• Latest Posts

• Dennis, you certainly have put a lot of time and effort into your response. Very nice! I don’t expect to receive any further comments that offer such a response so, if you do not mind, I will try and have a discussion with you on the little horn (and I believe you also agree the “little horn” is a literal person but the “anti-Christ” is NOT  a literal person but is someone who goes against God, His Word, etc. Thus, if I or anyone rejects Jesus, or preaches a different gospel, and does not obey His commands is one that exhibits an “anti-Christ” spirit or behavior.  Consequently, we might simply need to focus on who this little horn is, what does he do to meet the characteristics or attributes of the “little horn,” and perhaps the most important factor is to identify WHEN he arrives or has arrived.    If you would like to move forward with this exercise, on a slow, step by step basis, we might start with Daniel where he is first revealed.    So, assuming you will agree to move forward, I will begin with my thoughts and you might respond- for or against or add and subtract from these comments. 1) the 4 and only 4 kingdoms in Nebuchadnezzar’s image reveals Rome as the 4th kingdom in chapter 2. 2) within the 4th kingdom which is composed of iron (legs and feet of iron), there are two other entities/persons, etc., that are symbolized WITHIN the iron kingdom (specifically shown within the feet).        a) the clay (yet to be identified as to what type of clay) represents the Jews who are now back in Jerusalem (70 weeks of years prophecy at the time of the expected Messiah), and the 10 toes at the end of the feet. At this time in their revealing, God has labeled them as “toes” NOT KINGS. These “toes” have also not be revealed at this time, but will be clearly identified in chapter 7 when God gives us His next vision of the 4 kingdoms and how they have progressed since the time of Nebuchadnezzar. I will stop here and ask for your opinion and thoughts on the above. I would ask you to consider these comments above which come out of Daniel 2 (no need to bring in Revelation, Matthew, Isaiah, etc., at this time.    Let me know if you would like to continue.. thanks, Charlie   
    • I really like the Underwood one.  I have heard her say both that and How Great tho Art is difficult to sing without getting over emotional.  Both put me over the edge.
    • NAMES & DESCRIPTIVE TITLES OF THE ANTICHRIST The seed of Satan: Genesis 3:15 (KJV) And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. Satan is a mimicker of everything the Lord does. Satan tried to prevent the Messiah from coming by contaminating the bloodline of Jesus via Genesis 6:1-4 and the murder of young children. He has had someone ready in every generation to step in, IE., Hitler. He will have a son (Antichrist), and the False Prophet will act as his holy spirit; most likely, in my opinion, a Catholic Pope. The Little Horn: Daniel 7:8 (KJV) I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things. Three nations, powers, or global zones don’t go along with his program; they are defeated and come under his control. A mouth speaking great things: No doubt when he speaks, he will deceive and mesmerize the masses with his eloquent speech as an orator. He will make Hitler look like a stuttering babbler. The King of Fierce Countenance: Daniel 8:23 (KJV) And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up. Dark sentences: חִידָה (ḥî·ḏā(h)): n.fem.; ≡ Str 2420; TWOT 616a—1. LN 32.21 riddle, enigma, i.e., the asking of a hard question (as a game) to be solved or guessed, implying scorn or taunting toward the persons being asked (Jdg 14:12–19 passim; Hab 2:6+); 2. hidden things, intrigue, something secret and difficult or impossible to be known (Nu 12:8; Ps 78:2; Da 8:23+). By the power and indwelling of Satan as his son; the Antichrist will have superior intelligence and wisdom to solve problems of the globe. King of Bold Face Biblical Man, King — A later monarch over a kingdom split from the goat’s horn in Daniel’s vision who would understand riddles. Commonly believed to be Antiochus IV Epiphanes, skilled in riddles. This ability implies wisdom in the ancient Near East (see Dan 5:12). Antiochus displays worldly wisdom, making him skilled in intrigue. This designation emphasizes his duplicity (see vv. 25; 11:21, 23, 27, 32). Antiochus Epiphanes was a watered-down type and shadow of the coming Antichrist. The Prince That Shall Come: Daniel 9:26 (KJV) And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined. שָׁמֵם (šā·mēm): v.; ≡ Str 8074; TWOT 2409—1. LN 20.31–20.60 (qal) be desolate, be devastated, destitute, laid waste, ravaged, ruined, deserted, i.e., be in a destroyed and ruined state, implying the object or area destroyed is now abandoned from all help, deserted, or in personal poverty.  The Desolator: Daniel 9:27 (KJV) And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate. שִׁקּוּץ שָׁמֵם (šiq·qûṣ šā·mēm)1 abomination that causes desolation, a horrible thing which defiles, i.e., an object or event causing the vacating of a holy site (Da 9:27; 11:31; 12:11+) One week is seven days, which represents seven years. The ‘midst of the week’ is precisely the midpoint of the tribulation or 1,260 days of 360-day Hebrew years in [3.5 years; mid-tribulation]. He previously made a covenant with Israel, allowing the Temple to be built and animal sacrifices to resume. As soon as he stands in the Holy of Holies in the Temple and declares himself to be god, in earnest, he will ransack Israel and start martyring the Jews by the hundreds of thousands. They will probably flee to the caves of Petra, Jordan. A remnant of one-third of the population will be protected by the Lord and saved. A Vile Person: Daniel 11:21 (KJV) And in his estate shall stand up a vile person, to whom they shall not give the honour of the kingdom: but he shall come in peaceably, and obtain the kingdom by flatteries. Vile Person: (bā·zā(h)): v.; ≡ despise, show contempt for, think lightly, i.e., pertaining to feeling of contempt for an object, because it is regarded to be bad, or of little value, often with behaviors toward the object (including speaking scorn and ridicule) which correspond to that contempt (Ge 25:34); (qal pass.) be despised (Ps 22:7); (nif) be despised, be contemptible (1Sa 15:9); (hif) cause to despise (Est 1:17. Flatteries: חֲלַקְלַק (ḥǎlǎq·lǎq): n.fem.; ≡ slipperiness, slickness, i.e., having the state or quality of viscosity, and so be treacherous to walk upon (Ps 35:6; Jer 23:12+); 2. LN 33.251–33.255 empty words, i.e., words that promise, but are not fulfilled, with a focus on the flattering quality of the promises (Da 11:21, 34+), note: some translate as “hypocrisy” and “intrigues” as more specific kinds of falsehoods. The Willful King: Daniel 11:36 (KJV) And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done. The Abomination of Desolation: Matthew 24:15 (KJV) When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:) The Man of Sin: 2 Thessalonians 2:3 (KJV) Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; That man of sin: We cannot know who this man of sin is before he is revealed. The Antichrist is revealed when he “confirms” a seven-year covenant with Israel and the many. This also is the ‘official’ start of the seven-year [2,520 days] tribulation. Falling away: Some expound that falling away is the Rapture of the Church, but I disagree. I believe it is a falling away from the true Gospel and, having itchy ears and believing a lie, falling away from having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ our Lord. Son of Perdition: I find it interesting that only two people in the Bible are called “son of perdition”; the Antichrist and Judas Iscariot. Perdition: ἀπώλεια (apōleia), destruction, ruin (Mt 7:13); waste, needless squandering of a resource (Mt 26:8; Mk 14:4). 2 Thessalonians 2:3 (KJV) Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; The Lawless One; Wicked: 2 Thessalonians 2:8 (KJV) And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: The Antichrist: 1 John 2:18 (KJV) Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time. 1 John 2:22  Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. 1 John 4:3  And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. ANTICHRIST (ἀντίχριστος, antichristos). A figure empowered by Satan who functions as an enemy of Jesus Christ and the Church. In the context of apocalyptic literature, this figure performs false miracles, deceives many to discourage people from worshiping the true God, and persecutes God’s people and His chosen people the Jews. He will deny that Jesus came to earth in the flesh and deny there is a supreme God and Son of God. ἀντίχριστος (antichristos), ου (ou), ὁ (ho): n.masc.; ≡ Str 500; TDNT 9.493—LN 53.83 antichrist, one who opposes Christ, implying the usurping of Christ and his position 1Jn 2:18, 22; 4:3; 2Jn 7+ The Beast: Revelation 11:7 (KJV) And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them. Revelation 13:1 (KJV) And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. The Idol Shepherd: Zechariah 11:17 (KJV) Woe to the idol shepherd that leaveth the flock! the sword shall be upon his arm, and upon his right eye: his arm shall be clean dried up, and his right eye shall be utterly darkened. Revelation 13:3 (KJV) And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast. This sounds as if there’s an assassination attempt on the Antichrist or he is mortally wounded in a battle. The Lord only has the power to resurrect the dead. I suspect this is another deception of the king of destruction and deceit, another lie. The Wicked One: Matthew 13:38 (KJV) The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one; The Adversary: Psalm 74:10 (KJV) O God, how long shall the adversary reproach? shall the enemy blaspheme thy name for ever? The Assyrian: Isaiah 10:5 (KJV) O Assyrian, the rod of mine anger, and the staff in their hand is mine indignation. Assyria, the rod of my anger Yahweh used Assyria to punish Israel. Victory in the ancient world was often attributed to the superiority of one’s god. Yahweh is thus presented as truly superior—He, not Assyria’s god, is behind their success. The foreign nations are simply tools in the hands of Yahweh. There’s a long history of Assyria oppressing and enslaving Israel. The Assyrians were Semites (Gen. 10:22), but in the process of time, non-Semite tribes mingled with the inhabitants. They were a military people, the “Romans of the East.” The Profane and Wicked Prince of Israel: Ezekiel 21:25 (KJV) And thou, profane wicked prince of Israel, whose day is come, when iniquity shall have an end, Son of the Morning: Isaiah 14:12 (KJV) How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! False Christs: Matthew 24:24 (KJV) For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. IDENTIFICATION John 5:43 (KJV)  I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive. He will come in his own name, and the world will accept him as their messiah; after rejecting the One True Messiah, Jesus Christ our Lord. Before the antichrist is revealed, the world will be divided into ten governing units ruled by ten powerful leaders (or kings). The 1973 Treaty of Rome divided the globe into TEN economic global trading zones. It seems possible ten oligarchies may form, as we see forming today. The antichrist, not one of the ten, will arise in power and conquer three of the ten, and they will become only figureheads under him. The other seven kings will submit to him (Daniel 7:23-24; Rev. 17:12, 13, 17). He will come into power before the tribulation (2 Thess. 2:3). He will sign and confirm a seven-year covenant with Israel, which will start the tribulation (Dan. 9:7). The numerical value of his name is 666 (Rev.13:18). The Israelis will know him when he stands in the holy place of the tribulation temple and declare himself to be God (Mt.24:15). Daniel 11:37 (KJV) Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all. There’s much speculation and opinion on “nor the desire of women.” It could mean a female worship goddess; he’s a Sodomite homosexual, he doesn’t recognize traditional marriage or is celibate, and has no interest in the opposite sex? I suspect, based on his name, character, traits, and evil like the world has never seen before, he’s a flaming deviant homosexual with not one moral. WORKS OF THE ANTICHRIST He will destroy, deceive, exalt himself, and oppose Christ (Dan. 8:23-25). He will establish a seven-year covenant with Israel, break it after three and a half years, and stop the sacrifices offered during the tribulation (Dan. 9:27). He will desecrate the sacredness of the Jewish temple by standing in the Holy Place (Mt. 24:15) and sitting in the temple, demanding to be worshiped as God (2 Th. 2:3-4). He will set up an image of himself in the Jewish temple, demanding that it be worshiped. Those who don’t are killed (Dan.11:31; Mt. 24:15; Rev.13:14-15). He will magnify himself above and speak against God, and he has no desire for women. (Dan. 11:36-39) He will invade Israel and gain control over many countries. (Dan. 11:40-45) He will obey Satan, demonstrating great power, signs, and wonders. (2 Thess. 2:9) He will be fatally wounded but will be healed. The world will follow him, and he will wage war (Rev. 13:3-4). He will be arrogant, blaspheme God, and overcome the saints (Rev. 13:5-6). He will have authority over the world for 42 months and be worshiped by the world. (Rev. 13:7-8). He will demand that everybody have his mark on them (Rev. 13:16-18).    He will be an elaborate genius.  In Dan. 7:20 we are told that he has "a mouth that spake very great things". As a wizard of words, he will surpass Demosthenes. Here also will the Devil imitate that One "who spake as never man spake." The people were "astonished" at Christ's doctrine (Matt. 7:28) and said, "Whence hath this man this wisdom?" (Matt. 13:54). So will it be with this daring counterfeiter: he will have a mouth speaking very great things. He will have a perfect command and flow of language. His oratory will not only gain attention but command respect. Rev. 13:2 declares that his mouth is "as the mouth of a lion," which is a symbolic expression telling of his voice's majesty and awe-producing effects. The voice of the lion excels that of any other beast. So the Antichrist will outrival orators, ancient and modern. THE ANTICHRIST’S DOOM He will be broken without human agency (Dan. 8:25). What is decreed upon him will be poured out on him (Dan. 9:27). He will come to his end, and no one will help him (Dan. 11:45). He will be slain by the breath of Christ at His second coming (2 Thess. 2:8). He and the False Prophet will be the first occupants of the Lake of Fire (Rev. 19:19-20).
    • Speculation abounds on who this little horn is, rising amid ten other horns (or kings). We are told much about his character and ambitions with 33 names and titles. Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time. (1 John 2:18) Antichrist is a spirit present beginning in the apostle John’s Day. Anti can mean against, but it is better said instead of, or in place of Christ. We certainly see the historical and present manifestations of antichrist. No one can know who he is until he is revealed; we can speculate until the cows come home. Clearly, the person who confirms (reinforces) a covenant with Israel for seven years is THE Antichrist, signaling the official start of Daniel’s 70th week. And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate. (Daniel 9:27) I hold the traditional early church view on the person Antichrist, not a reformed exegesis. A brief sampling is as follows: By means of the events that will occur in the time of the Antichrist, it is shown that he, being an apostate and a robber, is anxious to be worshipped as God.… For he is endowed with all of the power of the devil. He will come—not as a righteous king, nor as a legitimate king in subjection to God—but as an unholy, unjust, and lawless one.… He will set aside idols to persuade men that he himself is God.… Daniel, foresaw the end of the last kingdom (of the ten last kings), among whom the kingdom of those men will be partitioned and upon whom the son of perdition will come. Irenaeus (c. 180, E/W), 1.553. Jeremiah does not merely point out the Antichrist’s sudden coming, but he even indicates the tribe from which he will come, when he says, “We will hear the voice of his swift horses from Dan” [Jer. 8:16]. Irenaeus (c. 180, E/W), 1.559.[1] Based on scripture and where I suspect we are in God’s prophetic time clock, I believe A/C is politically rising through the ranks at present. It is reasonable to think he may obtain the office of UN General Secretary or President of the European Union. He seems to have impressive military credentials and experience as a military commander.   [1] Bercot, David W., editor. “Antichrist.” A Dictionary of Early Christian Beliefs: A Reference Guide to More than 700 Topics Discussed by the Early Church Fathers, Hendrickson Publishers, 1998, p. 23.
    • A further note: Some, if not many, do worship the creation earth  rather than it's creator;  many a strange cause gets promoted as result; but that is not reason, least not good reason, to  go to the opposite pole of thought, much as  a man named James Watt seemd to do as USA President  Ronald Reagan's  Secretary Of The Interior back in the 1980's did  or promoted; his thinking Jesus was coming any moment therefore there is no need to worry about  the consequences of what is done today  on earth to earth itself.  While it is the fervent desire of those called by God the Holy Spirit to share of the gospel of Jesus, I am confident the gospel is not opposed to good stewardship of what God has given  each of us to tend of and on this earth. "So what?", you may ask (Yes I heard that), LOL.   So, how about tending something on this coming Monday that has been ignored, but that is known should be tended to that will  make at least a  tiniest speck of earth a better place? And how about  each of us do it with a smile of ones whose  confidence is certain in the gospel of our Lord and savior Jesus? Praise God for the opportunity to do so, at this the time of the signs.
  • Who's Online

155 Guests
  • Popular Contributors

• Tell a friend

Love Worthy Christian Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Christian Blogs

• Blog Entries

• Birthdays

1. anita1
      anita1
      69 years old
    2. DrewA
      DrewA
      24 years old
    3. Gauntlet
      Gauntlet
      45 years old