsteps of His Flock & they will lead to the Shepherds tent,    We are here for you ,Otto & we are headed to His tent,welcome to the Family,Gods Family,my Brother......You found people who really care & Christ in us loves you soooo much.

You have read our Brother Nigels letter to you,that is Gods Timeless Truth told by His living testimony....because He loves you.If Nigel can hang on so can you.You have read other ones letter to you ,,,,,he & his wife are holding on,so can you      And now briefly ,I will testify for you......

Nearly three years ago I was diagnosed with Stage 4 incurable colorrectal cancer,no hope given ....the pain is tremendous,the doctors only hope was for any type of remission & to make me comfortable(I am going to make a long story short but you can ALWAYS PM me to talk more)I went through months & months of chemo/radiation & the tumor did not shrink & the cancer spread to my tail bone & then there were spots on the liver............Pet scan,after pet scan showed little hope...but you see,from the time I was diagnosed the Lord layed it on my heart that He would use me to testify that He is the same miracle working God that He was from the beginning,He is a never changing God from Everlasting to Everlasting..................well,one day,just last year I had a pet scan that showed the tumor was not there,the cancer was gone....Praise the Lord!Sounds good,right?Of course the good thing is that i am in remission & no trace of cancer is evident-to God be the Glory! The bad thing is that the chemo & radiation has done such extensive damage to my body that I have more debilitating symptoms than when I started out & the pain is great.......Why did God cure my disease & not heal me completely?I ,like you,have heard people tell me that I am doing something to block Gods complete healing,even that I must not have enough faith !!!!!! Hogwash!

Otto,our Loving Abba has spared my life (perhaps for this very day)in the Name of Jesus to say 'look,He has healed me!"I know why I have remnants of pain,it is just like the Apostle Paul ....when God said,"My Grace is Sufficient" I am alive,when all odds were against me but God is for me..........I am simply reminded by these issues of the great Miracle He did for me.................If I had no trace of pain I may forget what He did to sustain my very life................4 doctors will testify that I am a walking,breathing ,living Miracle of God.....so whats a little pain?    I am here to give God Glory!There are good days & bad days but he never leaves my side,I have His Joy,Peace,Strength,Provision,Love & Hope in Christ........its much more than me,it's about keeping my eye on the prize,like Nigel says...............has God forgotten us?No,we have His promise of everlasting life,a life fee from pain,sorrow,no more tears & we will stand with Him in his Glorious Presence........FOREVER!!!!!

Otto,it is not about"What can God do for me" is about what He has done already.........He went to that cross & took our place,forgave our sins,conquered death & hell,reconciled us to our Father.....because He rose we will too! Can God heal you?Yes,He can....why doesn't He?I do not have that answer but I can tell you it has nothing to do with anything you are or are not doing................& you have to trust Him,He is right there beside you.............................We walk by Faith,not by sight...........you can't give up Otto,He did't(for you) Jesus could have come down from that cross in an instant,it was not the nails holding Him there,it was His love for you............He did not say"I have had enough of this pain & suffering And I can't hear my Father,I am coming down now".................No,He said"Father,why have you forsaken me?'  And then He said"it is finished"

Now we have to finish,run the good race....keep our eye on the prize and "know what we know' & tell others,so they too will be Saved

I hope I have encouraged you to hold fast & to trust the Lord.........do as other one suggests & read the pre72 NSAB or a NKJV,turn off the TV,begin in the Book of John ,then Matthew & so on.......& I would not read Revelation until you have read the OT also   .....& stay here with us,your Brothers & Sisters so we can point you to Jesus(our Head) in all we say.....................Today,right here on this thread....is the start of your "breakthrough",we are here as we have been instructed in the Scriptures.............to encourage & extol one another,to speak to each other in songs,in psalms & spiritual hymns.............we will speak of God,the things of God & heavenly things.................in Jesus Name!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,989 posts

Welcome~!

~

Praying~!

P_W

P_W

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

A Worthy welcome to you!  I will be praying.

Peace to you and G-d bless you much,

PrairWarur

19Duggarfan

19Duggarfan

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Hello Otto and welcome to Worthy.  Nigel has given a great account of true faith, and all of us here at Worthy, will be happy for him when he goes to see Christ; but we all will be full of tears for ourselves as we lose a great soldier of Jesus Christ, who has encourage many if not all of us here at Worthy.

As for having to have some great amount of Faith; that seems to me to be one of the biggest lies of the devil.  What is worse most if not all of us Christians seem to fall for it (I know that I have to often), for Jesus said:

And the Lord said, If ye had faith as the grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you.

Luke 17:6

When describing the faith we needed Jesus likened it to something as small as the grain of mustard seed.   I mean really think about that Jesus as God in the Flesh knew that we humans would look at our weaknesses and than start to question things, so He tells us we just need a small amount of faith, not faith the size of the Pacific Ocean, but faith the size of the grain of the mustard seed.  It is not our faith that is some magic formula to help us, but the One we have faith in GOD, that delights in doing nothing but good for us.

But sometimes even having that little faith seems impossible that is when we should cry out just like the father with a son who had a demonic spirit:

23)  Jesus said unto him, if thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.

24)  And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

Mark 9:23-24

Be willing to tell God you believe Him, while in pray, and ask Him to help your unbelief.   But Otto the Bible is filled with examples of having to wait on God, Isaiah 40:31;         Psalms 104:27; which could also be said to be Still, Psalms 46:10.  These times of waiting are seldom pleasant but we are promised that God will exalt us in due time that is His Time, I Peter 5:5.

Think of Abraham and the promise of a son that was given to him, it was not overnight.  When Abram name was changed to Abraham it was a way of saying he was a father of many, but for the longest time he had no direct son thru Sarah, can you imagine how he was mocked by others, but he keep his faith in God, and yes he was very weak in faith many times but read Romans chapter 4 to see how even thru these times of weak faith, Abraham is given by Paul as a great example of Faith.

I

Chris.

Chris.
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Your not alone otto I think we all wish for miracle instant cures and personal revelation of God to us.  I wish God would heal me of some really annoying things too and I wish it was right now.  Faith healing does happen and work.  I can testify to that  as person it has worked for in a miraculous way.  It worked for me once when I really needed it and after an honest prayer with God about how much I thought my situation was unfair i was in.  supernatural revelation of God will strengthen your faith and it sounds like it is what you need.  Seek it and you will find what you are looking for.

Edited by Chris., 26 April 2014 - 06:13 AM.

evan escent

evan escent
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Otto,

I am also new here and I want to say welcome.  If I may add a little and I also say these things for myself is that we as Christians really need to rely on God Himself.  We can trust Him!  Since I turned my eyes to our loving Heavenly Father (and off of mere men) I realized there is absolutely perfect acceptance through our Lord Jesus Christ.  He is our all.  He is our provider in all things, emotionally, physically and spiritually.

7 Casting the [a]whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, [b]once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you [c]watchfully. 1 Peter 5:7 AMP

3 Praised (honored, blessed) be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah)! By His boundless mercy we have been born again to an ever-living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

4 [Born anew] into an inheritance which is beyond the reach of change and decay [imperishable], unsullied and unfading, reserved in heaven for you,

5 Who are being guarded (garrisoned) by God’s power through [your] faith [till you fully inherit that [c]final] salvation that is ready to be revealed [for you] in the last time. 1 Peter 1:3-5 AMP

1 I will exalt you, my God the King;
I will praise your name for ever and ever.
2 Every day I will praise you
and extol your name for ever and ever.

3 Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise;
his greatness no one can fathom.
4 One generation commends your works to another;
they tell of your mighty acts.
5 They speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty—
and I will meditate on your wonderful works.[b]
6 They tell of the power of your awesome works—
and I will proclaim your great deeds.
7 They celebrate your abundant goodness
and joyfully sing of your righteousness.

8 The Lord is gracious and compassionate,
slow to anger and rich in love.

9 The Lord is good to all;
he has compassion on all he has made.
10 All your works praise you, Lord;
your faithful people extol you.
11 They tell of the glory of your kingdom
and speak of your might,
12 so that all people may know of your mighty acts
and the glorious splendor of your kingdom.
13 Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom,
and your dominion endures through all generations.

The Lord is trustworthy in all he promises
and faithful in all he does.[c]
14 The Lord upholds all who fall
and lifts up all who are bowed down.
15 The eyes of all look to you,
and you give them their food at the proper time.
16 You open your hand
and satisfy the desires of every living thing.

17 The Lord is righteous in all his ways
and faithful in all he does.
18 The Lord is near to all who call on him,
to all who call on him in truth.
19 He fulfills the desires of those who fear him;
he hears their cry and saves them.
20 The Lord watches over all who love him,
but all the wicked he will destroy.

21 My mouth will speak in praise of the Lord.
Let every creature praise his holy name
for ever and ever. Psalms 145 NIV

Willamina

Willamina

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,200 posts
Blessings! You are most welcome here.
Don't dispair. God is on your side. He said "be still and know I am God". He is right beside you and has been there all the time. Just quiet yourself.
1 Cor. 1:22 NKJV. For Jews request a sign and Greeks seek after wisdom; but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block and to the Greeks foolishness.

Jesus loves you and died for your sins. If you have renounced your sinfulness and turned to Christ for salvation you ARE a christian, born again of the Spirit, and you your future is in heaven. You don't need more faith. You can't try to work up faith.
You are trying in your own strength instead of JUST SINKING INTO THE ARMS OF GOD. Pray as Jesus did, not My will but Thine be done. Just give the whole mess over to God to do with as He wills. And REST IN HIM. He cares for you and loves you more than you can ever imagine. He cares about every hair on your head! So give up, surrender, let go and let God.
The enemy has been working overtime to fill you with accusations, lies, doubt and fear. You don't have to listen to things that are not from God. He brings only peace and healing to your soul. Even His conviction of sin brings healing and peace when you agree with God and repent.

Matt: 11:28-29 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden and I will give your rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

Blessings,
Willa

Willamina

Willamina

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,200 posts
[quote name="ncn" post="2099138" timestamp="1398387045"]  [/size]The outlook was a few weeks, a few months, to a year.
 I decided that I wished to go home and pass away in my home.
When HE calls me home I am ready.  :)
Never be sad for me when the time comes.  
you know our full physical healing awaits us in heaven.
In heaven, there will be no more pain, sickness, disease, suffering, or death.

NCN, though through tears for ourselves because we will miss you for a time, we are excited and rejoice with you about your upcoming promotion. Plan to meet you there someday and introduce you to family.
Love,
Willa
Phil. 1:21 For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,695 posts
There is nothing that I can add to what has been said but welcome to Worthy, read and take to heart what so many have told you. Fear not for your salvation if you have asked Jesus into your heart nothing but nothing can snatch you from the Saviour's hand! Be at peace.

otto

otto
  • 2 posts

Hello,

thank your for your replies.

I'm sorry that other people here are sick, too. Reading about this also drags me down.

To me it makes no sense.

What I basically draw from the answers here and also from answers which I got from other christians is basically

that when you're sick you're on your own. One day you die and then everything is fine but when you're sick and despaired

and don't know how to go on and even think about suicide then you're basically on your own. Just hang on...

What sense does this make? It makes no sense at all. What earthly father would act like that? If i could heal I'd heal sick people

and God is probably even more caring than a human right? Then why shouldnt God want to heal sick people?

Something's wrong here.

Stuff like God doesnt always heal offers no hope at all. Then it's as if God doesnt even exist it makes no difference.

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,085 posts

Blessings Otto,,,,

It doesn't make any sense ,Otto & it sure does feel like we are on our own at times,just left alone to be sick and to despair but we are not alone.....Take today for example,I couldn't think of a more pleasant thought than to leave this earth & be with my Heavenly Father,I just don't know who to turn to (human) for comfort & I am certainly not myself,,,,,,,,the pressures that life is dealing me are just unbearable,I feel like my head is going to explode..................& yet somehow the Lord leads me here to see that there are other people in the same position as I am,does it mean one has more or less faith ?No,it means this is life,we life in a corruptible world,in corruptible bodies & God never promised us a rose garden................we started out in the rose garden (so to speak) & messed that up ......

Here's the thing ,God did not have to provide a way back to Him for us,but He did........I don't think it is that God does not want to heal sick people ,I think He sees the big picture where we cannot,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,our life here is so temporal but to us it just seems an eternity of suffering,disappointments,lonliness,hardship

Today is not a good day for me to try to encourage anyone though that is my only intention,it is just not coming out right.....isn't it good to know He gave us to one another to love?I wish I could bring you some joy

With love-in Christ,Kwik

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,500 posts

Hello,

thank your for your replies.

I'm sorry that other people here are sick, too. Reading about this also drags me down.

To me it makes no sense.

What I basically draw from the answers here and also from answers which I got from other christians is basically

that when you're sick you're on your own. One day you die and then everything is fine but when you're sick and despaired

and don't know how to go on and even think about suicide then you're basically on your own. Just hang on...

What sense does this make? It makes no sense at all. What earthly father would act like that? If i could heal I'd heal sick people

and God is probably even more caring than a human right? Then why shouldnt God want to heal sick people?

Something's wrong here.

Stuff like God doesnt always heal offers no hope at all. Then it's as if God doesnt even exist it makes no difference.

We really don't know what God has in store for us when we will be with Jesus.....    we really don't know or understand what things we might need to experience.   It's hard to know what we may be learning spiritually from going through being sick.    I don't think we are ever alone.

My grandmother told me many many years ago that I should not pray for her to be healed of her cancer......   but to pray for God to give her the strength to get through it.  My grandmother was a wise old lady.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network