christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Is Israel a Chosen Servant Race to “Save the World”?

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

inchrist

inchrist

Advanced Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

I would like to get opinions on this...as this seems to be the majority view and I would like to explore this notion why is Israel seen to save the world

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,443 posts

Israel was chosen by God for a purpose. By picking a small and insignificantly populated people, he wanted to demonstrate his power through them. They were the people chosen to give us the Messiah (Jesus).

God also made a promise through their bloodline. Prophecy is to be fulfilled through these promises.

shiloh357

shiloh357

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,473 posts

Israel was chosen by God for a purpose. By picking a small and insignificantly populated people, he wanted to demonstrate his power through them. They were the people chosen to give us the Messiah (Jesus).

God also made a promise through their bloodline. Prophecy is to be fulfilled through these promises.

Yes, Israel was chosen to be the people through whom the Messiah would come into the world and they will fulfill their purpose as being a light to the nations during the millennium.

inchrist

inchrist

Advanced Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

So lets understand “purpose” in order to gauge whither Israel is a “servant” a “Vehicle” or some sort of mode to be the light to the world during the Millennium

There is a problem with this line of view for the following reasons:

• Israels purpose as a Nation was, is and will be a holy nation not to serve other nations but to serve God only
  • Throughout Scripture, Israel was to dwell alone and shall not be reckoned among the nations [Num 23:9]. Prophecy sustains this to the end.
  • Israel is to reign with God over the other nations
  • It is the nations that will be servants to Israel and not the other way round.

Isaiah 61: 5                                 

5Strangers will stand and pasture your flocks, And foreigners will be your farmers and your vinedressers. 6But you will be called the priests of the LORD; You will be spoken of as ministers of our God. You will eat the wealth of nations, And in their riches you will boast.…

Consider this

Exodus 3:15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.

God has purposed something here! His name is “the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob”. This is “for ever”! It is unto “all generations”. Dare any change this into “the God of Jews and Gentiles”?

Deconstructing the “Save the World”

It so true “strangers shall be joined with them” confirms foreigners will become one with Israel as one people, that God’s blessing upon Israel will overflow to other races.

True, foreigners are blessed indeed in their being joined to Israel, but not in the manner suggested by this notion Israel is the saver of the world. Foreigners will be blessed by becoming “servants and handmaids”!

Israel takes “possession” of the foreigners in the Millennium not be servants to them.

We are to be judged according to the law of Israel

“One law and one manner shall be for you, and for the stranger that sojourneth with you”

Lastly if we are to believe that Israel is to save the world where the foreigner can continue in his culture, customs and superstitions at the same time as “believing in Jesus”, we must have another gospel.

Leviticus 20:24 reminds us of God’s purpose for Israel, “I am the LORD your God, which have separated you from other people” This has still not changed.

Why did God separate Israel from the other people? Simply because Israel is being built in the Image of God and if Israel as we have seen mixes with the other races can easily fall for those people’s customs and superstitions and go straight to worshipping other God’s.  Hence why it is a complete contradiction that Israel is a vehicle or shining light to save the world.

Those who like to misuse Jesus’ words, “I came not to judge the world, but to save the world”, put a wrong context and meaning on “the world”; it is “the world of Israel”. In all this, denominations are presenting a wrong purpose as to why God chose Israel to be His “purchased” possession. What they have changed is “save His people” into “save the world”!

It’s a parallel but counterfeit belief

2 Timothy 4:3-5

New International Version (NIV)

For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry.

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,281 posts

It is a false teaching to say that Jesus came only to save Israel and not the whole world.

**Please tread very carefully, because your posting sounds as if you are trying to teach and that is not permitted on Worthy. 

We do not allow teaching from members, only from those who are part of Worthy Ministries.**

inchrist

inchrist

Advanced Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

It is a false teaching to say that Jesus came only to save Israel and not the whole world.

**Please tread very carefully, because your posting sounds as if you are trying to teach and that is not permitted on Worthy. 

We do not allow teaching from members, only from those who are part of Worthy Ministries.**

Hi ncn,

No not at all other wise i would of chosen another name than inchrist if I didnt believe Jesus didnt come for my salvation also, however salvation is another topic.

What I'm addressing is  "israel" herself as a servant or vehicle to save the world...and I'm saying through scripture that is not the case. Israel is not a corporate saviour to save the world. Jesus is a personal saviour

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network