christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

dreading Mother's Day

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Organic Medicine

Organic Medicine

• PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Interests:History,reading ,nature
    people, French ,
    religion, God (Trinity)
    and His works
I think all turtle wanted was a human ear heart ,and instead what she got was a quote from the bible.

A lot of people hate to give their time or their heart or thier ear ,but instead bounce the 'solution away from themselves to an institution,which can be a Church or other.
Some examples:a good neighbour says they are broke and can't buy groceries this week,so you point them to the social services,or a Catholic, to saint vincent de paul,or S.S Someone tells you they are depressed months after a bereavement or similiar and you tell them to see a doctor,a psychiatrist(drugs)etc. You see it on forums christian, all the time;
Now if someone is always complaining then it is a different thing ,but Turtle has introduced a very important lesson we must all learn, and that is that the first port of call for a christian to function as such is in being a 'good neighbour'.Not necessarily friends,but there to help in case of need ,there is no one nearer .We are kind of neighbours here,and the first available is not God ,but those here on this forum.
Jesus said "How can you love the God you have never seen ,if you do not love the neighbour that you can
'see' "?
Yes sometimes we cannot do very much ,but at least we can listen.

So Turtle,I hear you ,and yes I can identify,because our family, are with God the most important to us,and they can break our hearts. Even when we are doing our best to overcome too much attachment we can get hit with unexpected loneliness and emotional pain.
If we lose this faculty to empathise ,we would be more like buddhists than christians or whatever.

Edited by Organic Medicine, 28 May 2014 - 08:57 AM.

turtletwo

turtletwo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts
  • Interests:Living for God's glory, Israel, Messianic music, learning Hebrew, and talking with other Christians by PM.

:amen: Thank you so much for hearing me, Organic Works! :emot-nod: Yes. This is exactly what I meant. You have understood my emotions & expressed them beautifully. Empathy is so much more needed in this life...& especially among a Christian community, which is like a neighborhood.

The temptation and act of preaching at people is a dime a dozen. But really 'loving on them'  :wub: and relating to their struggle, in a nonjudgemental way is what is so rare. As an old song puts it..."what the world needs now is love, sweet love. It's the only thing there is just too little of."  If even those without Christ are compassionate and capable of helping, why not those who belong to Him?

turtletwo

turtletwo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts
  • Interests:Living for God's glory, Israel, Messianic music, learning Hebrew, and talking with other Christians by PM.

I just didn't know the answer loved one ... Definitely trying in humor to cheer you up :thumbsup:
TT with all you endure I can understand it probably was error on my part now to do!
No problem on my part to say forgive me :D Love, Steven

:th_wave: Of course you are forgiven, Steven. You are a dear friend who has stood by me a long time. I just didn't know how to process the change in your behavior. Once a serious guy ( at least with me.)and now joking. Guess Worthy has that effect on some, after a long time at the forums. I was just surprised. My hurt has dissipated. You have a long history of kindness :thumbsup:  in your replies and pms.

Note to some:

Humor is not always the answer. Sometimes it can actually come off as sounding flippant. Steven, I know that your heart is gentle and that this was not intentional. Your motive was good, but it was not fully thought out. So maybe a bit insensitive? 

Anyway, I love you as much as ever! :emot-hug: So all is good between us, bro. Thanks for all who put up with me and keep on loving me. God bless you.

enoob57

enoob57

Royal Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,651 posts
  • Interests:What ever my Father places in my heart at the start of new mercies each morning... in effort to unbind my heart from self...

I just didn't know the answer loved one ... Definitely trying in humor to cheer you up :thumbsup:
TT with all you endure I can understand it probably was error on my part now to do!
No problem on my part to say forgive me :D Love, Steven

:th_wave: Of course you are forgiven, Steven. You are a dear friend who has stood by me a long time. I just didn't know how to process the change in your behavior. Once a serious guy ( at least with me.)and now joking. Guess Worthy has that effect on some, after a long time at the forums. I was just surprised. My hurt has dissipated. You have a long history of kindness :thumbsup:  in your replies and pms.

Note to some:

Humor is not always the answer. Sometimes it can actually come off as sounding flippant. Steven, I know that your heart is gentle and that this was not intentional. Your motive was good, but it was not fully thought out. So maybe a bit insensitive? 

Anyway, I love you as much as ever! :emot-hug: So all is good between us, bro. Thanks for all who put up with me and keep on loving me. God bless you.

thank you TT :amen: I know I share your burden cause I will be relieved when God takes it from you :thumbsup:
until then I will remember you in my prayers and ask Him to bless the request with soon :D ... Love, Steven

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2015 part of the Worthy Network