christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What are some valuable lessons you've learned?

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

Bethany

Bethany

• Platinum Member
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Just was sitting around today and thinking--I wonder what the people in Worthy would answer....

For those who have been walking with Christ for awhile now, what do you think is the most valuable lesson you've learned thus far in life?

You can give more than one if you want. :) I won't count....

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,631 posts

It's Between

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6

And

What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me?
I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD.
Psalms 116:12-13

Summed Up By

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Psalms 23:1-3

Trust Jesus

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

1e44e9ad25054cbcca160743eca77589.jpg

Bethany

Bethany

• Platinum Member
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Ah--I just quoted Corrie Ten Boom in Chat too! :) 

ayin jade

ayin jade

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,547 posts

About 10 yrs ago, while I was writing up a reply to a post on another forum, to an unbeliever, I remember thinking at the 2 hr mark "why is this so hard?"

What I felt the Lord tell me right then was "If you had studied the bible all these years like you should have done, this wouldnt be so hard."

I didnt like that reply. 

Thoroughly chastened. And yet still a bit lazy ... a lot lazy ... when it comes to studying the bible.

*Zion*

*Zion*

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

I have learned that the Lord is the only one we can ever trust completely.  Even the best meaning person will fail us, but God never has or will!

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,469 posts

Never lick a steak knife, no matter how good the gravy tastes.....

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,409 posts

Never and I repeat never, if you have Parkinson's do the following when attending a tea party.,,,,,, :26:

Take a plate of scones with clotted cream and in the other hand hold a tea cup and saucer, 

Then proceed to try and shake hands while trying to juggle both of them. 

The result can be disastrous, the clotted cream will end up on the carpet   :rolleyes:  :help:

Just on a side note, the clotted cream with nonchalance was slowly rubbed into the carpet with one's shoe .  :whistling:  :sneaking:

On a return visit for tea one's eye immediately dropped to see if the mark had been removed.

I am happy to inform you that the corgi's had done a good job  :sherlock:

Bethany

Bethany

• Platinum Member
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

About 10 yrs ago, while I was writing up a reply to a post on another forum, to an unbeliever, I remember thinking at the 2 hr mark "why is this so hard?"

What I felt the Lord tell me right then was "If you had studied the bible all these years like you should have done, this wouldnt be so hard."

I didnt like that reply. 

Thoroughly chastened. And yet still a bit lazy ... a lot lazy ... when it comes to studying the bible.

Ya--I've been convicted of this about a few months ago...became very serious about studying the Bible. :) Good lesson 

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,583 posts

Pride - too much of it.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,041 posts

Except for a very few who God has chosen, all one needs to know about spiritual warfare you can find in the book of Ephesians.....    you do not need to know the inner workings of the dark side to fight them....   you could never in all eternity win a fight with them by yourself.....   and if you are not by yourself, you don't need any other information.

I went through a living hell to be able to inform you of that little tidbit of wisdom...

Parker1

Parker1

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,098 posts

Without Christ I can do nothing of any worth.

Trust and obey.

GOD is faithful if I am faithful/

Willamina

Willamina

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
To lean heavily on Christ, trusting Him with every detail of my life.
To rejoice in Christ, to come before Him with thanksgiving and into His courts with praise.
To come boldly to the throne of grace.
To allow Christ to live in me to love and forgive others.
To not think of myself more highly than I ought.
To continually live in God's presence.

These are things I have learned but continue to grow in as I practice them.

fire-heart

fire-heart

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

What I have learned? hmm... I have learned a lot I've learned that no matter what a person has done or what they what they act like and especially what they look like its not my place to look down upon them because I myself am a sinner as well.

I have learned how God sees ppl, how deeply he cares for even the most vile person. How he sees each person as a treasure more beautiful that heaven, more important to him  than his throne and recieving glory and praise and I have learned who he is. Ever since I learned this i knew I wanted to be exactly like that and would accept nothing less.

So i guess you could say I have taken a peek into the heart of God and that little peek taught me so much

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,731 posts

Blessings Bethany...

Ah,so many valuable lessons I have learned(so far).......I don't know where to begin but just to mention a few,I will list 10.......

1-Keep God First,above everything  & everyone

2-Praise God in all things & to Him be ALL Glory

3-Knowledge gets in the way of Wisdom

4-His Grace is sufficient

5-If the Holy Spirit does not move me to speak.....be quiet!

6-Remember always.....Whom I represent

7-Do all things in Love

8-Never accuse anyone(even my own eyes can deceive me)

9-When tho "kick the dust off my feet"

10- Don't block the Blessings

Every one of these 10 things I have learned comes with a Testimony that was for my good & to God be the Glory,after a half a century I have learned many more lessons and my hope is that they will all Bless someone and reflect the image of Jesus Christ,Praise the Lord!

With love-in Christ-Kwik

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,469 posts

Never and I repeat never, if you have Parkinson's do the following when attending a tea party.,,,,,, :26:

Take a plate of scones with clotted cream and in the other hand hold a tea cup and saucer, 

The result can be disastrous, the clotted cream will end up on the carpet   :rolleyes:  :help:

Just on a side note, the clotted cream with nonchalance was slowly rubbed into the carpet with one's shoe .  :whistling:  :sneaking:

On a return visit for tea one's eye immediately dropped to see if the mark hand been removed.

I happy to inform you that the corgi's had done a good job  :sherlock:

You live an interesting life Nigel!

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

One of the keys to happiness is to have exceptance of yourself.

Sevenseas

Sevenseas

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,990 posts

On a return visit for tea one's eye immediately dropped to see if the mark had been removed.

I am happy to inform you that the corgi's had done a good job  :sherlock:

clotted cream...yummmmm....good for the Corgis LOL!

Well, one thing I have learned big time is it's just really really bad for you to go ahead of God and not wait for Him even if you think He is not answering you

coheir

coheir

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts
cor·gi  noun \ˈkr-gē\
plural corgis
Definition of CORGI
Origin of CORGI
Welsh, from cor dwarf + ci dog
First Known Use: 1926
Rhymes with CORGI
this is what i found on Merriam-Webster so Im still lost to this word meaning

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,409 posts

cor·gi  noun \ˈkr-gē\
plural corgis

Definition of CORGI
Origin of CORGI
Welsh, from cor dwarf + ci dog
First Known Use: 1926

NOUN (plural corgis) A dog of a short-legged breed with a fox like head.

The corgi's origin is difficult to trace.

They can be traced back to a 11th-century manuscript of a Welsh cattle dog.

It is however, difficult to prove if this is the Corgi we know today.

All I can add is, that they do appear to have a liking for clotted cream.  :whistling:

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network