Followers 0

Ministry Through Game Design

12 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hi Jay, welcome to worthy

Posted · Report post

Welcome~!

Posted (edited) · Report post

Welcome Jay.  Tell us more about you personally so we can get to know you better.

I am the founder of JABHA Creativity.  What is a JABHA?  It is the first initial of the first name of each of us in our family, in birth order. J=Jay, A=Angie, B=Brittany, H=Haley, and A=Aaron.  All of us has a part to do with the organization.  I am founder, dean, and senior designer.  My wife is the community outreach director.  Brittany is the media director.  Haley is a marketing associate, and Aaron is a game tester.  We formed a Christian game design organization and are also working on building a game design school.

How did I get into Christian game design?  Let's go back to 1982 and I played a game called Dungeons and Dragons.  My favorite character to play was a neutral good aligned cleric.  Thirty-two years later I am an ordained minister that makes RPG games.

Two projects are close to my heart right now. PROJECT: SHOW GAMING LOVE where we help brings games showing love and encouragement to give to ministries in Liberia, Nigeria, Pakistan, and India. PROJECT: I WANT TO GAME DESIGN where we help students around the world achieve their goals of attending game design school.  We are getting ready to launch a massive funding campaign for these projects.

I have served as a youth pastor, parking ministry division director, new members, instructor, etc.  My wife and I have been married for 25 years.  If y'all have any more questions, please feel free to ask.

Have a blessed day.

***Links removed***

Edited by ncn
Please do not add links to FB on your posts

Posted · Report post

Welcome to Worthy.

Posted · Report post

Hi, Jay. Welcome to Worthy! I see your membership status is in full swing here. Sounds like you have a fascinating line of work in this digital age... I hope you'll enjoy the ministry here. It's been a tremendous experience for me.

God bless you!

David/BeauJangles

Hi Jay, welcome to worthy

Welcome~!

Welcome to Worthy.

Thanks BeauJangles, Logan, FresnoJoe, and OakWood for the warm welcomes.

Be blessed to be blessers.

Jay

Posted · Report post

Hello everybody.  My name is Jay Harrison, and I am the founder of JABHA Creativity.  We design Christian games ...

Board games?

Computer games?

Both?

Posted · Report post

At this time, I have retired my 4-sided, 6-sided, 8-sided, 12-sided, 20-sided, and 100 sided

Hello everybody.  My name is Jay Harrison, and I am the founder of JABHA Creativity.  We design Christian games ...

Board games?
Computer games?
Both?

At this time I have retired my 4-, 6-, 8-, 10-, 12-, 20-, and 100-sided die.  We are currently focusing on computer games.  My eldest daughter is directing the LARPing category.

You never know OldSchool2, if 80's and 90's 2D style is making a comeback, maybe board games can too.  Something I will speak to the team about.  We are expanding to non-traditional genres for games: tourism, magazine supplement, business training, etc.  We have the need to build a large team.  Most of our team members are from the Philippines, at this time.  They want to make Christian themed games.

Posted · Report post

Blessings Jay!

Welcome to Worthy.....sounds wonderful,many Blessings to you & your family that you may be used to bless others! Glory to God in all things

Jay,I laughed when you said "Dungeons & Dragons"because I was addicted to that game when it 1st came out,it was way ahead of it's time(& I am not nor have i ever been a gamer)I liked the game so much that I bought a machine & had it in my wreck room back then,it was like an arcade......that is a long time ago     Well,I think you will love it here at Worthy,it is hard not to,surely a Blessing from God!

With love-in Chris,Kwik

Posted · Report post

Welcome to Worthy, Jay!!

Posted · Report post

At this time, I have retired my 4-sided, 6-sided, 8-sided, 12-sided, 20-sided, and 100 sided

Board games?

Computer games?

Both?

At this time I have retired my 4-, 6-, 8-, 10-, 12-, 20-, and 100-sided die.  We are currently focusing on computer games ...

Turn-based: WEGO, IGOUGO, PBEM, or (pausable) Real Time?

Posted · Report post

Turn-based: WEGO, IGOUGO, PBEM, or (pausable) Real Time?

Currently 2D turn-based, using RPG Maker VX Ace game engine.

Posted · Report post

Welcome Jay, God bless you :)