christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Commandments of Jesus Christ

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

Stephen Levi

Stephen Levi
  • Banned
  • 17 posts
The purpose and point of this thread is to discuss 
and to learn and to teach the commandments of Jesus Christ
to those who want to read and participate. I will go through the new testament and take them one by one.

We will start with this.

John, Chapter 14, 15: If ye love me, keep my commandments.

John, Chapter 14, 21: He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

John, Chapter 15, 10: If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,672 posts

Hi Stephen,

Being a ministry as Worthy is, we don't allow teaching from anyone that is not part of the ministry.  You are welcome to discuss any Scripture you want, as long as it is done in a discussion format, not a teaching format.  We hold everyone to the same rule, and the reason why I am posting it here for all to know, so please don't take this personal.

God Bless,

Alan

Stephen Levi

Stephen Levi
  • Banned
  • 17 posts

Hi Stephen,

Being a ministry as Worthy is, we don't allow teaching from anyone that is not part of the ministry.  You are welcome to discuss any Scripture you want, as long as it is done in a discussion format, not a teaching format.  We hold everyone to the same rule, and the reason why I am posting it here for all to know, so please don't take this personal.

God Bless,

Alan

Post what I said in a discussion format compared to a teaching format and send it to me.  I have no clue as to what you are saying.

I look up there and I see that I posted verses right from the bible right to here.

Is that a teaching format?

Stephen Levi

Stephen Levi
  • Banned
  • 17 posts

Hi Stephen,

God Bless,

Alan

Post what I said in a discussion format compared to a teaching format and send it to me.  I have no clue as to what you are saying.

I look up there and I see that I posted verses right from the bible right to here.

What is the commandment of Jesus the Christ concerning this you have said to me? If you know it, please tell me.

Edited by Stephen Levi, 23 May 2014 - 07:33 PM.

Stephen Levi

Stephen Levi
  • Banned
  • 17 posts

​Everything I do I line it up with the word of God.  The commandments of Jesus Christ.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,124 posts

The purpose and point of this thread is to discuss 
and to learn and to teach the commandments of Jesus Christ
to those who want to read and participate. I will go through the new testament and take them one by one.

We will start with this.

John, Chapter 14, 21: He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

John, Chapter 15, 10: If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Hi Stephen,

God Bless,

Alan

I don't think it's the scripture that is the problem.......   it's your approach to the post....

Besides the rules, when you come as a teacher you're putting yourself over others as you know more than them and it causes people to get defensive and quite frankly not pay much attention to you.....  and considering you really might have something to offer, it would be a shame to have it discarded..

Stephen Levi

Stephen Levi
  • Banned
  • 17 posts

Hi Stephen,

God Bless,

Alan

You are forbidding me from teaching the commandments of Jesus Christ.  True or false?

If this is true, I will not teach them here.  But I want you to out right tell me that you are 

forbidding me from teaching the commandments of Jesus Christ on this forum.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,124 posts

:taped:

shiloh357

shiloh357

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,200 posts

Hi Stephen,

God Bless,

Alan

You are forbidding me from teaching the commandments of Jesus Christ.  True or false?

If this is true, I will not teach them here.  But I want you to out right tell me that you are 

You are being forbidden to teach.   If you want to express your views on the commandments and of Jesus and are open to discussion about your views, then you are allowed to do so.   You are not allowed to assume the posture of a teacher in this forum.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,049 posts

This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. John 15:12

~

The purpose and point of this thread is to discuss.... the commandments of Jesus Christ....

....start with this....

John, Chapter 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

John, Chapter 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

John, Chapter 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

:thumbsup:

Ah

And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. Mark 12:29-30

Beloved

And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these. Mark 12:31

How Wonderful It Is

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?

Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. Matthew 5:44-48

To Look At The Heart Of The Law

The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him. Exodus 15:2

And Of The Prophets

And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the LORD; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation. Isaiah 25:9

To Look At

God be merciful unto us, and bless us; and cause his face to shine upon us; Selah. That thy way may be known upon earth, thy saving health among all nations. Psalms 67:1-2

Jesus

Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed? Isaiah 53:1

~

Dear Brother, Keep On Keeping On

Mine eyes prevent the night watches, that I might meditate in thy word. Psalms 119:148

Post Early, Post Often

Make thy face to shine upon thy servant; and teach me thy statutes. Psalms 110:135

And Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,020 posts

Hi Stephen,

God Bless,

Alan

Shalom Stephen, 

We all do a bit of teaching in what we write, but teaching in general is not allowed on the boards.

Only those who are in Worthy Ministry are allowed to teach as OneLight has already stated. 

If you had an answer all along and through your questioning, you were leading up to what you believe. This is teaching. 

The questions are not necessary when you already have an answer in mind.

Present your thoughts first and open it up for a discussion.

That is the difference between teaching and discussing.

If we allowed every member to "teach", imagine what sort of teaching we would find.

Trust this helps you, 

Nigel (ncn chat servant)

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,672 posts

The purpose and point of this thread is to discuss and to learn and to teach the commandments of Jesus Christ to those who want to read and participate. I will go through the new testament and take them one by one.

We will start with this.

Hi Stephen,

Being a ministry as Worthy is, we don't allow teaching from anyone that is not part of the ministry. You are welcome to discuss any Scripture you want, as long as it is done in a discussion format, not a teaching format. We hold everyone to the same rule, and the reason why I am posting it here for all to know, so please don't take this personal.

God Bless,
Alan

• Post what I said in a discussion format compared to a teaching format and send it to me. I have no clue as to what you are saying.  I look up there and I see that I posted verses right from the bible right to here.  Is that a teaching format?
  • What is the commandment of Jesus the Christ concerning this you have said to me? If you know it, please tell me.
  • ​Everything I do I line it up with the word of God. The commandments of Jesus Christ.
  • You are forbidding me from teaching the commandments of Jesus Christ. True or false? If this is true, I will not teach them here. But I want you to out right tell me that you are forbidding me from teaching the commandments of Jesus Christ on this forum.

I thought it would be easier to combine your comments/questions into one quote instead of having many.

What first caught my eye was how you stated you wanted to run this thread. Your opening statement described how you intended on moving forward, which is "The purpose and point of this thread is to discuss and to learn and to teach the commandments of Jesus Christ to those who want to read and participate. I will go through the new testament and take them one by one."

A discussion is not claiming to be teaching, nor does it go through the New Testament and take things one at a time. Words like those are spoken by a teacher when they are introducing the material they will cover during the semester or class. As Nigel stated, we all teach when we have a discussion as we offer up what our understanding is, but when offering up an understanding during a discussion, it is in a form of something to consider, not in the form of "I am right" and anyone that disagrees is wrong.

I will take your questions as they were posts.  The first question is how to post so it is not teaching.  Joe basically did this when he posted:

The purpose and point of this thread is to discuss.... the commandments of Jesus Christ....

....start with this....

Joe left out every controlling statement teaching would use, creating an environment of a discussion.

Your second question is often used when someone comes onto this site with the intention of being one of the ministries teachers.  The very first line in our Terms of Service is "Welcome to Worthy Ministries!"  Ween you enter a physical ministry, like a church, do you expect to be able to walk in, head to the front and begin to teach?  How about when you go to their web sites, like this one?  Any ministry needs to know who the person is and what their belief is before they ask them to teach.  Knowing how many false teachers there are in the world today, there would be no wisdom in allowing anyone, or everyone who wishes to teach, to have a platform to do so.

Your third statement is what we all should do and I find nothing wrong with having this as a goal at all!  "​Everything I do I line it up with the word of God. The commandments of Jesus Christ."  Yet, without know you, how do we know this is true or not.  We are told to be like those in Berea and search the scriptures to see if what we are told is true or not.  Scripture never tells us to just take someone's word in such cases.

The fourth question is false.  We are not forbidding you to do as Jesus leads you, to bring the truth to everyone.  We are only disallowing you to hold the title of teacher in this ministry, but we are open to you discussing what you believe is true.  The gifts given to us do not come with pride nor arrogance, they cone with the fruit of the spirit, which are seen in Galatians 5:22-23.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.

Communication, as does teaching, comes in many forms.  To learn how to communicate your belief without having the posture of being a teacher (I am right) is a tool that will become very useful to everyone during their life.  Jesus use to teach using parables to show a truth, leaving it to the listener to find the truth.  He also would speak the truth in a loving manner, never forcing anyone to accept what He said, but to weigh it in their hearts.  The format of being a teacher forces people to accept what is being said or accept that they are wrong, leaving no room for discussion.

As every reply to you is saying that same thing, I suggest you change your format to one that invites discussions.

I hope this answers your questions.  If not, and you wish to continue this, you are more than welcome to PM me and discuss this in private.  If not, we can continue it here since my first reply was to address everyone who has the mindset to come here and teach.

Stephen Levi

Stephen Levi
  • Banned
  • 17 posts

If you do not keep the commandments of Jesus Christ, 
you do not love, Jesus Christ.

True or false?

Let us discuss this right here.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,049 posts

If you do not keep the commandments of Jesus Christ, you do not love, Jesus Christ.

You

And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. John 20:28

Bet~!

And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. Mark 12:29-30

Stephen Levi

Stephen Levi
  • Banned
  • 17 posts

If you do not keep the commandments of Jesus Christ, you do not love, Jesus Christ.

You

And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. John 20:28

Bet~!

Please explain to me how you can love the Lord thy God

with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength:

If you do not obey even the least, of the commandments of Jesus Christ?

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Blessings Stephen,,,

Firstly,Welcome to Worthy..................Praise & Glory to God! I do hope you enjoy this Ministry as much as I do,it is truly a Blessing to be here!

Now,it seems your point of discussion would be the greatest commandment Jesus taught us ,LOVE.......so what do you think is the least of the commandments?If we do all things in love then we will obey all His commandments,,,,,,,when we truly have a heart that is filled with love it is impossible to lie,cheat,steal etc......

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Stephen Levi

Stephen Levi
  • Banned
  • 17 posts

True or false?

The ONLY way anyone, can abide in the love of Jesus Christ, is to keep the Commandments of Jesus Christ, as Jesus Christ kept the commandments of God, His Father.

True or false?

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,049 posts

Holy

What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me? I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD. Psalms 116:12-13

Words

Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts. Zechariah 4:6

To Grow In

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. John 6:63

~

Please explain to me how you can love the Lord thy God

with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength:

If you do not obey even the least, of the commandments of Jesus Christ?

Do

Jesus told them, "This is the only work God wants from you: Believe in the one he has sent." John 6:29 (NLT)

Not

That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:7-9

Despair Beloved

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. Romans 3:23-28

God Is

It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

And they were astonished out of measure, saying among themselves, Who then can be saved?

And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible. Mark 10:25-27

Able

Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. John 3:7

Oh So Able

~

Who Is

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. Romans 8:1-2

The Accuser

And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding?

Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?

But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.

For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: Matthew 15:16-19

Of The Brethren

And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. Revelation 12:10

~

Believe

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Romans 10:13

And Be Blessed Beloved

Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ. Ephesians 1:2

Love, Joe

Stephen Levi

Stephen Levi
  • Banned
  • 17 posts

True or false?

The ONLY way anyone, can abide in the love of Jesus Christ, is to keep the Commandments of Jesus Christ, as Jesus Christ kept the commandments of God, His Father.

True or false?

The gospel of Jesus Christ is his commandments.

When you repent you are to do what?

OBEY HIS COMMANDMENTS

The Commandments of Jesus Christ 

is

the way

the life

the truth.

The commandments of Jesus Christ 

is eternal life.

The Salvation of God.

Omegaman

Omegaman

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,878 posts

Besides the general notion of teaching here are worthy, when and where it is allowed etc, have you bothered to notice that this is the the topic area called:

"The Outer Court"

Which has a designated purpose posted, which says:

"A place for undecided's to gather and fellowship, ask questions, and mingle!"

So, my question is, are you here, as an 'undecided', wanting to ask questions and mingle? Being here to teach, is specifically outside the purpose of this section of the forum.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network