christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

i am new to Christianity

* * * * * 1 votes new to Christianity

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

amandakay

amandakay
  • Members
  • 18 posts

I am new to the christian faith. I did not grow up in a christian home and a bit confused about some things. In the bible it saids love this sinner but hate the sin but i see people that say they are Christians hating people. It seems like Christian either arent really Christians or only following what that want to follow in the bible. Does god promote hate? I just dont understand any of it. i read the bible but I will admit i only understand i portion of it.

Steve_S

Steve_S

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Welcome to worthy sister. I'm happy to hear that you've recently accepted Christ.

Logan

Logan

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Hi Amanda, welcome to worthy

coffeespiller87

coffeespiller87

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Nice to Meet you Amanda. and no God does not promote hate. that is a short answer so we can discuss it on a thread in the forum or you could come into chat.

Hippie333

Hippie333

Veteran Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Welcome to Worthy!!

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,104 posts

​Welcome to Worthy, 

We love the sinner by speaking the truth in love.

We hate the sin by refusing to condone, ignore, or excuse it.

1Jn 4:8  

The one who does not love has not known God. For God is love. 

1Jn 4:9  
In this the love of God was revealed in us,
because God sent His only begotten Son into the world that we might live through Him. 

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,778 posts
Welcome to Worthy!

BeauJangles

BeauJangles

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Hi, Amanda. Welcome to Worthy! For a new Christian, you certainly have a lot of  godly insight. Yes we are supposed to love the sinner, but not accept their sinful ways... Excellent! Why do some not follow Christ's example in this? They forgot WWJD: What Would Jesus Do? Looks like you understand this well. Welcome, sister.

God bless you!

Shalom

David/BeauJangles 

(KJV) Luke 5:32  I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,017 posts

Welcome to Worthy.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,559 posts

Welcome~!

*Zion*

*Zion*

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Welcome Amanda, God bless you :)

Jerry1023

Jerry1023

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts
Welcome to worthy.

Helen Back

Helen Back
  • Banned
  • 47 posts

Hi Amanda,

I know what you mean.  I think people go to church for many different reasons, and some are very hypocritical.  Just remember, as in life, you cannot judge an entire group by the actions of a few.  Calling yourself a Christian, does not make you Jesus.  We are all imperfect.  Try to be the bigger person and forgive those who hurt you.  Pray that one day they will see the error in their ways.  

Much love.

amandakay

amandakay
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Hi yall thanks for all the encouraging words and great verses :)

shakellsy

shakellsy
  • 1 posts
Welcome to worthy sister

shawnalb

shawnalb
  • Members
  • 5 posts
Welcome amanda!

John Robinson

John Robinson

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Welcome!

mevosper

mevosper

• PipPip
  • 182 posts

Amanda, welcome. View your christian life as a newly planted seed. It takes watering (reading the Bible) and weeding (being conscience of and removing sin). Your life/seed will begin to sprout and eventually produce fruit. But this happens over time, not over night. Always be in a spirit of prayer and make time to get alone and pray to God daily. 

Welcome to the family. God has called you and you have responded. Keep the faith sister.  :biggrin2:

Prodigalson123

Prodigalson123

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Welcome to Worthy, but more important, welcome to the Kingdom! This is a question that you will be bombarded with for the foreseeable future, as the "world" will ask this as well. A really good answer was from;

Hi, Amanda. Welcome to Worthy! For a new Christian, you certainly have a lot of  godly insight. Yes we are supposed to love the sinner, but not accept their sinful ways... Excellent! Why do some not follow Christ's example in this? They forgot WWJD: What Would Jesus Do? Looks like you understand this well. Welcome, sister.

God bless you!

Shalom

David/BeauJangles 

(KJV) Luke 5:32  I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

We are supposed to agree with God on what is sin, and then we ask Him through the Holy Spirit to through His power remove that from our lives, becoming more like Christ in the process. We understand that we are the same as the people who are "in sin" now, except because of the power of God, we are accepted and freed from the bondage of sin. So we pray for them (the sinners we see) and we don't accept the sins, but we love the people and model the transforming power of our LORD to them. Hope that helps

Butero

Butero

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,911 posts

Hello.  I saw your other thread about giving up, and asked you if you were coming from the place of being a Christian.  I just saw this thread for the first time, so question answered.  Sister, if you are a born again Christian, the things you did before you got saved are past.  I have no idea what kind of a Christian would attack you for things in your old life, but they were wrong to do so.  I won't lie about the sinfulness of fornication to spare feelings, but we all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God in our past, so try not to let it bother you.  As for the birth control thing, within the Christian church, we all have different views of what is sin and what is not.  We don't all interpret scripture the same.  If you ask an opinion about the sinfulness of something, you might get answers you don't want to hear, and if you talk to the wrong people, you might get jumped on, like the person did to you when they called you names.  If you were to ask my opinion about birth control, I would give you my honest view, but ultimately, you have to decide if my opinion matches up with the Bible.  The same thing applies with regard to anyone else.  We give opinions.  We try to get it right, but we don't always agree, and we can't all be correct.  Seek God about those things you aren't sure of.  I hope I was of some help to you.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network