christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Newbie from Egypt

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

Mariahwmfc

Mariahwmfc
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Hi everyone,

My name is Mariam. I'm a 30 years old Christian from Egypt. I currently work as a part time research consultant. Research is really my thing and I enjoy it a lot, but it is underestimated and unappreciated unfortunately in my country. I've given my heart and life to Jesus in 2002. The following year I asked God for wisdom like Solomon. Well, He gave me that... except that I learned my lessons and gained wisdom the hard way with a lot of heartbreaks and hurts along the way. Nonetheless, I am truly grateful and I feel blessed for what the Lord has taught me. Then again, He never really said that life will be utopia...the complete opposite in fact. But I'm holding on to Him till the very end.

Logan

Logan

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Hi Mariam, welcome to worthy

Edited by Logan, 02 June 2014 - 04:31 AM.

BeauJangles

BeauJangles

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Welcome to Worthy, Mariam! We are so glad to have you with us... I hope you feel at home here.

God bless you,

David/BeauJangles

kronborg

kronborg
  • Awaiting Authorisation
  • 94 posts

Welcome to the forum. And thanx for sharing your fine testimony, Mariam. Maybe you could enlighten us about the status of christianity in Egypt. How it is to be a christian in Egypt, compared to Europe and the western World?

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,719 posts
Welcome to Worthy.

Mariahwmfc

Mariahwmfc
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Thank you all for your warm welcome. It feels good to be here.

I really do admire a lot of the Christians here in my country... some of them are strong believers and suffer a lot in turn from people around them, especially those who are beneath the poverty line and those who live in non-friendly Islamic environment. But then again, I learned that God will never let anyone be tried beyond their own ability, and with every trial and tribulation He gives the strength for one to overcome through Jesus. I am confident of that... For girls and women, it can be quite devastating and frustrating. We are not allowed to freely wear whatever we want. Christian girls in particular are constantly harassed, and some Christian girls or women may get kidnapped and raped... but I always say, "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me." (Psalms 23:4 NKJV)

I've recently heard about an incident that happened recently (a few weeks ago). A girl named Mary was spotted by Muslim Brotherhood extremists in her car with a cross hanging from her mirror, so they dragged her out of the car and cut there body into pieces. It happens... people don't like to take about it or admit it, and non-extremists would actually deny it because they don't want to admit of anything that would convict their own religion. The Lord has always been my protector, and the worst I have ever experienced (since I come from a well off family and I live in a good location relatively) were the curses and a spit on my face because of my cross.

I feel sorry for the Muslims though...despite everything... they're like Saul before he becomes the apostle Paul, a warrior for Christ. You know what, those of them who believe and become Christians suffer FAR worse than any Christian ever suffered in my country. They suffer real torture... the kind you see in the movies, and sometimes even worse. But because they believe by true conviction, and most of the times a real miraculous encounter like that of Paul with the Lord Jesus, they become much stronger Christians and warriors for Christ even stronger than those who have, in a way, 'inherited' their faith from being raised in Christian families. 

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,882 posts

Welcome to Worthy.

kronborg

kronborg
  • Awaiting Authorisation
  • 94 posts

Maria, this sounds awful. But amazing that you as christians can cope with this and manage to stay in your country. In my part of the world we have no experience with this type of extreme persecution. After i read your first introduction i say a video on youtube where a church was targeted and some brothers tried to protect it. Some were killed. Then i saw a seqence where children had a tattoo on the wrist showing they belong to Christ - I marvel at the determination, bravery and sincerity you egyptian christians have. Proud to have you onboard!

zeke

zeke
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Hi everyone,

My name is Mariam. I'm a 30 years old Christian from Egypt. I currently work as a part time research consultant. Research is really my thing and I enjoy it a lot, but it is underestimated and unappreciated unfortunately in my country. I've given my heart and life to Jesus in 2002. The following year I asked God for wisdom like Solomon. Well, He gave me that... except that I learned my lessons and gained wisdom the hard way with a lot of heartbreaks and hurts along the way. Nonetheless, I am truly grateful and I feel blessed for what the Lord has taught me. Then again, He never really said that life will be utopia...the complete opposite in fact. But I'm holding on to Him till the very end.

Amen Mariam lovely to see your words our Father does not promise us an easytime but is always with us when we seek HIS Face be BLESSED SISTER and STAY STRONG jm

Ella

Ella
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Welcome  :clap:

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,651 posts

Hi Mariam,  it really uplifts my heart to hear from people like yourself....    We have Christian Life pretty easy here in the states, but I don't know how long that will last.  The brotherhood has made some really scary inroads into our government in the past 30 years.

When I look across the world though what it seems to me is that the Gospel spreads much faster and greater depths in places where persecution is practiced.....   those of areas like yourself have a different story to tell for your faith isn't free.   There are prices to pay for it in daily life.....   and that carries a lot more weight when shown to non believers.   Most of us in the US really don't need the Lord to exist on a daily basis, so we tend to get rather weak spiritually.

So, I am very pleased to meet you, and hope to learn from your experiences.

DemetriusB

DemetriusB
  • Members
  • 23 posts
God bless you

Willa

Willa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,225 posts

Hi Mariam, you have such a beautiful name.  

It is not always easy for everyone in the USA, either.  I was persecuted for my faith and mocked as you were by my husband and his family who were unbelieversi.   I was young and stupid when I married, and didn't even realize he was not a Christian.  It was 11 years before he was saved, and now He is such a blessing, my best friend and a prayer partner.  But we have been married 50 years.  Our sons also love the Lord.  

Here we are not killed and raped for our faith as yet.  Our laws still protect us.  So at work there were many people who refused to work with me because of my faith and many spread false rumors about me, but there was no outright persecution.  We are still free to share our faith with others, but I was not free to do so while at work unless I was asked.  Then I had to be careful not to recommend my own church so it could not be construed as proselytizing.  Other parts of our country are different.

We used to have someone on our forum who may have been a young pastor who was from Egypt.  He is no longer an active member.  After the political leadership changed there, we no longer heard from him.   He was asking if it was necessary for new believers to be baptized because he had required that of them.  Churches were also being burned about that time.  I have been concerned for him.

Blessings, sister, you are most welcome here.

Love,

Willa 

Mariahwmfc

Mariahwmfc
  • Members
  • 11 posts
Thank you all so much for your encouragement. It means a great deal to me to have brothers and sisters like yourselves from afar. I wanna share with you a song that I really love and that reminds me constantly of who I am and what I am here for:

My Life My Love
I give to thee
The Lamb of God who died for me
Oh may I ever faithful be
My Savior and My God

I'll live for him who died for me
I will be there and my life shall be
My Savior and My God
My Savior and My God

The Lamb who died on Calvary
To save my soul and make me free
I'll consecrate my life to thee
My Savior and My God

I will be there and my life shall be
My Savior and My God

I heard on pastor once say that the closer you get to Lord, the more your heart yearns for Him, and the further you get from Him, the more stagnant your life becomes... It is because, as you say, we have a price to pay here, a lot of us Christians feel the need and the hunger for Him who died for us. There is a street that we have here called "EL Zann" which is Arabic and means 'moaning'. This street witnessed a lot of persecution in our history first by the Romans and then by the Muslims and because of the number of Christians were martyred in that street, sometimes the people here these cries at night and whenever they dig they find bodies of the martyrs everywhere.
See the love Jesus makes you love Him, and your very love for Him can make some wonder while others believe.
I pray for these Muslims because they are slaves...slaves of a religion made up by Satan to steel people from The Lord but those of them who change and become believers, they battle to the death and become victors for Christ. You are right, faith is spreading here in a deep level and we believers pray for that everyday.

coffeespiller87

coffeespiller87

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

welcome Mariah to worthy.

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,175 posts

Blessings Mariam

Welcome to Worthy......................may God keep a Hedge of Protection around you,keeping you safe from any hurt ,harm or danger & continue to bountifully Bless you with His Loving Grace & Tender Mercies,His Love endures forever,Praise & Glory to God,in Jesus Name!I am very pleased to meet you,Sister in Christ.............I heard about the young woman with the cross showing in her car,her eternal reward is incomparable to the greatest riches of this temporal world..............these things are horrible atrocities that take place but the Lord is just and the punishment for the wicked is far worse than we could even imagine,that is what helps me to pray for our enemies..............Yes,it is so true that through persecution & suffering God strengthens the faithful & our hope is in Christ,here in America we truly take our freedom for granted & don't even realize that every breath we take is a Blessing from God Almighty.Your message to us is strong,we have much to learn about gratitude,thank you for sharing with us.......Praise the Lord for people like you,Mariam

I look forward to getting to know you ,what type of research do you do?Do you work as a consultant?

God Bless you & keep you                                                                          With love-in Christ,Kwik

Trinitron

Trinitron

• PipPip
  • 135 posts

I have talked to some people from Egypt.  One person told me Christians cannot have police, military, or government jobs.  I talked to a guy that was a Christian and was happy to be in the U.S.  He showed me his bible, it was an parallel Arabic/English bible.  I believe the thought is that Mark founded the church in Egypt.  The Coptic Churches in the U.S. I have noticed the woman wear head coverings as Paul mentions they should do.  Welcome to the forum.

Mariahwmfc

Mariahwmfc
  • Members
  • 11 posts

I have talked to some people from Egypt.  One person told me Christians cannot have police, military, or government jobs.  I talked to a guy that was a Christian and was happy to be in the U.S.  He showed me his bible, it was an parallel Arabic/English bible.  I believe the thought is that Mark founded the church in Egypt.  The Coptic Churches in the U.S. I have noticed the woman wear head coverings as Paul mentions they should do.  Welcome to the forum.

Yes, that is true. It was the the apostle Mark who delivered the message of Christ in Egypt, and many people became believers. Yes, actually, in the Coptic Orthodox church, most women wear a head covering as Paul mentions... coz our hair is our crown, and it would be improper to wear your crown when you are worshiping the King of Kings. That's at least how I was raised and what I was taught.

Mariahwmfc

Mariahwmfc
  • Members
  • 11 posts

I look forward to getting to know you ,what type of research do you do?Do you work as a consultant?

God Bless you & keep you                                                                          With love-in Christ,Kwik

I look forward to getting to know you too... all of you. I'm currently working on two different projects: 1. Reuse of Industrial waste in making construction materials like bricks, mortar, and paint. 2. A comparative analysis of STEM education.

I have a MS in Environmental Engineering and I'd love to have my PhD someday. Just waiting on God to help me with that in the right time.

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,175 posts

Blessings Mariam.....

That is wonderful & so interesting....I know that God will certainly help you to achieve your goals according to the purpose of His calling for you and He will make every provision & opportunity available to you in His Perfect time,,,,,,you remain in my prayers,Glory to God!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network