Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

i am new to Christianity

32 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I am new to the christian faith. I did not grow up in a christian home and a bit confused about some things. In the bible it saids love this sinner but hate the sin but i see people that say they are Christians hating people. It seems like Christian either arent really Christians or only following what that want to follow in the bible. Does god promote hate? I just dont understand any of it. i read the bible but I will admit i only understand i portion of it.

Posted · Report post

Welcome to worthy sister. I'm happy to hear that you've recently accepted Christ.

Posted · Report post

Hi Amanda, welcome to worthy

Posted · Report post

Nice to Meet you Amanda. and no God does not promote hate. that is a short answer so we can discuss it on a thread in the forum or you could come into chat.

Posted · Report post

Welcome to Worthy!!

Posted · Report post

​Welcome to Worthy, 

We love the sinner by speaking the truth in love.

We hate the sin by refusing to condone, ignore, or excuse it.

1Jn 4:8  

The one who does not love has not known God. For God is love. 

1Jn 4:9  
In this the love of God was revealed in us,
because God sent His only begotten Son into the world that we might live through Him. 

Posted · Report post

Welcome to Worthy!

Posted · Report post

Hi, Amanda. Welcome to Worthy! For a new Christian, you certainly have a lot of  godly insight. Yes we are supposed to love the sinner, but not accept their sinful ways... Excellent! Why do some not follow Christ's example in this? They forgot WWJD: What Would Jesus Do? Looks like you understand this well. Welcome, sister.

God bless you!

Shalom

David/BeauJangles 

(KJV) Luke 5:32  I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Posted · Report post

Welcome to Worthy.

Posted · Report post

Welcome~!

Posted · Report post

Welcome Amanda, God bless you :)

Posted · Report post

Welcome to worthy.

Posted · Report post

Hi Amanda,

I know what you mean.  I think people go to church for many different reasons, and some are very hypocritical.  Just remember, as in life, you cannot judge an entire group by the actions of a few.  Calling yourself a Christian, does not make you Jesus.  We are all imperfect.  Try to be the bigger person and forgive those who hurt you.  Pray that one day they will see the error in their ways.  

Much love.

Posted · Report post

Hi yall thanks for all the encouraging words and great verses :)

Posted · Report post

Welcome to worthy sister

Posted · Report post

Welcome amanda!

Posted · Report post

Welcome!

Posted · Report post

Amanda, welcome. View your christian life as a newly planted seed. It takes watering (reading the Bible) and weeding (being conscience of and removing sin). Your life/seed will begin to sprout and eventually produce fruit. But this happens over time, not over night. Always be in a spirit of prayer and make time to get alone and pray to God daily. 

Welcome to the family. God has called you and you have responded. Keep the faith sister.  :biggrin2:

Posted · Report post

Welcome to Worthy, but more important, welcome to the Kingdom! This is a question that you will be bombarded with for the foreseeable future, as the "world" will ask this as well. A really good answer was from;

Hi, Amanda. Welcome to Worthy! For a new Christian, you certainly have a lot of  godly insight. Yes we are supposed to love the sinner, but not accept their sinful ways... Excellent! Why do some not follow Christ's example in this? They forgot WWJD: What Would Jesus Do? Looks like you understand this well. Welcome, sister.

God bless you!

Shalom

David/BeauJangles 

(KJV) Luke 5:32  I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

We are supposed to agree with God on what is sin, and then we ask Him through the Holy Spirit to through His power remove that from our lives, becoming more like Christ in the process. We understand that we are the same as the people who are "in sin" now, except because of the power of God, we are accepted and freed from the bondage of sin. So we pray for them (the sinners we see) and we don't accept the sins, but we love the people and model the transforming power of our LORD to them. Hope that helps

Posted · Report post

Hello.  I saw your other thread about giving up, and asked you if you were coming from the place of being a Christian.  I just saw this thread for the first time, so question answered.  Sister, if you are a born again Christian, the things you did before you got saved are past.  I have no idea what kind of a Christian would attack you for things in your old life, but they were wrong to do so.  I won't lie about the sinfulness of fornication to spare feelings, but we all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God in our past, so try not to let it bother you.  As for the birth control thing, within the Christian church, we all have different views of what is sin and what is not.  We don't all interpret scripture the same.  If you ask an opinion about the sinfulness of something, you might get answers you don't want to hear, and if you talk to the wrong people, you might get jumped on, like the person did to you when they called you names.  If you were to ask my opinion about birth control, I would give you my honest view, but ultimately, you have to decide if my opinion matches up with the Bible.  The same thing applies with regard to anyone else.  We give opinions.  We try to get it right, but we don't always agree, and we can't all be correct.  Seek God about those things you aren't sure of.  I hope I was of some help to you.

Posted · Report post

I am new to the christian faith. I did not grow up in a christian home and a bit confused about some things. In the bible it saids love this sinner but hate the sin but i see people that say they are Christians hating people. It seems like Christian either arent really Christians or only following what that want to follow in the bible. Does god promote hate? I just dont understand any of it. i read the bible but I will admit i only understand i portion of it.

Being born again as a Christian is literally like being born for the first time...

We must learn as a child of God just like we do as a newborn baby...

No child will ever grow up to excel in everything they do... We all are to strive for perfection in every aspect of God's word but, few of us master it... We all have weaknesses and must grow and strive to overcome them...

When we stumble and fall in our growth as a Christian it makes us stronger...

Love and Forgiveness should always be shown but, those who do not are only hurting themselves...

We should not judge others for what they do not do but, LOVE them anyway and be their light...

A lot of times we have to stand alone in our Christianity and do what is right when others are not...

Just as Jesus had to do before he gave his life on the Cross....

Posted · Report post

Hey Amanda! Welcome there is not much I can tell you seems everyone here has really great answers! Welcome to God's family my sister!

Posted · Report post

Welcome, Amandakay, to Worthy. I think you will like it here if you give Worthy a chance. I do believe anything you want to know is in the Bible. And there are plenty of good people here that can give you scripture wwhen you need it; if you do not know where to find it in the Bible.

Posted · Report post

Hi amanda. Welcome to worthy :) God Bless you!! :D

Posted · Report post

Welcome sister to the our family here at Worthy and the family of God. 

Reading what you said I am reminded of an old. old hymn.

"Turn Your eyes upon Jesus, look full into His wonderful face.  Then the things of earth will grow strangely dim, in the light of His  glory  and grace."

We need to keep our eyes on Jesus and not on what man is doing.  People will disappoint you just about every time.  Keep your eyes on God He never will disappoint you. He is the truth and will never leave you or forsake you. 

You also said you read the Bible but only understand a portion of it.  I would suggest you get into a good solid Bible believing church that preaches the gospel.  You are never going to understand all of it.  I have been saved since I was 15 and I am now 61 and I still don't understand it all.    If you have questions we will do our level best to answer them. Remember God loves you and it was His love that drew you here.   Just keep putting one foot in front of the other. " Be still and know that He is God,'  Don't judge when you see someone that is saying one thing and doing something else, just keep your eyes on Christ, He is your answer.

Again welcome to Worthy.

Because He Lives!! Rustyangel