christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Divorce -- my impending divorce!

* * * * * 1 votes divorce

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

KC02

KC02

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Interests:Computer programming (mostly web related nowadays)
    Prospecting for gold.

I do not see a divorce section here. Have I simply overlooked it? In any case, I am in a situation where divorce is inevidible.

I was married for nearly two decades and for the past two years, wife was determined to distroy it. And she did. Cheating is a deal breaker at some point. You may get past it the first time, but at some point you can no longer deal with it.

I never thought my marriage would end this way. I assumed that we would terrorize an old folk's home together. Now I feel the 'ol "darn if I do and darn of I dont." In some circles, I will be rejected for my divorce. If I remarry, I would be rejected in other circles.

What has been some of you divorceesed experiences? Please share.

I can say that has been the most painful experience of my life. We do need a section that deals with this sbject and offers support

Butero

Butero

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,367 posts
  • Interests:Religion, Politics, Music, Sports

The majority of the Christian church allows for divorce and re-marriage if your spouse cheated.  There are some who don't allow for divorce and re-marriage under any circumstance, but they are the minority.  I am sorry to hear you are going through this, but you clearly have Biblical grounds for divorce. 

ayin jade

ayin jade

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,327 posts

Sorry to hear that you are going through this. 

Instead of fretting over what others think, spend the time with the Lord and see what He thinks. Get the support system in place of a pastor, brothers in Christ etc. Focus on the Lord to help you through this trial and seek His will in everything.

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,169 posts
  • Interests:Many and varied. Any technology with blinking and flashing lights, no matter what it does...

We serve a BIG God, and you will have no judgement from me. I feel for you in ways you won't understand.

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts
  • Interests:Books, classics, Italian/French
    Languages.
    Music. Classical, Sacred,Opera.
    Philosophy, Poetry.
    Social Anthropology.

Praying

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,984 posts
  • Interests:The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace. And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 - - - Love, Your Brother Joe

Praying~!

1x1is1

1x1is1

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Terrorizing an old folks home together is a neat way to express your future hopes.  I am sorry that it may not turn out that way for you.  At least not with your present spouse.  Don't let that dream die off.  The Lord has a solution for you. 

And as you may know but have not allowed it to come to the surface yet, wondering what others may rate your situation will soon fade if the divorce turns out to be a nasty one.  You may wish for the days like today.  GBU and I will pray for wisdom to be granted to you. 

MissPlaced_56

MissPlaced_56

Veteran Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:EVERYTHING!!! and there peckin order is subject to change at a moments notice!!!

KCO2,

I'm so sorry that you're facing this very painful circumstance in you're life!

Judge you?? NOT FOR A HOT MISSISSIPPI MINUTE!!!

KCO2 you are loved here brother!

As far as advice goes.....What Sheba alluded to is your best course of action....

You need to be still and let GOD LOVE YOU thru this very painful time in your life.

Any time you need to talk ,Please feel free to PM any member of the "Worthy Ministry Team"

GBU ALWAYS Brother!

~~~MISS~~~

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,010 posts
  • Interests:camping computers

after being married for 44 years, I can't help but find this subject almost terrifying....

I can only imagine the hurt and loss.  The closest I've been to this experience was when we had done the MRI tests on my wife and discovered she had MS....   if it hadn't been MS, it would have been a tumor that would have killed her within three months.....

Facing that even 20 + years ago hasn't faded from my mind.

My prayers go out to you.....   I think only God himself can heal that kind of hurt so my prayers are for his help for you.  i do believe he's the only one who can fix it.

GoldenEagle

GoldenEagle

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,206 posts
  • Interests:Jesus, The Bible, Family, Discipleship, Friends, Movies

I do not see a divorce section here. Have I simply overlooked it? In any case, I am in a situation where divorce is inevidible.

I was married for nearly two decades and for the past two years, wife was determined to distroy it. And she did. Cheating is a deal breaker at some point. You may get past it the first time, but at some point you can no longer deal with it.

I never thought my marriage would end this way. I assumed that we would terrorize an old folk's home together. Now I feel the 'ol "darn if I do and darn of I dont." In some circles, I will be rejected for my divorce. If I remarry, I would be rejected in other circles.

What has been some of you divorceesed experiences? Please share.

I can say that has been the most painful experience of my life. We do need a section that deals with this sbject and offers support

So sorry to hear this brother.

My sister went through a divorce last year. Reaching out to family and her church really helped her during the hard days. Also she began going to Celebrate Recovery for codependency, etc.

What is Celebrate Recovery?
Celebrate Recovery is a ministry designed to help hurting people. It is made up of regular folks like you and me, who are on a journey toward wholeness; seeking recovery from and celebrating God's healing of life's hurts, habits and hang-ups. Trained leaders provide safe, confidential, Christ-centered groups where people can grow. They offer their stories as fellow travelers on the journey to healing.
At Celebrate Recovery we believe that change is possible by the power of Jesus through this Biblical program.

You can also see if your local church offers Divorce Care.

We're not here to judge you brother. Let us know how we can better pray for you.

Again, I'm so sorry you're going through this. Will pray for you and your family.

God bless,

GE

KC02

KC02

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
    Prospecting for gold.

Thanks for the thoughtful replies and suggestions. They have meant a lot.

ayin jade

ayin jade

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,327 posts

You kinda need to fix your blog. I got a bunch of code when I clicked the link.

ADisciple

ADisciple
  • Members
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Crafts, Reading, Bible Study/Research, Genealogy. My husband and 4 cats.

KC,

I've also been through divorce (thankfully, it was just as simple as sending him the paperwork to sign and mail off ... no court involvement necessary).

I will confess I royally messed up with that first marriage. I was young and wasn't thinking at all. He ruined my credit (from A1 to bankruptcy) in just 5 short months. Among other things, the last straw was finding conversations between him and a girl online ... about how he wanted to be with her etc etc. I considered that cheating on me. I left. Due to factors I won't go into, it was 11 years before I was able to get a divorce. For 10 of those years, I was with another man ... with whom we both considered ourselves married (we are now officially married).

Funny thing ... just a few days ago, I got down on my knees and asked God's forgiveness for how I handled my first marriage (from beginning to end). My current husband and I have been through "heck and back" over the now 13 years we have been together ... and we have stayed true, faithful, and supportive of one another. I consider this my first marriage (for the actual first one was a 5 month farce in my book). Although, I think God sees that differently! LOL Hence why I was asking for his forgiveness for my idiocy. =)

I didn't mean to hijack your thread, KC ... but just wanted to let you know that you are definitely not alone when it comes to divorce and wanting to please our God.

HUGS from a fellow NC-er. =)

Jessica

Jessica
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:,

Praying for you.

KC02

KC02

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
    Prospecting for gold.

ADisciple,

thanks for your candid conversation about your first marriage -- a true disaster. I have kicked myself a few times for even posting about my marriage. Yeah it's totally humbling and thoroughly embarrassing. Especially for me. Before, I had no empathy for people who were divorced or any idea of the pain it could cause.

You didn't "hijack" the thread. You taught me something... thank you. I am too idealistic. One never knows what is around the corner. God bless you. I pray your marriage only grows stronger. FWI- I have already prayed that prayer. As a man, I take 100 percent responsibility for this notwithstanding the facts of the matter. Hey, if nobody else wants to go to heaven, I still want to go! :)

Sheba: thank you. I believe I fixed the blog.

B3L13v3R

B3L13v3R

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Interests:-God. The Bible. Prayer. Street Evangelism. Non Denominational.
    I would like to see the Body of Christ come together as one. Our guideline must be the Word of God and it rightly divided. Of the 20 some Bible versions I have, I find the KJV to have the most depth.

Praying KC02.

LadyC

LadyC

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,338 posts
  • Interests:my interests vary from week to week, but my faith never does!

not ignoring ya KC.... i just hadn't seen this thread til now. of course, when you posted it i was still under the fog of medication from my surgery. in any case, i've been praying for your situation for a long time, and i know you didn't need me to post here to acknowledge it, but since we've been friends for a thousand years (ok, 15, close enough), i couldn't just NOT post here.

never give up on God. He is more than able to heal the broken heart, and if He has someone else in mind for you to terrorize old folks homes with, He'll bring her into your life at just the right time!

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,464 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, cooking, baking, making cards.
Though I have not bee through anything like a divorce it must Be equivalent to a death except you may still see the one you loved.
Our Father helps us when one dies and He will help you with this, just call on Him and ask Him for support and guidance though friends and family, including church may abandon you - God will be your strength and guide. The shepherd who leads you to the quiet waters to sooth your broken heart and green pastures to refresh you. Just ask Him!

inchrist

inchrist

• PipPip
  • 232 posts

Kind of the same thing God went with through with the "house of Israel" she continually cheated on him.

However God redeemed her.

Perhaps you should find a way in which you can redeem your wife?

Remember Marriage is also about sickness and in health and what your wife seems to have is spiritual sickness and you need to understand it and how to treat it.

What I do know funny enough is the law of attraction.....Ive slept with **Edited** a lot of woman before i changed my life and I understand how to attract them...you need to get your wife's attention back and keep it...there is something that she is finding attractive with the men she is sleeping with and you actually know what it is because you wooed her and she ended up marrying you, re-explore your wife and woo her again.

Edited by ncn, 04 June 2014 - 01:24 PM.
Language content edited

Butero

Butero

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,367 posts
  • Interests:Religion, Politics, Music, Sports

I can't really say anything negative about promoting forgiveness for transgressions, even cheating, but at the same time, you are asking a lot of someone who is with a repeat offender, and you are almost coming across as though the husband is responsible.  The victim becomes the one on trial in that if he had only been a better husband, his wife may not have cheated.  I don't buy that.  She is responsible for her sins, not him.  If he wants to give her another chance that's wonderful, but he certainly doesn't have to.  Fornication comes from a Greek word that includes adultery, and it is grounds for divorce. 

One other thing that a person has to consider is the health risk.  People who cheat repeatedly will often contract STDs, including fatal ones like AIDS.  I am very much in favor of saving any marriage that can be saved, but there are circumstances like this, where even Jesus allows for divorce. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: divorce

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network