christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hey, I'm Aaron.

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

arkyx

arkyx
  • 1 posts

Hey there everybody,

I'm Aaron, from the humble island abode of Singapore. 18 this year, enrolled in a pre-u college` taking the A- Levels this year, similar to the SAT in the States. Also, for the misinformed, no, Singapore is not part of China/Africa/India lol - or located in a remote, oppressed region of the world for that matter, haha.

We are a bit small and near the south-east corner of the typical world map I guess.

Anyway, I've come here to get a few things off my mind that I just simply can't share with those around me. Thanks to the anonymity of the Internet, some of you folks halfway around the world will know more about my thoughts, feelings and doings than my own parents do. Would be helpful to know where I could post such a heavy thread(it will be, I can assure you) so I don't accidentally break conduct.

Besides that - if and when I have victory over this significant period of trouble - I've always taken an interest in apologetics, and might delve into some here.

Well, sorry that intro was a little less bubbly than the norm, but hi anyway! Nice to meet you all.

God bless,

Aaron

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,501 posts

Welcome to Worthy.

Bethany

Bethany

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Welcome to Worthy. :)

Logan

Logan

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Hi Aaron, 

Welcome to worthy

Mswright6488

Mswright6488
  • Members
  • 90 posts

welcome

Blesson Mathew

Blesson Mathew
  • Members
  • 10 posts
Welcome

coffeespiller87

coffeespiller87

Veteran Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Welcome to Worthy Aaron. 

kronborg

kronborg
  • Awaiting Authorisation
  • 94 posts

Hi arkyx. In the part of Copenhagen i was living in in 1993-96 we were fortunate to have a team from Singapore visiting, young christians with the mission to start up a congregation. For me this was a personal answer to prayer. Especially one of them became a somewhat close friend. We had meetings in the basement of a normal villa. We were app 10-15 people only. Taking of our shoes before we entered the room where the sunday service was held(it was real home and we showed respect by just having our socks touch the carpet). I have many dear memiories from those years. It was a close fellowship, English was the language,allthough one af the young men in the team managed to learn Danish in the time they spend at "Mariager højskole" in preparation for the church-mission planting. Some got married. Some stayed, and i think the leader of the church still is in Denmark in a international congregation. I loved the fellowship, the genuine love for Jesus, the youthfullness, the small outreach we had at the local mall(i went together with one of the malaysian girls - very devoted christian, and i must admit, truly beautiful) we were like brother and sister that day. diden't have much luck convincing the danes about anything though, but we enjoyed the day, working together for the Lord - me with a young girl from Malaysia. Well, im getting all carried away and emotional - so just welcome and please write all you want, this is a great forum.

BeauJangles

BeauJangles

• PipPip
  • 228 posts

Hi, Aaron. Welcome to Worthy! We do have many forums on site here... I'm sure you'll find several of interest for you. Glad to have you with us.

God bless you,

Shalom

David/BeauJangles

ScarsThatBind

ScarsThatBind
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Hi aaron I'm new too! welcome!

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,776 posts

Welcome~!

lil'misshope

lil'misshope
  • Members
  • 26 posts
Hi Aaron! I'm sorta new here, but welcome to worthy :)
You should come on the chat sometime :)

kronborg

kronborg
  • Awaiting Authorisation
  • 94 posts

Chat is only for small-talk - it seems to me Aaron has much more to offer than just chat!

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,501 posts

Chat is only for small-talk - it seems to me Aaron has much more to offer than just chat!

Chat isn't just small talk , it's an important part of Worthy and Worthy is a ministry. 

Many have come to know Christ through chat. 

The chat room, just as in any family discusses a wide variety of subjects. 

We support each other, we listen and we care. 

Members often give out prayer requests. 

I can assure you, we have some meaty conversations in chat as well and not just small talk.

The chat room has been and always will be an important life line to many members. 

Also, you have to take into account the different time zones which can effect the number of members in the room. 

Often conversations are taken into PM by one of the ministry team.

While it may appear in the main room that no one is talking to a member, often they have been taken into pm by one of the servants. 

I know that I often have three if not more PM's and arrow chat running at one time; as do the other servants. 

The chat room and the forum boards all make up Worthy.

Some members prefer the boards and some members prefer the chat room .  :thumbsup:

Some prefer to use both  :thumbsup:

God Bless. 

Nigel. 

kronborg

kronborg
  • Awaiting Authorisation
  • 94 posts

Of course your right, Nigel. It's just me that's a little ......for the time being. Bear with me.

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,501 posts

Of course your right, Nigel. It's just me that's a little ......for the time being. Bear with me.

Kron,

All is good.

Know you are in our prayers and we love you.  :thumbsup:

patticats

patticats

Advanced Member

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Welcome to Worthy!!

Rustyangel

Rustyangel

Royal Member

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,421 posts

Actually chat has and will continue to share Jesus with those who are seeking.  Yes we have fun.  But if you are really seeking please come into chat and ask your  questions.  We have a lot of people who would be willing to help you to find answers.  

Mike

Mike

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Welcome to Worthy Arkyx!! Hope that you will have a great time here!!!

God bless you!!! :)

kronborg

kronborg
  • Awaiting Authorisation
  • 94 posts

RustyAngel, reading your personal messsage to me just remainded med that the Holy Spirit Works in chat room too, so it was actually Him i offended the most. Not you guys. So, sorry Holy Spirit, i know you love me and dosen't hold this against me - i give you a kiss in front of all these nice people right now:   *¤kiss¤*

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network