christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ummm...hi.

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

PurpleDee

PurpleDee
  • Members
  • 7 posts
Hi. I was looking around at forums tonight and thought yours looked safe and organized, lots of topics and members seems like a good community from what I've seen stalking it. Lol.
Anyway, I'm a Christian with a few very close friends of varying degrees of faith. My church is not large, and has few other moms like me. I'm looking for a place to share and grow, and perhaps loose some of my baggage.
Everyone's got it, but I find as Christians we hide the ugly bags lest others find us lacking. That is the one thing about us that makes me crazy! I believe we need each other to help us on our walk with Jesus, and we need to open the bags and deal with the stuff in there, but I'm afraid.
Jesus lives me, defends me, and God forgives me, but I'm not always sure how my church family feels about me.

Whoa! did I say that out loud?
Ya, too much too soon? Probably.
Sorry 'bout that. I may as well put it all out there right from the start.
Anyway, good night all, and I look forward to meaningful conversations.
D

gray wolf

gray wolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Welcome!

BeauJangles

BeauJangles

• PipPip
  • 185 posts

Hi, Dee. Welcome to Worthy! You're upfront, open-hearted, humble and honest. You've laid your cards on the table for all to see, so to speak. Your heart is troubled... Your mind is plagued by irrational thoughts. You need healing for your wounded soul and solace that only your Saviour can provide... The peace of God, that passes all understanding. You've come to the right place, dear sister. I understand the "baggage" aspect... And yeah, we all have events and trauma from the past that can haunt us. If we allow it to. The baggage in hand is yours to release and walk away from. There's also baggage that is shackled to you. And you're desperate to be free from the bondage in which you've become ensnared. This is no easy thing... I know. You've been victimized. Here is sanctuary. There's encouragement of the Word, prayer teams and godly counsel. It's yours for the asking... But it may take time, depending on the depth of your injuries. Right now, the Lord wants to embrace you with His presence. Allow Him to do that. He also wants to comfort you. Give Him permission. God bless you, Dee. There's already a multitude of prayers being offered up in your behalf. Trust in that. And most of all, trust in the Lord your God.  

Shalom,

David/BeauJangles  

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,194 posts

Welcome to Worthy! BeauJangles said it best!

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,030 posts

Welcome to Worthy.

*Zion*

*Zion*

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

Welcome PurpleDee, God bless you!

Logan

Logan

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Hi, welcome to worthy

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,073 posts

Welcome~!

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,146 posts

Welcome to Worthy.

Roy B.

Roy B.
  • Members
  • 11 posts

PurpleDee.  You've touch on some pretty deep issues that have the ability to hold Christians in bondage.  The good news, as you know, is that Christ has paid the price for our freedom. Jesus is in the business of setting the captives free. Welcome! 

Willamina

Willamina

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,853 posts
We can be pretty open here. Many have horrific past lifes, but we are all brand new in Christ. And those who are forgiven much, also love much. Sometimes even if we were not murderers and prostitutes, we have realized how loathsome the sins of self righteousness, pride, greed, hatred and unforgiveness are in His eyes, and know that they can be far worse than drug use, prostitution and murder. The subtle inward sins are the ones that can keep us from ever knowing and receiving Christ and His grace.
Love,
Willa

Hippie333

Hippie333

Veteran Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Welcome to WorthY !

coffeespiller87

coffeespiller87

Veteran Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

welcome to worthy.

PrairWarur

PrairWarur

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Welcome!

Shalom, PrairWarur

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network