christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ministry Through Game Design

* * * * * 1 votes ministry game design

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

Jay-with hope

Jay-with hope
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Hello everybody.  My name is Jay Harrison, and I am the founder of JABHA Creativity.  We design Christian games and are preparing to build a game design school.

Have a blessed day.

Jay

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,918 posts

Welcome Jay.  Tell us more about you personally so we can get to know you better.

BeauJangles

BeauJangles

• PipPip
  • 185 posts

Hi, Jay. Welcome to Worthy! I see your membership status is in full swing here. Sounds like you have a fascinating line of work in this digital age... I hope you'll enjoy the ministry here. It's been a tremendous experience for me.

God bless you!

David/BeauJangles

Logan

Logan

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Hi Jay, welcome to worthy

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,295 posts

Welcome~!

Jay-with hope

Jay-with hope
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Welcome Jay.  Tell us more about you personally so we can get to know you better.

I am the founder of JABHA Creativity.  What is a JABHA?  It is the first initial of the first name of each of us in our family, in birth order. J=Jay, A=Angie, B=Brittany, H=Haley, and A=Aaron.  All of us has a part to do with the organization.  I am founder, dean, and senior designer.  My wife is the community outreach director.  Brittany is the media director.  Haley is a marketing associate, and Aaron is a game tester.  We formed a Christian game design organization and are also working on building a game design school.

How did I get into Christian game design?  Let's go back to 1982 and I played a game called Dungeons and Dragons.  My favorite character to play was a neutral good aligned cleric.  Thirty-two years later I am an ordained minister that makes RPG games.

Two projects are close to my heart right now. PROJECT: SHOW GAMING LOVE where we help brings games showing love and encouragement to give to ministries in Liberia, Nigeria, Pakistan, and India. PROJECT: I WANT TO GAME DESIGN where we help students around the world achieve their goals of attending game design school.  We are getting ready to launch a massive funding campaign for these projects.

I have served as a youth pastor, parking ministry division director, new members, instructor, etc.  My wife and I have been married for 25 years.  If y'all have any more questions, please feel free to ask.

Have a blessed day.

***Links removed***

Edited by ncn, 06 June 2014 - 09:17 AM.
Please do not add links to FB on your posts

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,349 posts

Welcome to Worthy.

Jay-with hope

Jay-with hope
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Hi, Jay. Welcome to Worthy! I see your membership status is in full swing here. Sounds like you have a fascinating line of work in this digital age... I hope you'll enjoy the ministry here. It's been a tremendous experience for me.

God bless you!

David/BeauJangles

Hi Jay, welcome to worthy

Welcome~!

Welcome to Worthy.

Thanks BeauJangles, Logan, FresnoJoe, and OakWood for the warm welcomes.

Be blessed to be blessers.

Jay

OldSchool2

OldSchool2

• Worthy Writers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Hello everybody.  My name is Jay Harrison, and I am the founder of JABHA Creativity.  We design Christian games ...

Board games?
Computer games?
Both?

Jay-with hope

Jay-with hope
  • Members
  • 22 posts

At this time, I have retired my 4-sided, 6-sided, 8-sided, 12-sided, 20-sided, and 100 sided

Hello everybody.  My name is Jay Harrison, and I am the founder of JABHA Creativity.  We design Christian games ...

Board games?
Computer games?
Both?

At this time I have retired my 4-, 6-, 8-, 10-, 12-, 20-, and 100-sided die.  We are currently focusing on computer games.  My eldest daughter is directing the LARPing category.

You never know OldSchool2, if 80's and 90's 2D style is making a comeback, maybe board games can too.  Something I will speak to the team about.  We are expanding to non-traditional genres for games: tourism, magazine supplement, business training, etc.  We have the need to build a large team.  Most of our team members are from the Philippines, at this time.  They want to make Christian themed games.

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,603 posts

Blessings Jay!

Welcome to Worthy.....sounds wonderful,many Blessings to you & your family that you may be used to bless others! Glory to God in all things

Jay,I laughed when you said "Dungeons & Dragons"because I was addicted to that game when it 1st came out,it was way ahead of it's time(& I am not nor have i ever been a gamer)I liked the game so much that I bought a machine & had it in my wreck room back then,it was like an arcade......that is a long time ago     Well,I think you will love it here at Worthy,it is hard not to,surely a Blessing from God!

With love-in Chris,Kwik

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
Welcome to Worthy, Jay!!

OldSchool2

OldSchool2

• Worthy Writers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

At this time, I have retired my 4-sided, 6-sided, 8-sided, 12-sided, 20-sided, and 100 sided

Board games?
Computer games?
Both?

At this time I have retired my 4-, 6-, 8-, 10-, 12-, 20-, and 100-sided die.  We are currently focusing on computer games ...

Turn-based: WEGO, IGOUGO, PBEM, or (pausable) Real Time?

Jay-with hope

Jay-with hope
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Turn-based: WEGO, IGOUGO, PBEM, or (pausable) Real Time?

Currently 2D turn-based, using RPG Maker VX Ace game engine.

*Zion*

*Zion*

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,861 posts

Welcome Jay, God bless you :)

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network