Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Why should I become Christian when ...

25 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

If our friend is still coming back here, and found a way to deal with all that was being said to him and about what he holds true, I would like to express the following. Some of us had made a long journey before arriving at the feet of Jesus. For me, it was probably the last place to go after everything else. Of all the other spiritual traditions, none provided such a power and serenity as Jesus, not as a prophet, but as Who He says He really is.

Sim_Bahai, please understand what many have stated they must express since they are taking care of the forum. Otherwise the whole place had been flooded over by all possible beliefs. And thus, as said, those not so firmly yet rooted in Christ, whom we consider our bedrock of Salvation, might lose what they have got.

I know there are myriad different perceptions, and even among the same faith. For us Christians, born of the Spirit, yet still fully human, we don't always agree with each others, but we do rely on God's Word. The fundamentals apply. 

Although much of what has been said may feel emotionally tough to deal with, because there are so many who have sternly come forward about the position we hold true, in contrast to yours, I can promise you in our hearts, we greatly care for your wellbeing, especially that of spiritual, not neglecting the physical either. There certainly are parts in both of our faiths which help us to relate to each other.

I know because of what you have felt in the Bahai faith, you have a reason to consider it to be of substance. I searched the truth in many different paths, and got many supernatural experiences. I've seen things which do not have words in any human language as far as I know. To this day, I still do not know what many of the things were about that I saw. To put short, being able get out of the body opened such strange windows to this reality. BUT, was it what God intended me to do? Whenever it has to do with supernatural, special caution must be made. I am not that familiar with the supernatural of Bahai belief, and we better not discuss it here, All I can say, is I found myself deceived, in a most convenient way. Many think the evil is outwardly appalling, but as the Bible states, Lucifer was an angel of light. A master of masquerading, and a teller of lies.

I do not intend to attack you in any way. But many things I hold true were crushed when Jesus came into my life. And I felt extremely free. This is my personal experience, but there are many others who have gone through the same. There is just this power in His name. From the outside, it can be difficult to understand why would it be superior to other faiths. But because we know the power that resides in Him, we believe. There was a time I was so full of despise against Christianity, that was it not due to His power, I could never have come to Him.

You, if you ever come read these words, may find it difficult to relate to what anyone here has said, or at least to take it in to your heart. I understand that, even the people who witnessed Jesus' works before crucifixion exclaimed it's harsh words He spoke. What I recommend for you, is to find someone who had advance in the Bahai faith, but later on found Jesus and chose to follow Him. Because they would be able to explain the whole thing in a way you can more easily understand. It's not that we cannot understand things intellectually, but taking things into our hearts is what makes the difference.

Hopefully, you are still around. I am more than happy, if you will discuss things further, if by not other means, then privately.

Be most blessed, in Jesus' name.

If our friend is still coming back here, and found a way to deal with all that was being said to him and about what he holds true, I would like to express the following. Some of us had made a long journey before arriving at the feet of Jesus. For me, it was probably the last place to go after everything else. Of all the other spiritual traditions, none provided such a power and serenity as Jesus, not as a prophet, but as Who He says He really is.

Sim_Bahai, please understand what many have stated they must express since they are taking care of the forum. Otherwise the whole place had been flooded over by all possible beliefs. And thus, as said, those not so firmly yet rooted in Christ, whom we consider our bedrock of Salvation, might lose what they have got.

I know there are myriad different perceptions, and even among the same faith. For us Christians, born of the Spirit, yet still fully human, we don't always agree with each others, but we do rely on God's Word. The fundamentals apply. 

Although much of what has been said may feel emotionally tough to deal with, because there are so many who have sternly come forward about the position we hold true, in contrast to yours, I can promise you in our hearts, we greatly care for your wellbeing, especially that of spiritual, not neglecting the physical either. There certainly are parts in both of our faiths which help us to relate to each other.

I know because of what you have felt in the Bahai faith, you have a reason to consider it to be of substance. I searched the truth in many different paths, and got many supernatural experiences. I've seen things which do not have words in any human language as far as I know. To this day, I still do not know what many of the things were about that I saw. To put short, being able get out of the body opened such strange windows to this reality. BUT, was it what God intended me to do? Whenever it has to do with supernatural, special caution must be made. I am not that familiar with the supernatural of Bahai belief, and we better not discuss it here, All I can say, is I found myself deceived, in a most convenient way. Many think the evil is outwardly appalling, but as the Bible states, Lucifer was an angel of light. A master of masquerading, and a teller of lies.

I do not intend to attack you in any way. But many things I hold true were crushed when Jesus came into my life. And I felt extremely free. This is my personal experience, but there are many others who have gone through the same. There is just this power in His name. From the outside, it can be difficult to understand why would it be superior to other faiths. But because we know the power that resides in Him, we believe. There was a time I was so full of despise against Christianity, that was it not due to His power, I could never have come to Him.

You, if you ever come read these words, may find it difficult to relate to what anyone here has said, or at least to take it in to your heart. I understand that, even the people who witnessed Jesus' works before crucifixion exclaimed it's harsh words He spoke. What I recommend for you, is to find someone who had advance in the Bahai faith, but later on found Jesus and chose to follow Him. Because they would be able to explain the whole thing in a way you can more easily understand. It's not that we cannot understand things intellectually, but taking things into our hearts is what makes the difference.

Hopefully, you are still around. I am more than happy, if you will discuss things further, if by not other means, then privately.

Be most blessed, in Jesus' name.

You wrote a really nice thing and you write so kindly. I am envious of how good your gift is that way.

Actually my first memories of christians were an accepting kind bunch of people that helped me up but never told me anything about me was worthless and they respected my views. After they met me they let me work that out for myself when i saw something in their life I badly wanted to emulate in mine and they allowed me gently to understand sin, grace and salvation over time and there was no urgency. For me and many of my non christian school friends it gave us a very high opinion of those people and they became life long friends and they achieved my salvation using tolerance and kindness to my non christian self. Even though I knew their single mindedness about Christ being the only way to God the father their love made me not question it or care.  It took time gentleness and love of people to reach me.

Edited by Chris.

Posted · Report post

The tone of this thread is... unfortunate. And we wonder why people who aren't Believers don't stay here long at Worthy.

The tone of this thread is... unfortunate. And we wonder why people who aren't Believers don't stay here long at Worthy.

I read the first couple of pages and thought he could have had a much warmer welcome. I have never met a person yet who became a christian from being told his beliefs are worthless and everything he is doing is wrong on the first encounter with a christian but I bet hell is populated by many people who had that said to them.. I really wish people wouldn't do it because it achieves nothing more than resentment towards us.

Edited by Chris.

Posted · Report post

I read the first couple of pages and thought he could have had a much warmer welcome. I have never met a person yet who became a christian from being told his beliefs are worthless and everything he is doing is wrong on the first encounter with a christian but I bet hell is populated by many people who had that said to them.. I really wish people wouldn't do it because it achieves nothing more than resentment towards us.

Hell is populated more by people who thought they were good people and were coddled in their unbelief by Christians who didn't love them enough to tell them the truth about their spiritual condition.   Hell is full of good people who believe they were good enough to deserve heaven on the basis of personal merit. 

No one has mistreated anyone on this thread.  But the truth can't be sugar coated anymore.  We have too many people afraid to tell the truth because in this postmodern world, feelings are more important than facts or truth.

Posted · Report post

I am of the opinion that as there is no verifiable evidence to prove a deity exists all faiths have equal status.

Hi, JJ.

Aren't creation itself, miracles, healings, and resurrection from the dead not enough evidence for you that the God of Abraham, of Isaac, of Jacob, and of Christians exists?    Aren't those things amazing?

So you won't mind if I do not sugar coat my answers to you ,Shiloh. Maybe one day you will need God' mercy for the wrongs you have done .It is not about 'sugar coating but about doing God's work and not bringing your own pre formed ideas into the equation. It seems to me you need a brush up on the New Testament,while knowing the old one . If the old one informs the new ,even better is the new one, to understand,as it is the one you need now.

Hell is populated more by people who thought they were good people and were coddled in their unbelief by Christians who didn't love them enough to tell them the truth about their spiritual condition.   Hell is full of good people who believe they were good enough to deserve heaven on the basis of personal merit. 

No one has mistreated anyone on this thread.  But the truth can't be sugar coated anymore.  We have too many people afraid to tell the truth because in this postmodern world, feelings are more important than facts or truth.

Posted · Report post

~

Running Away

So if the Good News that we tell others is covered with a veil, it is hidden from those who are dying. The god of this world has blinded the minds of those who don't believe. As a result, they don't see the light of the Good News about Christ's glory. It is Christ who is God's image. 2 Corinthians 4:3-4 (GWT)

And Yet The Truth Still Calls

I, Jesus, have sent my angel to testify these things to you for the assemblies. I am the root and the offspring of David; the Bright and Morning Star." Revelation 22:16 (WEB)

Come Sinner,

And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. Revelation 22:17 (WEB)

Come

"Come to me, all you who labor and are heavily burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28 (WEB)

Posted · Report post

As difficult as it may be to accept, what Shiloh says is the truth. We are too busy sugar coating the bare truth in order to make people happy. We are not here to make people happy, we are here to point them to the truth through which true joy actually comes. 

Posted · Report post

Okay, I am a bit angry, I have to admit. I took a lot of effort to register here, and after the first posting, when I introduced myself, saying I am not Christian but Baha'i, I got that "welcome":

I was told I am an "unbeliever" (which I am not!), that my religion sucks, is even evil perhaps (our prophet was called a "false prophet") and that they will pray for my soul that I will see "the truth". Then the moderator put me on "unbeliever" status, so I could no longer reply in that thread.

I never had a welcome on any other forum that was remotely that rude.

Is that really the image you Christian folks want to give members of different religions of Christianity? "At the fruits you will recognize them", Jesus said. Are that the fruits your kind of Christianity is bearing? I assumed Jesus taught about love, friendship and hospitality first, not about judging and ostracizing people.

If you want to convince "unbelievers" to "see the truth", maybe you should really work on your attitude. Because at least me, you will not convince with that fanatic attitude. On the contrary. I once again was confirmed that it was right not to become Christian.

Baha'u'llah said that the purpose of religion is peace, unity and harmony, and when a faith instead results in fanaticism, bigotry and hatred, "it would be a truly religious act to renounce such a faith". Think about it, and think about why so many people seem to have a problem with Christians these days.

Welcome to worthy Sim_Bahai. I'm glad you've come here.

As many before me have posted, you were labeled an unbeliever because this is a Christian site and you are not a Christian. Please understand that they were not claiming that you didn't hold any beliefs in anything, but that you are not a believer in Christianity . So there was no rudeness on their part in this. I'm not judging or hating you. Matthew 7:1-5, John 14:6, and John 3:16-17 are some scripture from the Holy Bible.

Matthew 7:1-5

You shall not judge, lest you be judged. For with the judgement that you judge, you will be judged, and with the measure that you measure, it will be measured to you. Why do you notice a chip that is in your brother's eye, and you do not observe the plank that is in your own eye?Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me cast out the chip from your eye', and behold a plank is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First cast out the plank from your eye, and then you will see to cast out the chip from your brother's eye.

In response to your post I must stand up for God and say that His Christianity is full of love. God shows his love for us as people through the salvation he provides us through Jesus Christ. As for Christians, how many Christian charities are there that travel to almost every country on Earth? Quite a lot, and we don't even just help each other, but we help people outside of our faith as well. To be honest, even more than charity, the nicest thing we can do for anyone is to help lead them to God. 

John 14:6

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Some people are seeming to have anger towards Christians these days because some of those people seem to want to live by the ways the world or by any path they want rather than God's path. I hope that God leads you to Him and His gift of salvation.  Know that God loves you.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 

Excellent answer,but just one thing. Not all christians are charitable,nor give a good account of their Saviour teachings. If it were so there would be no major problems in what are mainly historically christian societies. There would not be ignorance,povery war .The Kingdom of God is not here mainly because of bad christians,not others,who often cause no harm to the west ,but are pilaged for their oïl etc for greedy western so called christian society.

Blessings Sim.....

I did not see where anyone condemned you to hell,called you poor or disabled?...........and in Christianity we do not try to convince anyone of Gods Truth ,the Holy Spirit does the enlightening nor is it by our effort to convert anyone,,,,if you are called by God then the Holy Spirit will convict your heart.

I know Gliding Wings very well & I find it hard to imagine him not telling you that Worthy is a Christian Ministry,my friend is never at a loss for words-lol    I certainly did meet you with respect & explained to you that our Lord & Savior died for you as well as for me & loves you as He loves me ,has bore your sin as well as mine & offers you the same thing He offered me................that my friend,is far from condescending

I am sorry that you are so defensive,it is difficult to receive anything that way,,,,,,,,we speak to unbelievers all day long,Sim....but they are simply "unbelievers"that are seeking what is missing in their life,some of them are not even sure of what they hope to find....I think the difference may be that you seem to stand firm in your "religion"and maybe(just maybe) you are not open to receive?I don't really know ,that is something only you know....but an angry reaction is not the usual & we speak no differently to anyone,,,,,,,we all fall short of the Glory of God & we all were once ,without Christ Jesus.........

I hope you find whatever it is you are looking for,& as I said ,,,,,,,anything I can do to help,just ask

With love-in Christ,Kwik

In my religion, aggressive proselityzing is forbidden. But we are required to convince people by good example, since deeds mean more than words, and to answer all questions people ask us about our faith. Also, we must meet all members of different religions with respect and friendship.

Not saying you are but some come just to promote their religion,,,,,,they come for many reasons,we welcome everyone & give everyone the benefit of the doubt & like Hippie says,,,,as long as they follow the TOS

Imagine for a moment you go to some place with a bumper sticker of a random political statement, and instead of welcoming you, the first thing someone tells you is "I am really sorry for you that you think so, one day you will see the light and vote for the other party, I will pray for you". Or if it's just a blue dress, and someone reacts the same, just because he thinks blue dresses are wrong and green dresses are great.

Will you not feel alienated then, and think that person is rude?

Because for atheists, or members of other religions, it's exactly like that. For them, it is not evident that Christianity must be the truth. Maybe they have studied another religion and are convinced they have good reasons to think it is true, and Christianity is just one more religion among others. Or they think religion is generally a good thing, but not for them, and Christianity is just a choice like a blue dress.

You have to see, non-Christians do not know what you know (and vice versa).

Maybe if you avoid the noisier type and try to find the more thoughtful ones.They exist on the internet,in europe, and even in some parts of the U.S. I am led to believe .

Edited by Organic Medicine

Posted · Report post

As difficult as it may be to accept, what Shiloh says is the truth. We are too busy sugar coating the bare truth in order to make people happy. We are not here to make people happy, we are here to point them to the truth through which true joy actually comes.

:thumbsup:

My

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12

War LORD

Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me. Matthew 10:32-40

And I Love Him So

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Posted · Report post

JESUS said to His apostles to" wipe the dust of their feet" if someone did not 'hear the message',and move on .He knew that when someone is ready, they will truly 'hear ' what God is saying to them ,and not before. The true christianity can be heard only by the 'wise',and a wise society is not one which encourages weapons of mass destruction,nor lies to it's people about their true history.

Posted · Report post

Fez, on 28 May 2014 - 10:13 AM, said:

My

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12

War LORD

Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me. Matthew 10:32-40

And I Love Him So

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Rom                        posted by Fresno Joe

Couldn't agree more!       Praise & Glory to God!                                                        With love-in Christ,Kwik

Posted · Report post

Hello (insert name here),

Nice to meet you,

Your religion sucks, I dont respect  your beliefs and views and your beliefs are pointless. You serve a false God and you are worthless and your life has no hope until you become like us.

Everything you are doing is wrong and by the way we preach love.

Should be a winner guys, keep it up il bet the forum is overflowing with new converts..lol

Posted · Report post

Nice to meet you,

Your religion sucks, I dont respect  your beliefs and views and your beliefs are pointless. You serve a false God and you are worthless and your life has no hope until you become like us.

Should be a winner guys, keep it up il bet the forum is overflowing with new converts..lol

No one has said that to anyone.  You are misrepresenting us, Chris.  Shame on you....

Posted · Report post

Nice to meet you,

No one has said that to anyone.  You are misrepresenting us, Chris.  Shame on you....

Nice to meet you,

Read back over the l pages in this thread.

Posted · Report post

Nice to meet you,

Nice to meet you,

Read back over the l pages in this thread.

I know what is on  this thread.  No one has condemned or mistreated anyone.   Your accusations are false.

Posted · Report post

Nice to meet you,

I don't think Fez meant to be that blunt about it.    but it really is what we are saying isn't it?

Posted · Report post

Nice to meet you,

I don't think Fez meant to be that blunt about it.    but it really is what we are saying isn't it?

We are supposed to be telling the truth, especially to people who are caught up in false religions.   We are not telling them they are worthless, but they are headed down a road that will lead them to hell and there is no other way to say it. 

Posted · Report post

Nice to meet you,

We are supposed to be telling the truth, especially to people who are caught up in false religions.   We are not telling them they are worthless, but they are headed down a road that will lead them to hell and there is no other way to say it. 

but there are ways of telling people things where they might listen and that what Chris is talking about......   it's what I've mentioned for ten years.

yes, you can tell someone that they are going to hell......   but if you don't do it in some way that they will listen, you are basically just driving them there in an express cab.

Posted · Report post

Excellent answer,but just one thing. Not all christians are charitable,nor give a good account of their Saviour teachings. If it were so there would be no major problems in what are mainly historically christian societies. There would not be ignorance,povery war .The Kingdom of God is not here mainly because of bad christians,not others,who often cause no harm to the west ,but are pilaged for their oïl etc for greedy western so called christian society.

Not all Christians are called to witness the exact same way.  Or minister in exactly the same way.  Or give in exactly the same way.  The reason there is still poverty, ignorance and war is not the fault of your so called "bad" Christians, it is because we live in a fallen world which is under the control of Satan.  The Kingdom of God is not here because it is not yet Jesus' time to reign on this Earth.

Posted · Report post

JESUS said to His apostles to" wipe the dust of their feet" if someone did not 'hear the message',and move on .He knew that when someone is ready, they will truly 'hear ' what God is saying to them ,and not before. The true christianity can be heard only by the 'wise',and a wise society is not one which encourages weapons of mass destruction,nor lies to it's people about their true history.

What does any of that have to do with this thread?

Posted · Report post

Nice to meet you,

Point me to where anyone in this thread said any of those things.

No one insulted the OP.  No one condemned the OP.  No one told him that his religion "sucked."

Every single example you used above was a false accusation. The Bible has a term for that.  It is known as bearing false witness.  And it isn't a wise thing to do.

The fact is, there is a whole group of people today that claim to be Christians who either do not want to hurt anyone's feelings, or that have been shamed into remaining silent by friends, family, or secular society that have lulled them into the false belief that it is better and kinder to just let it go when we see someone trapped in harmful behavior because it might make everyone involved uncomfortable to bring it up.  And people are trapped in myriad addictions, ignorance and lost and foundering because of this attitude.  It is never loving to see someone trapped in something false or harmful and remain silent about it.  It needs to be done tactfully and lovingly, but it also needs to be done bluntly and factually.  If you see someone smoking a crack pipe on the corner of your street, and you do not gracefully tell them that there is a better way to go about life, you have just defaulted to apathy.  You may not convince them to pursue that better way.  They may tell you to mind your own business.  So be it.  But if you walk by and don't say anything at all, you guarantee one thing for sure:  That they will be stuck in that way of life for one more day.

You never do anyone a favor, or help them by refusing to tell them the truth.

Posted · Report post

but there are ways of telling people things where they might listen and that what Chris is talking about......   it's what I've mentioned for ten years.

yes, you can tell someone that they are going to hell......   but if you don't do it in some way that they will listen, you are basically just driving them there in an express cab.

No, that is not what Chris is talking about.  Chris is making blanket accusations and inferring behaviors that are not even present in the thread.  And you are kind of doing the same thing.  Because the kind of rude and hateful posts that you and Chris and even Jon are implying exists within the thread do not exist at all.   People may have been blunt, but they were not mean or degrading.

The truth seems to be something that isn't greatly valued these days.

Posted · Report post

I'll leave it to Sim to answer that post.

Posted · Report post

Time to give this thread a break.  Locked