christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Do you as a Christian feel like this ?

* * * * * 1 votes Fernweh

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,555 posts
Just found a German word that suits so many of us - fernweh : felling homesick for a place you have never been. Does that not suit every Christian? Homesick for Heaven and Jesus!!
Now when someone asks you why you sit and gaze dreamily into space you can tell them you are just feeling fernweh!

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Yes, I've often felt like that but until I was saved I didn't actually know why.

LoveGeneration

LoveGeneration
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Just found a German word that suits so many of us - fernweh : felling homesick for a place you have never been. Does that not suit every Christian? Homesick for Heaven and Jesus!!
Now when someone asks you why you sit and gaze dreamily into space you can tell them you are just feeling fernweh!

Well, I have much work to do here in Earth, saving souls and whatnot, so I have no time to feel fernweh for Heaven when so many people are going to Hell. But that's just me...

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,660 posts

No I can't say that I feel that way.

Luke 17:20-21

20 Once, having been asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, "The kingdom of God does not come with your careful observation, 21 nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is within you ."
NIV.

I found God here yesterday in my quiet time.

20140606_193013_zps61c2b03b.jpg

Hall7

Hall7

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
The natural beauty of Earth itself is beautiful, it's the inhabitants that make it hard to live here at times.

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,555 posts
I disagree that man alone has spoiled the earth. If so, we diminish the evil inflicted on earth by Satan and his influence on man. God created the earth to be perfect - until Satan was given dominion.

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,555 posts
God and His peace can be found in the deepest despair of man however, for the Christian who understands that this is not all there is and that we were created to be with our Lord who has gone to prepare a home for us, we long to be with the Lover of our souls - with Jesus, and to experience Him and His presence. Hence, FERNWEH.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,660 posts
Just remember that the kingdom of heaven is not some far off place, it is within you. You can be at home anywhere.

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,555 posts
I am fully content with my Lord here on earth and do what I can for Him, but, I LONG to be WITH Him - in HIS presence for He promised to come and take me home to be with Him forever !! Therefore this old weary sin laden world is NOT my home if Jesus words are true!!
Therefore, FERNWEH!!

Hall7

Hall7

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

I disagree that man alone has spoiled the earth. If so, we diminish the evil inflicted on earth by Satan and his influence on man. God created the earth to be perfect - until Satan was given dominion.

It's the fallen spirit of man that destroys the Earth, but it isn't the fau lt of man it's the influence of the spirit of the world within man.Fernweh:)

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network