christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Girl Ministry

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

christiangirl098

christiangirl098
  • 1 posts

Hi I am a lady and I want to serve the Lord. I want to study the Bible and preach and do mission trips but I have been told to do this on the side. That my career may not flourish because of my sex. I was just wanting other opinions about that. 

Rustyangel

Rustyangel

Royal Member

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,304 posts
  • Interests:Dog training, fellowshipping with my family at Worthy. Worshiping the Lord in song. Sharing Jesus with those who do not know Him.

Everyone who answered the voice of Jesus and have been saved are supposed to preach the gospel.  I do not however believe in women pastors as in church.  Missionaries yes.  Some of the best  missionaries have been women.  We are to share the love of Jesus with everyone.  If not in speech,  then our acts or just in our everyday lives.  You can  surely lead Bible studies provided you are well grounded in the word.  Just listen to God's voice and wait until He leads you  where  your supposed to be.

Because He Lives!  Rustyangel

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts
  • Interests:My Heavenly Father,Jesus Christ,the Holy Spirit,the Bible,people,all Gods creatures(great,small & furry),from the sublime to the ridiculous,learning in general,artwork,animal trainer,cooking & eating,laughing

Blessings christiangirl

Welcome to Worthy.................seek Gods approval,not mans.Seek God with all your heart,especially in His Word & just let Him direct your path,,,,,whatever God has for you no man can stand in the way & wherever He leads you He makes a way.........His Will be done,in Jesus Name!!!

When we look to have an intimate relationship with our Lord that is when everything begins to happen,He reveals His Will,His Ways & His purpose to which He calls us,,,,,,,,if God is for us,who could be against us.?

God uses whomever He desires to,men,women & children....He even had a donkey to speak! Women do great things for Gods Kingdom,they always have & they always will......just remember that God is no respecter of persons......you are His child,if it makes no difference to God then it does not matter what anyone else thinks.............Glory to God!                                                                                       With love-in Christ,Kwik

Cletus

Cletus

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
Many people do not agree with what I am about to say but it is in the bible. The first person to proclaim He is rizen was a woman. What I recommend is to pray about it. Seek His will for your life. Pray for laborers in the field and ask He would use you for His glory.

What would be sucess to you? A good career or God using you to plant and /or water seeds? Acts 3:6 shows that there was no money, at least at that time. I heard a story once where some missionaries were way out in africa. Way out in the country. And thier jeep or whatever broke down. Short while later two tribals came hauling the exact part back to thier village and had no idea what the part was they were carrying. Jeep got fixed, missionaries went to village, gospel was preached, and people got saved. If God is for your move to preaching and mission trips God will provide you everything you need. The earth and the fullness thereof belongs to The Lord.

Willamina

Willamina

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts
  • Interests:Birdwatching, Bible study
A young lady from our church in the USA went to Uganda by herself and taught English first in a village Christian school. She lived in a hut with a dirt floor, no water, electricity or bathroom. After a year she was asked to teach women and children at a Christian mission, which she did for many years. It was less primitive there. It was run entirely by Ugandan people. We still support that mission and the churches they have planted as well. You didn't mention where you are from. In the USA we have a group called YWAM that trains young people in just a year or 2 to become missionaries. It would help greatly to go to this or a good Bible school before going oversees. Then take a short term trip to the area for a few weeks.
Blessings,
Willa

Marilyn C

Marilyn C

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Interests:Discipling, Eschatology, Eternal Purposes.

Hi christiangirl098,

May the Lord continue to encourage you, guide you & show you the special vessel He is making of you. And by the way you will find lots of encouragement & comfort when needed here on this great Forum of Worthy.

Blessings sister in the Lord, Marilyn.

alien224

alien224

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • Interests:praising the Lord. Writing, computers
If God told you to do it you need to do it. Not listen to man. Pray and seek God's will.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network