Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Terminally ill patients seeking experimental drugs

6 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Im in favor of it-if theyre terminally ill and they understand the risks, why not let them try it? I mean seriously, whats it going to do, kill them? It was one thing if the company was trying to trick people into taking it to experiment on them without their knowledge-but if the person knows that this is a experimental drug that may not work or even if it does have other side effects, or even end worse, then whats the harm?

I agree with Patriot.

Posted · Report post

Cure for illness in principle is good. Who would not want to share some more time with the loved ones and see children and even grand children growing up? Corruption within the business should be dealt with anyway.

What I came to think of are the psychoactive drugs like ayahuasca etc. some people apparently have found help from as well when it comes to illness. I am not promoting that of course, but it fits the topic. In overall God created the nature for us to sustain our lives. Are some parts of it disallowed in the case of emergency, so to speak, in addition to the tree of knowledge?

Because there are a long list of various of kinds of plants and mushroom some take for health benefits. Surely I am not claiming they should per se be consumed. But if there are beneficial effects, and we are talking about a person saving their lives, does that make a difference?

Sometimes the issue of demonic is linked with some of the drugs, and especially with those used in shamanistic traditions.

In addition, many drugs were extracted from these very plants.

I am not saying which would be those pharmaceutical drugs or plants that will cause demonization. But I think it's not a far fetched idea either.

With a deep sigh, I come to the age old question of people not getting healed with a prayer. Sometimes it's really hard for a human being to understand, let alone accept why healing does not happen especially when the close ones are suffering. Might be due to God's Will, I must accept that and hope people made the right decisions to end up in the right place in the next world.

Posted · Report post

First of all the sick person, or their family, has to sign something releasing the pharmaceutical co. and all the Docs, nurses, etc. from any law suits if things go wrong. If this is done, and if all the Docs agree the person will die anyway, I think it should be allowed.

How the drug will be paid for is more complicated. I'm not going to address that.

Posted · Report post

First of all the sick person, or their family, has to sign something releasing the pharmaceutical co. and all the Docs, nurses, etc. from any law suits if things go wrong. If this is done, and if all the Docs agree the person will die anyway, I think it should be allowed.

How the drug will be paid for is more complicated. I'm not going to address that.

Lawyers can get around anything anyone signs. They do that in lawsuits all the time.

Posted · Report post

If one person had some messed up side effects there would be a media storm all over the company. Long term it could cost more than a law suit. Plus the companies care more about money than people. How it works is say a new drug comes out and they know x amount of people will get sick or die. If the payout from that is less than the profits from those that wont get sick... cha-ching fda approved. They dont care if you or I die. Its all about fat stacks.

Posted · Report post

Big pharma in biblical context in the light of Revelation. What is to come?

Strong's Concordance
pharmakos: a poisoner, sorcerer, magician

Original Word: φάρμακος, οῦ, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: pharmakos
Phonetic Spelling: (far-mak-os')
Short Definition: a magician, sorcerer
Definition: a magician, sorcerer.

HELPS Word-studies

Cognate: 5333 phármakos – properly, a sorcerer; used of people usingdrugs and "religious incantations" to drug people into living by theirillusions – like having magical (supernatural) powers to manipulate God into giving them more temporal possessions.

NAS Exhaustive Concordance

Word Origin
from pharmakon (a drug)
Definition
a poisoner, sorcerer, magician
NASB Translation
sorcerers (2).

Thayer's Greek Lexicon

STRONGS NT 5333: φάρμακος

φάρμακοςφαρμακηφάρμακον (φαρμάσσω (to use aφάρμακον)) (from Aristophanes down);

1. pertaining to magical arts.

2.  φάρμακος, a substantive, i. e. φαρμακεύς, which see:Revelation 21:8 G L T Tr WHRevelation 22:15. (The Sept. several times for מְכַשֵּׁף.)

'

http://biblehub.com/greek/5332.htm'>

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0