christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

I just need help

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

7Sundance

7Sundance
  • Members
  • 13 posts
I need help. I am senior in highschool and stressed beyond belief and enrolling into college at the same time. Really bad timing for the devil to walk in but he's never been one for good timing of course. he's funny like that I guess. Anyway I came to this site in hopes of prayers to stand in agreement with me. Or something like that.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

Are you ready to enroll in college?Do you need a time for stepping back and some RR after 4 years in high school?Is that possible?Why are you so stressed out?

LOVEY777

LOVEY777
  • Members
  • 12 posts

don't know you in person but God dose... I have just talked to God & asked for him to lighten the load for you.....if you just keep it simple for a while im sure he will come to your aid....nice to hear your pushing into you study hope good things come your way friend....regards Shane....

Edited by LOVEY777, 01 May 2014 - 12:21 AM.

7Sundance

7Sundance
  • Members
  • 13 posts
No I've gotta get into college right now. If I don't do it now I'll never do it. I mean who is honestly read for college. I don't think anyone I know is or was but I know I've gotta do it. And right now it's just seeming hectic because of all these temptations, trials, and trying to not break promises with God and such, but really I'll just take any prayers offered.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

:th_praying: I will pray for God to guide and direct you through all of this.

BeauJangles

BeauJangles

• PipPip
  • 185 posts

Welcome to Worthy, Sundance. Your membership is official. A lot easier than worrying over your SAT and GPA, isn't it? In Christ, your footsteps are ordered of the Lord. That you can trust and count on. I understand it's a hard transition from young adult-hood, to the fruition of, "You're not a kid anymore". Really, I do. I may be old, but not that old! LOL These are hard times, in this day and age. Tuition, textbooks and cost per units are expensive... But don't give way to fear. It will only torment your mind and paralyze your faith in God. We at Worthy will be praying for you. You can count on that as well. Enjoy what time you presently have, until the first semester. Just one last thing: Take an old man's advice and behave yourself, don't do anything you'll later regret in the meantime... Alright, then. Everything's gonna work out for you. Hang in there. Trust in your Saviour, He never fails!

God bless you,

David/BeauJangles  

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,464 posts
Welcome to Worthy!! High school, College, University are challenges at anytime and especially a young Christian when the stress of what the world and the perceived fun of what the enemy offers is presented before you. Stay strong, there are many here who are willing to pray and offer you support.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,986 posts

No I've gotta get into college right now. If I don't do it now I'll never do it. I mean who is honestly read for college. I don't think anyone I know is or was but I know I've gotta do it. And right now it's just seeming hectic because of all these temptations, trials, and trying to not break promises with God and such, but really I'll just take any prayers offered.

It's been a long time since I was in your position, but I do still remember the frustration with it.....   I really didn't like school that much.....   but then again, I wasn't all that crazy about being an infantry member of the US Army in Viet Nam either.    At least you don't have that hanging over your head.

Questions need be answered  to have any suggestions for help other than you need to back off for at least part of the summer and get your head on strait.

Some questions:

Why are you going to college?

What do you want to do with the rest of your life?

Can you attend college and still live at home with your parents?

Are you getting loans to go to school?

Is there a good Votec system where you live?

Make sure that what you want to do with your life really requires a 4 year college degree....   otherwise it can be just a waste of time and money.

Whatever the case I'm asking the Lord to send peace your way so you can handle things out of the chaos.

Edited by other one, 01 May 2014 - 11:09 AM.

7Sundance

7Sundance
  • Members
  • 13 posts
Yeah I've already been accepted to Troy University in Alabama. I know what I'll be doing there and the fact that I already know what hardships I will face is what scares me the most. I know what's expected of me and I know my major and it's one if the harder majors that are out there. But I know I've gotta do it because of my calling and such.

ayin jade

ayin jade

Royal Member

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,493 posts

What is your major and what hardships do you expect?

Donibm

Donibm

Advanced Member

• Members *
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

I went to college ins Huntsvile, Alabama.  lol  I had the choice of Japan, Atlanta, or Alabama.  I choose Alabama because it was a small town.  I knew it would be a culture shock in Japan, and I knew that I wsn't mature enough for ATL.  Alabama was the right choice for me at that time.  So, I can identify with what you are talking about.

And who said that you will have "temptation"?  LOL  You haven't even started yet.  LOL  Get your mind off of the drinking, smoking, partying, etc.  You are going to college to learn and develop skills so you can get your own home, care for your own family, and have a future ... not to party.

Select your friends carefully.  That is the key.

Let the world go to hell in a handbasket.  You don't need to follow them. In alabama, we most played sports, had gatherings at the house and parks, and when we wanted a big city vacation, we drow to ATL.  I wasn't a Christian then, so I didn't have the concerns you have over Salvation, but I'm telling you, if you find yourself a good, Bible believing Church, and depending on where you are, they may have gospel concerns, and plays, etc, you will have things to do.  You do not need to be out there in spring breaks and frat parties and other crap.

Again, select your friends carefully.  And if you are grounded, you really wouldn't want to live that party life anyway.

And if you do find yourself getting caught up, try this:

-try looking at the drunken fools

-observe the hang overs

-listen to the profanity

-observe what is vulgar

... and learn what it means that "God is angry with the wicked every day"

In time, your own backsliding will reprove you.  You will start to hate the sin.  And always look further than the things Satan shows you.

He shows you the buzz from the alcohol ... but not the alcoholism, loneliness, loss of job, and broken family as a drunk.

He shows you the high from the drugs ... but not the addiction or the $$$ lost.

He shows you the partying and smiling faces ... but not the gun shots, riots, fights ... or an angry God who will show no mercy in the end.

So, see things as God sees them, and focus on your schoolwork, and learn to have CLEAN FUN (there is a lot you can learn to do, even start a Christain committe on campus) ... and pick your friends carefully ... oh, and stay in contact with your folks.  You'll be fine.

PrairWarur

PrairWarur

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Welcome to Worthy!

Praying!  Peace to you, 

PrairWarur

7Sundance

7Sundance
  • Members
  • 13 posts
:) thanks.

evan escent

evan escent
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Welcome,
I will pray for you in agreement with everyone.  I wanted to say that if you are really troubled and are not at rest with your decisions you might want to wait on the Lord to lead you into His peace about it.  Doing anything quickly or rashly usually ends up with less than welcome consequences.  When I slow down and wait for the Lords leading things come into play with better results.  I have learned that it is less painful to go slow as less mistakes are made.  God bless, Rick aka Evan Escence

Learning Hebrew

Learning Hebrew
  • 1 posts

Hey I hope you will find your way 

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,964 posts

Praying~!

Love is alive

Love is alive

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

I need help. I am senior in highschool and stressed beyond belief and enrolling into college at the same time. Really bad timing for the devil to walk in but he's never been one for good timing of course. he's funny like that I guess. Anyway I came to this site in hopes of prayers to stand in agreement with me. Or something like that.

Praying for you ! Welcome to worthy!  God never gives us more than we can handle, hang in there and keep praying.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network