christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

An atheist chaplain

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,316 posts

I think most atheists today believe in a god-like race of aliens who come from either space, the future or an alternate reality. They consider them mortal beings so that's why they aren't gods. Some still think that planet Nibiru is a real planet, and those beings created us. They will believe almost anything other than the God of the Bible. They don't want sin to exist. They want to be free to do as they deem best. They totally reject that "there is a way that seems right to a man, but the end thereof is the way of death".

I have never read or heard these ideas from any atheist, JTC.  Atheists, by definition, don't believe in any type of gods, god-like beings or deities.  Where do you get this information from? 

shiloh357

shiloh357

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,926 posts
  • Interests:Israel Advocacy Bible Study, Apologetics, Theology, Camping, Hiking, Fishing, Birdwatching, BBQing

It's been in the news but it is the most counter-intuitive thing I have seen coming out of the atheist community.   It shows they are seeking...

JTC

JTC

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts
  • Interests:God, The Bible, Philosophy, Photography, and helping others when I can.

I think most atheists today believe in a god-like race of aliens who come from either space, the future or an alternate reality. They consider them mortal beings so that's why they aren't gods. Some still think that planet Nibiru is a real planet, and those beings created us. They will believe almost anything other than the God of the Bible. They don't want sin to exist. They want to be free to do as they deem best. They totally reject that "there is a way that seems right to a man, but the end thereof is the way of death".

I have never read or heard these ideas from any atheist, JTC.  Atheists, by definition, don't believe in any type of gods, god-like beings or deities.  Where do you get this information from? 

Basically on the Internet.

Butero

Butero

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,843 posts
  • Interests:Religion, Politics, Music, Sports

It's been in the news but it is the most counter-intuitive thing I have seen coming out of the atheist community.   It shows they are seeking...

It comes across to me like they are attacking Christian chaplains by insisting on non-Christian chaplains.  It is sort of like how non-Christian groups will mess up a nativity scene by secularizing it, or how you may be able to have prayer in school if all religions are treated the same.  The idea is to get rid of religion altogether, by making it hard to meet the standards.  I can's see any other reason for having unbelievers acting as chaplains.  Of course, anything is possible. 

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,316 posts

This is inane. It makes no sense whatsoever other than Atheism being a religion, which it is.

Even then it makes no sense because Atheism is a religion without a god so what is the purpose of a chaplain?

Remember satan copies God in all things, O.W.  And, you're right, atheism IS a religion.  One of satan's denominations. 

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,070 posts
  • Interests:My Heavenly Father,Jesus Christ,the Holy Spirit,the Bible,people,all Gods creatures(great,small & furry),from the sublime to the ridiculous,learning in general,artwork,animal trainer,cooking & eating,laughing

Blessings Peeps.......

I don't even know what to say besides"ridiculous!" Brother Butero said it even better...............

What will he say?  You are just an animal and when you die, that's the end?  The idea of an atheist chaplain is ludicrous.

With love-in Christ,Kwik

JTC

JTC

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts
  • Interests:God, The Bible, Philosophy, Photography, and helping others when I can.

In NY State we now have Atheist churches. That's another head scratcher. I heard that a typical sermon would be like listening to a motivational speaker. They emphasize how you can do anything if you believe in yourself. The whole positive mental attitude is preached. There is some truth to that. But taken too far and you have New Age thinking. The reporter even mentioned a song they sing. It was a song from my generation, but I forgot. It might have been that song "I'll Survive" by Gloria Gaynor. The focus is on The Self. It's better than an Islam Mosque where they preach Sharia Law.

gray wolf

gray wolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,451 posts

I think it is an attention getting move and it has certainly done that.  It is also to elicit a reaction, which they also got.

1x1is1

1x1is1

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

More than once we have listened to stories how on the battle field a soldier carrying a Bible in his pocket was saved by that same Bible stopping the penetration of a bullet headed for his heart.  Are the Bibles next on the hit list?  

JustinM

JustinM

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,954 posts
  • Interests:Ridng my motorcycle, coaching/playing intramural sports, reading, studying, running, fantasy football, etc.

In NY State we now have Atheist churches. That's another head scratcher. I heard that a typical sermon would be like listening to a motivational speaker. They emphasize how you can do anything if you believe in yourself. The whole positive mental attitude is preached. There is some truth to that. But taken too far and you have New Age thinking. The reporter even mentioned a song they sing. It was a song from my generation, but I forgot. It might have been that song "I'll Survive" by Gloria Gaynor. The focus is on The Self. It's better than an Islam Mosque where they preach Sharia Law.

They could get that from some of our popular megachurches.

JustinM

JustinM

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,954 posts
  • Interests:Ridng my motorcycle, coaching/playing intramural sports, reading, studying, running, fantasy football, etc.

How would an atheist "chaplain" give marriage counsel, or comfort someone that was sexually assaulted, or help a person who's problems are beyond anyone's ability to solve?

What would their solution be to help these people?  Christian Chaplains have so much more to offer someone in need.

Willa

Willa

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:Birdwatching, Bible study

Just hire psychologists, call them counselors, and be done with it.  Some psychologists aren't much help either without God's wisdom and guidance.  But they might be of help with grieving and run support groups or self help groups.  The problem is that most people need God's forgiveness and help.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2015 part of the Worthy Network