christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Antichrist

* * * * * 1 votes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
145 replies to this topic

douggg

douggg

• Members *
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

These three chapters give the Antichrist's rise - in order.   Each is a step to him becoming the perceived messiah (to be coronated the illicit King of Israel, son of David, anointed)_

Daniel 7 is the emergence of the Antichrist.
Daniel 8 is the Antichrist coming down to Israel to stop Gog/Magog.
Daniel 9 is the Antichrist prince who shall come arriving and embraced by the Jews as the perceived messiah.

rollinTHUNDER

rollinTHUNDER

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts

Hi douggg,

Do any of these verses fit?

1 John 2:18
Children, it is the last hour; and just as you heard that antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have appeared; from this we know that it is the last hour.

1 John 2:22
Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son.

1 John 4:3
and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world.

2 John 1:7
For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist.

Cheers

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,457 posts
  • Interests:Archery, painting, plants and animals, Medieval history

The antiChrist spirit has been with us for a long time. As the Bible points out, there are characteristics to look out for. The antiChrist claims that Jesus is not the Messiah (Islam fits this), the antiChrist denies the Father and the Son (Islam fits this), the antiChrist will deny that Jesus came in the flesh and so on...

Islam, the Gnostic movement, various other so-called Christian cults and non-Christian cults (such as Nazism) all have antiChrist characteristics.

I expect the final antiChrist of Revelation will make similar claims.

Enoch2021

Enoch2021

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts
  • Interests:The Word of GOD!
    Microbiology/Biochemistry
    /Physics/Genetics
    Young Earth Creationist

These three chapters give the Antichrist's rise - in order.   Each is a step to him becoming the perceived messiah (to be coronated the illicit King of Israel, son of David, anointed)_

Daniel 7 is the emergence of the Antichrist.
Daniel 9 is the Antichrist prince who shall come arriving and embraced by the Jews as the perceived messiah.

======================================================================================

These three chapters give the Antichrist's rise - in order.   Each is a step...

There is no "order" or "steps".

Chapters:

7:  The Four Beasts:  Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece, Rome (2 Phases) with the "little horn".....Mister Big Mouth (The Beast) rising from Rome Phase 2.

8:  The Ram and He-Goat (Alexander the Great, Defeating Persia, The 4 Generals, Antiochus IV (Epiphanes)...1st Abomination of Desolation, then Cross-Over with the King of Fierce Countenance (Mister Big Mouth)....end of Chapter 8

9:  Sixty Nine Weeks---- Interval Daniel 9:26 (Triumphal Entry/Messiah Executed/ Jerusalem Destroyed);  70th Week: Confirming a Covenant then Abomination of Desolation.

(to be coronated the illicit King of Israel, son of David, anointed)

Please show in Daniel or FROM SCRIPTURE for that matter, any of this?

Please show a Reference to Gog/Magog anywhere in Daniel??

Please show SPECIFICALLY where the "antichrist" is "embraced" or as "perceived messiah" in Daniel Chapter 9?

Also strangely, the term "antichrist" is only mentioned specifically 4 times, all in John's Letters (1 John 2:18, 1 John 2:22, 1 John 4:3, 2 John 1:7).  John wrote the Book of Revelation and never mentioned the term "antichrist" once.

It appears from those Letters....it's used in more of a General Context including anyone that denies the Father and The Son and Jesus not coming in the flesh.

Daniel's "little horn" and the beast that ascends from the bottomless pit (Revelation) is a Specific Individual.

douggg

douggg

• Members *
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Hi douggg,

Do any of these verses fit?

1 John 2:18
Children, it is the last hour; and just as you heard that antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have appeared; from this we know that it is the last hour.

1 John 2:22
Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son.

1 John 4:3
and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world.

2 John 1:7
For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist.

Cheers

Hi RT, well those would certainly tell the characteristics of the Antichrist.    That and his large ego and being into the occult understanding dark sentences, and soliciting the dark side for his success in whatever the wants to achieve..   Whether that is the kaballah route or not, I don't know, but it could be because one of the concepts is that some kabbalists think they can control angels to assist them reach their goals.

The path though of him, his rise, to becoming the illicit crowned (as in Revelation 6, the rider on the white horse) King of Israel, Son of David, anointed (mashiach) for a short time is amazingly sequenced in those three chapters.   But those chapters are not stand alone to come to that conclusion.     

It takes some knowledge of the ten kings how they play a role, supportive of the Antichrist in both his rise and his fall.    And in Ezekiel 39, the 7 years nestled between the lines (not visible) of Ezekiel 39:1-16 and Ezekiel 39:17.    And some knowledge about Judaism's expectations and what they get from the Rambam teachings of the mashiach.      To get the picture of how it is all going to come together.

douggg

douggg

• Members *
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Enoch, go look up "mashiach" on the internet.   And learn the biblical context of "the" messiah.     And what the prefix "Anti" means.    Then come back and report what you learned.

Then go to Judaism 101.com and read about the "mashiach".

Or read in the new testament what Pilate had written above Jesus's head on the cross.   And the reaction of the Jewish leaders.     Then come back and report what you read.

Edited by douggg, 05 May 2014 - 01:19 PM.

Enoch2021

Enoch2021

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts
  • Interests:The Word of GOD!
    Microbiology/Biochemistry
    /Physics/Genetics
    Young Earth Creationist

Enoch, go look up "mashiach" on the internet.   And learn the biblical context of "the" messiah.     And what the prefix "Anti" means.    Then come back and report what you learned.

Or read in the new testament what Pilate had written above Jesus's head on the cross.   And the reaction of the Jewish leaders.     Then come back and report what you read.

========================================================================

So you answer questions to support your conjectures with questions for me to research??  Is this "code" for you don't have any?

I know what they mean.

Now, Scripture Support.....

"(to be coronated the illicit King of Israel, son of David, anointed)"

"Please show a Reference to Gog/Magog anywhere in Daniel??"

"Please show SPECIFICALLY where the "antichrist" is "embraced" or as "perceived messiah" in Daniel Chapter 9?"

If these are the case, then simply show Scripture Support.

inchrist

inchrist

Advanced Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

========================================================================

So you answer questions to support your conjectures with questions for me to research??  Is this "code" for you don't have any?

I know what they mean.

Now, Scripture Support.....

"(to be coronated the illicit King of Israel, son of David, anointed)"

"Please show a Reference to Gog/Magog anywhere in Daniel??"

"Please show SPECIFICALLY where the "antichrist" is "embraced" or as "perceived messiah" in Daniel Chapter 9?"

If these are the case, then simply show Scripture Support.

How about you show otherwise...since you have the answers??

Salty

Salty

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • Interests:I love God's Word The Holy Bible. My primary Bible is the good 'ole 1611 King James Version. I prefer the Majority Text of The New Testament used for the KJV above later translations from the Alexandrian texts like the NIV.

I've played guitar for many years. I enjoy mixing music in Pro Tools, and doing instrumental writing. If you have a Christian song you'd like mixed PM me, I do a lot of free work.

dougg,

You're very correct about the coming Antichrist. I'm not sure what you're talking about with the Gog/Magog relation though, because Ezekiel 38 & 39 is related to the time of Christ's coming and the battle of Armageddon on the 7th Vial.

Apostle John in 1 John 2:18 spoke of both a singular antichrist figure they had already heard would come, and the idea of his followers as the "many antichrists".

The coming of a false one, the Antichrist, was not a new idea to those John spoke that to. The new idea he gave was that there already were many antichrists in the world at work, which is the same subject of Paul's "mystery of iniquity" of 2 Thess.2, and the "tares" of Christ's parable of the tares of the field. The "workers of iniquity" was a well covered subject back in OT Scripture, but many of my Christian brethren don't read the Old Testament Books, sad to say.

To understand what dougg has said, one must put together God's revealings through His prophet Daniel, our Lord Jesus' Olivet Discourse, and His Revelation through Apostle John, and Paul's warning about the "another Jesus" and false one of 2 Thess.2 that's coming to sit in a rebuilt temple in Jerusalem at the end of this world, just prior to Jesus' second coming.

Even the 1st and 2nd century Church fathers understood about that singular Antichrist as king in Jerusalem event and wrote about it.

If one is attending a Church that is teaching other things, like there is no such singular Antichrist coming, then you might want to open up your Bible and go through those Scriptures I mentioned, and then take another look at today's Jerusalem with what orthodox Jews are getting ready do there. They've already got the materials ready to build that temple for the coming false messiah to sit in and proclaim himself as God.

I will even go so far as to say that our Lord Jesus well showed us in His Word that Satan himself, the devil, is going to be that singular Antichrist coming to Jerusalem to sit in that rebuilt temple, and proclaim himself as God working miracles in the sight of men. That's why Apostle Paul would call that event the "strong delusion" in 2 Thess.2. The farthest path away from this Biblical understanding about the end is with men's ideas that 'antichrist' means just a bunch of evil men on the earth. In reality, that idea from men is to get one off this Truth of what's getting ready to occur in Jerusalem.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,779 posts
  • Interests:camping computers

The masonic order wants the temple built and so does the Rothschild dynasty just to name a couple of others.   

Hindsfeet

Hindsfeet

• PipPip
  • 183 posts

The masonic order wants the temple built and so does the Rothschild dynasty just to name a couple of others.   

Other One, why do they want it rebuilt? Well,,,what Reason would they claim that they want it rebuilt?

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,779 posts
I'm personally not sure what the reasoning for the masons are. None of my personal friends will talk about it who i think might really know.

I did have someone close who started tp tell me all about their plans but his wife came into the room and reminded him that they would kill us both if he did so... she wasn't joking and I stopped asking.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,779 posts
As for the Rothschilds.... I wouldn't even venture to put down my thoughts here but you can google "13 Satanic Bloodlines" and get a fairly good idea.

JohnDB

JohnDB

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts
  • Interests:Happily married to the love of my life since 12/1980
    RETURNING THE CHURCH TO ITS HEBREW ROOTS

The fact that many antichrists have appeared many times in history does not detract from the fact that the ultimate antichrist will emerge on the scene in the end time.

The same as the fact that there were many messiahs in history does not detract from the fact that the ultimate Messiah has come.

The fact is some of these "antichrist" verses indicate Jewish unbelievers in Jesus are antichrist is a prophetic clue among many others that the "antichrist" will be a false messiah to the Jews.

It's almost a "duh" moment when you think about it. Who else but a Jew and one claiming to be the Messiah could lead the Jewish people? A pope or a pastor or a mufti wouldn't phase them. 

Jesus taught that even though a man will toot his own horn they (the Jews will follow him) even though he came in his Father's name. (John 5:43).

JohnDB

JohnDB

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts
  • Interests:Happily married to the love of my life since 12/1980
    RETURNING THE CHURCH TO ITS HEBREW ROOTS

One of the ways we misinterpret the past and the future is by projecting into them our current conditions.

With Temple Mount being ground zero of the next world war with two mosques and an assortment of holy spots to Islam there and the Jewish resolve to rebuild a Temple God did not want in the first place... it seems quite impossible that there will be a third (actually fifth) Jewish Temple there. But the Bible indicates there will be a working Jewish Temple up to 1290 days from the end of time (Daniel12:11). Again, we must not project current conditions on that time period. Because the correct interpretation of Daniel 9:27 is the prince that will come will affirm the holy covenant (of Moses) with the many... meaning humanity as a whole. 

Some trick, huh?

Again, we must not project the current impossibility of this on the time when the one who does this affirmation will fool everyone into believing he is the true Messiah. That includes people of other religions, skeptics, atheists, everyone... except Spirit-filled believers in Y'shua Jesus. 

Not so impossible to  believe if you realize the Bible teaches he will be a man who comes back from the dead...

Ezra 2:13 (KJV)
13 The children of Adonikam {adonai qum = 'risen lord'}, six hundred sixty and six.

Revelation 13:3 (KJV)
3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

... after 2000 years of being dead, and able to prove it by medical exam DNA and blood tests.

We are all receptacles of elements unique to our times. Since the 1960's for example, Teflon has been in the blood of humans. The same is true of blood samples from every era. 

So where does the Bible say he will be a 2000 years resurrected man?

John 17:12 (KJV)
12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

2 Thessalonians 2:3-4 (KJV)
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Luke 22:3 (KJV)
3 Then entered Satan into Judas surnamed Iscariot, being of the number of the twelve.

John 13:26-27 (KJV)
26 Jesus answered, He it is, to whom I shall give a sop, when I have dipped it. And when he had dipped the sop, he gave it to Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon.
27 And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, That thou doest, do quickly.

Acts 1:25 (KJV)
25 That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place.

Revelation 13:1 begins with a prophetic picture of the beast rising from the sea of humanity to stand upon the sand of Israel (imagery explained in Revelation 17:15 and Genesis 22:17).

Jesus said in Matthew 24 that these signs and wonders would fool the very elect if it were possible (meaning only the Holy Spirit living in us frees us from this delusion). And when we protest this false messiah we will be hunted down and killed (which is what the purpose for the mark of the beast is all about smoking out those who will not accept it).

Revelation 12:17 (KJV)
17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Revelation 13:5-10 (KJV)
5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
9 If any man have an ear, let him hear.
10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

The rapture WILL happen... but not like you think and not when you think.

Salty

Salty

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • Interests:I love God's Word The Holy Bible. My primary Bible is the good 'ole 1611 King James Version. I prefer the Majority Text of The New Testament used for the KJV above later translations from the Alexandrian texts like the NIV.

I've played guitar for many years. I enjoy mixing music in Pro Tools, and doing instrumental writing. If you have a Christian song you'd like mixed PM me, I do a lot of free work.

Shouldn't confuse the title "son of perdition" in 2 Thess.2 with Judas, since Apostle Paul was not inferring that Judas would come back from the dead. The son of perdition is another one of Satan's titles also, its link to Judas given in John 6:70-71 with Christ saying Judas "is a devil."

Also, the subject of the "deadly wound" of Rev.13 is about a wound to one of the first beast's seven heads being healed, and that first beast of Rev.13:1 is about a kingdom beast as proven by the Rev.13:11-12.

Edited by Salty, 23 May 2014 - 01:34 AM.

Johnlove

Johnlove

• Members *
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:God
    Family
    wood carving
    Bowling

Personally I believe that Jesus has told me who the Anti-Christ is, and he is living here today.

inchrist

inchrist

Advanced Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Shouldn't confuse the title "son of perdition" in 2 Thess.2 with Judas, since Apostle Paul was not inferring that Judas would come back from the dead. The son of perdition is another one of Satan's titles also, its link to Judas given in John 6:70-71 with Christ saying Judas "is a devil."

Also, the subject of the "deadly wound" of Rev.13 is about a wound to one of the first beast's seven heads being healed, and that first beast of Rev.13:1 is about a kingdom beast as proven by the Rev.13:11-12.

Why is Judas referred to "is a devil" and not "demon possessed"?

Salty

Salty

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Why is Judas referred to "is a devil" and not "demon possessed"?

No doubt because our Lord Jesus was handing us a Message by saying Judas "is a devil" in John 6.

In 2 Thess.2, Apostle Paul gave that prophecy about events to occur in the future, and they'll still future to us, because it also involves the event of Christ's second coming and gathering of His saints. So the erroneous idea some picked up on that Judas is going to come back from the dead is really a joke being played upon brethren who aren't paying enough attention to the Scriptures.

In Rev.9 the devil is also called Apollyon, from the Greek, which is tied to the Greek word for 'perdition'. It's one of Satan's titles because he has already been judged and sentenced to perdition in the "lake of fire". That's what the root word for Greek Apollyon points to in its purest sense, to perish fully. Yet we also know that Judas has not been judged and sentenced to perish yet, for that doesn't occur until the Great White Throne Judgment after Christ's future thousand years reign. That's another way how we can know Paul was pointing to the devil himself in the 2 Thess.2:3-4 Scripture.

Salty

Salty

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Personally I believe that Jesus has told me who the Anti-Christ is, and he is living here today.

Might want to check the spirit you're listening to, because the Scriptures point directly to Satan himself as the coming Antichrist. And by that I mean Satan here on earth in person, and not by some demon possession idea.

In Rev.12:7 forward our Lord Jesus showed us about Satan being cast out of Heaven down to the this earth in the last days, with his angels. The abode of hell, haides, or whatever one wants to call it, is in the Heavenly. When the war in Heaven between Michael and his angels vs. Satan and his angels occurs, the devil's place in the Heavenly will be no more. That leaves only one other place he can go to, i.e., this earthly dimension we live in.

The many antichrists that are here on earth which work for Lucifer are continually trying to hide this specific matter, and want us to instead think the Antichrist is about some flesh man being possessed in order to fulfill the role of the coming Antichrist/false messiah. They don't want you to think it could be the Devil himself. Yet the Devil is who the Scriptures are directly pointing to. It's simply a matter of whether people are going to believe the Scriptures as they are actually written or not, or instead heed pop tradition.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network