christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Trans-humanism

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

Diatheosis

Diatheosis

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

As I am planning to contain trans-humanism in my master's degree, it would be interesting to see how different people view the subject.

In case someone is not familiar with that, trans-humanism basically has to do with an utopia of artificially 'upgrading' the human race, ie. changing the genetic structure, combining animal DNA (to increase the capacity of senses as instance), connecting technology to human body for same results. Everything to the extent the idea of what really is human becomes quite blur, hence the name trans-humanism.

And it's not some small crazy sect, but actually accumulating enormous amounts of tax money in the research where human animal hybrids are generated, to mention one thing.

This all is being done under the name of development and scientific research, like to enhance the chances for those who may suffer from certain kind of inability (missing a leg, to get rid of genetic abnormalities etc.). All this sounds great and I have no right to deny the possibility for normal life from anyone. However, the stakes are high, we talking about dissolving the barriers between different species, and our DNA.

If you believe there is a higher meaning in life, these kind of activities should seem alarming. What good has there ever come when man begins to mess up with the nature? Genetically dealt crops created super bugs, overt use of antibiotics super bacteria.

Please, share your insights here.

Butero

Butero

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,838 posts

I see this as a high tech method of creating a master race like Hitler desired.  I also see some similarities to the race that existed when the sons of God took wives of the daughters of men in Genesis creating a race of giants.  I don't see any good coming from this.  I am all for research to try to find cures for diseases and I have no problem with artificial limbs or things like a pacemaker.  When you start trying to mix the DNA of animals with humans, that is going too far.  If one looks at men and women as nothing more than a species of animal, and not created in the image and likeness of God, I can see how this would be acceptable to them.  On the other hand, I don't see how a Bible believing Christian could support this kind of research. 

Anyway, that is how I see it.  I feel like you will get many more opinions on such a controversial topic. 

JTC

JTC

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

I have to mostly agree with Butero here.  Recently TV news has shown the wonderful advancements we've made in giving people artificial limbs for the people who lost their legs in the Boston bombings. These people can dance and even run with their artificial legs. We've come a long way from when the best we could do was put a piece of wood on the lost leg. I don't think we've reached he point yet where a chip in the brain can send signals to the artificial limb and move it like the human limb moved. Research leading to this is a good thing, and I'm in favor of it. But to cross animal DNA with human DNA is likely to create abominations. I happen to believe that this was already done, in ancient times,  and it lead to God having to find a way to destroy the creatures that were created. Now some of our scientists want to do this again, and these scientists must obviously not believe in God. Or if they do, they believe God was a mortal alien who put us here. If they believed God is an immortal being that we can't even understand, who created all that exists by His very will, they wouldn't mess with God's creations. 

But you're right that this is going to happen. It's going to happen because we are in the end times of the age of man. God will allow it so that when He finally comes back to execute judgement on humanity, these creatures will prove Him right. My opinion.

Qnts2

Qnts2

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

Reminds me of the Star Trek episode called the 'Space Seeds' and the follow-on movie, Star Trek 2, the wrath of Khan.

For those not familiar, Khan was a genetically altered super human.

Although fiction, as applied to this conversation, and from a Christian perspective, Khan viewed himself as superior due to his genetic alterations, greater strength and mental capacity. Now, imagine a fallen human, who is genetically altered to be superior, filled with pride, and a desire to dominate. The one thing science can never change is the fallen nature.  So much for utopia.

The only utopia on earth will be when there is a New heaven and New earth.

rjp34652

rjp34652

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

As I am planning to contain trans-humanism in my master's degree, it would be interesting to see how different people view the subject.

In case someone is not familiar with that, trans-humanism basically has to do with an utopia of artificially 'upgrading' the human race, ie. changing the genetic structure, combining animal DNA (to increase the capacity of senses as instance), connecting technology to human body for same results. Everything to the extent the idea of what really is human becomes quite blur, hence the name trans-humanism.

And it's not some small crazy sect, but actually accumulating enormous amounts of tax money in the research where human animal hybrids are generated, to mention one thing.

This all is being done under the name of development and scientific research, like to enhance the chances for those who may suffer from certain kind of inability (missing a leg, to get rid of genetic abnormalities etc.). All this sounds great and I have no right to deny the possibility for normal life from anyone. However, the stakes are high, we talking about dissolving the barriers between different species, and our DNA.

If you believe there is a higher meaning in life, these kind of activities should seem alarming. What good has there ever come when man begins to mess up with the nature? Genetically dealt crops created super bugs, overt use of antibiotics super bacteria.

One of the aspects of HUMANISM the reader ought to be aware of is the chameleon like ability of its adherents to change its definition/their position.  It's rather like roaches hiding in dark places to avoid being squashed by the heavy boot of truth.  

For example, one of the definitions of humanism embraced by the international film industry (and who doesn't watch movies?) is this one;

Humanism - (def. movie version) people reacting with one another in the context of their times or their own experience.

As an illustration I submit a few famous lines from a French pre-invasion movie.

From La Regle du jeu (1939) ----------------------
(translation - The Rules of the Game)
by Jean Renoir 

"I want to disappear into a hole."
"What?  What for?"
"I wouldn't have to figure out what's good and what's evil." 
"The terrible thing is that everyone has his reasons."

The key line here is the last one which states one of the accepted pillars of humanist philosophy 'everyone has his reasons'.  One might substitute the word 'justification' in its place.  Note the previous line expressing an attempt to avoid a moral imperative.   The humanist method of escape from moral responsibility is to justify everything according to one's own perspective.   

It worked pretty well until the Germany Army marched in and imposed its own variety of morality at the end of the machine gun.

In the end, humanism is a linear myopic philosophy.   It considers only human relationships, as in the film, or human relationships with the environment, as on Earth Day, or one's relationship with one's self, as in the plethora of self-absorbed novels and starlets of the present day.   There is no room in humanism for the visiting space alien, unless of course said alien is human itself.   ET, for example, was a warped mirror image of his human contact Eliot.  

Where is God in all this?  Nowhere to be found.  

Any pseudo-theologian who tries to massage God into the humanistic ideological system fails in the effort.   To fill in the gaps of humanistic Christianity the concept of 'love' is usually inserted in place of the God of the Bible (He's much too rough and opinionated a character anyway).   Love is pink, mushy and universally acceptable to everyone who has a crotch to play with.   The heart and mind are different organs, ones that God, the real one, spends a great deal of time influencing. 

Humanism is a dark lie.   As such definitions and attempts to nail it down usually become nebulous themselves.  The most successful (in terms of money) attempts to define and portray it are those which link it with human passion.

God's passion is never included in the humanistic equation.  No humanist has ever come up with a Biblically correct way of dealing with the cross.

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft....

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,708 posts

Im with butero-its mankinds way of playing God. And a huge waste of tax dollars if you ask me.

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,636 posts

I don't know much about it, but if it means artificial organs that work and are not rejected, (like they are in the first stages of printing in cellular form, or if it is completely artificial), then as a medical breakthrough to enhance our allotted time, I see no major problem.

If it's building a liver from a pig for human transplant, again I can't see much of a problem.

If it is simply to enhance strength, endurance, etc, for no real medical reason, I would disagree, but you can see from my reply that i don't know enough about the subject to make a concrete statement. 

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,531 posts

Tom horn has done more research on this than anyone I know.

http://www.raidersne...eadstory121.htm

this would be a good start and you might want to consult his books if it strikes you as something you're looking for.

For me personally, it's way tooo much like the Borgue in Star Treck for me to contemplate being a part of it.

It would fit right into the one world government thing though.....   easy to keep track on everyone.

Fez,  I think it will most likely start out with the things you mention, but where does it always end.

Diatheosis

Diatheosis

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

There are always people who use their intelligence and skills to help those in need, as well as those who will use their entire life time to acquire more power. Some scientists are humble in front of the creation and its Creator, others will do everything that can be done no matter if life will be sacrificed for it, as in nazi Germany. Unfortunately, much of the research work resonates with the latter in this time of (planned and designed) secularization when nothing is holy; therefore many scientists will go beyond the limits they should.

Research in itself is not the problem, but the spirit in which it is being done. Most of us know where it originates from and because of that also where it leads, precisely like many here have correctly stated.

I am aware of mr. Horn's research. Yet the subject is quite grim by nature, his material can be called interesting in the least.

Much of the entertainment industry is designed to prepare humanity to accept the goals of transhumanist utopia. I guess it's fair enough to speak of it with the proper name; Satan's attempt to take over and pervert as much of God's creation as possible. I think often in what kind of a world my children are growing up, what is considered as normal compared to how it was when I was young. The occult is getting stronger hold of the media in many ways, and the super mutant bold and the beautiful series are on the rise. I know some of what this subject contains sounds maybe a bit too far fetched today, but when you get to see interviews with the leading scientists on various fields of scientific research, it kind of makes this all more real. And what is being published, has already been studied at least one generation if not longer. Mostly the priority is military and intelligence services, later on the business world.

Would be fantastic to be completely wrong about these things, as it would mean the world is not that crazy place to live as one could think. But I don't think they will stop. Science will study until it loses its mind, which partially has already happened. By which I mean just what all is being done under its name. Of course, its good to remember so often new things have been seen as dreadful, only to be part of every day life after awhile. It's not the unknown I am worried about, though in this instance I guess unknown really quite literally fits the description of what is to come, It would be really cool to have all kinds of enhancements and this futuristic vision of hi-tech no disease paradise. But as long as the evil has its ways unto the hearts of men technology will always posses serious threat to our being.

It sounds almost too scary to be true, but we all know any and all of such development is overseen by God. We have all it takes to face whatever our destiny is to be for Jesus is risen. I never think this kind of topics should be continued for too long without combining it with the other side of the equation. We are not alone, and I am not referring to some alien nefillim demonic entities watching over. For the Almighty has poured His spirit to abide in us, if only the mankind cared to invest even half of the time and effort to get to know Him as they do for worldly things. All glory to God. He will reign forever.

• PipPip
  • 227 posts

When man partook of the tree of good and evil it puts us in a precarious situation.

Science is a wonderful thing but does it have any real answers, does it really solve problems with a final solutions?

Can we really artificially upgrade the human race? Our would it be factoring in other complexities into the mix?

Is it not true that in a imperfect world continual reproduction takes us further from the original and thereby becoming a weaker specie?

It would be a bad thing these days for someone to cohabit with your half sister, or sisters as did Cain.

I think it is significant that God's people were shepherds where through the lineage of Cain they were mighty men.

Just a thought.

Cletus

Cletus

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts
Yes of course, lets perfect what God made in his own image and likeness. Lets polute Gods handiwork with animal dna because we know better than God and can make it better because we are better.

This to me sounds just like the conversation lucy and God had beforw God threw him out. It also sounds like what all the devils tried to do with breeding humans to polute the bloodline to prevent Jesus from being born.

there is nothin new under the sun. Eugenics is an already failed plot of the evil one amd his minions. GOD REIGNS!

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,023 posts

:thumbsup:

Man Makes

Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD. Jeremiah 17:5

God Makes

Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. Jeremiah 17:7

What's To Discuss?

Diatheosis

Diatheosis

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

I do not know if this is for real, but the phenomenon at least is.

http://www.dvice.com...iving-creatures

This is trans-humanism in a nutshell. Or, should I say, in an embryo cell..

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,531 posts

There are always people who use their intelligence and skills to help those in need, as well as those who will use their entire life time to acquire more power. Some scientists are humble in front of the creation and its Creator, others will do everything that can be done no matter if life will be sacrificed for it, as in nazi Germany. Unfortunately, much of the research work resonates with the latter in this time of (planned and designed) secularization when nothing is holy; therefore many scientists will go beyond the limits they should.

I think a whole lot of the problem lies in the fact that we only defeated the German Army in world war II;  we imported the scientists and they brought their knowledge and their backgroundsand beliefs to our country....   and blended in spreading their beliefs.

Diatheosis

Diatheosis

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

yes, the infamous Operation Paperclip. An introlude to the new kind of combination between science and the occult.

JTC

JTC

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Hey Diatheosis,  I clicked the link you provided. Altering our DNA is exactly what some of us are worried about. It would be wonderful if we could prevent birth defects in this way. But when man messes with what God created at the level of DNA is when we might create a monster.

I looked around the website you provided and I found something I just saw on TV a couple of nights ago. We have created a prosthetic arm, along with a hand and 5 fingers, that moves with impulses from the brain. Then there was another link, and this one showed a prosthetic hand that can actually feel certain things. Again, this is a wonderful thing for anyone who has lost a limb in a war or an accident. However, it makes me wonder if this is how the fictional "Borg" from Star Trek, might have had their start. For those who don't know, the Borg are a group of humanoids from various species in the galaxy.  The Borg assimilate any species they think will improve them and what they know. After abducting a person they remove some flesh parts and replace them with machine parts. The worse thing is they do something to a brain that makes the person a drone. He has no free will nor any sense of individuality. They have a collective consciousnesses that links them together. A Queen who is almost all machine rules them. They are a living nightmare. Star Trek never speculated on how such a race of cyborgs might have started. But it could have been with prosthetic parts to help amputees.

I'd be all in favor of trans humanistic research if all the scientists were believers in God and could be trusted to not do anything that violates God's laws. Several people in my extended family have birth defects, and it's a terrible thing. If birth defects can be prevented without creating an abomination I'd be all in favor of it. But I don't trust any scientist who doesn't believe in God.

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,598 posts

I do not know if this is for real, but the phenomenon at least is.

http://www.dvice.com...iving-creatures

This is trans-humanism in a nutshell. Or, should I say, in an embryo cell.

This article provides a simple, straight forward explanation of the subject....very helpful for non-scientists like my self.  Thanks for posting it, Diatheosis.

Diatheosis

Diatheosis

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

For anyone missing any member of the body, an organ etc. all this development is marvelous. What I am worried about is what's the real agenda behind the scenes. The corporations working with these technologies providing different parts etc. are not necessarily as good willing as many of their employees. Do the devices and neuro-limbs contain something which can be used to manipulate people? Mind control is one of the oldest forms of science, very well utilized through out the centuries. Combined with the technological progress we arrive at a situation where human actions can be directed more than ever before.

Such may sound far fetched, but on daily basis different kinds of interference is exposed. As much of the research is partially funded by intelligence and military sources, what a more alluring option to map out the population?

I have no doubt that Satan is behind some of the 'development' we are witnessing. It is much too powerful structure to be left out from his plans. That of course is another thing than to say all the people involved with this were aware of the different aspects of it. Hopefully I am wrong about many of the things I believe true, but unfortunately the big picture gets much backed up the further time passes.

One thing I rejoice of, though, the greater this blasphemy against all life God has created sacred grows, the shorter is the time.

As I am going to graduate to become a priest, knowing these things might be proven to be of use later on, when the whole scheme marches forward. Who knows, you might be living next to a mutant family in not so distant future? It does not really matter what Satan is up to, although it does effect our lives and sometimes to quite an extent, we still have the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ as our foundation and bed rock.

Times change, ever since the revolution of technologies all the way to the information age, the Christendom and the body of Christ have had to make up its mind how to react to many new phenomenon. I am sure a good number of apparatus we are using every day now were maybe seen as sinister before. And the opinions divide, even here yet it does not mean arguing was needed.

If the trans-humanist utopia becomes real, and the human race becomes even more diverse than now, one may have to consider can or will God reach out the arm of salvation towards hybrid beings if they seek Him, not to mention artificial intelligence. Or then you just start typing from on Genesis with 1s and zeroes. I wonder if anyone ever translated (decoded?) the Bible to computer language? I bet you never came to think about that one before :D

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,023 posts
If the trans-humanist utopia becomes real, and the human race becomes even more diverse than now,

one may have to consider can or will God reach out the arm of salvation towards hybrid beings

if they seek Him, not to mention artificial intelligence.

Or then you just start typing from on Genesis with 1s and zeroes.

I wonder if anyone ever translated (decoded?) the Bible to computer language?

I bet you never came to think about that one before :D

:thumbsup:

The Human

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23

Race,

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. John 3:3

Yes

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. John 6:47

~

Can A Machine Sin?

Do Knives Murder?

Or Is It The Programer And The User?

My Shoes Made Me Do It.... Honest

Diatheosis

Diatheosis

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Here's a line of thought from Ray Kurzweil, an influential transhumanist:

In Kurzweil’s model, as humans pass through the techno- logical singularity an accelerating evolutionary process working on intelligence will yield new beings. He makes it clear that there will be as little in common between posthumans with evolved intelligence and standard humans as there is between bacteria and Homo sapiens. He predicts that these super beings will harness stars and eventually operate on the scale of the universe or universes. Generations of humans that forego this evolution, in comparison, will be hope- lessly primitive. In the social sciences it has been pointed out that grand theories, such as Herbert Spencer’s social evolution theory, lose sight of human actors. Kurzweil’s evolutionary theory is even more sweeping than Spencer’s, suggesting stages of civilization freed of bodily and earthly constraints. With cosmic transcendence, human actors recede as anachronisms.

(Transhumanism and Society, the social debate over human enhancement, Stepehn Lilley)

This is extremely parallel to new age logic, and therefore easily realized as production of the same, the fallen one. Even though one might consider the new age stuff to be of minority, the occult is actually very predominant within politically high profile circles, including the UN. Put this together with the amount of money poured into the research that drives transhumanist dream forward, and you will get a picture.

Keep your faith alive. Without God we are more than lost.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network