christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Revenge

* * * * * 1 votes Revenge School Hate Teacher Abuse High School

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

Cedar2326

Cedar2326
  • 4 posts

Hello

My Name is Joe. I am currently in my last week of being a high school freshmen. I go to a very small school, of which there are only 32 kids in the high school. Last Friday, the teacher in charge of detention was handing out detention notices to everyone who had received detention. I did not receive a slip and I personally spent five minutes talking to ensure myself that I had not received detention. He promised me that I was not on the list.

Then, the next morning I got an email from him saying he had lied and that I did have detention. Now on the last day of school, I have to go to detention after school ends. I have detention for the stupidest reason, too. Out of the 250 days I went to school this entire year, I walked in a minute late on three of those days. That is enough to get me detention. My school is apparently "Christian", but the teachers literally act like the spawn of the devil. They are always yelling at me, always assigning me extra work, always riding me, always ridiculing me, and always telling me I'm worthless and hurting my feelings. I hear that in detention it is ten times worse.

The thing about it is that during parent teacher conferences all of the teachers act like angels and they are super nice to the parents, telling them that we are all wonderful students, so my parents have never believed me when I told them what terrible people were in charge of my education. Finally, I just ended up completely revolting against my parents and enrolled in a new school next year without their consent, because I have a life to live. But all of these teachers are SO bad and hurtful to me, and I literally hate them for treating me like a bag of scum.

In 4 days, these people will no longer have jurisdiction over me, and I want revenge. I want to tell them how horrible they were. I want to wring their necks. I'm having such a hard time just leaving them be and forgetting they existed, because, although it's terrible, I literally want them dead. I'm not overreacting, I would not be surprised if they were demons hypnotizing all of the parents to send their children here.

In my anger, I've sort of started a student revolt, taking a third of the high school with me this year, and another half after next year. But how can I control my anger against these freaks? How can I show them that their wrong? How do I resist the urge to stinkin shoot them?!?! I am not an angry person, but I have been abused so badly, I can't imagine what God wants me to do with this situation. HELP!!!!

ayin jade

ayin jade

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,344 posts

I know that God does not want you seeking revenge. I know that God does not want you to hurt anyone. Leave them up to the Lord to deal with. Pray and ask Him to ease your pain, to ease your anger. Do not take revenge yourself. 

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,002 posts

Hello Joe, 

When we take things into our own hands, revenge never helps us. 

In fact, it only makes us more bitter, it's not what God would want us to do. 

God is a God of love. 

You say you are not an angry person , so I am praying that you are just verbally letting off steam.

In your post you say that " You have enrolled in a new school for next year."

This shows that you are not worthless or they would not have accepted you.

Put this bad experience behind you,

move forward ; show others by studying hard and obtaining good grades what you are made of. 

Now is the time to pray and leave the past in the past. 

Do you go to a youth group at your local church?  If so, why not have a word with the youth worker, sharing a problem always helps us. 

Joe you are loved , God loves you . 

God bless you Joe. 

*Zion*

*Zion*

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

What I see from this situation, is that it's faith time, Joe.  God says that he who touches one of his, touches the apple of His eye.  He also says that vengeance belongs to Him.  Now who can do more damage, Him or you?  If I were you, I would pray for your teachers, because you don't know what's coming on them - pray that God will be merciful to them and not be too hard on them.  

You're right; you have a life to live, but nobody has all the answers.  Your parents are doing what they think is best for you - like you said, how would they think any differently of the teachers if they act so nicely in front of them?

Did you pray before enrolling in the other school?  Did God guide you to it?  You never know - you might be jumping out of the pan only to land in the fire... Let God guide you always.  Seek His leading so that you will always be at peace, whatever the situation.  Even now, pray that God will place you in the right place, whether its where you enrolled or elsewhere... wherever He chooses, that He bless your time at there, that you will feel release and freedom there, and that you will be taught the truth - as this world is busy teaching lies to children.  

If you need to talk more, you can pm anyone who's responded to you, including me, keep going in this thread, and there's 24/7 chat with someone always available there just to talk about any old thing.  

[Father God, I bring Joe before you, I pray that you steer him as a ship right into Your everlasting arms; that you will hold him, comfort him, support him, and strengthen him by the power of Your love.  Place him exactly where you want him, and that as your vessel, he would allow You to work in him and through him to share Your love with those around him - teachers and students alike.  Bless him in every way, in abundance.  Bless his family life, resolve any residual issues between him and his parents I pray, let there be total peace in his home.  In Jesus' mighty and powerful Name do I pray - be glorified in all this, Lord God Almighty!  AMEN!]

God bless you Joe, and welcome to Worthy :)

BeauJangles

BeauJangles

• PipPip
  • 185 posts

Hi, Joe. Welcome to Worthy! My heart goes out to you, man. Really, I understand. I may be a few months shy of 60 years old, but I remember in high school, the harassment I put up with... Both by staff and students. I looked much like this recent picture of me here, minus the beard of course. Those were turbulent times of the late 60s/early 70s. I was kinda short and skinny... An easy target. Not every one hassled me. I did have some friends and they stood up for me, thank God. Fortunately, I didn't shove back and never got physically hurt. But I had some throw rocks at me, spit at and got a lot of cat-calls. You know, whistled at like I was a girl. My most courageous self-defense, was to comment back, "Aw, c'mon man... I'm too ugly to look like a girl." But it did hurt my feelings. Bad!

Anyway, that was a long time ago and this is supposed to be about you. I just thought I'd share how I do relate to you, even though times have changed, girls and guys get targeted and put down in school... Many times for no apparent reason. It's all in the media. You wrote a lengthy and articulate post. You're an intelligent young man. But it does concern me how you're dealing with your anger. I got plenty upset too, at your age. And maybe in my heart, I wanted to get even with the some of the people that brought on a lot of emotional pain. But I didn't let hatred over-run my head about it. I got saved in my Junior year and they called us, "Jesus Freaks." Sound familiar? Joe, it would break the hearts of millions here in America, if you did something that's becoming all too common in the news papers and on TV. 

You said you're attending a Christian high school, isn't that right? From your description, it seems more like a military school. Not that I'm in any disrespect of academy or our veterans... Not at all! It was Memorial Day and I have a lot of respect for nation's defenders, past and present. Absolutely! But Joe, you didn't mention anything about your personal relationship with God. So, I'm assuming hopefully, Jesus is your Saviour. Is He? You're in desperate need, regardless. I got a couple of really great scriptures here and they do apply to all believers. Even you, Joe. Check it out, they have the same power and meaning, from day they were written. I'm praying for you.

God bless you!

David/BeauJangles

The heart of your Lord before you...

(KJV) Romans 12:19  Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves but rather, give place unto wrath; for it is written,Vengeance is mine; I will repay, sayeth the Lord.

Your heart before the Lord...

(KJV) Luke 6: 36-37: Be therefore, merciful, as your Father is also merciful. Judge not, and ye shall not be judged; condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned; forgive, and ye shall be forgiven;

*Zion*

*Zion*

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

The heart of your Lord before you...

(KJV) Romans 12:19  Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves but rather, give place unto wrath; for it is written,Vengeance is mine; I will repay, sayeth the Lord.

Your heart before the Lord...

(KJV) Luke 6: 36-37: Be therefore, merciful, as your Father is also merciful. Judge not, and ye shall not be judged; condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned; forgive, and ye shall be forgiven;

See, Joe?  The Lord confirms His Word!  Take courage, have faith, and hold on to God's hand as He takes you through your situation His way.  Blessings :)

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,065 posts

In my anger, I've sort of started a student revolt, taking a third of the high school with me this year, and another half after next year. But how can I control my anger against these freaks? How can I show them that their wrong? How do I resist the urge to stinkin shoot them?!?! I am not an angry person, but I have been abused so badly, I can't imagine what God wants me to do with this situation. HELP!!!!

What do you mean that you are talking the students with you....   do you mean to the other school?

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,013 posts

Welcome~!

~

But how can I control my anger against these freaks? How can I show them that their wrong? How do I resist the urge to stinkin shoot them?!?! I am not an angry person, but I have been abused so badly, I can't imagine what God wants me to do with this situation. HELP!!!!

~

Look

To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men. Titus 3:2

Up

And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you. John 16:23

Beloved

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14:27

~

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

Chris.

Chris.
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Verbal abuse to you is wrong just as is retaliation. It is all harassment and that is against the law. Get one of your friends to secretly film the harassment your getting from teachers and show it to your parents and the dept of education in your state so it can be dealt with.  All kids have the right to not be harnessed at school and the teachers have the right to be treated with respect from students. 

This is one thing a student uprising won't benefit you as much as showing your teachers employers or goverment officials evidence of child harassment. The peaceful smart way is the best way here and will benefit you most. Any abuse should not be tolerated but always reported so it can stop for future students if this is the case.

Edited by Chris., 27 May 2014 - 08:23 AM.

*Zion*

*Zion*

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

Verbal abuse to you is wrong just as is retaliation. It is all harassment and that is against the law. Get one of your friends to secretly film the harassment your getting from teachers and show it to your parents and the dept of education in your state so it can be dealt with.  All kids have the right to not be harnessed at school and the teachers have the right to be treated with respect from students. 

This is one thing a student uprising won't benefit you as much as showing your teachers employers or goverment officials evidence of child harassment. The peaceful smart way is the best way here and will benefit you most. Any abuse should not be tolerated but always reported so it can stop for future students if this is the case.

:thumbsup:

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,464 posts
Hi Cedar, I was a high school teacher and understand your frustration and anger. You have to remember that teachers are grown up kids, though they may be teaching in a Christian school, they still come with problems of their own. Sadly teachers stereotype students and that is wrong. They sometimes bring to school the problems that weigh them down at home and at work. But remember the same types of issues you are having at your current school will be at any school you choose. Teachers may look different but their issues and the baggage may appear the same or worse.
I would encourage you to speak to your counsellor or to your principal - be forthcoming with the problem and detention and if need be go with a couple of students who have good standing but suffer the same abuse and above all do not be confrontational because that will only serve to go against you go in the grace of God and show His love. Be agreeable though it may hurt you in the long run will feel better about yourself for taking the upper road in this or any situation.
As was said before Jesus wants us to be an example to others though they mock and despise you. Pray for your teachers - you do not know what they are going through in their own lives and sometimes it is not easy to separate the two. Remember we are to pray for those who are in authority over us - I know how difficult that is believe me. But in prayer turn it all over to God and let Him be your guide and teacher, you in effect by doing that can teach your abusive teachers. Let Jesus light in your life shine, do not hide it under a bushel, be the example you want your teachers to be and teach them.

Cedar2326

Cedar2326
  • 4 posts

Thanks everyone...

So at 4 in the morning this morning I was woken up by two police officers that told me I had been "turned in" and that I was a threat, so I'm in legal trouble now. Everything I said about shooting people and wringing necks was COMPLETELY figurative, and I'd never actually consider hurting anyone, I just wanted to make the point that my teachers make me really upset sometimes. PLEASE leave the legality issues out of it, because I would NEVER consider doing anything to another brother in Christ, even if I don't like them. If the police come back I've had it, and I'm really scared that that's gonna happen, and my parents are really mad about it, and I'm SUPER stressed out and I'm just trying to do my best for God's glory. I promise, I am not a threat. I never hurt people, even if I ever want to. I'm not an angry guy at heart, I'm just irritated. I'm sorry, I took my question way to far, I just wanted you all to know that it was actually bothering me.

*Sigh* So now what do I do?

I get irritated with my teachers, but I love them so much, and I pray for them every day!! I don't want to cause anyone pain, and I'm not going to, I just want help reaching God when my feelings get a little hurt. Please don't sent me to Juvie or anything. Now I'm really scared. I swear I'm not dangerous.

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,002 posts

Thanks everyone...

So at 4 in the morning this morning I was woken up by two police officers that told me I had been "turned in" and that I was a threat, so I'm in legal trouble now. Everything I said about shooting people and wringing necks was COMPLETELY figurative, and I'd never actually consider hurting anyone, I just wanted to make the point that my teachers make me really upset sometimes. PLEASE leave the legality issues out of it, because I would NEVER consider doing anything to another brother in Christ, even if I don't like them. If the police come back I've had it, and I'm really scared that that's gonna happen, and my parents are really mad about it, and I'm SUPER stressed out and I'm just trying to do my best for God's glory. I promise, I am not a threat. I never hurt people, even if I ever want to. I'm not an angry guy at heart, I'm just irritated. I'm sorry, I took my question way to far, I just wanted you all to know that it was actually bothering me.

*Sigh* So now what do I do?

I get irritated with my teachers, but I love them so much, and I pray for them every day!! I don't want to cause anyone pain, and I'm not going to, I just want help reaching God when my feelings get a little hurt. Please don't sent me to Juvie or anything. Now I'm really scared. I swear I'm not dangerous.

Hello Joe , 

The first thing that comes to mind is that you need to understand that when you post something serious, others can take it seriously.

Making threats that involve other people's life is a serious concern.

Especially when you say, " I literally "  

How to move on from this? 

You need to sit down and have a serious talk with your parents.

You need to pray and ask for forgiveness and guidance.

Use this unfortunate situation as a learning curve.

Praying for you ,

God Bless .

Nigel.  

PS. You can contact me any time you need to talk. 

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,464 posts
This is a lesson, sadly, at your expense that we need to be careful what we write on the internet. We are watched for what we say and as Christians need to most diligent. Love your enemies.
I do pray that you have learned a lesson and it appears that you have. I pray that the Father will help you follow as He leads and that you will be an obedient child of His -showing others the love and forgiveness that Jesus gives you.
Like Rush Limbaugh says, "Words mean things".

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,189 posts

Son, listen carefully.

I am not from the USA, but I see bad stuff all the time on TV about school shootings in the USA. Everyone is so hypersensitive to the remote possibility that it might happen, that at the slightest hint, action needs to be taken.

But here comes the good part.

You have just learned an invaluable lesson about consequences of your actions and often just your words. The bible is full of examples of how we should hold our tongue, and use it only for edification. Proverbs, James and a host more. And for good reason the bible tells us to speak always with grace.

If there are further consequences of what you have said, I pray that the lesson is learned, and I pray that those people dealing with the situation have the grace to see your heart. I will pray for you, and your situation, and can only say that you now need to stand on your faith, and accept what comes, for it was by your actions it happened. 

As an aside, it was the moderators here on Worthy who reported your initial post. How could we not? How could we have lived with the fact that you may have done what you threatened and we did nothing about it? Can you see how our words have consequences far beyond what we think about at times?

Please stay on Worthy. I know everyone here forgives you completely, you had a really bad day! Next time you want to rant, rant at me! But expect the answers I give to be what I think Jesus would want me to say.

God Bless

Cedar2326

Cedar2326
  • 4 posts

Ya... but really, I don't have a problem. All of my teachers are my friends, we just get on each others nerves sometimes... but I like them, I really do, I just don't feel like they are the kind of people that I learn from the best. Yes, I get that people take things seriously now, because for a while I thought I was going to get arrested... I don't really want to say anything because I'm afraid that whatever I say will get me in trouble again, but heck ya, I learned to be careful what I type because a lot of things can end up getting you into trouble out of context...

But I still feel really bad and I'm still scared the cops are gonna come back, and I'm just feeling confused about the whole issue... I'm not a dude with problems, what I'm going through is a perfectly natural reaction, but... it sure wasn't interpreted that way. I guess I think uniquely...

Cedar2326

Cedar2326
  • 4 posts

Thanks, Fez, but that's the problem. I don't want the problem to be "dealt with" by law enforcement or other people, as if I was incapable. All I meant to do was ask for help so I could have a few tips in dealing with the situation myself. I want to solve my own problems so that I can learn to be an adult. I realize now how scared people are of school shootings, but I really want to make it absolutely clear that I'm a strong, strong Christian and I would NEVER EVER do anything to hurt anybody, regardless of what they have done to me. I wouldn't even dream of pushing them, much less killing them!

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,065 posts

What do you mean that you are talking the students with you....   do you mean to the other school?

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,189 posts

Thanks, Fez, but that's the problem. I don't want the problem to be "dealt with" by law enforcement or other people, as if I was incapable. All I meant to do was ask for help so I could have a few tips in dealing with the situation myself. I want to solve my own problems so that I can learn to be an adult. I realize now how scared people are of school shootings, but I really want to make it absolutely clear that I'm a strong, strong Christian and I would NEVER EVER do anything to hurt anybody, regardless of what they have done to me. I wouldn't even dream of pushing them, much less killing them!

Cool, no sweat. You say you want to solve your own problems and that is excellent, too many people want their problems solved by others.

You are learning to be an adult! By posting what you did, seeing the consequences and dealing with them, you are learning!

You have been adult enough to post your problem and seek advice, what you need to do from now on is be more specific about the advice you seek, and try not to let your emotions overwhelm you. I am really glad you are willing to stay here and discuss the issue. that also is being an adult!

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,470 posts

Blessings Cedar,,,

I do want to Welcome you to Worthy and I am glad that you have decided to stay......I am glad that you understand that what happened were all consequences of your own actions and it seems you are acting responsible & accepting accountablity,that is when you enter into manhood,,,,not ranting & raving.Honesty,I could not believe that detention is what sparked all the fuss.As a mom,I would have had a serious discussion with you about 'growing up"and respecting your teachers decisions.......that is the only thing that bothers me,is that you say you cannot talk with your parents,that they don't believe you ....is this true or have you given them reason not to?

Begin there Joe,sorting things out with your parents....you are what 16,17yrs old.......just by you saying they attend the parent /teacher conferences that tells me that they want to be involved and I do believe they would love it if you confided in them.......if you are not quite 18 then you have no right to enroll yourself in a school without your parents consent so perhaps before there is any more problems you better sit your parents down and ask for their help and support.

You say you are a Christian and that you love & pray for your teachers,,,,thats good ,,,now why not go to your parents & have family prayer,putting God at the helm .....Joe,it is not perfectly natural to explode when things don't go the way you want or would expect them to....even if it is "letting off steam",everything begins in the heart and with a single thought,that is why God tells us i his Word to take captive every thought.................you have us to talk to ,& it would be a good thing to talk to your guidance counselor at school,youth minister and above all ...your parents.None of this means you are a "dude with problems" it means you are facing new situations & rather than letting them become problems.......know that you don't have to face anything alone,pray & ask the Lord to lead you to who He has to help you

God Bless you Joe.....................................................With love-in Christ,Kwik

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network