• Latest Posts

• I don't really know much about the Masons. I've heard rumors but some of those could submit be rumors. As far as Washington goes, I must respectfully disagree about him being a deist or anything close to a deist.    The claim that he was a Deist comes from a few writings by others and the claims that he spoke of Providence or Divine Providence, which are not terms that Christians use today, people have made this false assumption that he was a deist. The evidence for his deep Christian faith however I would say is this. There are many paintings that include George Washington dating all the way back to the time of the founding fathers. In many of these paintings, George Washington is often depicted either with a Bible or in some form of prayer, or even looking up into the sky for guidance. Looking at historical texts, it is not hard to find that Washington was extremely devoted to God and sought God constantly. Claiming that Washington was a deist is not only a false accusation, but in my personal opinion it slanders the name of a good man who trusted God with his whole being. Washington was no more ideas than Billy Graham or Charles spurgeon. I am a bit of a history buff, so I know quite a bit about our founding fathers. I've never seen a single legitimate argument that says that Washington was a deist, and virtually every claim made by people about Washington being a deist, are made by people who are not Christian themselves. That's just my two cents, for whatever it's worth.
    • Please take the time to read my post again and we will look in the other matters one by one because I do not want to keep saying that I did not say that or that. I only said that Adam disobeyed God because this is what God said who never said the word "Sin" to neither Adam or Eve. 
    • Washington spoke of God a lot, however I do not think he talked about Jesus being his Lord.   The two pastors where he faithfully attended church have written that he never once took communion with the Church, and when asked about it just stopped attending church on days when communion was served. I would agree he was a good person, as many Masons seem to be.   But you can't be a true Christian and a Mason, especially above the 30th degree.
    • I apologize but I am not sure I completely understand the your question and the direction you might want to take this… but it certainly does give one something to consider! So, I will just try and give you a few thoughts: 1) you are right in saying that Eve sinned first and ate the apple after listening to the serpent, 2) and then Adam followed her, 3) Certainly God gave them the ability to “choose,” but He also knew before the foundation of the world what they would choose, 4) So, why did Eve make the first sin and not Adam? Well, I certainly do not know but here are a few thoughts:     a) Adam, not Eve, was created by God where He breathed His Holy Spirit into,     b) Adam would disobey God and God would HAVE TO take back HIS HOLY SPIRIT that was breathed into Him since God (His Holy Spirit) can not be in the presence of sin,     c) God would tell Adam he would surely die and was removed from God’s presence,      d) Fast forward some 4000 years and Jesus would be borne also without sin,       e) Jesus, would also receive His Holy Spirit on the first day of the 70th week of the prophecy. He would be anointed by His Father when He was baptized by John in the Jordan (Jesus would be heard saying, “into your hands I commit my Holy Spirit”).        f) Jesus never disobeyed God but would take on ALL of our sin. He would also have to “return the Holy Spirit” given to Him by His Father on the day of His baptism. Again, when He took on our sin, the Holy Spirit within Him could not be in the presence of sin.          e) Perhaps Eve symbolizes the Jews who God took out of mankind as a chosen people. They would sin and Jesus come from His people, but He, unlike Adam, would not sin when tempted by the devil.        f) God would restore His Holy Spirit back into Jesus in the 3rd day and would soon return to His Father. Adam (mankind) will also be able to return to God but only by accepting the sacrifice of Jesus.    Just some thoughts generated by your question..     
    • I've had that happen with some very large geese, and they don't just come at you then retreat. They get right in your face and beat you with their very strong wings.
  • Who's Online

138 Guests
  • Popular Contributors

• Tell a friend

Love Worthy Christian Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Christian Blogs

• Blog Entries

• Birthdays

1. Absolem
      Absolem
      34 years old
    2. Adam
      Adam
      82 years old
    3. CaringandSharing
      CaringandSharing
      55 years old