christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Let's Post!

* * * * * 2 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

Hippie333

Hippie333

Veteran Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Shalom and Heyas Gang!

You know, I am one of those that is so truly thankful for Worthy Forums and the Worthy Chat room.....I have been here for going on 2yrs now, and continue to be blessed over and over from the people in all areas here. There are so many here believers and non-believers alike that bring an incredible amount of fellowship, learning and study to the table we all sit at here. I really enjoy some of the depth and theology in the topics. I also feel so touched by the prayers offered and said for others here in the prayer area....so much love to be found. I really do appreciate all the hard work done by all the ministry staff here ( Chat Admins, Board Admins, Watchmen, and Platinum) ....they do sooooo much behind the scenes..not just moderating but in personal one on one ministering, listening and doing all they can to try to serve the Lord here. It's a tough job, mentally draining sometimes....and it's all volunteer work...( free ). That being said...and being one of those blessed to ask to serve here....

I have something to ask of everyone here at Worthy. I know we truly believe what we believe....and we so want to help others, teach others, reach out to others....that it can get pretty heated in the discussions here. I am OK with that...it's passion for what we believe....and if I did not see that here, I would probably not have stuck around so long. I just ask......please, please, speak to each other with kindness, compassion and LOVE for one another. Sometimes it seems that we are so focused on speaking the truth to others, that we forget how we need to DELIVER that truth. The very second we say something in truth but with no love and kindness in our words...we shut the door. Yes, we do...it's sad but true and sadly enough it's not rare. When we speak the truth, and are absolutely right....if we go about it the wrong way, we are still wrong. So that love that Christ asks us to have for one another, I think....should be on our hearts and minds as we post.

Now....also, if we speak with just love and blur the truth to not hurt feelings, or make someone feel better....we are wrong there as well. We cannot withhold the truth...and just speak love and kind words, I think we all know where that can lead. When that person gets the truth after going a while being told something different...it can be spiritually a slap in the face, confusing and damaging to them. I know we don't want either of these types of things to happen....so we have to walk that thin line, between Love and Truth....the truth strong enough to stand, and show the way...and the love to open the hearts and be let in. We have time here, on the boards and even in chat, to slow down a minute and think about what we say, before we say it. So, let us do that....even when the other person is not doing that. Let it go, forgive and be the light or truth and love that Christ so wants from us.

Anyway Worthy Peoples! I love you all, I love seeing the Holy Spirit speak thru others here....I love the fellowship here....I just want to see God's Holy Holy Holy Word.....cherished and spread here in a way that truly edifies Christ Our Savior!

God Bless,

Hip

Matthew  22:36  Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
Matthew  22:37  Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
Matthew  22:38  This is the first and great commandment.
Matthew  22:39  And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Matthew  22:40  On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,515 posts

Blessings Hippie

Happy Fathers Day ,my Brother .......God Bless you & your family & of course,praise the Lord!

Hippie,no truer words could be spoken in your OP & it is a wonderful reminder that at all times we MUST think of Who it is we are representing!I set a few simple guidelines for myself & it has helped me on many occasions.....Above all,I pray & ask that I be Gods vessel & for His help to continue to walk in spirit & in truth but this is not ALWAYS the case......there are days I simply cannot seem to get it together & I am bound by my flesh,I am sure everyone goes through these times......those are the times I refrain from posting at all.....lol

Well,how about those days we are simply not exactly "prayed up" enough but would like t fellowship & interact with our Worthy Family?That is when I remember those guidelines .....

1-Am I walking in spirit & in truth today?Can I follow the Fathers lead?   I have to ask myself  what condition is my spirit in,,,,,,,,,& know

2-If I am offended,insulted or annoyed,,,,,,I am in the flesh & need not respond

3-Is what I am about to say going to edify,encourage,bring peace,love or joy to anyone?What is my response going to do,anything good?

4-Do I have the experience or knowledge to minister to someone or answer their question

5-Can I voice my opinion ,though it is contrary to others with kindness & gentleness  

6-Am I trying to prove my point or what I believe to be Gods Truth?

I cannot help what anyone else says but I try to remember that I am always accountable for what I say..........

I ask myself these things before I begin my day at Worthy,& in all things give God the Glory............

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Hippie333

Hippie333

Veteran Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Blessings Hippie

Happy Fathers Day ,my Brother .......God Bless you & your family & of course,praise the Lord!

Hippie,no truer words could be spoken in your OP & it is a wonderful reminder that at all times we MUST think of Who it is we are representing!I set a few simple guidelines for myself & it has helped me on many occasions.....Above all,I pray & ask that I be Gods vessel & for His help to continue to walk in spirit & in truth but this is not ALWAYS the case......there are days I simply cannot seem to get it together & I am bound by my flesh,I am sure everyone goes through these times......those are the times I refrain from posting at all.....lol

Well,how about those days we are simply not exactly "prayed up" enough but would like t fellowship & interact with our Worthy Family?That is when I remember those guidelines .....

1-Am I walking in spirit & in truth today?Can I follow the Fathers lead?   I have to ask myself  what condition is my spirit in,,,,,,,,,& know

2-If I am offended,insulted or annoyed,,,,,,I am in the flesh & need not respond

3-Is what I am about to say going to edify,encourage,bring peace,love or joy to anyone?What is my response going to do,anything good?

4-Do I have the experience or knowledge to minister to someone or answer their question

5-Can I voice my opinion ,though it is contrary to others with kindness & gentleness  

I cannot help what anyone else says but I try to remember that I am always accountable for what I say..........

I ask myself these things before I begin my day at Worthy,& in all things give God the Glory............

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Amen Kwik,

I think I am going to print your list out and tape it to my monitor ;)

God Bless,

Hip

Flagesapen

Flagesapen

• PipPip
  • 109 posts
. I'm kinda new here. and I just want apologize to anyone I may have offended.hurt or confused with my words. I try to show love in all I say and share truth also.yet nobody's perfect... Even though I don't go into chat..I do post .. I ment no disrespect or to hurt anyone. I'm so sorry... and thank you to all those working behind the scenes, helping, encouraging, and showing the love of Christ to those who visit this worthy site.

Edited by Flagesapen, 15 June 2014 - 09:54 PM.

gray wolf

gray wolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Yes, it often gets to a personal level here.  I always try to get in between and pacify with limited success.  I have noted some peripheral subjects cause such fierce emotions that the main Focus of this site is obscured: Christ Himself.   It is though these issues, albeit important, such as evolution and creation take a front seat to the main thing.  And it's all about reaching others with the Gospel.

Diatheosis

Diatheosis

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

We have a loving Heavenly Father, Who has set the Truth. And that Truth is Jesus Christ. Then we have our own limited understanding, yet sometimes are also revealed the grace of Him. Our experience however, is like a drop in a shoreless sea. It is of substance of course, but never matches with the Absolute.

We care for others to find the Truth in Christ. Care even more for them (AND ourselves!) to find also the love in Christ.

To perceive what God is up to in another person, and build on that; superb. Kind of doing the Will of God then.

What do we lose for sharing some kindness and compassion? And what do we receive then? Surely, we receive more of Him in whom we by so doing abide. And He abides in us. That's the way it goes. Because that's the way He goes. In love and truth. Not to forget the former, neither the latter. 

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,814 posts

You are all mad!

But I forgive you.... :stong:

Read what hippie has to say, it is really at the heart of how we should treat each other!

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,906 posts

. I'm kinda new here. and I just want apologize to anyone I may have offended.hurt or confused with my words. I try to show love in all I say and share truth also.yet nobody's perfect... Even though I don't go into chat..I do post .. I ment no disrespect or to hurt anyone. I'm so sorry... and thank you to all those working behind the scenes, helping, encouraging, and showing the love of Christ to those who visit this worthy site.

:emot-heartbeat:

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,323 posts

You are all mad!

But I forgive you.... :stong:

Read what hippie has to say, it is really at the heart of how we should treat each other!

I agree with Fez, but I'm the maddest   :stong:

Diatheosis

Diatheosis

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

when my wife said I was going crazy I replied 'bye bye'. At times I wonder would I really want to be sane according to the parameters of this world, though.

But wait, isn't it only biblical to be crazy?

1. Cor. 1:18 For the story and message of the cross is sheer absurdity and folly to those who are perishing and on their way to perdition, but to us who are being saved it is the [manifestation of] the power of God.

19 For it is written, I will baffle and render useless and destroy the learning of the learned and the philosophy of the philosophers and the cleverness of the clever and the discernment of the discerning; I will frustrate and nullify [them] and bring [them] to nothing.

20 Where is the wise man (the philosopher)? Where is the scribe (the scholar)? Where is the investigator (the logician, the debater) of this present time and age? Has not God shown up the nonsense and the folly of this world’s wisdom?

And all because of love that overcomes everything. Lest we forget.

gray wolf

gray wolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts
Aye. Wasn't it the March Hare who said if you're not mad, you wouldn't be here!

enoob57

enoob57

Royal Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,310 posts

Yes, it often gets to a personal level here.  I always try to get in between and pacify with limited success.  I have noted some peripheral subjects cause such fierce emotions that the main Focus of this site is obscured: Christ Himself.   It is though these issues, albeit important, such as evolution and creation take a front seat to the main thing.  And it's all about reaching others with the Gospel.

I giggled a little to this thought -unless I learn to be like rocks I will not be able to keep my person out of this... Love, Steven

turtletwo

turtletwo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts

Hi, Hippie. :emot-handshake:  Nice to meet you! Thanks for this important message. I believe you, gray wolf and others here are helping redirect us to what 1 Corinthians 13:13 says, "the greatest of these is love." It really is possible to represent Christ in a good way, even though it does take effort to get past our flesh and emotion. But we are all commanded to strive for perfection, in spite of our not reaching it.

I acknowlege that I am one of those :b:  oversensitive types who, often due to my many medical conditions asks to be ' handled with care ' ( and prayer. ) Joined 7 years ago. I get emotional easily. Fellow Worthyites- please know I appreciate those who've been cooperative with me in this regard.

Kindness :heart:  is something believers and nonbelievers alike need in this rough world...and we must be mindful that some people do have more hardships than others. Some are just more fragile.

Flagesapen, it was nice of you to humble yourself in the sight of the Lord to apologize to anyone you may have offended. Not me. :6: Anyway,  I here and now do the same. Forgive me, everyone. I know I get moody. Usually due to the physical suffering & family problems. Wish I'd stop taking it out on my Worthy fam! I will try harder. I hope that you will help me by uplifting ways.

Kwik, you have shared so many helpful things! Thanks for your contributions in this reply to Hip's post and to this site. And also by having patience with those who desperately require it. Because contrary to popular beilef, 'tough love' does not work on all... Gentle love can melt the hardest heart. I may be a puddle one day soon. :laughing:  :)  :wub: Blessings. And sorry if this was too long...

Marilyn C

Marilyn C

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Hi Hippie333,

I`ve seen you around & appreciate your comments. And here your thoughts are very timely in the Lord. Thank you.

Kwikphilly,

I so appreciate your deep love & care for everyone. Your name is so apt as God has enabled you to be here, there & everywhere, encouraging, lifting up & caring - like a warm cosy blanket in Worthy, making us all feel connected. Bless you sis.

flagesapen,

Haven`t seen you before but know how you feel with our `weaknesses.` :6:

enoob57

enoob57

Royal Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,310 posts

Hi, Hippie. :emot-handshake:  Nice to meet you! Thanks for this important message. I believe you, gray wolf and others here are helping redirect us to what 1 Corinthians 13:13 says, "the greatest of these is love." It really is possible to represent Christ in a good way, even though it does take effort to get past our flesh and emotion. But we are all commanded to strive for perfection, in spite of our not reaching it.

I acknowlege that I am one of those :b:  oversensitive types who, often due to my many medical conditions asks to be ' handled with care ' ( and prayer. ) Joined 7 years ago. I get emotional easily. Fellow Worthyites- please know I appreciate those who've been cooperative with me in this regard.

Kindness :heart:  is something believers and nonbelievers alike need in this rough world...and we must be mindful that some people do have more hardships than others. Some are just more fragile.

Flagesapen, it was nice of you to humble yourself in the sight of the Lord to apologize to anyone you may have offended. Not me. :6: Anyway,  I here and now do the same. Forgive me, everyone. I know I get moody. Usually due to the physical suffering & family problems. Wish I'd stop taking it out on my Worthy fam! I will try harder. I hope that you will help me by uplifting ways.

Kwik, you have shared so many helpful things! Thanks for your contributions in this reply to Hip's post and to this site. And also by having patience with those who desperately require it. Because contrary to popular beilef, 'tough love' does not work on all... Gentle love can melt the hardest heart. I may be a puddle one day soon. :laughing:  :)  :wub: Blessings. And sorry if this was too long...

As one who loves you cause this is from The Lord within Who Loves All... knowing your struggling in life
to find hope in hopeless situations! The apparent only recourse is to ask God's enablement toward movement toward
that which 'IS' promised and laying before Jesus all the grief and hardship is our only other avenue of prayer
->"if He is not taking it away the hardships" as ask of Him by those who love you TT... we do grieve for you in prayer!
Disease and family ruin what could be worse to endure >!< I know your aware of this dilemma we are in asking
and not receiving deliverance for you but God Who promises
Rom 8:28
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that
love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose
KJV

This being the only peace in our asking of God for you- as we are not receiving
the physical reliefs sought in our heart to The Lord... We can only hope in the
spiritual realities to increase so you can endure these hardships! Love, Steven

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,515 posts

Blessings All

I do hope that many are reading this thread as our loving Brother ,Hippie,set before us a gentle reminder & a heartfelt request.The ones that will respond are the peacemakers it seems but let all these continue in love as we represent Christ,our Lord & Savior....

Turtle ,Marylin,Flagespan......you are very kind ,I love you ,,,,to God be the Glory!

With love in Christ,Kwik

coheir

coheir

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Blessings All

I do hope that many are reading this thread as our loving Brother ,Hippie,set before us a gentle reminder & a heartfelt request.The ones that will respond are the peacemakers it seems but let all these continue in love as we represent Christ,our Lord & Savior....

Turtle ,Marylin,Flagespan......you are very kind ,I love you ,,,,to God be the Glory!

With love in Christ,Kwik

I still remember the love hippie showed me a while back.

Bethany

Bethany

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

I think I am going to print your list out and tape it to my monitor ;)

I plan on doing the same thing Hippie. Thanks Kwik. :)

These are now on a lovely neon orange sticky note on my screen.

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,515 posts

Blessings Bethany....

You are quite welcome......I am so pleased that in sharing the little things I do to try to keep myself in check has helped in some way,truly ojur Brother Hippie has given us all a little "food for thought " & we give God the Glory!!!!

Sometimes I hear,"Gee Kwik.haven't heard from you in a day or two?" Well,it does not mean I am not here reading ,I just do not like to post just to post...........sometimes the response does not come right away as we may first have to pray & wait on our Lord..............it took many years for me not to re_ACT     Praise & Glory to God!                                                                Love,Kwik

tigger two

tigger two
  • Members
  • 24 posts

This is my first post here (and I hope it will not be my last).

I have been banned from another Christian site because I had the nerve to post answers questioning the trinity on a discussion named 'Is Jesus God?'

I believe Jesus is our Christ and Savior.  But I don't think he is equally God with the Father.  Will this cause me to be banned and have my posts deleted here?

Also, I have used the name Tigger 2 for about 20 years, but was not allowed to use it here.  Is there another Tigger 2 here?

Edited by tigger two, 05 July 2014 - 05:16 PM.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network