christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Need Help - Just read book Would God Call Gays Sinners

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

chatterbox11

chatterbox11
  • 1 posts

I am new on here.  I joined because I need help sorting some things out.

I just read the book Would God Call Gays Sinners.  Its available through Amazon if you search for the title. 

I thought i knew what the Bible said about Gays.  I grew up in a conservative church.

Now after reading this book, I'm having a crisis of faith and don't know what to believe anymore.

The authors makes out like everything we thought we knew Paul to say was a mistranslation and that he doesn't have a problem with gay people.

Either that, or I'm reading it wrong.  Still a little confused by his arguments and would love some help.

Please...please...please...if you have read this book too, respond.

Or if you have time to go read it and get back with me, that would be great too.

Thanks

Edited by OneLight, 30 April 2014 - 05:20 AM.

LadyC

LadyC

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,615 posts

homosexual acts are an abomination to God. to engage in homosexual acts is definitely a sin. (although we're ALL sinners, heterosexual and homosexual...)

the world is trying to water down the truth... or in this case, flat out change it. that's what the world does. it's nothing new. people who advocate homosexuality have been trying to convince society that God is all about love no matter what form it takes, no matter how perverse it becomes. but just remember this. it doesn't matter how many billions of times someone days a duck ain't a duck, it still quacks.

Logan

Logan

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Hi, welcome to worthy. I have not read the book nor do I plan to do so. I think though if you are looking for answers to what God says you should look in the bible not things of the world.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,678 posts

Welcome~!

1x1is1

1x1is1

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

chatterbox11......welcome to Worthy.  You made the right choice coming in here.  You are living proof of what searching for answers outside the Bible can do.  By your own words, you are confused and don't know what to believe anymore.  Come back to the Bible and the Holy Spirit will give you wisdom on this subject.

BeauJangles

BeauJangles

• PipPip
  • 200 posts

Welcome to Worthy, chatterbox. LOL I gotta admit, you've got a great nick! Anyway, what confusion concerning the Way, the Truth and the Life, can be made perfectly clear, if you'll just give us a chance. No one is hasty to cast the first stone... None of us qualify. Sin is sin and we've all came to Christ, to be cleansed from all sin - no matter what it is! Our Saviour's shed blood on the cross, provides atonement for each unholy act, thought, or deed... Big or small. From the teachings of Mosaic Law, to the present Age, all lust is sin in the eyes of the Lord. Matrimony in the sight of God is holy, and the union of intimacy, is sacred. Read the Song of Solomon, it's in there... That's what you should be reading and not this trash! Never the less, you are welcome. Just keep it clean, decent and in order. Also read the: ToS at towards the upper right, across Worthy Christian Forums and Worthy Welcome mentioned twice. It's not just a bunch of rules and regulations...do's and don't's. Consider it more like understandings and agreements. Membership is free and easy. Just like the salvation of our Messiah, God.

In Him,

David/BeauJangles 

(KJV) Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

giggling appy

giggling appy

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Welcome to worthy,

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,346 posts

I just read the book Would God Call Gays Sinners.  Its available through Amazon if you search for the title. 

I thought i knew what the Bible said about Gays.  I grew up in a conservative church.

Now after reading this book, I'm having a crisis of faith and don't know what to believe anymore.

The authors makes out like everything we thought we knew Paul to say was a mistranslation and that he doesn't have a problem with gay people.

Either that, or I'm reading it wrong.  Still a little confused by his arguments and would love some help.

Or if you have time to go read it and get back with me, that would be great too.

Thanks

Welcome.

If you stick with scripture, you would have His truth.  Satan twisted the word of God and look what happened to Adam and Eve.  Why listen to serpents?

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,618 posts
Man can say anything he wants or interpret the Word ofGod to his benefit but what really matters is God's Word and in the Bible homosexuality is an abomination!
Welcome to Worthy, I he you stay and enjoy the fellowship!

P_W

P_W

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

A Worthy welcome to you!

I will be praying,

Peace, PrairWarur

19Duggarfan

19Duggarfan

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Hello Chatterbox, and welcome to Worthy.  Never have read the Book, but really wonder how Romans 1:26-27 could have been misinterpreted.  And one of the chief sins of Sodom and Gomorrah is now name after Sodom.

IMO this is just a sign of the times that we are in, I Timothy 4:1-4; II Timothy 3:1-4.

19Duggarfan

19Duggarfan

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Chatterbox, I just check out a video by a group calling themselves nalt (not all like that).  They state that Paul did not mean to condemn homosexuality, but ignored what he wrote, for they stated he was only talking about cases of rape or men with boys.

26)  For this cause God gave them up to vile affections.  For even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature;

27)  And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one towards another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet.

Romans 1:26-27

In this passage Paul is speaking of adults working with adults that which is unseemly.  No mention of rape or children. 

As for the Christian having a hatred for homosexuality more than any other sin will Paul commanded a man be killed for committing incents, see I Corinthians 5:1-5, but he also after the man repented and was inflicted of the Church told them to forgive him.  II Corinthians 2:5-11.

9)   Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God?  Be not deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10)  Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

I Corinthians 6:9-11

The video I saw by nalt, try to say that liers where mention in these vile sins.  But all these sins are great again God, not only because He abhors them but because a man or woman practicing adultery is causing harm to his/her own family.  Just as these other sins also hurt those close to us.

2)  For men will be lovers, of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3)  Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

II Timothy 3:2-3

Without  natural affection does cover homosexuality, but also includes other gross sins again God.  Sins which fallen angels in the time Enoch revealed to mankind.

The most troubling of all this video I saw was two false teachers stating that Jesus broke one of the ten commandments.  For they stated Christ broke the Sabbath.  But Jesus tell us He is Lord of Sabbath, Matthew 12:8; Mark 2:28; Luke 6:5.  When Jesus stated that He was Lord of the Sabbath He was telling us we find our True Rest in HIs Finished work.

28)  Come unto Me all ye that labour, and are heavy laden, and I will give you REST.

29)  Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me, for I Am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find REST unto your souls.

30)  For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light.

Matthew 11:28-30

9)   There remaineth therefore a REST to the people of God.

10)  For he that is entered into His REST, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from His.

Hebrews 4:9-10    see Genesis 2:3

We know that the Sabbath day was a foreshadowing of the True Sabbath in the person of Jesus Christ:

16)  Let  no man therefore judge you in meat or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the SABBATH DAYS;

17)  Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Colossians 2:16-17

And as for the lie that Christian don't obey the Ten Commandments (with the exception that in Christ Jesus we find our Rest), for nalt stated love overrides the 10 Commandments, will Paul stated:

8)   Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

9)   For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love neighbor as thyself.

10) Love worketh no ill to his neighbour, therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Romans 13:8-10

Paul basically is trying to tell us the New Covenant has no ritual laws by which we must be cleaned for we are cleansed by the Blood of Christ.  But because the Holy Spirit now indwells us we are still responsible for God's Moral law and by the Spirit Power we are finally capable of fulfilling them, Romans 5:5; Ephesians 2:10; I Peter 1:22.  But when we fell we just confess them and we are forgiven, I John 1:9.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,603 posts

Don't trust anything non-scriptural or worse still, anything that tries to twist scripture.

Welcome to Worthy.

Willamina

Willamina

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,070 posts
Satan is the author of confusion and the father of lies. He started in the garden of eden with: Hath God said? He continued with the temptations of Jesus by quoting scripture out of context. He twists God's Word and rationalizes to disobey God. Classic satanic garbage.
God did not give us liberty to sin but freed us from the penelty of sins, which is death. Therefore we are not to walk or live as the heathen walk.

Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts. And do not present your members as instrument of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God. Rom. 6:12-13 NKJV

Galatians 1:9b if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.

2 Timothy 3:13-14 But evil men and impostors will grow worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived. But you must continue in the things which you have learned and been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned them, and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scripture, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

1 Thess 4:3-7 NKJV For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that each of you should abstain from immorality; that each of you should know how to posses your own vessel in sanctification and in honor, not in passion and lust, like the gentiles, who did not know God; that no one should take advantage of or defraud his brother in this matter, because the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also forwarned you and testafied. For God did not call us to uncleanness, but in holiness.

Floatingaxe

Floatingaxe

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,131 posts

Thanks

You need to hold fast to what the word of God says...and burn that book.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network