christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Does God Beg

* * * * * 1 votes Should we beg

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

tigger398

tigger398

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts

I heard that we should not beg, Cause God does not beg. Is that true.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,144 posts
  • Interests:camping computers

God has no reason to beg.....   he has whatever he want and needs.....'

As for man begging I don't think I remember anything that says you can't....    but it's usually associated with shame.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,073 posts
  • Interests:The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace. And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 - - - Love, Your Brother Joe

I heard that we should not beg,

Cause God does not beg.

Is that true.

:thumbsup:

Well Yes

We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God. 2 Corinthians 5:20

Yes He Calls

Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. Isaiah 1:18

For How Else Will We Turn

I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners and need to repent." Luke 5:32 (NLT)

Unless He Turns

All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out. John 5:37 (ESV)

Us

I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images. Isaiah 42:8

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,194 posts
  • Interests:Many and varied. Any technology with blinking and flashing lights, no matter what it does...

I have often begged the Lord for healing or resolution of a situation. When we are down on our knees what else are we to do?

God does not beg. Your question is very wide. God does not smoke, should we? God does not drink, should we? God cannot sin, should we? Etc.

God is perfect. Are we?

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,073 posts
  • Interests:The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace. And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 - - - Love, Your Brother Joe

I have often begged the Lord for healing or resolution of a situation. When we are down on our knees what else are we to do?

God does not beg. Your question is very wide. God does not smoke, should we? God does not drink, should we? God cannot sin, should we? Etc.

God is perfect.

Are we?

:thumbsup:

Praying~!

Omegaman

Omegaman

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Interests:Bible, photography, travel, eBay :), things with engines, marine tropical fish, sailing on dry land, camping, Worthychatting, making things, learning, food lol, browsing the i-net, creating and hosting websites, these are a few of my favorite things.

I do not think God begs, but in American English begging has implication that would not apply to God. As was noted, God does not need anything, therefore begging is not really His station.

However, he is compassionate, and pleads with mankind, to follow His instructions, becuase he loves the world and wants what is best.

You might find it instuctional, to look over some of these examples of human begging

shiloh357

shiloh357

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,215 posts
  • Interests:Israel Advocacy Bible Study, Apologetics, Theology, Camping, Hiking, Fishing, Birdwatching, BBQing

God doesn't beg.  He is self-sufficient and has no needs whatsoever.   God offers us salvation, but He doesn't beg us to be saved. 

Willamina

Willamina

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,853 posts
  • Interests:Birdwatching, Bible study

I am persistant in prayer till I get an answer.

Sometimes it is when we are really desperate that God answers our prayers and that is when we are crying out to God.  It is not begging in the please give me my wish meaning.  It is much deeper and more urgent than that.

Fez, I am also praying.

Willa                

gamnot

gamnot

• PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy, Psychology, Religion

I would not beg anything from people, because it is an indication of weakness and many people have the tendency to capitalize on weakness. 

• PipPip
  • 221 posts

There is something as God's permissive will and due to our human nature we might strive for it but 'God grant me grace to be settled on His perfect will'.

I think if we find our self begging we are a little off base.

God's mind doesn't need changing, I am the one that needs to be adjusting.

If I can walk in His Word then there is no question - I already have it - though it may not yet be realized.

I think begging, as Other One noted, is usually associated with self perceived shortfalls.

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts
  • Interests:My Heavenly Father,Jesus Christ,the Holy Spirit,the Bible,people,all Gods creatures(great,small & furry),from the sublime to the ridiculous,learning in general,artwork,animal trainer,cooking & eating,laughing

Blessings tigger.....

God beg?I don't know who you heard this from but perhaps you can persuade them to read the Bible & if they do then pray they read it with Wisdom & Understanding by the Power of the Holy Spirit

Many times I am professing my faith & trust by asking & believing in Jesus Name,I am bold & confident in His Word and I know my Father hears me & I needn't ask twice,I even thank Him in advance & give Him Glory as I await the manifestation of my request!!!WOW,huh?

And then other times I am lying prostrate ,with my face on the floor ,crying,pleading & begging and in my mind i am thinking of my desperation & how desperate times call for desperate measures-lol     I am fallible,human,I am a process

My point is tigger,,,,,,the best thing is to be in an intimate relationship with our Lord,that we may come to Him with everything just as we are,He knows our heart better than even we do.................just give Him all of you,all the time, whatever state you are in .....praise the Lord!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

BeauJangles

BeauJangles

• PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Interests:musician/folk singer, reading, esp. God's Word. preference: KJV. writer/poet. Messianic Judaic Ministries, meeting and making friends in Christ, from all nations. Sharing my faith with others on-line. Enjoy people with a sense of humor.

I will have to agree with all replies concerning, "Does God Beg?" And I'll also admit without shame, there have been many times I've begged, pleaded, interceded and petitioned the Lord in prayer... Usually accompanied with having wept as well. I'm neither ashamed to admit to that, as much as I'm not ashamed of the Gospel, and the Lord Jesus Christ. God bless you,

Shalom

David/BeauJangles

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network