christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Survey: Dog Lovers More Outgoing, Cat Lovers Smarter

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

OldSchool2

OldSchool2

• Worthy Writers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,779 posts

"After surveying 600 college students, researchers concluded what most of us already knew: Dog people and cat people are very different.

"'It makes sense that a dog person is going to be more lively, because they're going to want to be out there, outside, talking to people, bringing their dog,' said study researcher Denise Guastello, an associate professor of psychology at Carroll University in Waukesha, Wisc., who presented the findings at the annual Association for Psychological Science meeting.

"A cat lover, on the other hand, may be 'more introverted, and sensitive, maybe you’re more at home reading a book, and your cat doesn’t need to go outside for a walk.'"

http://news.discover...#mkcpgn=rssnws1

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,005 posts

I like both cats and dogs. Does that mean that I'm both smart and outgoing? :laughing:

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,443 posts

LOL....me too,love them both ......and me & my cat always went for walks,talked to people etc...used to bring him to work with me at all the stables.    Don't know what their talking about?

Love,Kwik

Bethany

Bethany

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Dog person. And I'm very outgoing. I've been told "You beam with confidence when you enter the room". Odd point to make here--my dog is more like a cat. He doesn't go for walks and he's litter box trained. So--if i have dog that acts like a cat...what am I?

Logan

Logan

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Dog person. And I'm very outgoing. I've been told "You beam with confidence when you enter the room". Odd point to make here--my dog is more like a cat. He doesn't go for walks and he's litter box trained. So--if i have dog that acts like a cat...what am I?

Weird?

Bethany

Bethany

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

...Bro's don't count. NCN can't comment on that comment either. lol I am making up new ToS! NCN and Logan are not allowed to comment on anything I say...

Logan

Logan

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

...Bro's don't count. NCN can't comment on that comment either. lol I am making up new ToS! NCN and Logan are not allowed to comment on anything I say...

If you weren't  a girl...I'd be worried about that :P

Edited by Logan, 01 June 2014 - 02:58 PM.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,908 posts

I am a smart sensitive cat lover.....   dogs are too demanding for me... and oh my g the licking......   yuck.

Butero

Butero

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,907 posts

I like dogs and cats, but I guess I am more of a cat person because they are easier to care for.  I also have a dog allergy.  For some reason, cat hair doesn't bother me. 

LadyC

LadyC

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,869 posts

guess i'm just smart. i love my kitties! :P

patticats

patticats

Advanced Member

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Guess my name says it all about me!! :mgcheerful:  I do love all animals though...

coheir

coheir

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts

"After surveying 600 college students, researchers concluded what most of us already knew: Dog people and cat people are very different.

"'It makes sense that a dog person is going to be more lively, because they're going to want to be out there, outside, talking to people, bringing their dog,' said study researcher Denise Guastello, an associate professor of psychology at Carroll University in Waukesha, Wisc., who presented the findings at the annual Association for Psychological Science meeting.

"A cat lover, on the other hand, may be 'more introverted, and sensitive, maybe you’re more at home reading a book, and your cat doesn’t need to go outside for a walk.'"

http://news.discover...#mkcpgn=rssnws1

There are 7 billion people in the world. They could only reach 600 college students.

Funding is really going down hill.

As I grew up I had several dogs an a couple cats I have none at present.  

I too did a survey but I had no funding at all so I asked a college student I know.

He said I was smarter for not having either one now. 

Being an introvert I thought 1 was enough to ask.

LadyKay

LadyKay

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

I'm a cat person but I have a dog. I'm not sure how it happen. :crazy:

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,789 posts

I have 2 dogs and one cat. The cat, is my wifes dogs are mine. And we both tend to be pretty outgoing.

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,789 posts

Kado, my one year old German shephard:

IMG_20131119_222248_686_zpsbzcyeq5g.jpg

A bad picture of Duke, my 7 year old yellow lab:

266_zps3633e552.jpg

Sevenseas

Sevenseas

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,205 posts

One Siberian Husky, 4 low content wolfdogs and one Bullmastiff/Am Bulldog cross.  They won't let me have a cat.

I'm smart enough to train my dogs and outgoing enough to know cats don't ride well in cars (in most cases)

I have had cats in the past...but I tend to like the few that act like a dog.  

Do horses count?

10309195_660119047396128_600107712351461

jmlusa2000

jmlusa2000

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

I am a cat person. :) I love my Bella :wub: 

Omegaman

Omegaman

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

Interesting . . . the study sample was 600 college students . . . is it statistically likely that there is anyone intelligent in the sample? I have 4 cats, but I have only been a 'cat person' late in life, and my intelligence has degraded, not sure what to make of that anecdotal evidence.

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,789 posts

well, omega you bring up a good point-but the question is, was it 600 traditional college students or 600 non-traditional? traditional college students usually live on campus and therefore dont have pets. Which means theyre going off of past pet ownership, and it maynot be the most accurate statistic. If its non-traditional students, well most of them live off campus and have jobs and may indeed be current pet owners leading to a more accurate result.

Qnts2

Qnts2

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts

I currently have one dog, Mollie, a mystery mutt who is spoiled rotten. I have had birds, cats, rabbits (house broken), guinea pigs, a pet rat and of course other dogs before Mollie. I like both cats and dogs, but I got tired of all the work needed for cats. Cleaning litter boxes is no fun. Dogs, you just let outside. No smell and minimal fuss.  The only thing with dogs is they are always on the wrong side of the door. I am an introvert.    

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network