christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hello from a Baha'i from Germany :)

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

Sim_Bahai

Sim_Bahai
  • Nonbeliever
  • 13 posts

Hello,

Gliding Wings told me about this forum, so I thought I'd take a look and see how it is here. :)

I'm from Berlin, Germany and my native language is German, so please forgive me for language errors.

I was baptized as member of the Evangelische Kirche (the mainstream Protestant church in Germany, mostly Lutheran) but grew up more or less as an atheist. Only later, in my 20s, I made a few experiences that started my journey. Three years ago, I finally joined the Baha'i faith.

So I am not Christian, but Baha'i. I hope this is no problem for you; if it is, please let me know. I hope to learn more about Christianity here, to understand better the similarities and differences to my faith. Also, I hope to connect with other believers, because my environment here in Berlin is very atheist. In my opinion, we all worship the same God, and we Baha'i believe Jesus was a divine messenger too, so there should be a basis to connect. :)

So, I am looking forward to reading from you.

Sim

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,794 posts

Welcome to Worthy.

As you say you are not a Christian I have changed your membership to nonbeliever 

I pray you can learn the truth. 

Joh 3:16  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Jesus said, 

Joh 14:6  Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. 

Baha'u'llah claimed to be a prophet , he claimed to be the second coming of Christ and this is a false teaching.

He was a false prophet. 

I pray that you will read the TRUE WORD,  the bible and not the teachings from Bahai'i books. 

God bless you, 

and again welcome to Worthy. 

Nigel. (ncn chat servant) 

fire-heart

fire-heart

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Hello,

Gliding Wings told me about this forum, so I thought I'd take a look and see how it is here. :)

I'm from Berlin, Germany and my native language is German, so please forgive me for language errors.

I was baptized as member of the Evangelische Kirche (the mainstream Protestant church in Germany, mostly Lutheran) but grew up more or less as an atheist. Only later, in my 20s, I made a few experiences that started my journey. Three years ago, I finally joined the Baha'i faith.

So I am not Christian, but Baha'i. I hope this is no problem for you; if it is, please let me know. I hope to learn more about Christianity here, to understand better the similarities and differences to my faith. Also, I hope to connect with other believers, because my environment here in Berlin is very atheist. In my opinion, we all worship the same God, and we Baha'i believe Jesus was a divine messenger too, so there should be a basis to connect. :)

Sim

welcome my friend:] I have never heard of your faith but all are welcome here:] after you make five posts you gain access to most of the forum. I like your objective to being here im not sure what connections you may or may not find but it should educational at the very least

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,883 posts

Welcome to Worthy.

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,184 posts

Blessings  Sim,,,,,

Welcome to Worthy....all are welcome to come & hear the Good News,the Word of God.......that Jesus is the Way,the Truth & the Life...the Only Way to come to Father & be Saved by His Grace,Only through Faith in Jesus Christ.So there is not any basis to connect there,,,,,,Jesus "was" not a Divine Messenger ...He IS our living Redeemer,He IS the I AM........HE LIVES

The connect we do have is that Jesus died so that you should not perish as well as I ,for both of our sins & the sins of mankind,,,,,He rose on the 3rd day so that we too can be resurrected & have everlasting life...He loves you & offers you the same thing as He offered to me,Himself,,,,,as our Lord & Savior

God bless you,we welcome your questions & pray you will receive Gods Timeless Truth at the foot of the cross....Glory to God!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

BTW,,,Gliding Wings is a good friend of mine,our Brother in Christ,so glad he invited you here to join us!

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

Hi Sim,you are welcome here on Worthy and it is nice to have you with us.I am not familiar with Baha'i.It would be nice if you told me more about the religion that you believe in.Please do ask any questions you may have about Christianity and God.

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,659 posts

Hello,

Sim

In my opinion, we all worship the same God, and we Baha'i believe Jesus was a divine messenger too, so there should be a basis to connect.

Welcome to Worthy. Two points with regard to the above comment. We do not serve the "same" God. Christians serve the only true God. As secondly, Jesus was not a "divine messenger", He was God incarnate, and is part of the Trinity of Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

coffeespiller87

coffeespiller87

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Hi and welcome to Worthy. I  hope you come to know Jesus as Lord and Savior. 

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,110 posts

Welcome~!

P_W

P_W

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Welcome!

Peace to you,

PrairWarur

WindPainter

WindPainter
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Hi!  I'm new here, too.  My mom just helped me sign up today!  I took German in school in 9th grade and learned the basics.  I can at least ask where the food and the bed is in German.  That's about all I remember.   I don't know anything about the Baha'i religion and never heard of it.  I just know about Christianity though and I love being a Christian!  I hope you can learn something more about it, too.

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,719 posts
Welcome to Worthy!!
How may I ask do you rationalize following the teaching of Jesus, which is all forgiveness and love with those of Muhammed, Krishna, Zoroaster and the others of your faith? There is none like Jesus and to put Him in the same category of "religion" cannot be!!
Jesus is alive and the others are dead. Why would you follow the teachings of dead men as opposed to the living Son Who is God of very God. The one who died for you so that you could have eternal life. What have all the others done for you today? They are dead and cannot hear your prayer, nor can they answer you.
Turn to the One who loved you before you were born and loves you so much that He died that you might be free and have eternal life through Him.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network