christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Is God backing away or have we turned away?

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

JohnDB

JohnDB

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,968 posts

Understand, the argument can be made that Christianity (ever since the radical Roman takeover) has been on shaky ground (God saving the Church Organism despite the human tradition--saturated Church organization) and the logical conclusion / outcome (Christianity appears to most from outside and inside to be nothing more than another world religion) and people, nay entire nations (including America) have turned their backs on God...

WIP

WIP

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

It is the world who has turned from God...scripture tells us that He is not willing that any should perish...No He hasn't turned His back on the world.

JohnDB

JohnDB

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,968 posts

Dare to take the "how well do I know the God I say I believe in" quiz?

I mean, isn't becoming totally familiar with God and knowing his plan for humanity and our own personal calling to ministry according to our spiritual gifts kind of the initial basis for a relationship we claim to have with him?

Someone very wise said "if we dated people the way we carry on a relationship with God, we would be all alone."

JohnDB

JohnDB

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,968 posts

The Apostles' Creed begins with "I believe in God the Father, Creator of heaven and earth..."

Quiz question number 1...

Is this true?

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,181 posts
Blessings John
Very wise indeed,but thank God He never abandons us as people will do very quickly if we put forth no effort to keep a relationship alive,God cannot be compared to a human being,His Mercy endures forever,,,by ignoring the One that loves us beyond measure does nothing to lessen His love for us or to nullify any of His promises from the moment we accepted Jesus as our Lord& Savior,our lives would be unfruitful & we cannot move forward without seeking an intimate relationship with our Father,it is our choice
With love,in Christ,Kwik

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,660 posts

The Apostles' Creed begins with "I believe in God the Father, Creator of heaven and earth..."

Is this true?

technically the answer to this question would be no......    all things came from the Father, but Jesus himself did the creating in the form he was in prior to becoming flesh.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,107 posts

Is this true?

technically the answer to this question would be no......    all things came from the Father, but Jesus himself did the creating in the form he was in prior to becoming flesh.

Amen~!

And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: Ephesians 3:9

JohnDB

JohnDB

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,968 posts

Is this true?

Then Isaiah 44:24 is untrue?

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,660 posts

Is this true?

Nope, it's very true.....    the Lord, or God in the old testament is Jesus when he was in the form of God before he set that aside and became flesh.

Jesus is the Old Testament God....     They did not know of the Father before Jesus came here and made it possible.

JohnDB

JohnDB

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,968 posts

Is this true?

Nope, it's very true.....    the Lord, or God in the old testament is Jesus when he was in the form of God before he set that aside and became flesh.

Jesus is the Old Testament God....     They did not know of the Father before Jesus came here and made it possible.

Okay, I see the problem here. Your interpretation of the deity of Christ is that he "was" God but gave all that up to become a man. Is this correct?

JohnDB

JohnDB

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,968 posts

Philippians 2:6 (NKJV)
6 who, being in the form of God {morphe theos huparchon never ceasing to be God}, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God,

Jesus never stopped being God the Word in Spirit (John 1:1 / John 1:14).

All things emanating from the Father speaks to his authority over all. 

The Father retains the authority.

He created the body of the Son (Hebrew 10:5 / Hebrews 1:5) which is how John 1:14, John 1:18, John 3:16, John 3:18, and 1 John 4:9 can rightly state Jesus is the only begotten Son of God (the Father).

And how Luke 3:38, Genesis 6:2, Genesis 6:4, Job 1:6, Job 2:1, and Job 38:7 refer to the sons of God the Word (Jesus preincarnate)... and there be no contradiction...

And we who were born (children of the Creator God the Word) as all mankind is, can become children of God the Father through adoption by believing in his Son Jesus.

Romans 8:15 (NKJV)
15 For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.”

Romans 8:23 (NKJV)
23 Not only that, but we also who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body.

Galatians 4:5 (NKJV)
5 to redeem those who were under the law, that we might receive the adoption as sons.

Ephesians 1:5 (NKJV)
5 having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will,

God help us to discover and live by the truth in scripture.

Jesus emptied only his privileges as God not his nature or abilities. Those he put in human submission to the Father... if you read in the verses following:

John 5:19 (NKJV)
19 Then Jesus answered and said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do; for whatever He does, the Son also does in like manner.

you will discover this is not about his inability but restraint in submission to fulfill the role as kinsman redeemer (which is why he became human in the first place). It also sheds more light on what the three temptations were really about... not sin but disqualification as our kinsman redeemer and all (for humanity) would be lost.

And because Jesus (preincarnate) created all things created in the beginning alone by himself is why he was the one to become a man and die for the sins of the world (John 3:16 / 1 Timothy 4:10 / 1 John 2:2 (which means all mankind has the [potential] to be saved but only those who believe in Jesus actually are saved). But it was he who took responsibility for his creation that fell.

So the so-called Apostle's creed is wrong. And so are all doctrines, traditions, etc. that do not line up with holy writ (the Bible the Word of God).

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,660 posts

Covers a lot....   I'll have to ponder that all for a while, but sounds ok overall to me.

babylonisfalling

babylonisfalling
  • Members
  • 12 posts

God is omnipresent....He's not backing away. 

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network