christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Evolutionist Professor Goes Ballistic

• Please log in to reply
214 replies to this topic

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,049 posts
  • Interests:The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace. And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 - - - Love, Your Brother Joe

....A professor from the University of Connecticut went on a two-hour rant when he saw the campus evangelist. According to a report from Christian News, Professor James Boster got in the evangelist’s face and screamed things such as “I did not come from a monkey! I came from an ape!”

The evangelist reportedly stated, “[The professor] asked me if I had accepted Darwin as my lord and savior.” Professor Boster shouted profanities at the evangelist and then led a group of students in shouting, “Praise Darwin!” The report states that Boster “spent over two hours attempting to draw students away from several evangelists that were open-air preaching and distributing gospel literature on campus.” (Note: The article above includes a video of Boster’s antics, but there is a great amount of profanity, so we cannot recommend that you view it.)....

....Really, this professor’s actions illustrate Romans 1—that everyone knows that God exists, and those who deny God suppress the truth in unrighteousness. As this professor doesn’t believe in God, why should he even care what Christians believe? He only cares because it is a spiritual issue. Actually this is a good lesson for parents to teach their children—this professor became so emotional because the Bible is true!....

http://blogs.answers...d with Ken Ham)

~

As I See It, The Evolutionarily Mythos Promises Man Will Become Like Gods

How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit. Isaiah 14:12-15

Whereas Jesus Offers Man The Free Gift Of Becoming The Children Of God

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. Romans 8:15

Beloved, What Say Ye?

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,145 posts
  • Interests:Archery, painting, plants and animals, Medieval history

I've seen this video recently and if it's the one I think it is, then he really does lose it, much to his shame. Why bother losing your temper over such matters unless you know that you are wrong?

Organic Medicine

Organic Medicine

• PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Interests:History,reading ,nature
    people, French ,
    religion, God (Trinity)
    and His works
I am not looking at the video ,but having met some uneducated American evangelists,they do nothing for God' cause,and I am sure that they do much harm.
They give the impression that Christians are incapable of reasoned debate,and of having knowledge
other than the bible(as it is known)

If you go into the "wee flea" the website of a protestant scottish pastor,Peter Robertson,you will see how he thinks that the education of protestant evangelicals is sadly lacking in comparison to catholicism,and needs to be remedied. It is indeed a very interesting site for any christian who is a seeker.

"The wee flea" website of Peter Robertson,,minister of saint Peters Church,Dundee,Scotland .Superbly interesting .

Edited by Organic Medicine, 20 May 2014 - 05:34 PM.

Cobalt1959

Cobalt1959

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,520 posts
  • Interests:Christ, Family, Church, and computers, in that order.

I am not looking at the video ,but having met some uneducated American evangelists,they do nothing for God' cause,and I am sure that they do much harm.
They give the impression that Christians are incapable of reasoned debate,and of having knowledge

If you go into the "wee flea" the website of a protestant scottish pastor,Peter Robertson,you will see how he thinks that the education of protestant evangelicals is sadly lacking in comparison to catholicism,and needs to be remedied. It is indeed a very interesting site for any christian who is a seeker.

"The wee flea" website of Peter Robertson,,minister of saint Peters Church,Dundee,Scotland .Superbly interesting .

None of that excuses the Professor's behavior.  It was wrong and it should not have happened, especially for a group of so-called liberal-minded people who continually claim that they are full of tolerance for all views, beliefs and opinions.  But they clearly are not when it comes to Christianity.  They are only tolerant of other amoral or secular viewpoints.

If he were truly secure in his beliefs, he wouldn't need to behave this way, and a group of Evangelists would not bother him at all.  He quite obviously feels threatened by them. It has nothing to do with their education or lack of it. 

*Zion*

*Zion*

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts
  • Interests:The Kingdom of God.

Tell that to Peter and John who healed Amos the beggar at the Beautiful Gate of the Temple:

Acts 3

Now Peter and John were going up to the temple at the hour of prayer, the ninth hour (three o’clock in the afternoon),

[When] a certain man crippled from his birth was being carried along, who was laid each day at that gate of the temple [which is] called Beautiful, so that he might beg for charitable gifts from those who entered the temple.

So when he saw Peter and John about to go into the temple, he asked them to give him a gift.

And Peter directed his gaze intently at him, and so did John, and said, Look at us!

And [the man] paid attention to them, expecting that he was going to get something from them.

But Peter said, Silver and gold (money) I do not have; but what I do have, that I give to you: in [the[a]use of] the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk!

Then he took hold of the man’s right hand with a firm grip and raised him up. And at once his feet and ankle bones became strong and steady,

And leaping forth he stood and [b]began to walk, and he went into the temple with them, walking and leaping and praising God.

Acts 4

And while they [Peter and John] were talking to the people, the high priests and the military commander of the temple and the Sadducees came upon them,

13 Now when they saw the boldness and unfettered eloquence of Peter and John and perceived that they were unlearned and untrained in the schools [common men with no educational advantages], they marveled; and they recognized that they had been with Jesus.

14 And since they saw the man who had been cured standing there beside them, they could not contradict the fact or say anything in opposition.

Blessings!

Tolken

Tolken

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Organic Medicine - I am not looking at the video ,but having met some uneducated American evangelists,they do nothing for God' cause,and I am sure that they do much harm.  They give the impression that Christians are incapable of reasoned debate,and of having knowledge other than the bible(as it is known)

"We may preach with all the fervor of a reformer and yet succeed only in winning a straggler here and there, if we permit the while collective thought of the nation or of the world to be controlled by ideas which, by the resistless force of logic, prevent Christianity from being regarded as anything more than a harmless delusion. Under such circumstances, what God desires us to do is to destroy the obstacle at its root ... What is today matter of academic speculation begins tomorrow to move armies and pull down empires. In that second stage, it has gone too far to be combated; the time to stop is was when it was still a matter of impassioned debate. So as Christians we should try to mold the thought of the world in such a way as to make the acceptance of Christianity something more than a logical absurdity ... What more pressing duty than for those who have received the mighty experience of regeneration, who, therefore, do not, like the world, neglect that whole series of vitally relevant facts which is embraced in Christian experience— what more pressing duty than for these men to make themselves masters of the thought of the world in order ot make it an instrument of truth instead of error." 
J Gresham Machen

jdxp

jdxp
  • Members
  • 27 posts

....A professor from the University of Connecticut went on a two-hour rant when he saw the campus evangelist. According to a report from Christian News, Professor James Boster got in the evangelist’s face and screamed things such as “I did not come from a monkey! I came from an ape!”

The evangelist reportedly stated, “[The professor] asked me if I had accepted Darwin as my lord and savior.” Professor Boster shouted profanities at the evangelist and then led a group of students in shouting, “Praise Darwin!” The report states that Boster “spent over two hours attempting to draw students away from several evangelists that were open-air preaching and distributing gospel literature on campus.” (Note: The article above includes a video of Boster’s antics, but there is a great amount of profanity, so we cannot recommend that you view it.)....

....Really, this professor’s actions illustrate Romans 1—that everyone knows that God exists, and those who deny God suppress the truth in unrighteousness. As this professor doesn’t believe in God, why should he even care what Christians believe? He only cares because it is a spiritual issue. Actually this is a good lesson for parents to teach their children—this professor became so emotional because the Bible is true!....

~

How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit. Isaiah 14:12-15

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. Romans 8:15

Beloved, What Say Ye?

No, the "evolutionary mythos" doesn't promise anything of the kind. How could something often here purported to be a tool of atheist indoctrination promise something so contrary to itself?

I've seen this video recently and if it's the one I think it is, then he really does lose it, much to his shame. Why bother losing your temper over such matters unless you know that you are wrong?

A man loses his temper because he thinks he's right, not because he knows he's wrong.

*Zion*

*Zion*

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts
  • Interests:The Kingdom of God.

~

Beloved, What Say Ye?

No, the "evolutionary mythos" doesn't promise anything of the kind. How could something often here purported to be a tool of atheist indoctrination promise something so contrary to itself?

A man loses his temper because he thinks he's right, not because he knows he's wrong.

Equally likely in both instances.

Cobalt1959

Cobalt1959

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,520 posts
  • Interests:Christ, Family, Church, and computers, in that order.

People get angry when they are confronted with the wrongness of their beliefs.  It happens all the time.  Your assertion is false.  When a debate displays holes that are too large for the other party to fill in quickly, that creates cognitive dissonance and that often creates anger.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,049 posts
  • Interests:The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace. And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 - - - Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Beloved, Of Course

"What sorrow awaits those who argue with their Creator. Does a clay pot argue with its maker? Does the clay dispute with the one who shapes it, saying, 'Stop, you're doing it wrong!' Does the pot exclaim, 'How clumsy can you be?' Isaiah 45:9 (NLT)

It Does

How foolish can you be? He is the Potter, and he is certainly greater than you, the clay! Should the created thing say of the one who made it, "He didn't make me"? Does a jar ever say, "The potter who made me is stupid"? Isaiah 29:16 (NIT]

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,145 posts

~

Beloved, What Say Ye?

Your wording in this case is probably better than mine. Although sometimes people do know that they are wrong but their denial and cowardice to admit it can also cause them to lose their tempers.

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts
  • Interests:My Heavenly Father,Jesus Christ,the Holy Spirit,the Bible,people,all Gods creatures(great,small & furry),from the sublime to the ridiculous,learning in general,artwork,animal trainer,cooking & eating,laughing

Blessings to All....

Wow,I saw the video & this professor certainly has difficulty with self control and displayed some really bad behavior,very angry & hostile....even his threatening posture was just unacceptable .I understand that UConn was very apologetic & embarrassed by the professors use of profanity & unprovoked outburst,stating that anyone has the right of freedom of speech on campus grounds and even if the prof disagreed with what the evangelists were saying ,it does not justify his actions......

What stood out most to me was how he desperately tried to incite the onlooking students & provoke them to anger......he tried to say he was acting in defense of his students against the evangelists attacking their lifestyle,condemning them to hell,accusing them of wickedness,fornication etc.....In reality,the evangelists were sharing Romans 3:23,not focusing on anyone but that WE ALL fall short of the Glory of God......this is a good example that we do not fight against flesh & blood but against principalities,rulers of darkness.......

The enemy went ballistic & the blind professor just followed along,submitting himself to every thought put in his head,,,with no resistance.It is Gods Truth that if you are not serving God then you serve the devil,I do hope we will all pray that the Lord will have Mercy,draw him unto Himself and in Jesus Name,he has ears to hear & his hardened heart be convicted by the Power of the Holy Spirit!The god of this world is at work today

With love -in Christ,Kwik

ProzacR

ProzacR
  • Members
  • 40 posts

First class scientist always maintain healthy amount of doubt in science and thinks how it can be improved.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,145 posts

Blessings to All....

Wow,I saw the video & this professor certainly has difficulty with self control and displayed some really bad behavior,very angry & hostile....even his threatening posture was just unacceptable .I understand that UConn was very apologetic & embarrassed by the professors use of profanity & unprovoked outburst,stating that anyone has the right of freedom of speech on campus grounds and even if the prof disagreed with what the evangelists were saying ,it does not justify his actions......

What stood out most to me was how he desperately tried to incite the onlooking students & provoke them to anger......he tried to say he was acting in defense of his students against the evangelists attacking their lifestyle,condemning them to hell,accusing them of wickedness,fornication etc.....In reality,the evangelists were sharing Romans 3:23,not focusing on anyone but that WE ALL fall short of the Glory of God......this is a good example that we do not fight against flesh & blood but against principalities,rulers of darkness.......

The enemy went ballistic & the blind professor just followed along,submitting himself to every thought put in his head,,,with no resistance.It is Gods Truth that if you are not serving God then you serve the devil,I do hope we will all pray that the Lord will have Mercy,draw him unto Himself and in Jesus Name,he has ears to hear & his hardened heart be convicted by the Power of the Holy Spirit!The god of this world is at work today

With love -in Christ,Kwik

He also might have felt that his job was threatened. Can't have nasty Christians putting him out of work, can we?

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts
  • Interests:My Heavenly Father,Jesus Christ,the Holy Spirit,the Bible,people,all Gods creatures(great,small & furry),from the sublime to the ridiculous,learning in general,artwork,animal trainer,cooking & eating,laughing

Blessings Oak...

Come to think of it,I didn't read anywhere that he expressed any remorse for his actions ,,,only defensive statements& excuses without apology.It was UConn that was apologetic,,,,,

With love-in Christ,Kwik

jdxp

jdxp
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Beloved, Of Course

It Does

I'm done.

Joshua-777

Joshua-777

Royal Member

• Worthy Prayer Partner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,921 posts
  • Interests:Learning to love Jesus with all my heart, soul, and mind, and learning to love my neighbor as myself.

I saw that video a while back. The professor claimed in a comment that he had respect for Christians and said that he knows that Christians do a lot of good for the world but the reason why he acted out was to give them a taste of their own medicine. They went on a collage campus yelling at students and rebuking them for believing in evolution. The professor said when the evangelist called someone in the crowd a sinner and said he was going to hell, that's when the professor lost it. 

Not sure what I believe on this one because I have seen evangelists bring condemnation and rebuke causing more damage than good.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,049 posts

~

Beloved, Of Course

"What sorrow awaits those who argue with their Creator. Does a clay pot argue with its maker? Does the clay dispute with the one who shapes it, saying, 'Stop, you're doing it wrong!' Does the pot exclaim, 'How clumsy can you be?' Isaiah 45:9 (NLT)

It Does

How foolish can you be? He is the Potter, and he is certainly greater than you, the clay! Should the created thing say of the one who made it, "He didn't make me"? Does a jar ever say, "The potter who made me is stupid"? Isaiah 29:16 (NIT]

~

Beloved, Of Course

It Does

I'm done.

:thumbsup:

Beloved, The Stripping Of God's Words Out Of The Mouth Of His Children Is Very Telling

And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day. Genesis 1:31

And I Believe, The Primary Intention Of

But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. 1 Corinthians 15:20

The Evolutionary

For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
1 Corinthians 15:21-22

Priesthood

I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images. Isaiah 42:8

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,049 posts

I saw that video a while back.

The professor claimed in a comment that he had respect for Christians

and said that he knows that Christians do a lot of good for the world

but the reason why he acted out was to give them a taste of their own medicine.

They went on a collage campus yelling at students and rebuking them for believing in evolution.

The professor said when the evangelist called someone in the crowd a sinner and said he was going to hell, that's when the professor lost it.

:thumbsup:

This UConn's Professor Turned Pagan Priest Surely Lost It

And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day. Genesis 1:31

A Long Time Before This Day Of The Evangelist

But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.
Matthew 15:18-20

Where The Word Of God Stood

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

And Jesus Was Offered

Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. 2 Corinthians 5:20

And The Sinner

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Romans 3:23

Is Shamed

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23

Poor Unwise Little Professor

Of sin, because they believe not on me; John 16:9

~

PS: Evolution Is By It's Very Design (And Words)

Yea, hath God said, Genesis 3:1(c )

....praising Darwin's ideas as an alternative to religious revelation and promoting ideas anticipating social Darwinism and eugenics, http://en.wikipedia....igin_of_Species

Both Racist

And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living. Genesis 3:20

And Anti-Christ

He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. 1 John 3:8

jerryR34

jerryR34

Veteran Member

• Nonbeliever
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts
This post is pointless. This professor's response has no more commentary on the validity of evolution than does the actions of Dena Schlosser on Christianity.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network