christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Calling ourselves christians

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,134 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Friends and Climbing

I really enjoy discussing the Bible. There is so much to learn and so much to share.

I am led to reach my hand out, in love, to those in need.

We will be known by our fruits, but if asked, I will proclaim Christ.

Guest_LadyC_*

Guest_LadyC_*
  • Guests

i have no problem with people identifying themselves as christians.... provided their actions back up their claim!

DemetriusB

DemetriusB
  • Members
  • 23 posts
Yes it should be our life style not just a title we put on our selves.

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,295 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, cooking, baking, making cards.
Welcome to Worthy!!

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,992 posts
  • Interests:Archery, painting, plants and animals, Medieval history

Welcome to Worthy.

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,087 posts
  • Interests:My Heavenly Father,Jesus Christ,the Holy Spirit,the Bible,people,all Gods creatures(great,small & furry),from the sublime to the ridiculous,learning in general,artwork,animal trainer,cooking & eating,laughing

Blessings Demetrius

Welcome to Worthy.................Praise the Lord! I am proud to proclaim the Name that is above all names,He is my Lord my Savior,my Living Redeemer!I believe the Lord presents us with  many 'ministry moments"throughout each day & many opportunities to spread the Good News,be it by saying simply"I am a Christian"& displaying those good fruits or just in our daily walk & others will know that it is Christ we represent by what they see.Even the 'Joy of the Lord" that shines like a bright light from a kind smile or gesture will provoke someone to say..."what are you so happy about?'

The Holy Spirit leads & guides us how to move,in words ,actions and everything..........Glory to God!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

chrisscan87

chrisscan87
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Christian a relatively new term. I think Christ follower is better, but I say Christian all the time.

*Zion*

*Zion*

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • Interests:The Kingdom of God.

Welcome Demetrius, God bless you:)

I am sure we are allowed to say that we believe and follow Jesus.  We are to proclaim His good news to all!  Hallelujah!!!

crakdpot

crakdpot
  • 3 posts

I think that anyone can call themself "Christian". By their fruits you shall know them. The "Christian" is the one who in actuality follows Christ. One who says he believes and does not do what Christ commanded is a liar, according to scripture. (1st John)

goldenjade

goldenjade
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Reading the Word, Singing, swimming, and Doing the will of Almighty God.

One does not have to advertise being a christian.  It is our life that speaks the loudest.  If we walk according to the Word of God, it will be evident to the presence of the Holy Spirit in us. Every believer has a portion of the  Holy Spirit; and without it none can be drawn unto him to receive salvation. Yes, it is the holiness that witnesses best. God always makes a way to know the difference between righteousness and unrighteousness, clean and unclean of the inward spirit of a man. It is God who tries the reins and the hearts of men. We are Christ-like in mind, body, and spirit.  Let us always continue to allow the light of God shine upon us as the children of the Most High...the righteousness of Christ.

Your Sister In Christ, 

Eileen 

Edited by goldenjade, 30 May 2014 - 12:06 AM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2015 part of the Worthy Network