christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NFL and the kiss

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

almightyist

almightyist
  • Members
  • 60 posts
Ephesians 5:3-16 But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God’s holy people. Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving. For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person—such a person is an idolater—has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God’s wrath comes on those who are disobedient. Therefore do not be partners with them.

For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth and find out what pleases the Lord. Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. It is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret. But everything exposed by the light becomes visible—and everything that is illuminated becomes a light. This is why it is said:“Wake up, sleeper,rise from the dead,and Christ will shine on you.” Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.

That kiss will help separate the lukewarm Christian from the true believer. I'm thru with the NFL. I'm not joining any bandwagon that encourages a abomination to Jesus.

I believe everybody has to do some real soul searching. Not just on the NFL but all these organizations encouraging glorified sin.

The Bible is so alive...I never dreamed I would live in a country that has decided to override everything in the Bible.

Many people say the kiss was no big deal...but I believe it is a defining moment for the Christian and who they stand with Jesus or Satan.

The more I think about it football is kind of a gay sport....men running after men...grabbing and tackling...the quarterback standing behind center looks gay...I guess I should have opened my eyes years ago...I'm not going to miss it...

Jude 1:4 For certain individuals whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord.

When Brokeback mountain came out I thought I've seen it all...now I've seen it all..

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,598 posts

While I agree that the 'kiss' was disgusting and unnatural....don't judge the entire sport by this gay player and his boyfriend.  But we should definitely pray for them both and for the NFL.  I don't watch football anyway.  The real story here is the willingness of the news sources to show that clip; it wouldn't have happened even five years ago.  Depravity spreads like a cancer.

almightyist

almightyist
  • Members
  • 60 posts

While I agree that the 'kiss' was disgusting and unnatural....don't judge the entire sport by this gay player and his boyfriend.  But we should definitely pray for them both and for the NFL.  I don't watch football anyway.  The real story here is the willingness of the news sources to show that clip; it wouldn't have happened even five years ago.  Depravity spreads like a cancer.

It is the attitude, actions, and behavior of the commissioner and the top authorities of the NFL that I despise. That don't call homosexuality an abomination. That makes them a partner with the fruitless deeds of darkness. They can careless what God or the bible says about homosexuality.

Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.

They have made their choice and are shoving their choice down all the players and fans.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

I saw that on the news.I have seen several same sex couples kissing on news stories lately.Not my cup of tea  :unsure: .

Butero

Butero

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,833 posts

This story is absolutely disgusting.  I can't see into the future, but I can tell you this.  If I am on the opposing team, and having to block this guy, I have extra motivation.  Who wants to be the guy who let the gay boy get the better of you.  Imagine the kidding you would take from your team mates?  I don't think this story has a happy ending, plus I have heard that scouts say he isn't good enough to make it in the NFL.  Even though the Rams coach said publically he will get no special treatment, and if he doesn't do well enough, he won't hesitate to cut him, I kind of doubt that will be allowed.  Ever seen that movie "The Longest Yard," with Burt Reynolds, and how the prison team dealt with the QB on the opposing team?  Just a thought for the Rams practice squad.  :cool2:

BTW, don't take me too serious with that last suggestion. 

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,087 posts

Blessings Everyone!

Oh yeah...this is really bad,gone way too far.......& I though the basketball saga was going to be the big story......at least that owner is true to his convictions.Unfortunately,HIV is not always attributed to immorality and his statement was very unfair & ignorant for the millions of people that did nothing sinful to suffer with the disease....but in the case of Magic....don't all jump down my throat but he is right,Magic suffers the consequence of his sin

Well,this certainly tops that story....this is what we want as a role model for little boys that look up to athletes?Perhaps writing to the NFL & the owner of the team may help,,,,,,if every parent would speak their mind in protest of the teams new celebrity,?It is un-American in my opinion & most definitely making a mockery of what this Nation is supposed to stand for"One Nation Under God"

They broke his neck ,right Butero?Funniest line in the movie.....................neither Butero or I are suggesting anyone harm him but get him off the team and pray for him..............

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Butero

Butero

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,833 posts

Blessings Everyone!

Oh yeah...this is really bad,gone way too far.......& I though the basketball saga was going to be the big story......at least that owner is true to his convictions.Unfortunately,HIV is not always attributed to immorality and his statement was very unfair & ignorant for the millions of people that did nothing sinful to suffer with the disease....but in the case of Magic....don't all jump down my throat but he is right,Magic suffers the consequence of his sin

Well,this certainly tops that story....this is what we want as a role model for little boys that look up to athletes?Perhaps writing to the NFL & the owner of the team may help,,,,,,if every parent would speak their mind in protest of the teams new celebrity,?It is un-American in my opinion & most definitely making a mockery of what this Nation is supposed to stand for"One Nation Under God"

They broke his neck ,right Butero?Funniest line in the movie.....................neither Butero or I are suggesting anyone harm him but get him off the team and pray for him..............

With love-in Christ,Kwik

You are right Kwik.  I wasn't seriously suggesting they break his neck, which is why the disclaimer.  My main point is that if you are the Rams, you don't want the distractions from a mediocre player, and if you are the opposing team, this will only motivate you more.  I know if I was on the opposing team, I would use it to fire the guys up to make strong hits on the Rams.  The Rams coach needs to find some way to get out of this situation.

Interesting you bring up the Clippers situation.  I have a lot of mixed feelings about what happened there.  The comments made by the owner were ignorant beyond measure, especially his racist comments.  He did have a valid point about Magic Johnson as a role model.  I feel like the NBA was wrong to react as they did, because you shouldn't be able to use illegally taped comments against someone.  I don't believe for one second he asked that his comments be taped.  I am suspicious that this was done to allow Magic Johnson to buy the team.  I would suggest that since this guy is already in his 80s, he sign the team over to his wife, and be done with it.  What will the NBA do then?  His wife didn't make those comments.  Who cares what Lebron James or any other player thinks about his family having ownership.  It is none of their business.  The comments are beyond defending, but the illegal recording and the way an illegal recording was used against him to me is worse.  I understand the NBA wanting rid of this guy, as it is harmful to the league, but people do have a right to believe a private conversation is private. 

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,087 posts

Blessings Butero....

My sentiments exactly,we are definitely on the same page in both situations,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it looks like it may go that way for the Clippers,the wife does want the team & is already an owner.....she is suggesting her estranged husband may have dimentia & that the NBA is being discriminatory /sexist......................?We will see what happens there

But this gay football player has really got me going...........I am sure he is not the only gay player in the league but to make a public spectacle of himself is ridiculous..............if he gets creamed on the field,seriously,,,,he asked for it...I mean,really? But that is not what concerns me,I think it is worse than the gay boy scout leader expose.....................role models for our youths,that is my issue,morality down the drain.Perversion,sin,abominations all being accepted & DISPLAYED!!!!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

tigger398

tigger398

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts

I saw that on tv. I was like, that's nasty. lol

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,598 posts

I saw that on the news.I have seen several same sex couples kissing on news stories lately.Not my cup of tea  :unsure: .

I saw that on tv. I was like, that's nasty. lol

Sometimes the simplest comment is the most apt.....I totally agree, Tigger. 

almightyist

almightyist
  • Members
  • 60 posts
Obama-nation is all delighted about the new AbomiNational Football League. Almighty God has never and will never change his view on the act or the consequences for the individuals supporting and engaging in these acts. Eternal punishment. A lot of people say it isn't a sin. It is worse than a sin...it is an abomination. Abortion is murder and homosexuality is an abomination. God bless America......yah.....right....who are we kidding.....we are on a spiritual down slide that will fulfill the words of the Holy Bible..we are blazing the path for the wrath of God...

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

This story is absolutely disgusting.  I can't see into the future, but I can tell you this.  If I am on the opposing team, and having to block this guy, I have extra motivation.  Who wants to be the guy who let the gay boy get the better of you.  Imagine the kidding you would take from your team mates?  I don't think this story has a happy ending, plus I have heard that scouts say he isn't good enough to make it in the NFL.  Even though the Rams coach said publically he will get no special treatment, and if he doesn't do well enough, he won't hesitate to cut him, I kind of doubt that will be allowed.  Ever seen that movie "The Longest Yard," with Burt Reynolds, and how the prison team dealt with the QB on the opposing team?  Just a thought for the Rams practice squad.  :cool2:

BTW, don't take me too serious with that last suggestion. 

Better be careful  :grin:

LadyKay

LadyKay

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts
I dont like football.

rjp34652

rjp34652

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Don't judge the sport?

A nationally broadcast kiss is the least of their problems.  Don't blame the sport?    EVERY NFL TEAM has members, or has had memberswho are convicted criminals.  Every single one!!!

Don't judge the sport?   You make me laugh.

Yet they are treated as the modern gladiators - worshipped and bedecked with glory and honor not for their morality, which they so obviously lack, but for their physical abilities.   It begins in colleges and universities with the advantages shown to those with athletic ability.  It's all about the money - how much a winning team can garner for the organization and how much the worshipping public can be milked out of their ever decreasing financial resources.

When was the last time you personally attended an NFL game?   The purchase of a hot dog and soft drink alone can break the normal budget of most folks, not to mention the obscene ticket price.    And you have to buy more than one don't you?

Drug use, criminal behavior, violence in public places all are at the forefront of NFL player behavior.   Nobody cares! A queer kiss is the least of their offenses, yet goes to the heart of what it means to be a man or a woman in the eyes of nature and God - if not man.  

The controversial kiss is a seal, if you will, of the immoral thinking that is destroying America.  

Don't judge the sport?   Really?  What then DO YOU judge?

IF GOD DOES NOT JUDGE AMERICA, HE WILL HAVE TO APOLOGIZE TO SODOM AND GOMORRAH.

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

coachyielding

coachyielding
  • Members
  • 5 posts

I was eating with my family at a restaurant when I saw it happen live, and I was absolutely disgusted.  Then that is all ESPN would show for the next week and a half.  They put all this gay pride in our face, and if we do not agree, then we are called out for it.  They want everyone to be open to everyone else, unless you are conservative Christian, then know one wants to hear from you.  This country is going down hill fast!

Site removed. Please don't post personal site addresses..

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,008 posts

I was eating with my family at a restaurant when I saw it happen live, and I was absolutely disgusted. 

Then that is all ESPN would show for the next week and a half. 

They put all this gay pride in our face, and if we do not agree, then we are called out for it. 

They want everyone to be open to everyone else,

unless you are conservative Christian, then know one wants to hear from you. 

This country is going down hill fast!

:thumbsup:

That's

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23

Football

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever. 1 John 2:15-17

Or Is It?

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters,since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. Colossians 3:23-24 (NIV)

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,598 posts
Don't judge the sport?

That's what I said.

You make me laugh.

Well, have at it; I hear laughter is good for a person.

Yet they are treated as the modern gladiators - worshipped and bedecked with glory and honor not for their morality, which they so obviously lack, but for their physical abilities.   It begins in colleges and universities with the advantages shown to those with athletic ability.  It's all about the money - how much a winning team can garner for the organization and how much the worshipping public can be milked out of their ever decreasing financial resources.

Yeah; did you just figure this out?

Don't judge the sport?   Really?  What then DO YOU judge?

Irrational, unintelligible discourse that is destined to be ignored.  :grin: 

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network