christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

please pray for me...

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

carbon20

carbon20
  • 1 posts
I am 19 year old male this year and I have been feeling low for the past months for many reasons eg. family problems, work-related issues, being hurt by others etc. I feel that I do not have friends close enough to share my feelings with. I am currently attending a church for a few years now but do not have any friends in church there as it is hard to make friends with them as they already knew each other for a long time. Sometimes I do feel really lonely. I am tired of putting up a brave front to my friends and family so they would not think I am feeling sad but in fact I feel really tired of living life like this. I do pray often too for God to help me get Christian friends. Please pray for me that I will be a positive person. Pardon my poor English. Thank you and God bless

*Zion*

*Zion*

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Welcome carbon20, we have chat here 24/7, so there's always someone to talk to about anything.  After you make five posts you can manage your profile and post in more areas of the forum.

I sometimes feel like you, and pray the same prayers too!  But I also thank God for the people that can and do at the very least trust for prayer and love, however misunderstood I may feel.

God bless you :)

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,794 posts

Welcome to Worthy.  :thumbsup:

Praying for you. 

enoob57

enoob57

Royal Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,194 posts

I am 19 year old male this year and I have been feeling low for the past months for many reasons eg. family problems, work-related issues, being hurt by others etc. I feel that I do not have friends close enough to share my feelings with. I am currently attending a church for a few years now but do not have any friends in church there as it is hard to make friends with them as they already knew each other for a long time. Sometimes I do feel really lonely. I am tired of putting up a brave front to my friends and family so they would not think I am feeling sad but in fact I feel really tired of living life like this. I do pray often too for God to help me get Christian friends. Please pray for me that I will be a positive person. Pardon my poor English. Thank you and God bless

I would like to say to you to examine you your position in God! (?) Make sure He 'IS' there in this way:
We are required by God to believe in His Son, to accept by opening our heart to His Person, to live in
accordance to His Word by The Presence of His Person The Holy Spirit within... This the born of God begins
into a life that is no longer their own but belongs to God for the purchased right of The Son.
If any time in sorrow or pain we do not have His Satisfying Presence to give us aid it is because we are
not where we should be but have wandered from His Presence by moving from center first foremost within
ourselves before Him to another place. Simply put-> He Being everything and we possess His Presence how can we lack
except that we accept lie that He is not everything and need more! It is the frailty of our own selves that we
do not perceive that the need we have must be always less than the need of Him. It is easy to sanction the 'I
am doing that' but the peace that passes all understanding is to understand the lack as opportunity to wait upon
The Lord and watch in His Good time the supply to that need to His Will of Perfection and not our own demand...
This is the advancement in sanctification (to become like His Son)
Isa 40:31
31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with
wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
KJV

Prayed... Love, Steven

*Zion*

*Zion*

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Good advice, Noobers :)

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,108 posts

Welcome~!

~

Welcome~!

Willa

Willa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,229 posts
I don't know how large your church is, but all high school age can form cliques and be exclusive. But after they face the real world that usually starts to break down. It forces them to grow up.
When I was that age I attended an old ladies sunday school class. They had so much wisdom and were really supportive. Does your church have a mens group? Ours has a mens prayer breakfast. You might join anything like that and also go on mens' retreats. You will find that men all face the same problems; even the pastors have gone through them. Someone will probably mentor you so you can go get a coke with them, or you will find some phone numbers of elders who will be glad to talk to you. Another way to form friendships is to volunteer for work groups at the church. Men bond together by working together.
Blessings,
Willa

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,184 posts

Blessings carbon!

Welcome to Worthy,,,,,,,,,your English sounds just fine,Praise the Lord.God is so good & the loving Father that He is,He wants to fill the desires of your heart & so He has lead you here!Of course you will make friends here but I think more importantly we may be able to encourage you to maybe come out of your shell?We don't yet know anything about one another but sometimes when coming into a church as an outsider where the congregants have known each other for a long time it can be a bit  intimidating &  you feel "left out' or not a part of the click,so to speak.

Willa made some very good suggestions to get in with the men & sometimes you have to put yourself out there ......enoob also brought up some very good points ,basically when we feel a void or a lonliness it is usually a sign that the void in our life can only be filled by the Lord,Him First that we spend time with Him to receive His peace ,His Joy & ALL OTHER THINGS WILL BE ADDED........

I only want to encourage you to rely on the Lord for all your needs & you will be filled with so many Blessings ....He has many gifts He wants to give you....................don't put up a front with your family & friends,I am sure that they love you and would not want you to feel sad,,,,,,but no one could help if they do not know you need their help,be honest & share your feelings with whom you can trust

Of course,you will be in my prayers                                                               With love-in Christ,Kwik

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network