christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Is real, doctrinally accurate unity possible, according to scripture?

* * * * * 1 votes unity truth fellowship doctrine

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

crakdpot

crakdpot
  • 3 posts

Howdy. New to forum.

My topic question is rhetorical, yet vitally important.

Can we, as believers, be confident in the doctrinal truth to which we adhere, or must we resign ourselves to waiting until we are face to face with Christ to be sure?

Asking the question to stimulate discussion, sharpen iron and God willing, build others up.

If the answer to my topic question is affirmative, what action should follow & why?

Blessings,

Crakdpot

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,909 posts

After spending ten years here on this forum watching people interface and giving their thoughts on the same passages of scripture I would say no it is not possible....      The way the Bible is written, you can take some things in different ways depending on one's frame of mind.  I've known people to disagree with themselves.....  though that is comical at times, it's kind of sad.

I personally think it's because we try and make all this way too complicated.

crakdpot

crakdpot
  • 3 posts

Thanks for the reply!

Does God desire that we be unified?

BeauJangles

BeauJangles

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Hi, Crakdpot. Welcome to Worthy! I hope you enjoy the ministry here... I think it's terrific. Looks as though you've pretty much answered your own question. And other one's commentary makes it very clear. I couldn't have said it better. 

Shalom Aleichem 

David/Beaujangles

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,561 posts

Welcome~!

~

Does God desire that we be unified?

~

Beloved, It is Jesus

For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Philippians 2:13

That

Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Ephesians 4:3

Unifies

There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. Ephesians 4:4-8

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network