christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Spirits of God

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

Stephen Levi

Stephen Levi
  • Banned
  • 17 posts

Revelation, Chapter 1, 4: John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;

Revelation, Chapter 3, 1: And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.

Revelation, Chapter 4, 5: And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.

Revelation, Chapter 5, 6: And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

shiloh357

shiloh357

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,266 posts

Welcome.  A close examination of Scripture will indicate that the seven spirits of God refer to the sevenfold ministry of the Holy Spirit as:

The Spirit of the Lord

The Spirit of wisdom

The Spirit of understanding

The Spirit of counsel

The Spirit of might

The Spirit of knowledge

The Spirit of the fear of the Lord (Is. 11:2)

Stephen Levi

Stephen Levi
  • Banned
  • 17 posts
Romans, Chapter 8, 2: For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Revelation, Chapter 11, 11: And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.

The Seven Spirits of God

1. The Spirit of Life

gamnot

gamnot

• PipPip
  • 121 posts

Hello Stephen, welcome to Worthy.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,566 posts

Welcome~!

*Zion*

*Zion*

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Welcome Stephen, God bless you :)

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,740 posts

Romans, Chapter 8, 2: For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Revelation, Chapter 11, 11: And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.

The Seven Spirits of God

1. The Spirit of Life

Hi there. I would have to agree with OneLight (I am sure there will be more). But the Spirit of Life would be the same as the Spirit of the Lord. You quote from Revelation, and yes the seven Spirits are mentioned in relation to Revelation exclusively. But there are many more mentioned in the bible in direct reference to certain times and situations.

Not that it matters in the greater scheme of things.

The Holy Spirit in you is all you need.

Welcome to Worthy!

BeauJangles

BeauJangles

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Welcome to Worthy, Stephen! We have many who are knowledgeable in the deeper aspects of the Word of God. I truly believe you'll find fulfillment in your pursuit of godly wisdom.

God bless you,

David/BeauJangles

Stephen Levi

Stephen Levi
  • Banned
  • 17 posts

Hello Stephen, welcome to Worthy.

Hello, thank you.

Stephen Levi

Stephen Levi
  • Banned
  • 17 posts

Thank you. God bless me with your friendship?

Stephen Levi

Stephen Levi
  • Banned
  • 17 posts

Welcome to Worthy, Stephen! We have many who are knowledgeable in the deeper aspects of the Word of God. I truly believe you'll find fulfillment in your pursuit of godly wisdom.

God bless you,

David/BeauJangles

Thank you David. God bless me with your friendship?

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,022 posts

Welcome to Worthy.

*Zion*

*Zion*

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Thank you. God bless me with your friendship?

Absolutely - especially if He blesses me with yours too! :)

P_W

P_W

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

A Worthy welcome to you!  So glad you have joined us!

Peace to you and G-d bless you much,

PrairWarur

Flagesapen

Flagesapen

• PipPip
  • 109 posts
Hi. Welcome! Nice to meet you. Awesome study topic. I Have been wanting to do a studies on the seven spirits.this due to a thought about the Strength of Israel.
1- Sam 15.29 And also the Strength of Israel will not lie nor repent : for he is not a man, that he should repent...
For This is also how the LORD is described ..in numbers 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie ; neither the son of man, that he should repent:... would the strength of Israel be one of the seven spirits of God.? I would think(tis Could be wrong) that the Strength of Israel would by all means be before the throne of God. The God of Israel. Dunno tho. Could just mean The LORD is the Strength of Israel... and yes the LORD is our strength amen! Still either way, I'll be
Looking forward to hearing more of your findings,and maybe a little more about you also. May the Father bless and keep you.

Stephen Levi

Stephen Levi
  • Banned
  • 17 posts

Revelation, Chapter 1, 4: John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;

Revelation, Chapter 3, 1: And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.

Revelation, Chapter 4, 5: And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.

Revelation, Chapter 5, 6: And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

The Seven Spirits of God

1. The Spirit of Life

2. The Spirit of Prophecy

Revelation, Chapter 19, 10:   And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus 
is the spirit of prophecy.

Stephen Levi

Stephen Levi
  • Banned
  • 17 posts

What do you know about The Spirit of Life? Tell me?

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,459 posts

Blessings Stephen!

Welcome to Worthy......................Praise & Glory to God! I am sure you would get much more of a response by posting this type of topic perhaps in Gen Discussion or elsewhere as this is the Welcome Forum and usually just a brief introduction is followed by many greetings...............Just a suggestion                                                     With love in Christ,Kwik

Flagesapen

Flagesapen

• PipPip
  • 109 posts
It seems as if The Seven Spirits are all asentualy one spirit The Spirit of God, aka the Holy Ghost,aka Holy Spirit. Yet each plays its own role. I'm thinking this is an example of the role of the Spirit of Life...Romans 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you. 12 Therefore , brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. 13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die : but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live...
Although it appears we cannot have the Spirit of Life in us without Christ. John 11: 24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day. 25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead , yet shall he live : 26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die . Believest thou this?

Edited by Flagesapen, 25 May 2014 - 11:01 AM.

coheir

coheir

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

What do you know about The Spirit of Life? Tell me?

Before one accepts Jesus as Savior they are considered dead by God.

When one accepts Jesus as Savior they are accepting the gift of eternal life.

Luke 9

59And he said unto another, Follow me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.60Jesus said unto him,

60Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.

If one accepts Christ then God will place the the spirit of Eternal life in one.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network