christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Stephen Hawking: 'There are no black holes'

black holes stephen hawking theory quantum space universe

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

Omegaman

Omegaman

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,917 posts
  • Interests:Bible, photography, travel, eBay :), things with engines, marine tropical fish, sailing on dry land, camping, Worthychatting, making things, learning, food lol, browsing the i-net, creating and hosting websites, these are a few of my favorite things.

(for those who find such topics interesting)

http://www.nature.com/news/stephen-hawking-there-are-no-black-holes-1.14583

anthonyjmcgirr

anthonyjmcgirr

• PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Interests:writing, reading, watching movies, spending time with loved ones, creating.

See, this is why science and I cannot be friends. 

A few years ago an atheist would've called me an idiot for not accept the basic facts and mechanics of a black hole.  But the majority of it is theory.  Theory that changes constant.  Science isn't at odds with itself though.  They expect it to change as we get new ideas and theories, but those theories will change.  And the ones after that.  It's incredibly frustrating.  Why shove something in my face as fact and the truth knowing it's probably not fact and will eventually give way to a new theory?

Except the fact that we don't even have a miniscule idea on how anything works out there.  All the time are we blindsided with something that 'isn't possible' according to the way we understand things. 

Omegaman

Omegaman

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,917 posts
  • Interests:Bible, photography, travel, eBay :), things with engines, marine tropical fish, sailing on dry land, camping, Worthychatting, making things, learning, food lol, browsing the i-net, creating and hosting websites, these are a few of my favorite things.

Seems to me that someone once said that a theory is an idea, beaten up by a brutal set of facts, lol. 

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,361 posts
  • Interests:Many and varied. Any technology with blinking and flashing lights, no matter what it does...

(for those who find such topics interesting)

http://www.nature.com/news/stephen-hawking-there-are-no-black-holes-1.14583

Sigh... And just when I was geting accoustomed to them as neighbors....

shiloh357

shiloh357

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,483 posts
  • Interests:Israel Advocacy Bible Study, Apologetics, Theology, Camping, Hiking, Fishing, Birdwatching, BBQing

Yes, if a creationist had the nerve to say that there no black holes, the evolutionists would have fallen all over themselves in running to condemn and mock creationists.

enoob57

enoob57

Royal Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,104 posts
  • Interests:**Study God's Word to know God...
    **To know Christ in service to others!
    **Multi skilled in building industry for use in that service.
    **Computer skills: graphic art, cad design
    **Bible College 3.5 years
The laws themselves that form the design structures into scientific reason are but temporary to the infinite paradigm...
As we are in the present so never again will be >inevitably< will lead to the result= all things are possible to that which
is already there... the increase of knowledge both macro and micro introduced into the realm of reason finds no more gain
toward the vanity of exhausting the problems of arrivals but merely indicators of The God Head... that which is created was
to point to this and more clearly it is seen by that which has not been consumed by the idols! Love, Steven

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,361 posts
  • Interests:Many and varied. Any technology with blinking and flashing lights, no matter what it does...

Yes, if a creationist had the nerve to say that there no black holes, the evolutionists would have fallen all over themselves in running to condemn and mock creationists.

I'm waiting for the evolutionist's to give their answer to Hawking's statement.

The defining characteristic of a black hole may have to give, if the two pillars of modern physics — general relativity and quantum theory — are both correct.

walla299

walla299

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,775 posts

Seems to me that maybe God put things like black holes out there just to mess with the evolutionists' minds . . . :whistling:

jerryR34

jerryR34

Veteran Member

• Nonbeliever
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

See, this is why science and I cannot be friends. 

A few years ago an atheist would've called me an idiot for not accept the basic facts and mechanics of a black hole.  But the majority of it is theory.  Theory that changes constant.  Science isn't at odds with itself though.  They expect it to change as we get new ideas and theories, but those theories will change.  And the ones after that.  It's incredibly frustrating.  Why shove something in my face as fact and the truth knowing it's probably not fact and will eventually give way to a new theory?

Except the fact that we don't even have a miniscule idea on how anything works out there.  All the time are we blindsided with something that 'isn't possible' according to the way we understand things. 

the beauty of science...it changes with the facts...

Schouwenaars

Schouwenaars

• Nonbeliever
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Interests:Judo, badminton, science (especially quantum mechanics), ancient greece, philosophy

Stephen Hawking only said: 'there migth be no black holes as we know them'

that's something completly different. black holes have to exist. mathematicly and physicly.

Schouwenaars

Schouwenaars

• Nonbeliever
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Interests:Judo, badminton, science (especially quantum mechanics), ancient greece, philosophy

and let me give you a exemple of when science has gone wrong another time:

i guess we all agree now that all our stuff is made out of atoms?

well during several decades the atomic model has been changed many times.

but now we have the correct form, after all those wrong models.

so do you deny the existence of atoms because the model has been wrong some time ago?

science is like learning: you can be wrong many times, but eventually you will get it.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,434 posts
  • Interests:The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace. And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 - - - Love, Your Brother Joe

Stephen Hawking only said: 'there might be no black holes as we know them'

that's something completely different.

black holes have to exist. mathematically and physically.

:thumbsup:

Beloved, Yet Once Again

Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away. Mark 31:31

The idea of black holes is generally attributed to the French mathematician, Pierre Simon Laplace, who, in 1796 was studying the subject of escape velocity. This is the speed something must be accelerated to in order to prevent being pulled back by the gravity of a larger body.

For example, to escape the Earth's gravitational pull, we must accelerate our rockets to over 11 kilometers per second. Any slower and they would fall back to Earth, victim of the pull of Earth's gravity. Any Faster, and it will never return.

While working on this problem, Laplace noticed a relationship between the size of an object and its mass. He noticed that if you made an object smaller, but kept its mass the same, the escape velocity increased.

While playing with the calculations, he found that if you made the Earth half as small, but kept the mass the same, the escape velocity doubled to 22 km per second. Taking things further, he reasoned that if you kept squeezing the Earth smaller and smaller, eventually the escape velocity would equal the speed of light. For the Earth to be this heavy, Laplace calculated it would be only 1.8 millimeters across.

The idea of the black hole was born....

....Neutron stars are formed from the collapse of stars less than three times the mass of the Sun. From uhuru data, The companion to this star appeared to be five to eight times the mass of the Sun, this object was too large to be a neutron star. Current, more recent estimates put the mass of this companion at least 10 solar masses.

This could be nothing other than a black hole.... http://www.deepastro...oles-exist.html

(lol~!

Of Course Not

Yet Those Thoughts

And Rationalizations Of Goofy Fellows

Seems To, Like That Old Black Magic In History

Cause The "Hard" Science Of Their Minds To Puff, To Disappear 

And Morph Into Mythos And Idol Worship

While Bowing Before Their Dreams

And Conjectures

- Insert By Joe)

Most Men Just Won't

Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters. Revelation 14:7

Get It

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. 1 John 2:15-16

Yet

And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever. 1 John 2:17

~

and let me give you a example of when science has gone wrong another time:

so do you deny the existence of atoms because the model has been wrong some time ago?

science is like learning: you can be wrong many times, but eventually you will get it.

Philosophical Science (Scientism) Is Like A Lie

But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 1 Corinthians 15:20-22

And Neither It Nor It's Evil Master

Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also. 1 John 2:22-23

Will Ever Understand

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. Colossians 1:16-17

Until They Get

And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him. Jude 1:14-15

It

And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh. Revelation 19:19-21

Schouwenaars

Schouwenaars

• Nonbeliever
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Honestly, i don't understand what you want to say. 

It looks like a poem :)

ollkiller

ollkiller

Advanced Member

• Nonbeliever
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Interests:Playing gigs

Honestly, i don't understand what you want to say. 

It looks like a poem :)

It took me a while to get joe's posting but what he says are in black then explained by scripture, don't agree with everything he says, but he does say it well.

ollkiller

ollkiller

Advanced Member

• Nonbeliever
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Interests:Playing gigs

That's not what the article says though is it. 

Very interesting article, how anything could escape a black hole baffles me but then again Quantam theory is crazy.

enoob57

enoob57

Royal Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,104 posts
  • Interests:**Study God's Word to know God...
    **To know Christ in service to others!
    **Multi skilled in building industry for use in that service.
    **Computer skills: graphic art, cad design
    **Bible College 3.5 years

Very interesting article, how anything could escape a black hole baffles me but then again Quantam theory is crazy.

Not crazy but merely upholding The Word of God 'all things are possible to God'
and His Creation testifies of His Person... Rom 1:20
Matt 19:26
26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is
impossible; but with God all things are possible.
KJV

How that light can be particle and wave as The Creator without beginning
can begin in flesh yet having no beginning...
Love, Steven

Schouwenaars

Schouwenaars

• Nonbeliever
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

quantum mechanics seems unnatural to us, but that doesn't make it nonsens.

and light that cannot escape is not that strange, is it?

it's just gravity.

*Zion*

*Zion*

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,864 posts
  • Interests:The Kingdom of God.

I agree, and I like your logic!  :thumbsup: 

Many people have been wrong about God.  That doesn't stop Him from existing and being who He is: God :)

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,434 posts
  • Interests:The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace. And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 - - - Love, Your Brother Joe

...quantum mechanics seems unnatural to us, but that doesn't make it nonsense....

....and light that cannot escape is not that strange, is it?....

....it's just gravity....

In The Same Vain, God's Love May Seem Unnatural To Unrepentant Sinners

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

But That Still Doesn't Make Him Nonsense

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160

And That A Natural Man Can Not Escape His Wages Is Not Strange

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. John 3:17-20

For He's Just A Dead Man Walking

But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) Ephesians 2:4-5

~

Beloved, Still Not Clear?

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. John 5:24

Jesus Saves

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. John 6:47

Love, Joe

Schouwenaars

Schouwenaars

• Nonbeliever
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

I agree, and I like your logic!  :thumbsup: 

Many people have been wrong about God.  That doesn't stop Him from existing and being who He is: God :)

thank you, finally someone who approves my thinking :)

and it is indeed also possible for god.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network