christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

would anyone have advice on children bibles?

* * * * * 1 votes children bibles

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

amandakay

amandakay
  • Members
  • 18 posts

hello brother and sisters I was wondering if any of you might know good bible to get for children age 7 and 10? they love to read the bible but have a really hard time understanding it. Thought there might be a bible made for children to understand more.

thanks 

fire-heart

fire-heart

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

hello brother and sisters I was wondering if any of you might know good bible to get for children age 7 and 10? they love to read the bible but have a really hard time understanding it. Thought there might be a bible made for children to understand more.

thanks 

There is a series of books called the almighty Bible it has amazing pictures and is very easy to understand. It really helped me as I have the mind of a child so it spoke to me. I think you have to order them online but boy are they amazing:]

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,375 posts

There is a series of books called the almighty Bible it has amazing pictures and is very easy to understand. It really helped me as I have the mind of a child so it spoke to me. I think you have to order them online but boy are they amazing :)

:thumbsup:

Thank You For Bringing This Up

http://www.thealmightybible.com/

We May Just Buy A Set For My Grandson

Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word. Psalms 119:9

Love, Your Brother Joe

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,581 posts

You could try the 'Precious Moments' Bibles; I got one for my youngest when she was nine.  She's 30 now and STILL loves it!

Willamina

Willamina

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,944 posts
Most easy ones are not very accurate..
Some can be found on line. I use the NKJV or New King James Version, or the NASB or New American Standard Version, but my 10 year old grand daughter can't read them well. Our grandson could but he is in advanced classes. Some people like the New International Version NIV but not the latest version of it. It was used by our Christian School because it is easier to read. The WEB or World English Bible also seems pretty good. It is not copyrighted so to be cheap. All of them have hard words for young readers. Some places to look online are studybible, BibleGateway, Biblestudytools, and bibleontheweb. You can try those out there before buying one.

We bought a book of Bible stories for the kids when they were younger, and both my husband and daughter in law read them when they were new believers because they had not been raised in church and didn't know the old testament stories or the things that Christ did. That and a New Testament are best to start with.

amandakay

amandakay
  • Members
  • 18 posts

thank yall so much i will check out all of those.. 

Flagesapen

Flagesapen

• PipPip
  • 109 posts
My eldest is 10 and we got her the fire bible for kids kjv.it has tons of extra facts about characters and books of the bible, cool pictures and little quizzes and ideas on how to share the Gospel. She just loves it.

coffeespiller87

coffeespiller87

Veteran Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

I was going to suggest the Sarah Young Jesus is calling Bible but it says ages is three to 7 and you mentione dyour kid is between 7 to 10 so maybe its too easy for your kids I like this childrens Bible 

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts
Welcome to Worthy!!

GoldenEagle

GoldenEagle

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,331 posts

thanks 

Welcome to the forums! We like the Jesus Storybook Bible.

I've found that kids usually can read the NLT pretty well. I grew up reading a similar version.

God bless,

GE

amandakay

amandakay
  • Members
  • 18 posts

thanks yall i will look up the fire bible for them. 

coffeespiller87

coffeespiller87

Veteran Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

I hope you find what your looking for and what will be best for your kids with understanding. Finding the right Bible for them can take time and its worth spending more time looking into than just rushing and possibly ending up disappointed. I have faith God will lead you to the right Bible for them. God bless

amandakay

amandakay
  • Members
  • 18 posts
Yes i am i am taking all sudgesting but still looking going to some christian book stores tomorrow

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network