christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Shootings

* * * * * 1 votes Out of Control

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

tigger398

tigger398

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts

Does anyone notice that these school shootings, or shootings in general is getting out of control. That shootings are increasing.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,992 posts
  • Interests:camping computers

from what I have read shootings in general are about the same for the past ten years.....   I think the school shootings are more frequent because of the big deal that is made of them when they happen...    sort of "see one, do one" kind of thing...    copy cat killers is another way of expressing it.  That and schools are free fire zones where no one else there is armed and can't stop it.

People are killing themselves at a higher rate than they used to and it appears to me that they want to go out being remembered.

Those are my personal observations...

shiloh357

shiloh357

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,163 posts
  • Interests:Israel Advocacy Bible Study, Apologetics, Theology, Camping, Hiking, Fishing, Birdwatching, BBQing

School shootings have been going on for a long time and are more frequent than are reported.  Part of the reason is that the school shootings that get covered are the ones occurring in suburban America.  Schools in parts of the country where the community is upper middle class are reported on while school shootings in urban, inner city areas are rarely reported on unless they result in huge casualty/fatality rates.

Not only that but since the liberal media is behind the radical left's ridiculous control policies, they report on these more frequently in order to help make the case for stronger control on gun sales which will have zero affect on the number of those kinds of shootings/killings.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,095 posts
  • Interests:Archery, painting, plants and animals, Medieval history

School shootings have been going on for a long time and are more frequent than are reported.  Part of the reason is that the school shootings that get covered are the ones occurring in suburban America.  Schools in parts of the country where the community is upper middle class are reported on while school shootings in urban, inner city areas are rarely reported on unless they result in huge casualty/fatality rates.

Not only that but since the liberal media is behind the radical left's ridiculous control policies, they report on these more frequently in order to help make the case for stronger control on gun sales which will have zero affect on the number of those kinds of shootings/killings.

I keep thinking that some of the shootings may have been done deliberately in order to fulfill a political agenda. No... I didn't say that. :taped:

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,992 posts

I keep thinking that some of the shootings may have been done deliberately in order to fulfill a political agenda. No... I didn't say that. :taped:

I've been kind of afraid to say that.....    but the timing is quite suspect..

JustinM

JustinM

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,282 posts
  • Interests:Ridng my motorcycle, coaching/playing intramural sports, reading, studying, running, fantasy football, etc.

Most mass shooters end up killing themselves once the massacre ends, either through disruption, or once their supplies have been expended.  I believe the people that go on these shooting rampages have chosen to end their lives and are very angry about that. 

People used to commit suicide in a manner that would humiliate their loved ones, nowadays people aren't satisified with the decision to just end their lives.  My guess they're thinking, "Since I'm going to Hell anyway, I'm gonna take as many with me as I can."  Figuratively speaking. . .

I believe these massacres happen because the people committing them have been secularized.  They can't fear a god they don't believe in, so they don't care what happens when they die.  As far as they are concerned, their life just ends, no eternal justice, no eternal consequences for their evil, just nothingness.

With that way of thinking, I can see why they wouldn't be afraid to kill innocent people and themselves.

The gun control progressives know this to be true, which is why they always try to take the focus off the killers and blame the weapons.

It's a spiritual war, always has been.  That's why it doesn't matter what the weapon is.  We've seen mass poisonings, stabbings, vehicular homicides, shootings, bombings, hijackings, etc.  The weapons are the means to end.  Mass murders are communism in action.  The last century should have clued us in on that.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,095 posts

Most mass shooters end up killing themselves once the massacre ends, either through disruption, or once their supplies have been expended.  I believe the people that go on these shooting rampages have chosen to end their lives and are very angry about that. 

People used to commit suicide in a manner that would humiliate their loved ones, nowadays people aren't satisified with the decision to just end their lives.  My guess they're thinking, "Since I'm going to Hell anyway, I'm gonna take as many with me as I can."  Figuratively speaking. . .

I believe these massacres happen because the people committing them have been secularized.  They can't fear a god they don't believe in, so they don't care what happens when they die.  As far as they are concerned, their life just ends, no eternal justice, no eternal consequences for their evil, just nothingness.

With that way of thinking, I can see why they wouldn't be afraid to kill innocent people and themselves.

The gun control progressives know this to be true, which is why they always try to take the focus off the killers and blame the weapons.

It's a spiritual war, always has been.  That's why it doesn't matter what the weapon is.  We've seen mass poisonings, stabbings, vehicular homicides, shootings, bombings, hijackings, etc.  The weapons are the means to end.  Mass murders are communism in action.  The last century should have clued us in on that.

That's a good point Justin. It's not guns that are to blame, it's the secularisation of society. So in many ways the people that blame this stuff on the Second Amendment have only themselves to blame because it is their policies that are causing this. Of course, they would never see this, nor would they admit it.

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,447 posts
  • Interests:Church, spending time with the family, Hunting, Fishing, shooting, camping, anything outdoors really, occasionally dabling in the finer arts of computers.

there have been school shootings-as well as other mass killings going on for some time. Theyre just being publicised more, especially with the gun control agenda using them to push their flawed rules.

amor

amor

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,640 posts

That's a good point Justin. It's not guns that are to blame, it's the secularisation of society. So in many ways the people that blame this stuff on the Second Amendment have only themselves to blame because it is their policies that are causing this. Of course, they would never see this, nor would they admit it.

Britain is a much more secular than the US but  we also have  strict gun control laws and these events are much rarer here. Dunblane 1996, when 12 children were klled was the only school shooting in living memory. There have been a small number of other drive by style spree shootings: Hungerford 1987, Cumbra 2010. In these 3 cases the killers were amongst the small minority of the population with legally owned fire  arms.

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts
  • Interests:My Heavenly Father,Jesus Christ,the Holy Spirit,the Bible,people,all Gods creatures(great,small & furry),from the sublime to the ridiculous,learning in general,artwork,animal trainer,cooking & eating,laughing

Blessings tigger,,,

I think just as it has been said already ,they are not any more or less than ever but just more publicized..................Justin has said a mouthful,it is all about spiritual warfare,all about secularization...................No fear or reverence for God Almighty.

My cousins ex-husband called her 6am this morning.......his little sisters husband shot & killed their small child,her & then himself.....they must believe their  troubles will be over & that  life will just end ,they will simply cease to exist.Little do they realize their trouble has only begun....the beginning of no end to their pain & suffering...............

The enemies greatest feat is that he has convinced people not only that they do not need the Lord,a Savior but that he (the devil)does not exist

With love-in Christ,Kwik

j102

j102

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:depends on my mood :D
It should also be noticed that a good majority of these shooters were on psych meds which can really mess with a young persons mind. The kids that are on these meds need to be monitored more closely for signs of unusual behavior.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,992 posts

It should also be noticed that a good majority of these shooters were on psych meds which can really mess with a young persons mind. The kids that are on these meds need to be monitored more closely for signs of unusual behavior.

that is a reality that is seldom talked about.....

Chris.

Chris.
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Here in Australia we have nil to report as there are no school shootings because we banned guns largely and I am very happy to be in a country where those stupid things aren't in the hands of the general public. :) The best place for guns is landfill at the dump or squashed to make cars. Something like that happened to all our guns many years ago and almost of us  love it and don't want them back.

I'm staying right here where it's safe and peaceful.

Edited by Chris., 08 June 2014 - 09:56 AM.

Chris.

Chris.
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Britain is a much more secular than the US but  we also have  strict gun control laws and these events are much rarer here. Dunblane 1996, when 12 children were klled was the only school shooting in living memory. There have been a small number of other drive by style spree shootings: Hungerford 1987, Cumbra 2010. In these 3 cases the killers were amongst the small minority of the population with legally owned fire  arms.

We leave you guys for dead for secular maybe. Pubs out number churches 10 to 1 and sport is almost religion here, hardly anyone attends church and Christians are a minority of the population maybe 12% of the population go to christian churches regularly.    We rarely have shootings because they got rid of the guns.  The only ones we get on the news are like deliberate gang criminal hit type things and it's not very common. 

Edited by Chris., 08 June 2014 - 10:05 AM.

LoveGeneration

LoveGeneration
  • Members
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Reading the Bible <3
    Watching Pastor Chris <3
    Video games <3
    Blogging <3
    Singing and playing the piano <3

Does anyone notice that these school shootings, or shootings in general is getting out of control. That shootings are increasing.

Yeah, it's horrible. The rapture is near.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,992 posts

We leave you guys for dead for secular maybe. Pubs out number churches 10 to 1 and sport is almost religion here, hardly anyone attends church and Christians are a minority of the population maybe 12% of the population go to christian churches regularly.    We rarely have shootings because they got rid of the guns.  The only ones we get on the news are like deliberate gang criminal hit type things and it's not very common. 

when you start having the problems that the US is presently having, you will wish you had your guns back.

I think if I was going to go nuts and "do" a bunch of people in a no weapons zone, I would not do it with a gun...  It takes a little training to use a gun well, and you can learn to use a sword just as easy......    a person who understands and can use a 36 inch sword is about as deadly as a person with a gun (assuming no one else has a gun)  They are super quiet not alerting others around and they never misfire and are as deadly as a gun or more so.

JustinM

JustinM

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,282 posts
  • Interests:Ridng my motorcycle, coaching/playing intramural sports, reading, studying, running, fantasy football, etc.

Australia doesn't even have 10% of the population the US has.  What works there cannot work here.  A few crazies committing atrocities out of few hundred million people is not a gun problem.  If that were the case, you would hear of Americans going on shooting rampages everyday.

Most of America lives in peace, most of the gun violence battlegrounds take place in drug/gang territories.

JustinM

JustinM

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,282 posts

Great Britain is not even 20% of the US population.  The more people you have living on top of each other, the more violent that area will become.  Criminals love the anonymity that large populations provide them.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,095 posts

Great Britain is not even 20% of the US population.  The more people you have living on top of each other, the more violent that area will become.  Criminals love the anonymity that large populations provide them.

It's only 20% of the population but it's less than 4 or 5% the size in area. Theoretically there are more people living on top of each other in Britain than there are in the U.S.

However saying that, we did not have strict gun laws until Hungerford and Dunblane. Before then it was relatively easy to get a firearms certificate. I remember finding a round of live ammunition on the street near my house when I was a kid. It belonged to a neighbour who owned a collection of guns. My father told me to take the round and give it back to him. He showed me a Smith & Wesson revolver that he had and let me point and click it. He showed me how the double action worked. As a boy, I was fascinated.He also had a collection of rifles and a shotgun. I don't remember what they were.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,992 posts
What happened in Rwanda... could happen anywhere. Disarming any population leaves them helpless to anyone who is armed... and it seems the bad guys are always armed.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network