• Latest Posts

• Reminders – If you love me, keep my commandments.             There is some confusion in the body of Christ concerning the keeping of the law of commandments. Jesus said, “If you love me, keep my commandments.” John 14:15 As Christians, we certainly love the Lord, don’t we? And if so, He says we should obey Him. Don’t Jesus’ commandments include the Old Testament law? So, what should a Christian’s relationship to that law be?             As we’ve heard so many times before, we must always interpret scripture in context and in its relationship with the rest of the Bible, never isolating verses to fit our doctrine. As we do that concerning the law, we learn from the New Testament that keeping the law for salvation is impossible.  “For by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.” Galatians 2:16; Romans 3:20a The law was not given to save anybody, it was given to reveal man’s sinfulness in not keeping it. “…for by the law is the knowledge of sin.” Romans 3:20b Paul explains what the relationship of the law to man is, “What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid…the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good…But sin, that it might appear sin, works death in me by that which is good; that sin, by the commandment might become exceedingly sinful.” Romans 7:7-13 To punctuate the impossibility of being righteous by the law, James tells us, “For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.” James 2:10 But there is hope. Jesus lived a perfect life according to the law and thus fulfilled the requirements of the law for mankind forever. “Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.” Matthew 5:17 And Jesus’ fulfillment of the law, removed the requirements of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes. Romans 10:4 When we believed the Gospel, He forgave all our failures to keep the law, “having forgiven you all trespasses; Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross.” Colossians 2:13-14 “For [God] hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.” 2 Corinthians 5:21             Final Thoughts: When asked what the New Testament commandments of Jesus are, most savvy Christians will quote Mark 12:29-31 which is to love God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength and your neighbor as yourself. Even the holiest among us will have to confess that they fall woefully short of loving God with ALL. Though we may want to love that much or try to love that much, that little word ALL humbles us into admission of not living up to that standard. So, what are Jesus’ commandments? Whatever He says to you. John 10:27 He is the living Word of God and He tells us what He wants us to do. Not as a list of commands with punishments attached for disobeying, but rather the revealing of His will and what is best for our walk with Him in fellowship. Because we love Him, we want to keep and do those things He asks. The ‘I have to’ of the O.T. law, has now become ‘I want to’ as new creations in Christ.      ph
    • Death, Burial, Resurrection, Belief = Eternal Life For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. Rom. 1:16
    • Hi Marilyn: if I understand you correctly, you answer me by writing  that you believe what is happening now is Daniel  2 & 7 prophecy , But you do not answer if you believe Daniel 12:4 is happening now in our times now, which was my question to you So  for transparency and clarity, if you care to answer, concerning my question concerning  Daniel ch12:4 Once again I ask you: Do you dismiss or agree that this chapter and verse Daniel ch 12:4 is happening now? from Daniel ch12:4? But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased. (Daniel 12:4)
    • Hi 1to3, Yes, I do agree on the most important truth of Jesus our Lord and Saviour as you said. Now, I`m not sure I understand your question for I have always thought what is happening now is prophesied in Daniel 2 & 7 etc. 
  • Who's Online

184 Guests
  • Popular Contributors

• Tell a friend

Love Worthy Christian Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Christian Blogs

• Blog Entries

• Birthdays

1. Bliss
      Bliss
      35 years old
    2. D.A. Moran
      D.A. Moran
      47 years old
    3. darski
      darski
      76 years old