christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Kitty annie in labor - What do I do

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

tigger398

tigger398

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

annie is mowing and laying on her side. But now she stopped, Does that still mean she having kittens, She really scared me when she meow like crazy like that.

Willamina

Willamina

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts
Just pray for her. Labor comes in waves as you muscles contract and relax. God does a good job in helping her. She will soon give birth to tiny blind things. Most mama kitties are good mamas and clean them up by themselves by licking them and then making sure they find food, unless they are busy birthing and cleaning another, up to 8 babies. But most mamas are good. Sometimes a mama cat doesnt take care of her kittens, but that doesn't happen often. So just pray that she will be a good mama and the babies won't need any help at all.

ayin jade

ayin jade

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,534 posts

If you are concerned, call a local vet and ask them. 

tigger398

tigger398

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

She sleeping now. Is that normal.

ayin jade

ayin jade

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,534 posts

Call a local vet. They can tell you what to expect.

Butero

Butero

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,692 posts

That sounds very normal to me Tigger.  Maybe she isn't quite to the point of giving birth, but just close.  If you are worried about her, take her to the vet. 

tigger398

tigger398

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

I'm talking to co worker now. her cats have had kittens, and she told me it takes a while and to not touch her. She knows what she will do, She said get her bed ready and that it will be messy lol. Dear lord I don't know why you sent me a stray kitty thats preg. But since you gave her to me. Don't know why. But you handle her.

Butero

Butero

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,692 posts

I was just talking to someone who knows about cats, and they said basically the same thing. 

Why did God send her to you?  Probably because he knew you were a compassionate person who would take care of her. 

tigger398

tigger398

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

One kitten out, Charlie put her bed and everything in front of big mirror so she can't see us, but he can keep eye on her with mirror. LOL he says they look like a rat.

tigger398

tigger398

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

Now I need prayers that we find homes for annie's kittens and that we will get her fixed.

Openly Curious

Openly Curious

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts

I would say the mother cat is close to giving birth and suspect the kittens are moving around inside of her and the mommy cat is laying on her side for comfort reasons.  Everything you have described so far sounds very normal as the kittens will come in their time so just be patient in waiting.  But I agree with some of the others if you are worried something is wrong then by all means call a vet and ask them on the phone.  There is no charge for the call and the vet's are more than happy to advise you over the phone if things are serious or not.  I have had to make a many of calls to my vet.  Making a bed for the mommy cat is a good idea.

Openly Curious

Openly Curious

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts

(((((Congradulations Tigger)))) on your new baby kitties

Butero

Butero

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,692 posts

Now I need prayers that we find homes for annie's kittens and that we will get her fixed.

I had a stray cat who had many kittens at my home.  I just had her fixed.  She was not completely tame, and I couldn't have gotten her to the vet before.  As a result, I have a lot of cats, but at least the cycle should end now.  After the kittens are weaned, you can seek to find them homes and have the Mother cat fixed.  Till then, keep her inside.  Kittens are not in high demand.  How many kittens did Annie have? 

tigger398

tigger398

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

annie had two so far

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,603 posts

Happy Mother's Day~!

http://www.2ndchance...felinelabor.htm

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

Congrats to you and Annie  :mgcheerful:

09a6668837c7daad61a92a38f4718b70.jpg

tigger398

tigger398

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh that photo looks just like the kittens. there are 3 altogether. But seriously. we must find homes for them. annie is a tuxedo cat. The kittens are grey tiger cats.

Butero

Butero

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,692 posts

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh that photo looks just like the kittens. there are 3 altogether. But seriously. we must find homes for them. annie is a tuxedo cat. The kittens are grey tiger cats.

They will need to be with their mother for at least 4 to 6 weeks, at least till they are weaned.  You probably should be asking around as soon as possible, because in my experience, there aren't that many people looking for cats.  As I sit here typing, I am looking at 9 cats in the living room with me.  The rest are around here someplace, and I never intended to have more than 3 at a time.  I had one stray cat hanging around the house, and most are her kittens.  When they are old enough to adopt out, I hear they are easier to find a home for if they have been fixed.  Just make sure to keep the mother cat indoors until the kittens are weaned and she is fixed or this will happen again, many times over.  Good luck. 

tigger398

tigger398

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

Can we pray to find homes for them quickly.

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,717 posts

Blessings tigger!

Do you live anywhere near South Florida?A little itty bitty kitty would love me lots n lots and I would love em back........

In Jesus Name we pray,Heavenly Father ....even as a sparrow falls from a tree,You know about it...........You know Your little creatures need homes & we thank you that You will provide them with loving homes where You will be Blessing someone through them!Glory to You Lord,in everything...............

How many are Your works,Oh Lord!In Wisdom You made them all;the earth is full of Your creatures,,,,,, Psalms 104:24

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network