christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

dreading Mother's Day

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

turtletwo

turtletwo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

I can not tell a lie. I am dreading this day. Please don't get me wrong. I think it is an excellent idea to honor our mothers and be honored by our children and grandchildren.

But for myself ( and others in my situation ) ... it can be a real downer. You see, although I have children and one grandchild...none of them are spending this day with me.

So I can not help but feel lonely & cheated...I confess. Afterall. I spent my entire youth as a single parent raising them...while their uncaring father did not wish to be involved in their lives.

I hope I can get through this day without too many tears. But I sure feel a void while other mothers are enjoying this day. Can anyone else relate to my dillema and feelings? If so, a word of comfort for me perhaps? As for me, to all those sharing my predicament ...my heart :heart:goes out to you.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,453 posts

Praying~!

turtletwo

turtletwo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Hi friend. :confused: Sort of confused by your reply. Are you thinking that I am not a Christian just because I have opened up about an emotional struggle and thereby made myself vulnerable to fellow worthyites? Please answer, okay?...

We are all human and I am sure each one of us struggles with something.

I was merely expressing how holidays without your family to share them with are difficult. ( Lots of folks encounter this at Christmas, as I'm sure you know... ) 

Btw, I appreciate the comforting scriptures very much. However, put together they sound to me like a presentation of the Gospel...which I am well aware of through my own reading of the scriptures and attending church as a child... I sincerely gave my life to Jesus, recieved His free gift of Salvation decades ago.

Please explain what you meant to convey, okay? You have always been someone I respect :thumbsup:  and we go back years together. I really miss your pms, btw. So if you ever want to write, am I being selfish to seek a bit of encouragement from the body of Christ? Perhaps you could clear up my confusion here on the board and send me a little message in a pm, as well...

Up to you & Jesus. :heart:

turtletwo

turtletwo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

P.S. If anyone reading my post looks at the last line of it, I am seeking to encourage others here with my same weakness by saying, " For those sharing my predicament, my heart goes out to you."

My point being... I don't ask of my brothers and sisters in Christ what I am not giving myself!

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,453 posts

P.S. If anyone reading my post looks at the last line of it, I am seeking to encourage others here with my same weakness by saying, " For those sharing my predicament, my heart goes out to you."

My point being... I don't ask of my brothers and sisters in Christ what I am not giving myself!

:emot-heartbeat:

turtletwo

turtletwo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

To anyone out there who think my comments make no sense as a response to FresnoJoe's "praying!"...I can only say that somehow his original post reply to me was removed...either willingly or by the mods here.

I still love ya, bro. :bighug: Sure hope that you feel likewise towards me.(  No hard feelings, okay Joe? Please answer this on the forum. To be ignored is painful, bacause that is what my daily life is like and one reasons I sometimes am depressed. ) I long for fellowship.

And strictly for the benefit of others who think this whole thing is strange...basically, I was a bit baffled and hurt because Fresno's original reply was filled with various scriptures that did not seem to fit with my original topic,

It bothered me that they almost came across as though I were unsaved! So I simply asked for an explanation...only to return now and find that his original reply is mysteriously gone! I still stand firm that there is nothing wrong with my being honest.

And I am sure there are many others who feel as I do about Mother's Day and being lonely.about not celebrating with their kids or even recieving a phone call/card, but just won't admit it. They are ashamed to own up to the fact that they have disappointments or sorrow, I guess. :noidea: Does being emotional and feeling deeply and missing kin make us less spiritual????

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,453 posts

And I am sure there are many others who feel as I do about Mother's Day and being lonely.about not celebrating with their kids or even recieving a phone call/card,

:thumbsup:

Beloved, You And Yours Are Always In My Prayers

Love, Your Brother Joe

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

I can not tell a lie. I am dreading this day. Please don't get me wrong. I think it is an excellent idea to honor our mothers and be honored by our children and grandchildren.

But for myself ( and others in my situation ) ... it can be a real downer. You see, although I have children and one grandchild...none of them are spending this day with me.

So I can not help but feel lonely & cheated...I confess. Afterall. I spent my entire youth as a single parent raising them...while their uncaring father did not wish to be involved in their lives.

I hope I can get through this day without too many tears. But I sure feel a void while other mothers are enjoying this day. Can anyone else relate to my dillema and feelings? If so, a word of comfort for me perhaps? As for me, to all those sharing my predicament ...my heart :heart:goes out to you.

I have heard of more than one person say that they dread mother's day.Some do not have a relationship with their mother or have been abused by them.That is sad.

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,624 posts

Blessings Turtle,,,,

I have but one son & one grandchild and as many here know ,i do not see them as of late,,,for who knows what reason he has decided once gain that he is not speaking to me & during this time he has picked up & moved 300 miles away,no forwarding address,changed phone # ,email & any point of contact,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,did I dread Mothers Day?Not at all,it was the day the Lord has made ...I rejoiced & was glad in it!

Understand this please,my son & I were all we ever had,pretty much,,,living 1200 miles away from the rest of the family and were as close as any other mom & son could be,if not closer..............Since he had my grand daughter she basically stayed with me 4 & 5 days & nights a week up until a couple of months ago when he had his temper tantrum.....my mother is dead & there is no one else but the Only One I ever need,the Only One that never leaves or forsakes me.......Christ Jesus,praise the Lord! Lonely?No....just alone physically but that is quite different than lonely

Am I saying that I never experience lonliness ,not at all but when I do it is a sure sign that my focus is not where it needs to be....on the Lord my God,my Father of Comfort...................I know you are Saved,I know you love our Lord ,beloved Sister....but something is not quite right,you shojuld not feel so depressed all the time & I pray that you are filled with the Joy & Peace that can only come from God & drawing close to Him to soothe your hurting heart....in His Word he says that He rushes to the side of the broken hearted......we must focus on things above & what is eternal and fight our flesh,our hearts & minds are but flesh,only with the Heart & Mind of Christ can we overcome depression by the Power of the Holy Spirit,,,,,,,to be delivered from the bondage of walking in the flesh

Depression,lonliness,sadness,worry ,anxiety ,fear and all such things are not of God & we must stand on our position of Victory to claim what is rightfully ours....Peace,Joy,Happiness,Faith,Love & all the fruits of the Holy Spirit ........Freedom in Christ Jesus!

God Bless you Sister,I am praying for you in the Name that is above all names!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

As I have said many times,you are always welcome to PM me,,,you are loved!

Willamina

Willamina

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
I used to dread mothers day because I missed my mom so much on that day. She died when I was 25, just before our son was born. Now I focus on them, our sons and grandchildren, and pray for them. It is nice to have their company, but often I am in pain and so much more comfortable at home. It makes a very long day on Sunday to go to church and then to their homes. We rarely see the youngest outside of church because his mom in law is a widow and their neighbor. His work schedual also makes it hard. They both call regularly and we are close. I don't ask for more than that.

But there have been Christmasses when everyone was sick or working, and we couldn't get together. Those were very lonely. So I can imagaine your disappointment. Perhaps you should adopt a mom who lives far from her children and invite her for lunch on that day. After my mom died I adopted a widow who was estranged from her own children and was mistreated by them. It brought a lot of healing to both of us.
Blessings,
Willa

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,624 posts

Blessings Turtle!

What a wonderful idea Willa suggested.......I have heard of that & I think we had a thread at Christmas time that went into detail about the "adopt a moms",sounds very nice.....maybe you might enjoy that?

Well,I had a great Mothers day,,,nah just kidding............I guess you have no idea what happened to me the day before...Well ,I plunged head first down a flight of steps,broke my arm,broke a rib,twisted my ankle,blew out my knee & rattled my brain with a few knots on the head......Praise the Lord ,I made it to church Sunday-lol   Sunday wasn't too bad but when Monday came along"OUCH"!!!!!Could have been worse,as I said in my earlier post....".It is the Day the Lord has made,I will rejoice & be glad in it"\

Yesterday ,everything hit.....the post chemo/radiation symptoms on top of these broken bones ,this dumb ole cast  & being alone & having a hard time managing .....& I started feeling sorry for myself ,I logged on to Worthy & had my back to the TV(which was on Trinity Broadcast) & I heard this guy praising the Lord, thanking God for all his Blessings and the wonderful life God has given him,,,,well ,I had to turn around to get a look at this happy fellow as he was just lifting me up into the Presence of the Lord..................

Finally ,I managed to turn around & what did I see........the happiest,joyous ,smiling face of a man with out limbs,,,no arms ,no legs.....WOW,what an inspiration,I believe his name is Nick Vijuticis?He flies 120 times a year ,spreading the Gospel........Well,Glory to God,we have so much to rejoice about....be Blessed & Praise the Lord!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Willamina

Willamina

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
Kwik, I am still praying that God will send someone to help you around the house, fix a meal and all. My insurance paid for someone to do light housework and fix a meal after I messed up a foot from an auto accident. It was a couple from our church and he was in the process of being discharged after 20 in the service, so they were looking for work and waiting on pay. It helped to tide them over but they would have done it for nothing. Knowing how inconveinient it was on crutches to even fix dinner, I can't imagine ribs, arm and knees to contend with as well. Most people will at least send food if you tell someone at church that you need help. But I am praying that God will send someone to stay with you for a few weeks as well. I had to use a commode, which was distasteful and embarassing, but it was all a good lesson in humility to let others serve me and give to me, even to empty my commode. I also took stitches in my head after falling down stairs, and it is no fun. Landed on a knee as well and haven't been able to go downstairs since then, even after surgery.

So I really am asking God to send you much needed help.
Blessings, my dear. God is our Provider.
Willa.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

Blessings Turtle!

What a wonderful idea Willa suggested.......I have heard of that & I think we had a thread at Christmas time that went into detail about the "adopt a moms",sounds very nice.....maybe you might enjoy that?

Well,I had a great Mothers day,,,nah just kidding............I guess you have no idea what happened to me the day before...Well ,I plunged head first down a flight of steps,broke my arm,broke a rib,twisted my ankle,blew out my knee & rattled my brain with a few knots on the head......Praise the Lord ,I made it to church Sunday-lol   Sunday wasn't too bad but when Monday came along"OUCH"!!!!!Could have been worse,as I said in my earlier post....".It is the Day the Lord has made,I will rejoice & be glad in it"\

Yesterday ,everything hit.....the post chemo/radiation symptoms on top of these broken bones ,this dumb ole cast  & being alone & having a hard time managing .....& I started feeling sorry for myself ,I logged on to Worthy & had my back to the TV(which was on Trinity Broadcast) & I heard this guy praising the Lord, thanking God for all his Blessings and the wonderful life God has given him,,,,well ,I had to turn around to get a look at this happy fellow as he was just lifting me up into the Presence of the Lord..................

Finally ,I managed to turn around & what did I see........the happiest,joyous ,smiling face of a man with out limbs,,,no arms ,no legs.....WOW,what an inspiration,I believe his name is Nick Vijuticis?He flies 120 times a year ,spreading the Gospel........Well,Glory to God,we have so much to rejoice about....be Blessed & Praise the Lord!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

kwik,I fell down the stairs many years ago.I had a laundry basket full of clothes and I had my slippers on they slipped on the stairs and I landed on my derriere :mgcheerful: I only had a cracked tail bone.But that hurt for a long time.I am sorry that we do not live closer because I would take care of you and what you need.My prayers for God's healing hand  :th_praying:

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,624 posts

Blessings Turtle & my Sisters,

Too bad Turtle & I didn't live near each other too,,,,I could make you laugh & maybe you could help me get dressed-lol      And just all of us to be near one another but thank God we have Worthy,God has Blessed us all so much with this place,,,,,,

Seems everyone takes a good flop one time or another but I will say after seeing the fellow with no limbs just filled with the Joy of the Lord,we can be very thankful for our aching limbs & to top it all off they were asking him if he had a girlfriend,he was blushing & hoping to one day find someone and marry................I just cannot get him out of my mind,keeps me very grateful

Funny that you wrote about Mothers Day & when this all happened,it really made me miss my mom....nobody takes care of you like your mom..........................Turtle,I thought you still had your mom?

With love,Kwik

enoob57

enoob57

Royal Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts
The sorrows must be born along with the joy of His Presence and the promised outcome...
wait for it... wait... it's coming... wait for it... it's almost here... wait
Rev 21:4
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be
no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any
more pain: for the former things are passed away.
KJV

oh the glory that awaits yet sorrows will be with us all till God fulfills His Word...
Love, Steven

turtletwo

turtletwo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Scriptures like this one are as a soothing salve to a painful wound.

turtletwo

turtletwo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

P.S. The misunderstanding I had with FresnoJoe has been worked out between us. However, the mystery of how I read a post that was not intended for me was not resolved. Oh well. No biggie. Accidents do happen...

And what matters in the end is how much we loved and served the Lord and one another in the years that we were given on this earth. Amen? Blessings.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,453 posts

Amen~!

turtletwo

turtletwo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Just curious as to why the post replies to my thread are changing colors. Anyone who could explain this to me, i would be appreciative. :heart:

In my life, changes always 'send up a red flag' ( :D pun intended ) for me. Today I noticed that from post 16 to post 18 it is all in teal. But I know I typed the first two of those in black. I am wondering why the teal thing. This leads me to think the color was changed by a mod ( teal is a nice color, but some with bad vision may have trouble reading it. )

I guess what I'm saying is...why not leave it black and more visible? Especially if that is the way it was typed by the person... If this change is being done to my thread by administration, then in all fairness it should be done to everybody's. Right?

I am concerned that the first thread which has some teal in it ...which was enoob57 at # 15 and each (through #18) thereafter...which were totally teal, are not even appearing on the board! :hmmm:

Would someone please tell me if they see them from #15 all the way to #18???? Thanx so much! :grin:

turtletwo

turtletwo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Sigh. Oh no! There it goes again! I definitely just typed that in black and yet it appears back in teal. Weird...Has anyone else had this happen to them? As I said, for people with visual probs like myself or perhaps even the color blind...I am feeling strong that black is much easier to read.

Any brothers and sisters in Christ out there agree?

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network