christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Why did English become the language of god?

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,858 posts

Okay, so it didn't, not exactly, but it's a good title.

The English language is the most widespread in the World. It is probably English speaking nations that are more responsible for spreading God's word than any other. After the Tower of Babel - what happened?

We're beginning to unite again under one common language but God does nothing to stop it.

Okay, so maybe we're setting ourselves up for a Satanic One-World government and that's why need a common language, but then again one common language means that the Bible can be preached everywhere, and more often than not - it's being done in English........

So what is going on?

Organic Medicine

Organic Medicine

• PipPip
  • 103 posts
I don't know that it is the 'language of God' ,but it was the language of Colonialism .The language

of the largest imperialist power since Rome ,and even more so . I do not agree with you that the

English were the people who spread God's word more than any other .I believe it was the Roman Church

who did that,as, until it went of the rails a bit,spread the 'word' of God for it's own sake,not

for power,and greed as did the English establishment,whose purpose ws not at all the souls of humanit

y but pure secular power. English is not popular among the peoples of the world,but is tolerated

for business,for capitalism.

Edited by Organic Medicine, 19 May 2014 - 05:46 AM.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,858 posts

I don't know that it is the 'language of God' ,but it was the language of Colonialism .The language

of the largest imperialist power since Rome ,and even more so . I do not agree with you that the

English were the people who spread God's word more than any other .I believe it was the Roman Church

who did that,as until it went of the rails a bit,spread the 'word' of God for it's own sake,not

for power,and greed as did the English establishment,whose purpose ws not at all the souls of humanit

y but pure secular power. English is not popular among the peoples of the world,but is tolerated

for business,for capitalism.

Popular, maybe not - as you say.

But widespread and apparently easy to learn? Yes.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

That is a good question.Why English   :noidea:  I guess I could speculate but I will not do that.I would love to know another language and be bilinqual but I am not.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,858 posts

That is a good question.Why English   :noidea:  I guess I could speculate but I will not do that.I would love to know another language and be bilinqual but I am not.

If anything the language of God should be Hebrew but even many Israelis speak English.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

If anything the language of God should be Hebrew but even many Israelis speak English.

Maybe that will be the language we will speak in heaven.

OldSchool2

OldSchool2

• Worthy Writers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts
In addition to being the international business language, English is the Mandated International Language of Aviation, probably in homage to the Wright Brothers being "first in flight".

Prior to the Enlightenment, English -- a Teutonic language -- was very French, but then it was flooded with Latin and Greek root words for scientific terms.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,858 posts

But will it be American English or British English? Canadian English, South African English or Australian English?

When I'm in heaven and I want my car refueled do I ask for gas or petrol? :laughing:

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

But will it be American English or British English? Canadian English, South African English or Australian English?

When I'm in heaven and I want my car refueled do I ask for gas or petrol? :laughing:

You won't need a car.We can go anywhere we want with lightning speed.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,858 posts

Yes, but do we explain where we are going in British or American? :mgbowtie:

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

Hebrew.Our intelligence will increase tremendously when we get to heaven.Why would we need to explain where we are going?We could probably speak any language that we wanted.So British is a foreign language?I can understand it......barely  :mgcheerful:

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,858 posts

Hebrew.Our intelligence will increase tremendously when we get to heaven.Why would we need to explain where we are going?We could probably speak any language that we wanted.So British is a foreign language?I can understand it......barely  :mgcheerful:

What did you say? I can't understand you. Speak English please.

You just said something about fries, apple pie, meatloaf, gasoline, faucets, jaywalking, cockney, Limeys, hoods and trunks, sidewalks, hillbillies, diapers and highways.

Didn't you mean to say, chips, apple pie (the same), meatloaf is a rock band, petrol, taps, (jaywalking? no such thing), Londoners, Brits, bonnets and boots, pavements, grockels, nappies and motorways?

I think you're speaking foreign now. I can't understand you........ :laughing: :lightbulb2: :biggrinflip:

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

Very beastly Mr. Oak the British bloke.What a blast regarding our wonderful American language.Cheerio  :mgcheerful:

Well...how did I do mate?

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,858 posts

Very beastly Mr. Oak the British bloke.What a blast regarding our wonderful American language.Cheerio  :mgcheerful:

Bloke. I bet that's a word you don't use often.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

Bloke. I bet that's a word you don't use often.

No...but I searched very carefully not to use many of those bad nasty words you use over there.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,622 posts
Did you know that when our founding fathers voted on what language to use in setting up our government German lost out to English by one vote.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,858 posts

Did you know that when our founding fathers voted on what language to use in setting up our government German lost out to English by one vote.

Wooh, close call.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

ja,sehr in der nahe.

Chris.

Chris.
  • Members
  • 98 posts
Maybe English began the process if becoming Gods language around about the same time Jesus of Middle Eastern descent began to be depicted as a pale man with long hair.

Edited by Chris., 19 May 2014 - 01:35 AM.

silviawang

silviawang

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

1-GOD bless America

2-it is easy to learn

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network