christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hi

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

Samuel Stuart Maynes

Samuel Stuart Maynes
  • Members
  • 8 posts

My nickname is Stu, and I'm a retired Civil Engineer living in Surrey near Vancouver, B.C., Canada.

Although I consider myself a Christian, I'm interested in all major religions, and look forward to discussing how Christians can help make peace in a world of varying but mostly honest understandings of God.

Thanks for having me.

Samuel Stuart Maynes

Hippie333

Hippie333

Veteran Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Welcome to Worthy Sam!

Logan

Logan

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Hi Stu, welcome to worthy

jmlusa2000

jmlusa2000

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Hi Stu. Welcome to Worthy!! :) 

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,603 posts

Blessings Stu

Welcome to Worthy........nice to have you join us Stu.Do you really think that most people have an honest understanding of God......Sadly,I believe the opposite,,,I believe most people do not have an honest understanding of God and even less than that have any relationship with the Lord.If most people did then we would live in a more peaceful world.

To help make peace in the wold we must first "shod our own feet with the preparation of the Gospel of Peace

Ephesians 6:11-20

King James Version (KJV)

11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,

20 For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

With love-in Christ,Kwik

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,213 posts

Welcome to Worthy. 

BeauJangles

BeauJangles

• PipPip
  • 185 posts

Welcome to Worthy, Stu! Comparative Religion is fine, but many lead you towards pathways of deception. Making Christ your primary study, will never lead you astray.

God bless you,

David/Beaujangles

MissPlaced_56

MissPlaced_56

Veteran Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts

Stu,

Welcome to Worthy Brother!

I'm looking forward to getting to know you better, i'm comming from an opposite point of view here,

if we don't know what other religions believe then how can we counter them.....and show them that their in error??

GBU

~~~MISS~~~

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,538 posts
Welcome o Worthy!!

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,310 posts

Welcome~!

Willamina

Willamina

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Hi Stu, we have been through Surrey many times, since we are neighbors to your south and have vacationed a lot there.  Close friends live in Everson WA.  We like to go bird watching at Riefel, too.  

However, I don't think there will be much unity among differing religions till Jesus returns and sets up His earthly kingdom.  We are doing good to find unity among Christians.  And I don't think that all worship the same God.  Ours is the only faith where God seeks us out and demonstrates His love for us.  Most religions are full of hate and fear.  

You are most welcome here.

Willa

coffeespiller87

coffeespiller87

Veteran Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Hi Sam welcome to Worthy.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,354 posts

Welcome to Worthy.

gracelovehope1

gracelovehope1

• PipPip
  • 129 posts

Welcome to Worthy Stu

Shazzie

Shazzie
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Hi Stu, welcome to worthy

Logan i have no clue as to how to post 5 posts..

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,213 posts

Shazzie, 

Welcome to Worthy. 

When others respond you can reply back, you will soon have five posts .   :thumbsup:

Mike

Mike

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Welcome to Worthy Stu!! Hope that you will have a great time here!!!

God bless you!! :)

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network