christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Attack On My Family

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

LadyKay

LadyKay

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

For a year now my family has been under attack by Child Protective Services.  Last May, someone accused us of abuse and a CPS worker showed up in our driveway. Without identifying herself  as to who she was, or showing any papers of any kind; she wanted to get into our house and see our daughter. My husband told her no but said that if she came back with the proper papers we would let her in. She left, then came back about an hr later with a state cop and some paper from the local court house. She came into our house with the cop and told me that my husband and I were not cooperating so she was going to be taking my daughter and putting her into a foster home.  She took my daughter and my whole word crash down around before me.

They examine my daughter for abuse and found none. They asked my daughter questions and she told them nothing that would point to abuse. When I heard of this I thought well that should be the end of it. They looked her over, no abuse was found, that should be the end. But no. Even though no evidence of abuse was found, they still believe she was abused. So they kept her. My in-laws contacted them requesting that my daughter be allowed to live with them instead of a foster home. The CPS people lied claiming that my in-laws showed no interest in my daughter. Though numerous letters and phone calls were made by them. My husband and myself had to take parenting classes and two psych exams. Their own psych exam person said that my daughter should be return to us. Now I am being told that unless I get a legal separation from my husband, and live on my own, that my daughter will not be return to me. As they still without any evidence at all, believe that my husband abused my daughter. I can assure you that neither I nor my husband, nor anyone else abused my daughter. She has always been this happy, laughing, little girl.  They are now pointing fingers at my father in law, a 75 year old man who is a born again Christian; accusing him of abuse. I have no ideal how I am going to be able to separate  from my husband whom I love and have been married for going on 16 years. Find a job, find an apartment, and live on my own. I can not help but ask why did God allow this to happen? Why are these people being allowed to destroy  a loving, Christian, family? All my crying out to God and they still have my daughter! Sometimes I can not help but question if God really cares about what happens to me. I don't know what to do anymore.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,660 posts

have you talked to a lawyer.......   if you haven't you need to.....   if for nothing else but to advise  you what you shouldn't do to make things worse.

Have the attorney find out who told them that she was being abused and take them to court for liable slander.

Sevenseas

Sevenseas

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,125 posts

I am praying for your situation and for you and your family.  I agree with other one

Sometimes I can not help but question if God really cares about what happens to me. I don't know what to do anymore.

I understand.  Been there myself.  Don't let let go.....we don't understand the battles we fight sometimes, but please...hang on...I have my own thing going on

right now, so I'm not just encouragaing you....I'm living what I say to you.  Hugs

MissPlaced_56

MissPlaced_56

Veteran Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Dear LadyKay,

My dear sister,if for no other reason then this,It has been proven time and time and time again,that when there is ACTUAL ABUSE they do nothing!

When there is NO ABUSE,they will make you're life miserable to cover their own tracks....

Sister take them to court and make them prove their case before a judge!!

GBU SISTER AND I"LL BE PRAYING!!

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,719 posts
Have you retained any legal advice? That would be the first thing I would do. He could perhaps find out the source of the complaint.get as many references of your family life life and the quality and evidence of your child's disposition and ask your minister to help. My last is get a prayer team going to intercede on your behalf.then as a last resort go public about the CPS. Is this because you are Christians does your child go to school and is that the source of your problem? You need legal advice. I pray that God intervenes and you can be stay together as a family and help others who are going through this. Search out others if there are any in your community who have or are going through this.

LadyKay

LadyKay

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Yes we have lawyers and we have gone to court. Their side stands up in court, tells the judge a bunch of stories. The judge believes them. Family court is nothing like "real" court.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,660 posts

Yes we have lawyers and we have gone to court. Their side stands up in court, tells the judge a bunch of stories. The judge believes them. Family court is nothing like "real" court.

If the stories are not true I'd file charges against them outside family court....   whatever you do don't let them hypnotize your daughter for they can actually plant memories in her head..

Sevenseas

Sevenseas

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,125 posts

Do u know who the person was that made the complaint? Don't answer if you don't want to...I'm wondering if it was a person who wanted to hurt you all in some way...

JTC

JTC

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

LadyKay, are you living in America? You wrote Middle Earth which could mean the Mid East. If you're a Christian living in an Islam country that's your answer as to why. Even a non Islam country with strong Islamic ties could cause this. I don't think it matters much which state you're in, but are you even in the USA?

On your profile page you asked if a man can have more than 1 wife. In some countries that's allowed. I was also told certain Mormon sects allow this.

Butero

Butero

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,859 posts

Before I say anything else, I want to agree with Other One about the dangers of hypnosis.  There are good people that use this technique to simply try to get at the truth, and there are others who create false memories.  Your child could actually start believing she was abused when she was not as a result. 

Based on what you have said, my guess is that your daughter is probably attending public school.  Am I right so far?  Someone likely saw something in her behavior that caused them to think she had been abused.  The first person they blamed was your husband and then they thought that if it was not him, it might be your Father-in-law.  I am guessing they are going on behavior rather than actual claims by her that she was abused.  They are seeing something that has led them to these conclusions. 

If your husband has done nothing wrong, and even the state officials aren't sure he did anything wrong, leaving him won't fix anything.  I think what I would do is continue to fight this through the legal system, but rather than just figuring within yourself that the abuse charges are nonsense, and scoffing at them, try to find out exactly why anyone suspects abuse.  Something had to happen.  If you can figure that out, you can trace the behavior to the cause.  It may be that your daughter suffered abuse at the hands of an outsider.  It may be that she was influenced by something she saw that caused people to suspect abuse.  It may be that someone who doesn't like you falsely accused you.  There is just not enough information here to make any judgments about this, but I believe you when you say there was no abuse taking place in your household. 

I wish you the best and pray that God will reveal what is going on to you so you can act accordingly.  I pray that you will get your daughter back with your family in tact.  Just don't do anything in haste, and try not to despair.  I have no idea why you are going through this trial, but as bad as this nation has become with it's overreach by the government in interfering with how children are raised, most of the time, when something like this happens, it is based on an anonymous tip or some sort of behavioral change someone saw.  If you can get to the bottom of it, your chances of success in getting your daughter back should increase.  I am really sorry this has happened to you.  I can see why you have been so upset lately.  I had no idea it was something on this level.  Just don't give up.  As bad as things seem, they are not hopeless. 

Pamelasv

Pamelasv
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Prayers for the right people to help you, right attorney, right judge, whatever you need. Yeah, I agree, take them to court outrside of family court!  As some would say...don't forget that God does have your daughter in His hands thru all this. 

Peace.... so sorry you are going through all of this.

Edited by Pamelasv, 29 May 2014 - 08:45 AM.

LadyC

LadyC

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,819 posts

wow, ladyKay, i'm so sorry you're going through this! i agree with miss-placed, once an accusation is made, the government will stop at nothing to cover their tracks. i hate stories like yours.... i don't want to believe them! but they happen, time and time again. all i can say is i'll be praying for you and your family. i'll pray for your peace and comfort, i'll pray that God will be glorified in all this. i know that's a hard thing to contemplate, but ultimately, that's how we must pray... that God will be glorified. we don't really know what that means sometimes, though! what must finally happen for Him to be glorified through this tragedy? i pray that He will put the right legal counsel in your life and that your family will be restored.

Butero

Butero

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,859 posts

I was thinking about your situation this afternoon, and one other possibility occurred to me.  Perhaps your daughter has been around someone who is a victim of abuse, and this has led to her saying or doing things that would cause someone to suspect she has been abused.  Something has to have happened to lead the authorities to start an investigation.  It could be completely bogus, but something got their attention.  Do you have any idea what may have started this?   What caused someone to accuse you of abuse?  Do they just dislike you, or did they see something suspicious? 

Edited by Butero, 30 May 2014 - 12:44 AM.

1x1is1

1x1is1

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

I feel helpless to offer you a game plan.  I am truly saddened by your situation.  We don't know God's work in all this, but I am sure that it was God's grace that has enabled you to endure an entire year of this stuff.  I will pray that all directly involved will receive wisdom from God and allow the truth to surface once and for all.   Please keep us advised as things develop.  GBU

And thank you brothers and sisters for all the assistance you provided so far for LadyKay.

KC02

KC02

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Yes, unless your lawyer can refute every single charge they make against you, the judge will always rule in the state's favor. The first thing may be to get your daughter to live with your in-laws.

firestormx

firestormx

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

I am sorry for your struggles, I had to helplessly watch cps tear a family members household apart. I will keep you in my prayers.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network