christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Image of Jesus

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
54 replies to this topic

fire-heart

fire-heart

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

So an image was put in my mind recently, call it a vision or divine thinking or mabe it was just a figment of my imagination who knows? But it was beyond beautiful. I saw Jesus and his hair was brown and long and was perfectly between curly and straight.  His skin was a beautiful tan bronze even it looked so smooth and clean silky even just perfect.

His clothes was a beautiful robe of purlple and Gold and he was glowing and shining. not a brilliant blinding light but a serene glow with colors so vivid and colorful. Oh but his eyes are what amazed me the most. They your eyes are the window to your soul, Well let me tell you what I saw in his eyes.

They were very bright and a beautiful blue and appeared to be shining. You look in those eyes and you see hope you see love you see the very power of God. And as you look deeper you see the universe. galaxy upon galaxy you watch as if you are watching God create the universe itself. Its like those eyes tell the story of creation and how amazing God is.

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Blessings fire-heart..........

"We can only Imagine" is my favorite song & as I read your post I began to imagine what you saw in your minds eye...............no matter who I have heard talk about "seeing " Jesus,be it a vision,dream,appearance,thought or just your plain old imagination..........they never fail to comment on his beautiful indescribable eyes.........some say green,some say hazel & some say blue but they always say....unbelievable!!! Praise Jesus!

I don't know what or how you saw what you saw but it's nice to hear,think about & imagine............thank you for sharing  & to God be the Glory!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

I have imagined how I think Jesus would look but no one knows.Their have been all kinds of portraits of Jesus.But they are just how they imagined He would look.We do know that He was Jewish.I don't call my imagined thoughts visions just curiosity.

tigger398

tigger398

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts

had those two. Only i saw white robe with this crown thats beyond beautiful.

clark thompson

clark thompson

• PipPip
  • 119 posts

I don't knowhow Jesus looks but I am glad I know who He is.

Cletus

Cletus

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts
Thats twice I have heard His eyes are blue.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

Where did you hear that from?On speculation I would think that Jesus would look like the typical Middle Eastern.And that sure is not blue eyes.

Cletus

Cletus

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Where did you hear that from?On speculation I would think that Jesus would look like the typical Middle Eastern.And that sure is not blue eyes.

I heard it, well read it here, and heard a lady tell about some visions she had. She claimed His eyes was blue.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

I heard it, well read it here, and heard a lady tell about some visions she had. She claimed His eyes was blue.

Visions?Don't be too sure on that.I think the more reliable source is the Bible.

Cletus

Cletus

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts
Bopeep1909. I think you are misunderstanding what I was tryimg to say. I know what the bible says about his hair being like wool and his skin being olive color. I also know in revelation it says his eyes are like a flame of fire. Fire aint blue nor is it middle eastern complected. Im not saying well thats twice I heard that ... must be true then. I mean it more like... thats twice I have heard someone say that. (Thats all)
And as a side note on me.... I believe in visions and dreams because I have had them. A lot. In fact dreams is how I get a good portion of feedback/instruction from God. And I even get interpretations of the dreams when they arent obvious. However, I do not, absolutly not trust someones dreams or visions until I really really know someone. Or if as I am hearing about it God is telling me its true.
I am not one to trust easily or even at all.

fire-heart

fire-heart

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

You also have to consider he is no longer in the earthly realm but heavenly so is it possible his eye color is different? or perhaps he takes on the appearance that pleases us most? For me it would be blue others green others still brown. there is lots we havent considered

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

I know that you are curious about the appearance of God.You can not go by the description of Him in Revelation because that is not what he looks like.That is just describing who He is.The Bible tells us that Jesus is Jewish.That is all we have to go on.Unless you know of Bible scripture that actually describes His appearance.We can not go by visions,that is dangerous.We can only go by what the Bible says.There are reasons why God does not want us to know some things.If He wanted us to know He would have described Him in the Bible.

fire-heart

fire-heart

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

I know that you are curious about the appearance of God.You can not go by the description of Him in Revelation because that is not what he looks like.That is just describing who He is.The Bible tells us that Jesus is Jewish.That is all we have to go on.Unless you know of Bible scripture that actually describes His appearance.We can not go by visions,that is dangerous.We can only go by what the Bible says.There are reasons why God does not want us to know some things.If He wanted us to know He would have described Him in the Bible.

Ummm I never said this was a vision. I have met him before but i cannot remember what he looked like even though I saw him clear as day when I met him

Jenn

Jenn
  • Members
  • 5 posts

I do think He would look Middle Eastern too.  Anyway, it will not matter to me what He looks like, I would imagine a brilliant glow/light that emanates immense LOVE, JOY & PEACE  

Jenn

<*}}><

Omegaman

Omegaman

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,878 posts

He grew up before him like a tender shoot,
    and like a root out of dry ground.
He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him,
    nothing in his appearance that we should desire him.

Isa 53:2

Sevenseas

Sevenseas

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,808 posts

So an image was put in my mind recently, call it a vision or divine thinking or mabe it was just a figment of my imagination who knows?

Your words suggest that you are totally not responsible for seeing what you say you saw.   You have a way of expressing yourself that tends to belie the words you write

to deny claiming you saw a vision or that in any way whatsoever you would think yourself a seer.

Revelation describes Jesus.  Your vision, or whatever it was/is, does not.

I turned around to see the voice that was speaking to me. And when I turned I saw seven golden lampstands, 13and among the lampstands was someone like a son of man,d dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with a golden sash around his chest. 14The hair on his head was white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire. 15His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters. 16In his right hand he held seven stars, and coming out of his mouth was a sharp, double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance.

17When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. 18I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.

A little discernment would go a long way here IMO

Sevenseas

Sevenseas

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,808 posts

Ummm I never said this was a vision. I have met him before but i cannot remember what he looked like even though I saw him clear as day when I met him

Your words carry an awful lot of weight ...  I, for one, do not give credit to your daily visitations and things you see or things that have been put into your mind, as being from the Holy Spirit

Either these things are from God or they are not from God.  If they are not from God, then you should disavow them and if they are only your imagination, they are part of your thought

processes and you should know the difference.

As you constantly tell us that you do not know the difference between your imagination or a foreign entity PUTTING things into your mind, I would suggest that you ask God for some

discernment because we are to be in CONTROL of our thoughts and not in some state that we do not know how it is we are seeing what we see.

There is no reason on this earth that God would put things into a person's mind that serve no purpose and that are not a true picture of Jesus as He is described in the Bible.

Sevenseas

Sevenseas

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,808 posts

his eyes were like blazing fire.

They could be any color.....talking about the color of Jesus eyes is just nonsense...sheer nonsense and I would agree with what you post BoPeep

If a person wants to imagine, that is one thing, we can all do that, but the Bible really paints a very different picture of what Jesus looked like...including the verse

From Omegaman in post 15...doesn't anyone pay attention to what scripture says rather than postulating when the Bible tells us how it is?

I guess we have all seen those paintings where Jesus is pictured with long flowing hair....yet, read what Paul wrote about a man's hair...kind of doesn't make sense IMO that

people would paint Jesus with long hair when Paul said it was a shame for a man to have long hair

Just sayin

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

his eyes were like blazing fire.

They could be any color.....talking about the color of Jesus eyes is just nonsense...sheer nonsense and I would agree with what you post BoPeep

If a person wants to imagine, that is one thing, we can all do that, but the Bible really paints a very different picture of what Jesus looked like...including the verse

From Omegaman in post 15...doesn't anyone pay attention to what scripture says rather than postulating when the Bible tells us how it is?

I guess we have all seen those paintings where Jesus is pictured with long flowing hair....yet, read what Paul wrote about a man's hair...kind of doesn't make sense IMO that

people would paint Jesus with long hair when Paul said it was a shame for a man to have long hair

Just sayin

The paintings of Jesus could not resemble Him at all.

hmbld

hmbld

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

When Jesus walked on the earth, He was not recognized for who He was.  As mega provided scripture that "He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to Him"  Now who He is to each of us personally is completely different.  So . . .  does what he looked like in the flesh matter?  I wonder how many of us would have recognized Him if we had been alive back then?

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network